• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

[ISC Enkidu] A Putrid Hub of Muck and Evilness

Re: A Putrid Hub of Muck and Evilness

Tuija stared quietly, her thoughts much the same as Specs'. Her eyes silently shifted between vision modes as she looked all up and down the length of the ship, and she made a mental list of adjustments that would need to be made.

'Ah, well then,' she said. 'Should I be starting work now?'

Myr's eye flicked to each of her crew's faces, falling further into an immense scowl with each one. "Bitches!" she squawked, throwing her hands up in the air. "All'a you, bitches, except th' feckin' redhead an' th' clipped-wing pigeon! She don't need any fixin', my baby's a fine piece'a work an' no mistake! Yer all ungrateful arses an' if I hear any word'a you fixin' anythin' I'm gonna give all'a you toilet duty all at once!" She tromped off towards the ship, then whirled around and hollered even louder than before, one index finger sticking out at the gathered people. "An' yes, she does have toilets!"

The irate woman tugged something from her coat pocket and smacked a button on it. With a loud whir followed by a thunk of metal on rock, the boarding ramp descended. At least it appeared that the lights inside the ship worked, as the cargo area around the entrance was illuminated - and already apparently filled with boxes.

Well no point standing around. Hehe it looks like Chrysanthe's captain will be pretty hot-blooded. And she also liked nicknames. Oh god pigeon. Where did that come from? Does she look like stupid, fat bird? No she doesn't! Stupid captain.

Chrys didn't let her irritation show on her face and she walked ship. She was curious if she looks like this inside too.

"Ah never sayed nothin' about yer ship bein' a piece'a junk, Cap," Louis grunted as the trudged up the loading ramp and into the ship's bowels. He looked around at the various boxes stacked in the cargo hold and nodded appreciatively. Definitely one of those old merchant scows.

"As a matter a'fact," The assassin continued, "ah actually rather like th' old beastie." He patted a gloved hand against the metal interior wall. "Nice an' sturdy construction. Origin built, so none o' that shitty fuckin' Geshrinari Shipyard, panty-on linked, glowy blue Nekovalkyrja-compatible bollocks. So close ta bein' a homemade Delsaurian body, all it needs is a layer a' red dust over the air intakes an' ye're gold."

Shiori watched Myr's outburst with disinterest, using the standing time as a chance to pull out her flask and take another drink of ever-vital coffee. No matter what the captain might say, she could see that it could use some major work... and she was going to have to be involved with it. If the captain kept this sort of attitude up, she was going to be measuring the time until a mutiny in days. If not hours.

When the ramp lowered, the geshrin advanced to take a look inside the ship, ruefully noting that she didn't have to duck to do so like some of the others probably would.

Though the Courier 2A was a large model, there wasn't much living space - one entire deck was taken up by the cargo hold, of course, and the top deck contained the important ship-running bits. The crew quarters were sandwiched in between, with twelve rooms and one captain's suite. The ramp, though, opened on the cargo bay - twenty meters high, the ceiling yawning above the crew. On closer inspection, the only boxes that were actually there were clustered around the ramp. Each of them had a large stamp reading "SEALED FOR FRESHNESS" emblazoned upon it, and indeed none of them seemed to have been opened yet.

"'ere's th' cargo bay," Myr muttered, flinging one hand out in a gesture. "All this shite's food was already in 'ere when I st - bought 'er. Enough'a it that we won't need to buy nothin' for a while, an' we might be able ta sell it fer some extra cash if we're really feckin' strapped. WHICH WE MIGHT BE, if'n all'a ye keep bitchin' about re-no-vation! ...anyway." She leaned against the nearest box and crossed her arms over her chest, looking over the assembled crew. "We got a li'l innerduction in th' pub, but..." The woman gestured vaguely with a hand. "I wanna know more. An' y'need t' talk amongst yerselves anyway. So get to it."

Chrys smirked and leaned onto something. She wasn't known as shy person so she can start anyway.

"Okay skipper. Let me start," she said and put on a serious face. "Hi I am Chrysanthe Chronis and I am an alcoholic." Chrys attempted with a little joke. Well this looked liek a group sesion a little. Well if except it wasn't exactly a large group and they were in a cargo hold. She put on a smiel again. "Okay that was a little joke. Anyways. What shoudl I say. I know how to punch, I know how to shoot and I make killer pancakes. It is the combination of skills I found quite useful. Also I am quite curious about space and other stuff and I don't minda getting my hand dirty while doing it. Oh and one thing. Don't call me pigeon. I really don't like."

"If you don't want it changed Captain, then it won't be fix-er changed! Simple as that," Specs told Myr. "I was just thinking of the possible ways to make it even better." No, she wasn't lying, technically. Just not giving the whole truth with that last statement. Seeing what appeared to be a rundown ship, the only way to deal with it, scrapping it aside, would be to fix it up and make it better. Besides that, as a Freespacer, it's practically in her genes to listen to the Captain.

