Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Fifth Fleet: The Unluckies

...Welp. I suppose it was inevitable that a dark lord would show up at some point (even if mentioned in passing thus far)!

I'll try posting tomorrow or Friday.

Hooray, inter-party bickering! :p

The problem is that Aya very much sees herself as the dashing hero, swooping in to save the downtrodden. So it's very difficult for her to see such destruction and not want to do something. But hey, it's plopped an excellent RPing opportunity right into my lap, so I'm not complaining.

Man, with how things have been going I'm going to have to work twice as hard to make Yuzuki disgustingly happy to live up to her normally happy go lucky nature...

Going to be interesting to see how the rest of our merry band responds.

@Brett M @Syaoran @cyborgakadjmoose @Eistheid

Once upon a time, the /a/ board on 4chan discussed how awesome an anime would be if it was all about a girl destined for greatness who was trying to avoid triggering a flag for becoming The Chosen One, a Magical Girl, or accidentally falling into a giant robot. All by ignoring the wounded prince she sees on her way to school, siccing her dog on the contract offering critter, threatening to call social services on the child-soldier using Giant Mecha organization and generally Noping her way away from anything interesting.

In our quest, many shenanigans will be had if this is the course of action!

But fair @CadetNewb while it would make sense for a hero in a story to intervene, it wouldn't make sense for someone actually living in such a situation to get involved. So far as I'm aware Yuzuki has no reason not to treat the present situation like an IRL combat scenario, in which a small group most of which are only loosely familiar with their weapons would get run down casually by any trained military force, or large bandit group.

My point is that unless I see a reason that Yuzuki should believe that a traditionally heroic action isn't suicidal (as most are in real life) she isn't likely to enjoy the idea of charging into unknown danger. It's less avoiding the call to be the chosen one and more being an average girl who happens to stumble across an armed robbery in progress. Unless she has reason to believe otherwise she's probably just going to get shot.

Pre-emptive sorry for Aya being a Debbie Downer, but I thought it'd be inconsistent with her characterisation if she wasn't saddened by the decision to leave the village behind.

Nothing wrong with that guys, but if you want to turn the fancy wagon around, now's the time to do it. Or, if Aya's feeling impulsive, she can just go off and 'scout'. The whole group doesn't have to go after all, and they can still talk over distance. : P

If the party divides, that's actually ok, since I had stuff planned out for each route.

Someone's going to have to make a good case as to why Yuzuki wants to risk needing an ST backup if they want her vote :3

Intel would be one of the better arguments, though there's definitely a few others to be made in favor of going back. On the other hand, your characters are not assured that they can escape unscathed, even if they're simply scouting.

Sorry, I would've posted by now but I've got a lot of stuff on IRL right now - I'll see if I can post Sunday, though I can't promise anything.

Speaking of "scouting" - I was toying with the idea of Aya initially settling in for the night like everyone else, and then either claiming she was going to go off and "scout" or having her attempt to sneak off in the middle of the night to do what she can (although I doubt she could sneak past Sif or Kuroneko!).

I'll wait one more day before I move us forward, just in case someone wants to post at that point, things will pick up assuming you guys don't focus on the social. I'll take that as a cue to start the next series of events. Remember, what your character wants IC is not necessarily what you want OOC!

I'll be putting up an introspective wall of text hopefully on the morrow. I can do retrospective reflection on the past so no need to hold up on my part if I take too long.

Really looking forward to see how things progress :3

@CadetNewb

Will your next post move us on to night time? If not, would it be okay if I describe what Aya was going to do at night?

EDIT:

Taking a cue from Eistheid's post - which I really liked by the way, props to you! - I'm going to assume that we can mention night falling in our posts. I'll get on to the actual plan itself the next time I post, though, just to be safe!

Last edited:
Green light! Green light to engage!

Seriously though? I decided to roll what the night encounter was, and you're likely safer going to the village. I'll tell you about it after you post. : P

Oh snap! I'm looking forward to it/peeing in my pants and crying like a little baby already!

It's extremely late over here, though, so I'll have to get that particular post in tomorrow (sorry!). If necessary I'll edit it into my previous post and post in here to let you know.

Sorry for the double post, but I just edited my last post in the thread.

If anyone wants to, they should feel free to catch Aya as she tries to sneak off.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back