• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission International Relations Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostJaeger

Chief Parakeet
Banned Member
  • Submission Type: Article Update
  • Submission URL: Linky
  • Original Article URL: Linky
  • Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? Nope.
  • Contains Links to Unapproved Articles? Nope.
  • Contains New Art? Nope.
  • Previously Submitted? Nope.
  • Changelog: Linky
  • Checklist Requested? Yes.
An exhaustive update to the current article that removes old factions, adds new ones, and - in my humble opinion - greatly enhanced readability, especially on mobile devices. The USO column was left blank because, well, it's been nearly two months without a reply from @Zack in this thread - despite being tagged three different times - thus leaving me nothing to go off of for his faction.

Seriously, @Zack - would you please complete the form listed here and post a reply in the aforementioned thread?

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
@Wes mind if I fix this up? Looks like the I'ee are a non-player faction (they have players/RP) and the Elysian sub faction is listed as a player faction (they don't have players/RP)

@Wes I moved Elysia back up to the "Player Faction Relations" section (due to the fact that it now has a plot) and moved the I'ee and the VSGCRotCP down to the "Non-Player Faction Relations" section, as to the best of my knowledge neither of them have an approved character creation guide.

Reactions: Wes
I have added the Valmet Self-Governing Region of the Colonial Pact back to player character factions, as they have more ongoing RP taking place than Elysia.

Reactions: Wes
Every other non player faction has more RP than Frost’s Elysian subfaction.

We’ve also established that Frost’s subfaction doesn’t have a CCG (there is one for Elysians as a species, but not for the Subfaction)

So if we are going strictly by the rules, The Elysian subfaction and the Pact need to be in non-player factions.

If we are going by which factions have RP going then the I’ee would be first in line to be a player faction.

I'ee do in fact have players(practically only me), as well are involved in many plots(UIFA, Diplomacy, and others), it is kind of rude to undo something someone just did. I do not exactly know the details on how to categorize them, but I agree with Zack.

To be a player faction you need two plots, A CCG and an active FM.

The Elysian subfaction doesn’t meet those requirements.

The only thing the I’ee are missing is a CCG really, they have a super active FM and are jointly playing/GMing in a bunch of plots.

The terms are a bit loose since we don’t always go exactly by what is written, but clearly the I’ee are next up for major faction status.

Could we just eliminate the distinction between the two on the chart since from an IC perspective there is no difference?

We should probably have the wiki page locked, since frost made edits to the page without approval before and will likely do it again.

Could we just eliminate the distinction between the two on the chart since from an IC perspective there is no difference?

I think he's got a point. IC, there's no difference. If you guys are going to be updating this article, get rid of that OOC divide and stop fighting with each other in another edit war.

I think he's got a point. IC, there's no difference. If you guys are going to be updating this article, get rid of that OOC divide and stop fighting with each other in another edit war.

There might not be an IC difference, but there is an OOC difference regarding the table itself - like the original, pre-update article (which existed for years without complaints or drama from those with NPC factions), player factions are represented horizontally and vertcally, while non-player factions are only represented vertically.

I honestly do not see how that makes any difference whatsoever. If we removed that it would not change a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back