• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: SSS Journeymen 3 [Mission 1.0] Baptism of Fire and Ice

Alice battled the computer a little. Her thing was more of working with security programs and what not. Not setting scanners, radars and other things. It took her some time, but she then managed to set the radar into weather mode.

When they finally got to their destination, Alice could see some destruction. "Oh..." she said first. Especially after seeing the control center under all that rubble. "Make that call quick, I am sure we need to get there fast. Those people inside are in big danger, I am sure structure of that building is in bad shape."

"On it," said Sakura as she grabbed a headset and put it on and started to send out a signal in an attempt to locate anyone at the base, her ears paying very close attention to anything that passed through her headset speakers.

Across Sakura's speakers came a female voice, "Hello... this is Helena Hawken.... there are eight of us in the lab module. Three of them were injured including the expedition doctor. The modules structure has been damaged and water is getting in. There is four feet of water inside.

We also have several members who were at the dig site. We can't reach them because they are inside the wreck. But its lower in the valley than we are so the entrance is probably underwater."

Sakura nodded as she listened. "Raquel, there is someone named Helena Hawken who has reported that they have eight members in a lab module but three of them are injured including their doctor and they are also having water leaking in. However, she's also telling me that some of their members were at the dig site..."

Kenshin shook his head, "That does not sound good. So we have a CRDM that has been structurally compromised, flooding. So we need to get them out. What is that...." he called out as on the screen a large Ursine creature heaved itself up onto the top of the CRDM from the rubble.

Alice looked at the large bear-like creature and smirked. "I guess that would be that ursine beast that was not supposed to be here. I am afraid we will have to scare it off somehow.... or you know, shoot it." She said, not sounding very happy about the fact.

"Anyway," she said and turned to Chikai. "I think we should go and get miss Hawken and her friends out first. We have the room for them in Spark. I also want to have a look on those three injured people and make sure they are fine."

"We have to be careful if we are going to scare that thing off. We may make it angry and have it charge us or something but I agree that we need to scare it off." Kage said. "If push comes to shove though my crewmates and the ones that we are trying to rescue are priority one. I am not going to let anything hurt those people if I can help it."

"That thing looks a bit freaky," said Sakura a bit nervously. "How are we to scare it off?" she asked the others there while still listening in on the radio for any other updates from the science team.

Kenshin surveyed the situation.

"I have to agree with you Kage, our people are more important that this creature. Try to see if you can scare if off by firing a shotgun from the air lock. If that does not work, use your discretion, the CRDM can probably resist any weapon we have.

Raquel bring us in to 10 meters from the CRDM and hold position. Once Kage has dealt with the animal, we will need you to move over the module and we will lower down folks with rope.

Alice, you and Sakura are responsible for medical. I will let you decide what the two of you need to get ready."

Yoshiro got his shotgun out of his armory and loaded it up. He was already wearing his armor and so he was ready for wahtever had to be done. "Good to go!" He said and brought his Sniper rifle and ammo for it as well.

Raquel brought the Spark into position as Kenshin had requested. Once there she programmed it to hold position.

The creature below was apparently not intimidated by the sight of the Transporter looming above it. It would try reaching into the opening of the damaged CRDM, then it would seem to roar a challenge towards the Spark.

"Y-yes ma'am," Sakura said nervously and looked at Raquel for a moment and then looked at Alice for guidance as she wasn't entirely certain what to do right now other than to get out of her chair and head into the back to look at what medicla supplies they had with them.

Alice noded and stood up walking out of the cockpit into the back. "Come with me Sakura," she said as she left for the storage opening it. It contained two Emrys First aid kits and one Emrys Medical Kit. Alice rubbed hre chin looking that the stuff she was provided with.

"I better take the whole thing with me," She said and took the medical kit out. She then handed the first aid kit to Sakura. "Okay we are going to take these. I might have to treat someone inside, so the medical kit will be needed. We will take the first aid kit too just in case. Anyway go take your Emrys Environ suit, we will most likely get to go underwater. Oh and get your gun." Alice simply stated to the girl.

Kenshin offered Kage the end of one rope, "Tie this around you and I will hold you secure so that you can lean out if necessary without fear of falling."

------------------------

Satoshi came over to Alice. "Madam, may I be of assistance. I can carry the kits for you if you wish? I do not need to worry about the water or the temp as my construction is sufficient to protect my operation from them."

Alice looked at Satoshi and stroke her chin few times. It was good to hear, that the android was so universal and useful. Though she reminded to think about him as a tool. Even artificial intelligence is still intelligence. This man was technically alive.

"Hmm," Alice thought before replying. "I though you might watch the ship, but I guess that would be kinda useless. Okay come with us. Better equip yourself thought, there should be some handgun around for you just in case. Oh and I will count on you with the medical kit. I'll need help with any wounded later on anyway."

"Right away ma'am." the Android replied and went to the locker, he surveyed the available weapons. He selected the Type 33 NSP as a viable selection, he was not really comfortable with gun play, but was confident that he could handle if necessary.

He considered the situation, people in nearly ice cold water. That meant possible hypothermia. He went back to the cabins and removed the blankets from the beds, he then came to the front compartment, stacked them along with the ones from the wall bunks.

He returned to Alice and picked up the Medical kit for her. "Ma'am I calculated that there is a good chance that in addition to the physical injuries that the persons in the CRDM could be in varying stages of hypothermia. For that reason I gathered all the blankets on board to wrap them in when we bring them on board."

Alice smiled at Satoshi, while she opened medical kit to see if everything needed was there. She then gathered the space-suit that they will use for diving and started getting in. "Good idea Satoshi, bring out few spare uniforms too. Feel free to go through my stuff too. Those people will need to get in dry clothing." she said and then shouted towards the cocpkit. "Hey Chikai, raise the internal temperature of the ship. Those people we will bring here will be colder than Icicles. We'll need to get them warm fast, once they will be on board".

Satoshi checked the supplies that had been loaded. Checking the inventory he opened the second crate. He then started stacking spare uniforms on the sofa in the rear module. He then returned to the forward section.

"Ma'am, I did not have to raid the crew's quarters. There were replacement uniforms in the supplies that we were bringing." He informed Alice.

----------------------------------

Chikai made a quick adjustment to the life support controls raising the internal temp by fifteen degrees. He then approached Kage, "Ready to try to scare this beastie off?"

Alice noded and stood up walking out of the cockpit into the back. "Come with me Sakura," she said as she left for the storage opening it. It contained two Emrys First aid kits and one Emrys Medical Kit. Alice rubbed hre chin looking that the stuff she was provided with.

"I better take the whole thing with me," She said and took the medical kit out. She then handed the first aid kit to Sakura. "Okay we are going to take these. I might have to treat someone inside, so the medical kit will be needed. We will take the first aid kit too just in case. Anyway go take your Emrys Environ suit, we will most likely get to go underwater. Oh and get your gun." Alice simply stated to the girl.

Sakura blinked when she heard her say 'gun' and looked away from the girl. "G-gun?" she asked nervously while picking out the medical kit and looking it over. "Must I carry a gun?" she asked though not really as a question but more to herself and let out a sigh before going over to get her Environ Suit.

Alice looked the question and put her hand on her shoulders to calm her down. Giving Satoshi only a nod, her attention went back to the young girl. She smiled and looked Sakura in the eyes. Poor girl probably did not have much experience with weapons. She was no warrior and she was not paranoid like Alice was. It seemed idea of having a weapon even scared her.

"Just take a NSP." Alice replied with soft voice. "Set it on stun, it will be enough to scare off the bear and you won't risking harming anyone. Don't worry, you will most likely don't even have to take it out of your holster."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back