• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: NovaCorp/Horizon City Flowers for Harm

Status
Not open for further replies.
"They make the food by hand here, so we have some time to talk." Kip leant forward, his elbows on the table "So tell me about yourself, or at least as much as your willing to tell." His face was strangely illuminated by the flickering candle.

“Well then we will probably have to find another topic to talk about otherwise there will be in the middle of an awkward silence by the time our food arrives.â€

Kip laughed. "And I am of course a record. Well then my mysterious beauty, leaving the anethema of your past, some questions abour yourself. So what do you like? Dislike? Favourite colour?" His eyes dazzled with some hidden humour.

“A good game, loosing, and that last one is a toss up between black, white, and dark green… So that is 3 out of 20, any more you have for right now?â€

Kip's mind worked through all the possible questions he could ask, smiling more.

"Alright then. What's your favourite animal? Do you prefer cat's or dogs? What's your favourite food? Drink? Drug? Do you have any tatoos? Piercings? What is your favourite feature of your body? What is your least favourite feature of your body? What do look for in men? What do you look for in women? What do you look for in a freind? Do you prefer organoids or artificial life? Brain or brawn? Does size matter? What type of music do you like? Do you believe in love at first sight? Does love exist or is there only lust? I went one over." Kip shrugged.

“I don’t really like animals but if I had to choose I guess I’d go with pussy cats. My favorite food is definitely ice cream if that counts. Drugs don’t work on me, or at least none of the ones I have come across. I do enjoy body art but I don’t have any on me, at least not yet. The same goes with piercing, I don’t even have my ears pierced yet!â€

"So now I finally get to know you. One last question then, are you enjoying your wine?" Kip leaned back, he really enjoyed being with Harm, she had a a form of charm he was susceptible to, and was fun to be around, at least for him. "The food should be arriving soon. Do you have any questions for little old me?"

She swirled the wine, and checked it for settling particles, then took a sip. “Yes,â€

"Yes." His eyes went flat "A pirate ship. I controlled the particle cannon that destroyed it, and all of the 30 people on board. Unfortunatly I had an open radio link with them and heard them die, slowly actualy. Wasn't the best day of my life." He looked up, "But it is something I should accept, I have killed, I will kill again if anyone attacks me. It's a fact of life."

“So you’ve never killed someone you’ve known then. What is your favorite thing to do?â€

"No, no-one I've known. Although I have researched everything I could about the identities of those pirates." His face lit up "My favourite thing to do? Well there are now too: simulating things, seeing how things would turn out if things where a little different, which is wonderful if you have capacity, which I do. My second is hanging around with you." Kip laughed.

"I can't really get out much, in all ways that matter I am the ship." Kip laughed "As for position, I don't know really, it never came up. The highest rank in NovaCorp is director, so I suppose I'm around there. They ask me for advice, and I decide what happens while there on me. My position depends on how much respect I give to the directors, for example in my eyes Ephesus was a higher rank than are Research director, and at my level. Our director isn't."

“So your not one with much respect for the chain of command, that is understandable. What do you think about the Yamatai government?â€

"Reasonable. Justice is relative of course, relative to who you are, what you do, and who you know, but all in all it's a good enough system. There's certain ineqaulities between planets, but then you'd have to expect this. According to my simulations, most other systems would lead to a much worse mess, and the ones that don't are highly unlikley to come arond." Kip looked thoughtful, "I do not make black and white judgments, that's too easy, I analyse and come up with theories and hyphothesis. I'm looking foward to making my first decision on an abstract matter someday."

"I have no direct preferance over men and women as freinds. My orientation is a case of choice, and if I decide I no longer want to find something irratable, I make it so. I do not have many freinds. I had a good relationship with Tanjo and Ephesus, but they're gone. I have some other's but not many. No women actualy, coincedence I assure you. My tastes in people is likewise variable, I can see the advantages and disadvantages of each personality, and embrace each fully. What I really like is a mysterious persona." He laughed "And combined with your intelligance, personality and beauty, that's what intrests me in you."

“Well then I’m going to have to keep you in the dark for as long as possible, after all a mystery is no fun when you know the end. Hmm… so what has Ephesus designed that has made him so popular with you and novacorp?â€

"Ephesus? Well he's the motivational force behind everything. He developed Xasers, Arachni Drones, Carbon-ring, Perfect-Iron, Perfect-diamond, several toxins that aren't on general relesase, the assistant androids, the veil, and of course the Destiny. And then there's the stuff that he designs but doesn't give to us. I think he keeps the best stuff for himself."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back