Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

OOC Fort Ready Discussion Thread

No you can't fly the older models could but the NH-29 lacks that ability. I don't know i guess it's up to Kai how this works out. Being the GM he has ultimate say over how this works out, unless the god that is Wes decides to step in.

well, technically she can fly, since she can manipulate gravity(even a yamataian can do it, with much greater limitation). So flying isn't really an issue.

Neko's still have the ability to fly, and their gravity control is WAY higher than that of a Yamataian.
the extent of a yamataian's control is shifting their own center of gravity and floating up to a few (like 5 or so) feet off the ground.

I'm pretty sure neko's can go much higher and they can definately go much faster at it. Also, the neko's are born being able to use this, whereas to a newly ST'd Yamataian, it is a new function, and they shouldn't be used to it quite yet.

Directly from the NH-29's special abilites section:

Inertia Controlling Ability: Ability to manipulate gravitational, electrostatic and magnetic forces to allow a Nekovalkyrja’s body to self-propel itself in zero to two gravities. They can hover around up to speeds of about seventy miles and hour in any direction.

Feline-like Agility: Nekovalkyrja possess staggering agility - acrobatics and gymnastics being second-nature to them. Their nimbleness and balance considerably exceeds that of humans.

Increased Strength: While not as fabulously strong as the other combat-dedicated Nekovalkyrja types, the average NH-29 still has an impressive strength for her size, her sleek muscles an able match to the brawns of a well-built human.

Enhanced Senses (Eyesight, Hearing): Nekovalkyrja eyesight is typically equal to that of a human, though the NH-29 can use it’s hemosynthesis to adapt it’s retina to perceive other visual spectrum such as infrared vision, ultra-violet vision and so on. The Nekovalkyrja’s distinctive ears are more than just fuzzy and cute : they are sensitive, can move to perceive sounds in three dimensions and even their small hairs can help gauge wind speed and humidity.

So not really 'fly-fly' but you get the idea. She's also pretty much impossible to blind and well... Yeah.

Really I'd never wanna mess with a Neko if they existed... XD

I don't think Kumiko is gunna like what Krasus is going to do to her, haha.
But anyways... Just a question: Are there any laws in the Yamataian Empire against religion?

just so you know, striker, your last post is autoing. i got busted for something really similar, just don't do it again. you could say he put his hands up to catch her foot and tried jumping backwards, and then the random number generator shall decide your fate.

we seem to be a pretty rough crowd....its a very good thing that we aren't officially in star army yet.....can you say 'trouble'? hehe, jk of course.

Long story short:
I have no internet at home. I can get on at college and at the public library. Of course college is Monday-Friday but I'm done with my quarter next week... Public library is limited to 2 hours a day.

So expect my posting ability to be strictly hampered.

Hey Kai you going to Gm me and Yuril's fight? just waiting to see if i get my ass kicked that's all. And if you think i'm going to edit my post now that i know Neko's can fly, you'r wrong, i'll just have to find out the hard way. :D

Actually, Yagen was doing you guys, at least he did the first move... dunno, i gotta go thread digging, i guess, see what happened first.

EDIT: Ouch, devonus. you rolled a 2 to Yuril's 17.

Yagen said:
Steal your neighbor's WiFi ftw!

That would work if I still had a computer... Too bad he told me to un-plug it and he went to put it in his storage shed. Meaning if I break in I've broken a number of laws @_@;

@Kai:
So close to a 20... ;P

Once Kai gets his nose in shape, it should be time for some time warp-age. So if you want to finish up a fight or a conversation, nows the time to do so.

Oh and Kai, Dice V2 Beta Image! Here I can give you a copy soon, I think I got most of the glitches out.

Edit: Batch characters of any number work as shown here in this Miharu simulation.

You do realize it still says 'role' instead of 'roll' don't you? that's a slightly unimportant thing that has been bugging me for a while. but yeah.. I'll post ICly now...

Aendri said:
Yagen, if I could receive a copy of that too, that would be extremely nice of you.

Either post or PM me your email and I can send it. It's only 48 kbs.

ironically Cipher, we already do know :). But I don't think she would have recieved her orders yet, so she wouldn't know anyway, although even if she did she couldn't say since the Miharu is classified. But like Noboru said, "You never know" :)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back