Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Kyle's 3D Art

Welcome! :D

I figured I might as well make a thread since I do quite a bit of 3D Modeling, some of it can be found on my deviant arts page, but most of it you won't find.

The reason being is because a large portion of my work is unfinished. Either I lost the motivation (which happens quite often thanks to an ungreatful friend of mine, who enjoys taunting about him being better... (strangles friend) :evil: ) or I can't figure out how to improve the model.

I have here listed a few of the completed models, and some that are completed. Now, if at some point in the future can these models be used on this site? Well, that's completely up to the GMs and admin, they are not very textured and most have matte-black hull styles.

The reason being is that small details I still have issues with; it's not easy putting in every nook and cranny on a ship - and to compound the issue is the performance hit that sometimes comes with those minor details with the program I use.

Ahh! But enough ranting! (Gomenasai! >.<)

NOTE: I am still very much an amateur as this stuff, I do 3D modeling as a hobby and only when I have the free-time:

SSF-Trident

Dual 20 MM Vulcan Gun

Artemis Beam Platform, with assaulting weapons.

If there's one thing that I really do not like, its when I get an idea on how to improve a previous project and suddenly I am no longer able to work on the projects I had before until I get the original done D:

Thus, while working on a piece of work for another artist, I was experimenting with some of Blenders features; still doing it to but after some work I came up with this:

awww.starfleetplatoon.com__suisfonia_Tempfiles_Neshaten_Crystal_20WIP.webp

That is correct =)

Still a work in progress, hope to get another image up shortly that shows a field of them. Later on, I'll work on a cave scene that has them as well.

Huh, just noticed that my post showing the field of Lunabaren isn't here ;-; I'll have to repost that once I can find the render again in my respository x_x

Anyway, here's another: awww.starfleetplatoon.com__suisfonia_Tempfiles_Neshaten_T12HeavyWIP2.webp

This is a new Neshaten starfighter, known as the T-12 Heavy. Others here have seen the WIP's and probably already notice some of the additions :)

heh, ya, I fixed that later on; will get up a render on that one in a few days :)

Anywho, here's some more for people to nibble on. Did all four of these models in only two days.

awww.starfleetplatoon.com__suisfonia_Tempfiles_Neshaten_Weapon_20Pods.webp

These will be going on a kind of 'little bird' that I am developing for the Neshies; weapon pods that can be mounted on it although later on they'll also be mountable on regular starfighters. And yes, while I am aware that they look more terrain and not so much sci-fi, they are more than capable of being used in space. The plasma gattling cannon is a real beasty :-3

RPG-D RPGfix
Back