• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC Grün-Boot (Closed)

CadetNewb

Alright! Let's cut straight to the meat of this one.

I'm planning to have a quick and easy to join plot revolving around Nepleslian Space Marines. The plot would be straight, simple and to the point - right into the hard, Power Armor vs Power Armor action. It's main point is to provide a quick, fun time for veterans, and something easy to get the ropes of and learn within for newer players. For this plot, I'm going to have the events all revolve around a single "Incident" at the borders which is hushed up by all parties involved. Through this, the squad leader - a strong, tall, blond bombshell of a Valkyrie (No Neko! Just Plain Valkyrie!) - will be a constant presence guiding and fighting alongside the players through the hell that this fight becomes.

This gives us the excuse to more or less go out and have fun!

We'll start off easy with the NMX, but then move up from there into the tougher classic SMX before climaxing in a viscous three-way battle involving the SAoY itself. And if the reception is good, the players posting often and wanting more, I'll even throw in a special fourth encounter! Free!

TLDR:

• Power Armored Space Marines!
  • Quick and Easy Signup!
  • Blond Bombshell!
  • Nepleslians vs Squids vs Catgirls Finale!
  • Bonus 4th Enemy! (Should Excitement be Rabid Fangirl Levels)

Count me in, I shall make a char withing few days. How Simple char is okay for you? Something like we did in 1st SORT is enough for a writeup?

Just a suggestion, maybe start a conversation with all the new people in the introductions forum and ask them if they're interested. This could be a perfect start for some of them. Please include me too so I can see the responses.

Squishing squids? Wounding cat-girls who will become indebted to me for life? Where do I sign up?

Glad interest is starting to build - and yes ShotJon, we'll need something similar to what's used in the 1st SORT. Here, I'd like Name, Age, Gender, and a description of how they look. For this plot, your ranks will all be Private Third Class. Which brings us to another topic; I highly recommend to everyone that's joining the plot to make whatever character you have be a disposable one-off. Even if somebody decides not to though, that's fine. See, think of this as participating in a Prolog to a story where perhaps nobody lives - I'm pretty sure that's not going to be the case, but there's a reason for why I want you all to have this mentality.

I'd like the experience to be like starting a new game with a new character - like when you're only Level 1 in Skyrim and you see all these new sights for the first time. That's what I'm hoping for.

For now though, wait a bit before posting up a character - we need to see if there's enough people after all.

Wait, wait, wait. I thought we were supposed to be marines that kick down doors and takes names. If this is to be a grimdark plot where you one can expect to die any GM-post just so, then I am not really interested.

I'm sure I could write up a character for this. I'm not usually into the whole macho space marine thing but I can probably find something that works.

Reactions: Wes
No, no. That's not what I'm gunning for guys - I want you to assume, to go in with the attitude that, your character won't make it out, even though they will! It's a mindset. As for your characters themselves, any persona is alright, so long as it makes sense for the person to be there, having joined the Marines. Like in real life, people that join the military come from all walks of life - some may be in there to get cash to support a family, others for the action and adventure, and others may even be some guy with a Bachelor of Science but can't find a job.

This plot won't be 'grim-dark' but it won't be completely gun-ho either. It will however, have tastes of both, and plenty of in-between.

Well Johnny 'Redshirt' Expendable will still be making his appearance. I'm thinking a rich kid (Daddy is a slaver) trying to score political points by going marines, infantry badass.

Well, I've got my Profile and picture drawn so I'm all ready to go if this gets enough people to go ahead.

Well Johnny 'Redshirt' Expendable will still be making his appearance. I'm thinking a rich kid (Daddy is a slaver) trying to score political points by going marines, infantry badass.

Slavery is illegal in Nepleslia. He could be loan shark though or just a rich member of mafia or anything.

It's as ShotJon says - slavery is illegal in Nepleslia, but the slave trade still exists there. It's usually for the most old and/or powerful, with the most prized subjects being Nekovalkyrja that have been mentally broken and reconditioned.

Also, Nightender, since the plot is to serve as a quick hands on tutorial/sample of the Nepleslians, it takes place from the Nepleslians' point of view - they'll be fighting against the Star Army. This also means that everyone's going to be playing on the Nepleslian side of the field, though all sorts of things will happen in this quick little plot. If you're not aware already, it's perfectly ok to have different characters in different nations/factions - some people may prefer to just stick to one, but it's ok to hop into everything too.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…