• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC LSDF Val'ta - To Boldly Go...!

@Amaryllis lol, actually I meant UOC-related shenanigans perhaps. but I'm always planning something. :)

Btw, quick question on equipment: in the Akahar plotline Aran'ya used a WIND suit. Judging by Porrim using crampons, I guess we aren't going in heavily armored, so would she be using something like the standard issue M37 getup, or even just balaclava and stonethread poncho? Not sure what is standard for a cold mission.

Wind alone is pretty light yes. But from my understanding we're in a situation where hostility is not expected (ICly that is) but we are also to be ready for it.

Btw, quick question on equipment: in the Akahar plotline Aran'ya used a WIND suit. Judging by Porrim using crampons, I guess we aren't going in heavily armored, so would she be using something like the standard issue M37 getup, or even just balaclava and stonethread poncho? Not sure what is standard for a cold mission.
Well to quote #ISCPhoenixII chat:
<Kirkphone> So, just to be sure
<Kirkphone> PA or unarmored?
<Luca> Either or.
<Kirkphone> Kay
<Luca> We have Frames looking over us
<Luca> and - consider the following
<Luca> we have three frames looking over us
<Luca> and the 'NMX Forces' have been cut off for nearly four years
<Eistheid> Just a note: Whirlwinds are Mecha, not Frames.
<Luca> words :V
<Eistheid> https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=lorath:mecha:lo-amx_winter_series:amx-102#stats
<Eistheid> https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=lorath:mecha:whirlwind#statistical_information
<Eistheid> Compare the height.
<Luca> either way - we have strong people looking over us
<Luca> (literally, in My'ean's case)
<Eistheid> Yes
<Luca> and for those wondering
<Luca> we're not on the ground just yet
<Luca> I just made a segue to show what it looks like on Tange

<Luca> I'm trying to find a list of firearms
<Luca> https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=lorath:weapons:deshe_vo_plasma_rifle
<Luca> Menelik will probably be using one of these
<Kirkatan> I figured he'd be using the HPAR, since its standard on the Hostile. But okay if that's what you say
<Luca> Oh he's in a Hostile?
<Luca> Ah, nix what I said then
Luca hasn't said my character's poncho and balaclava are unreasonable yet and he did emphasize we can go without armor and use regular/personal weapons.

I'm just going without armor as I didn't see any Lorath armor with art. Also, he didn't say the weather was extreme cold, just winter so I imagine you don't need much.

Don't you want Aran'ya to be cool like Akemi and go with the bare essentials? They can always cuddle or crawl inside a Mishhu corpse to keep warm.;)

Last edited:
The WIND and GUST suit is a light suit meant for personnel-scale operations, generally given as an intermediary between full-scale power armour and crew wear. They're intended for people who'll be operating vehicles, or doing things which require mobility and a small energy signature rather than the bigger one a power armour boasts. We're primarily using those because they work and they're quite Lorath. Quite robust too - the GUST has rollerskates!

Also. Make sure you do have something warm to wear. Akemi could wear a WIND so they're not walking around in fatigues/uniform alone.

The WIND and GUST suit is a light suit meant for personnel-scale operations, generally given as an intermediary between full-scale power armour and crew wear. They're intended for people who'll be operating vehicles, or doing things which require mobility and a small energy signature rather than the bigger one a power armour boasts. We're primarily using those because they work and they're quite Lorath. Quite robust too - the GUST has rollerskates!

Also. Make sure you do have something warm to wear. Akemi could wear a WIND so they're not walking around in fatigues/uniform alone.
Should I put Ny'za in a WIND instead of her battle dress then?

Hey I need them to power the heat in the suit! Aran'ya doesn't like the cold, hehe.

Also, perhaps a bit of Akemi fanservice. ;)

Just a question @Luca , wouldn't there be few Tenshi's on the ship? I mean it is an old PA, but it has art and it is better than going naked and Lorath inherited them from UOC. Just curious.

fetch.php

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xud247n78jkth08/AAAQipBUX73B2DJUgNWmQkWia?dl=0

I've been building a little tool in my spare time for myself to get ideas for Val'ta places. Eloquently, I call it the LSDF Val'ta Expedition Generator. Just take the two files, put them in the same directory, and open the HTML file and use the form.

For those more technically inclined, you can view the console.log(); operations and see how it works, or read the code.js file.

Current Features
  • Adjustable Rainfall and Temperature, able to generate 25 available biomes
  • 28 'modifiers', ranging from safe places such as Healing, Tiny, and Edible; to interesting like Misty, Silent, and Massive; or dangerous places such as Toxic, Hellish, and Tentacles.
Upcoming Features
  • Infrastructure!
  • If Infrastructure, who is it?
  • Hazards!

Wow that's awesome. @Luca! Really a great idea generator since we are all about exploring here.

Incidentally, since Aran'ya is a biochemist, I was hoping to explore with an eye on useful organic substances. She is a toxins to medicines kind of gal.

I'm keeping tabs on the goings on, but I don't have much to contribute so don't worry about me being left behind.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back