• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

International Currency Exchange Update

FrostJaeger

Chief Parakeet
Banned Member
For Reviewers:
  • Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No.
  • Contains New Art? No.
  • Changelog: Link
  • Checklist Requested? Yes.

Same deal as before, except that this time I've set the Azorean Commonwealth's exchange rate to 1 KS:4 NA, as it makes the conversion ratios far more..."sane" and strengthens the value of the NA. I'd also like to request that the non-biased NTSE moderator who takes this submission refrain from reviewing it until after the aforementioned Faction Managers have given their approval.

Last edited:
Hmmm...

Just keep in mind that Neshaten currency is backed up by precious metals (gold, silver, etc), where-as the currency of a few of the other factions is not, which means that for the Neshaten that currency would have no value at all to them (which would mean that they would fetch nothing on the currency exchange)

Which is why in those cases, they'd go the barter system, accepting items or metals that are then examined and weighed for purity and then will use that to determine how much a person can get. For example: A pure platinum bar, which to the Neshaten would be something that is at least 80% platinum, would fetch close to 8,000 RN. On the other hand, if that same bar is only 10% Platinum (and 90% of other wasted, or non precious metals) then the citizen would get below 1000 RN. The reason for such a major decrease is because there isn't much worth in the metals, and the amount of time and energy needed to actually extract the useful metals would be more than it's really worth, but the bar still has some value to it so funds are still paid out.

Another example would be this: any currency that is purely digital, and not backed up by any kind of precious metals, would be deemed as worthless to the Neshaten. In these cases, they'd switch to the barter system, and ask for objects or bars made out of those metals.

However, I'm assuming that this exchange is based on free floating currency (which I only have a marginal understanding of). So for now, I will tentatively give this my approval. However, bare in mind that there is a stock exchange within the Neshies, so the currency of other faction's might be valued less than what is shown on this chart.

I’ve added the Arcmark to the article, and updated its rows and columns to reflect what’s been said thus far by Wes, Soresu, Legix, and myself (here, here, here, and here, respectively) in this thread. I’ve also added question marks to reflect instances where an official conversion rate hasn’t been decided upon yet.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back