• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Kyle's 3D Art

Welcome! :D

I figured I might as well make a thread since I do quite a bit of 3D Modeling, some of it can be found on my deviant arts page, but most of it you won't find.

The reason being is because a large portion of my work is unfinished. Either I lost the motivation (which happens quite often thanks to an ungreatful friend of mine, who enjoys taunting about him being better... (strangles friend) :evil: ) or I can't figure out how to improve the model.

I have here listed a few of the completed models, and some that are completed. Now, if at some point in the future can these models be used on this site? Well, that's completely up to the GMs and admin, they are not very textured and most have matte-black hull styles.

The reason being is that small details I still have issues with; it's not easy putting in every nook and cranny on a ship - and to compound the issue is the performance hit that sometimes comes with those minor details with the program I use.

Ahh! But enough ranting! (Gomenasai! >.<)

NOTE: I am still very much an amateur as this stuff, I do 3D modeling as a hobby and only when I have the free-time:

SSF-Trident

Dual 20 MM Vulcan Gun

Artemis Beam Platform, with assaulting weapons.

Sure thing, took this render yesterday, do note that there are a lot of issues with this - including meshes turning black (which shouldn't be happening at all and I'm looking into what is causing it, since its been doing that since I changed to this version of Blender)

Bigger View

Now that I've fixed the previous problem, I'll be able to get back to work on it and give the Yamashuto's colony bridge the look I was attempting to describe in the description.

Anywho, onward to another project I was working on before that; the SkyDock. Since I'm waiting for the Shukaran and My'leke to be approved, I decided to go and work on a few models for their related technology.

This is the SkyDock:

SkyDock Full View

Runway View (older pic)

Runway View

Part of my project to model the Neshaten Capital (a very large undertaking that'll probably take a few years :shock: )

Anywho, the picture here is part of the Neshaten company known as Shukara Armaments and Manufacturing. This is an area located 'beneath' the company, in a complex known as 'Dungeon', an area where ships (up to 300 meters long, and 170 meters wide) are stored after being built. But, it's also a place where some of the Kingdom's military ships will be docked at for repairs or just to moor themselves temporarily.

The image below is just a tiny part of the underground complex.

Dungeon Hanger Complex

Star Dancer Heavy Fighter being made for the Neshaten. It's weapon is mostly all plasma based, it'll have two rotating cannons on the wings to allow it to hit targets that are around it, the cannons themselves I have yet to single out what the weapon will be (I'm leaning toward an early version of either a beam cannon or something equiv to it)

The rear section of the fighter can spin around, giving the pilot more ability to prevent himself from being shot down but the issue is that this fighter is not for newbies, it is one meant for ace pilots. Thus the number of that would actually would be quite low compared to the other fighters currently available.

Star Dancer Flat
Star Dancer Vertical
Star Dancer Horizontal

awww.starfleetplatoon.com__suisfonia_Tempfiles_Neshaten_Nesha_20ChairTiny.png

Full screen image here: Nesha Chair

This is the kind of chair you'll find used on starships, such as the bridge and engineering and a few other areas.

BionicSamurai said:
Looks easier on tails. ^_^
I don't see how. It has a bar where the tail would be.

The chairs themselves are designed specifically for whomever is going to use them. And actually, there is no bar where the hole is, it might just look that way due to the angle of the render.

My'leke use a different type of chair, this one is incompatible with them. Thus, it is only usable by Shukaren.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back