Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Fifth Fleet: The Unluckies

Sorry for the incredibly late update, life's just been kicking me in the pants again

I'll really try to post this weekend, I'm so sorry

@Brett M @Syaoran @cyborgakadjmoose @Eistheid

I'm just glad to hear someone's alive. Though, that brings me to my next point; I'd really like to speed up the pace of the plot to something more normal. However, I recall only one person replying about the Joint Posts idea. I'd like to at least know everyone else's time table so we can at least try to work something out.

Terribly sorry but I've been dealing with health issues. Not sure when I'll get a post up but I'll do my best.

Well, if we do end up doing JPs the easiest time for me would probably be Friday through to Sunday, although I'm not sure how well it'd work out with me presumably being in a different time zone to everyone else.

Also sorry for the super bland post; I've just been struggling to think of ways for Aya to contribute to moments like these without sticking her foot firmly in her mouth. :p

Not exactly against a JP if we can find a time, but right now I'm finding it hard to post, not really sure what we're supposed to be doing.

A JP is unlikely anytime soon then. I'll still ask occasionally to see if things have changed though.

Regarding the RP itself though, think of it as a DnD campaign. It's not about being entirely linear and just fighting, even though it could be. I would really like for your characters to talk with and interact with the NPCs and environment tbh. Even if they make a mistake, it's ok and won't totally screw them over. Even if they did make a mistake, you guys could always ask for suggestions or brainstorm here. Right now though, the two obvious routes would be to talk to the Kitsune Merchant, or see the waiting Elven Noble. Both have plenty to say. Of course, there's also Coco herself - I'm actually kinda surprised your characters haven't bombarded her with questions.

Also, yes, Sif is specifically incapacitated so you guys would feel like you had more leeway. Gloriously incapacitated.

I'm just glad you're still with us Brett. Though, regarding the plot, I'm contemplating opening it to new players and redoing the plot page as a result. I'd like to hear what you guys think regarding that. Now, regarding what's occurring in the story, it seems that there's a lot of worry about making mistakes and getting caught, etc. To be honest, there's bound to be one sooner or later, but even then, you'll get plenty of chances to dig your ways up and out, and making them is way better than timidity I think. Since the Kitsune was a bit more of a shock than I expected, I actually suggest your characters start plotting a cover story.

It's understandable Brett, and I'm just very glad you've kept me informed. Right now though, what I'm going to do is start a new chapter, start fixing up the plot's page proper, and also start recruiting some new players now that I got the time. However, I want to know how many of you want to keep RPing in the plot. I know life can be pretty hectic - I've been there - so if you feel like you can't keep up, please say so. You'll always be able to join back up when you're ready, that's for sure.

@Brett M @Syaoran @cyborgakadjmoose @Eistheid @Gallant

Ok guys, new chapter, new characters - as we go along, we're also going to gather more players. I've held this back long enough waiting, and it's not exactly fair, so no fancy introductions for the others! On a more serious note though, ask questions. Investigate. Don't be afraid to make mistakes. Many of you are Nekovalkyrja. Super soldiers. If it comes to the worst, you're still Neko, and most things simply aren't.

The most that'll happen is that Sif will pout at you all when she finally comes to.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back