Specs took her turn to introduce herself. "I am Gearhead 13-3685-7746. One-three or Thirteen is fine though." Simple enough introduction.

Shiori looked on as the others introduced themselves, apparently not that interested. "Shiori Ozawa," she added when Specs finished with her own introduction, stressing her name a little, since it was given in the reverse of the usual order for a Yamataian name. "Sabotage and repairs."

'Tuija Seppanen, aerospace engineer, and I want to fix it,' Tuija said, crossing all four arms over her chest. 'If it is so much of a sticking point, I will refrain from repairing too much, but I do not wish to hear any complaints when the compression feed gets wedged and the thrusters can't be stopped, which it will.'

"Louis MacEmbrey, an' I don' give a damn if'n the deck plates fall right ou' from under m' feet." Louis grunted. He looked about the room, shrugging impassively once in a while. His eyes settled on che crew members one by one, as if analyzing them. 'They sure don't look like much, most of 'em,' The assassin thought to himself, 'but then again neither do I.'

Myr reached into her coat and withdrew a cigar, biting the tip off and spitting it on the ground, then lighting the stogie with a small plasma torch she took from a different pocket. She let it hang from her mouth as she puffed sullenly.

"Well, if y'all really wanna fix shite, then do it, but I sure don't wanna hear 'bout it." She grunted, sending a plume of smoke out her nose. "...we sure got a lotta engineers. Seppanen, Shiori, Thirteen. An' two muscle... at least I'm assumin' you're muscle, Mac. Y'sure look like it." The redheaded woman grinned, removing her cigar to tap some ashes onto the deck floor and adjust her position. "So are we gonna have too many cooks spoilin' th' spaceship, or somethin'?"

"If'n ya dinnae mind eatin' burnt food for the first few weeks," Macembrey grunted, "I figure I can fill in for the cook. For a spell."

He wasn't looking forward to shipboard cooking, though. His attempts aboard the Musty Scum were sub-par on good days and scraped off the side of the hull horrible at worst. He remembered hearing Chrys mention pancakes and sighed in relief. At least she could cook.

"If anyone needs me right away, I'll be in m' bunk, settin' meself up for this little adventure." And with that, he was gone. The assassin's light steps carried him off quietly across the cargo bay, heading for the bunks. Or what he assumed was the way to the bunks.

"Captain, I can fill in for a cook if you wish. I've had some experience with cooking," Specs replied rather perkily upon hearing that she, as well as the other engineers, had permission to make the ship better. What could be the first thing to fix? What needed it the most? Which component would benefit the most? She'd need to see the inside of the ship first before she'd be able to decide.

"Oh, I can also help on the bridge since, you know, Freespacers have to know this stuff."

Myr rolled her eye and pressed her hand to her face a moment, the cigar sticking in between her fingers.

"It's a metaphor, y'dumb fecks," she growled. "It means are all th' repairs from dif'rent people gonna end up makin' it worse?"

"I'm better at breaking things than fixing them. If other people want to do that part, be my guest." Shiori buried her hands in her pockets again and leaned against the wall. "But the more mechanics, the better. Even if this thing holds together, you'll be wanting all you can get the first time we get a hull breach or a shot goes straight through a vital system."

"Don't worry I will take care of cooking," said wingless Elysian and smiled again. "I have to say for myself, that I can cook pretty good." She added.

Louis' path was, indeed, the way to the bunks, though he had to take the elevator up a floor first - which was a journey all in itself, as the elevator stopped and started at random as it was moving, occasionally making noises like it was about to plunge through the bottom of the ship. Still, it got him where he wanted to go, and when the door shuddered open he was treated to the sight of a narrow, flickering hallway with seven doors on one side, small, narrow windows with a view out on the other, and far down the hall, another elevator with a hall on the other side.

"Okay, peacock, you cook," Myr grunted. "An' I figger all o' ya can take care of a couple damn shots to the ship, am I right?"

'If it will ease your mind,' Tuija said, gesturing with two of her hands for emphases, 'I'll stay away from the stoves. But yes, repairing a few shots should be easy enough. That's all standardised, and the maintenence that needs doing would also be right out of the manual.' She paused for just a second before ploughing on ahead, desperate to push out of her head the idea that there might not be a manual.

'Any fixing of things, well...' She nodded over to the 'Spacer. 'I'm sure we can collaborate.'

Okay peacock will do. Even if Chrys considered those birds damn guly and noisy. Better then pigeon. Peacocks are at least wingless and it makes it even better.

CHrys leaned against a wall and put het hands behind her head in casual way. "Well skipper what bussiness are we in again?" she asked with her eyebrows high above her eyes.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back