• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

International Currency Exchange Update

FrostJaeger

Chief Parakeet
Banned Member
For Reviewers:
  • Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No.
  • Contains New Art? No.
  • Changelog: Link
  • Checklist Requested? Yes.

Same deal as before, except that this time I've set the Azorean Commonwealth's exchange rate to 1 KS:4 NA, as it makes the conversion ratios far more..."sane" and strengthens the value of the NA. I'd also like to request that the non-biased NTSE moderator who takes this submission refrain from reviewing it until after the aforementioned Faction Managers have given their approval.

Last edited:
I'll take the review.

However, as described, Faction Managers need to give their approval. I think a month's time is more than enough for that, in order to prevent rot.

I'm fine with it, as it doesn't modify any Nepleslian articles pricing marks. But I'd like to briefly mention I'd enjoy the idea of getting the issue of the Abwehran currency mended to not be a 3rd? The chart is very clear-cut except for theirs, which ends up always at an interval of a 3rd. @Syaoran and @Wes would be the ones to speak on getting that fixed, though, since the currency guides are based around Yamatai as the center-most reference point.

And I don't have a lot of time right now to discuss it, but I was also wondering if we could utilize this for more than just a simple conversion update and maybe tie some economic events into things to give life and help out the minor factions. SARP is focusing heavily on the old and could use some help to all these minor factions such as the Azoreans and Abwehran. They don't need to reboot and jumpstart into massive things (as it would harm things) but making them more interesting tools should be something we investigate with every opportunity like this. The more players want to interact with all the tools at their disposal, versus stick to a small amount, the better and easier it will be to continue our steady upgrading theme we've taken on for improving the factions and their article qualities alongside their RP potentials.

I'll need to think on this, are these exchanges rates taking into account precious metals that backup the currency?

Added a little to the "Freespacer resource vouchers" section on Jaeger's prompt. The currency is now unhackable, since that seems kinda important for them. Had to fix the outdated page in the link, too.

Has my thumbs up, anyhow.

If there are enough faction managers who OK their rates, those who don't can be removed for now and negotiate with the setting manager for their rate.

Still don't see the point of this update yet. But @Legix, the currency for Abwehrans has always been a little weird, but I figured it was just like that, and since I always calculate price in KS then convert, it hasn't really bothered me. But if people are bothered by it, I can move to have the currency change slightly for easier use.

I changed the Azorean's currency because in the current article its listed exchange rates of 4 KS:1 NA and 8 DA:1 NA contradict what's listed here.

When I wrote up this submission, however, I found something else: the Azorean currency doesn't have a uniform exchange rate - a 1 KS:4 NA ratio is equivalent to a 1 DA:2 NA ratio, while a 1 DA:8 NA ratio is equivalent to a 1 KS:16 NA ratio - thus I decided to go with the former exchange rate (instead of the latter, which is weaker) for simplicity's sake.

Last edited by a moderator:
HAHA THIS ONE I CAN REVIEW. BECAUSE ITS NOT AN ELYSIAN SUBMISSION.

EXCEPT...

Time to reping everyone who hasn't stamped their approval.

Yamatai Star Empire - @Wes
Azorean Commonwealth - @Yoshi
Abwerhan Star Empire - @Syaoran
Neshaten - @Kyle

Though it seems fine to me, it's more of a faction manager end thing than a thing I'd have to be concerned over.

I'm waiting for a reply about the abwehran currency. Cause if people think it might be easier to change it a little then now would be the time to do so.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back