• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: SSS Journeymen 3 [Mission 1.0] Baptism of Fire and Ice

"Ready as I will ever be." He said as he racked the slide on his shotgun. He wanted to be sure that the thing that he was going to do went of without a hitch.

Chikai opened the outer airlock door, and made sure that the line to Kage was secure. A strong cold wind blew across Kage's face buffeting his clothes. The some of the wind blew into the forward section of the Spark causing loose items to flap about without harm.

Meanwhile on top of the CRDM the first ursine was busy trying to reach something inside the damaged module. Kage could see a second one swimming towards the CRDM.

Sakura nodded slowly, it was obvious that she didn't like guns, but she also didn't like taking the life of something that hadn't threatened her. She did, however, do as Alice advised and set her pistol to stun.

"S-so... w-what n-n-now?" she asked nervously.

Alice looked at Kagura and smiled. "Now we wait for Kage to scare of them beasties. No worries." She said and put her hand on Sakura's shoulder. The girl was scared and other were too busy to calm her down so it was on Alice. "Don't worry Sakura, everything will be fine. We will go in, find those people and rescue them!" Those were supposed to be her encouraging words.

Sliding down to the ground carefully he aimed the shotgun in front of the ursine creature and fired two shots at the area in front of the creature. He then fired twice more at the one reaching inside the CRDM. I hope that did the trick. Those things are probably pretty nasty things so I am going to have to reload and be prepared for anythin. he thought to himself and put 4 more rounds into his shotgun.

At the sound of the first shot both creatures reacted to the noise. The Ursine that was not reaching into the CRDM, with the shot ricocheting off the the CRDM decided to look elsewhere for prey. It ran down the CRDM, and scrambled over the debris that have fall and damaged the module. It vanished once it cleared the detritus.

The one reaching into the CRDM was not so easily frightened. It turned towards Kage and sniffed the air. Then without further warning it charged towards Kage roaring, putting on a burst of speed that one would not expect for a creature of its mass. It closed rapidly upon the teams security person.

"Oh crap!" Kage shouted as the Ursine charged at him. He regained his focus and aimed the shotugun at the Ursine's head and pulled the trigger and racked the slide and fired again. He hoped that he had hit the thing and killed it, though he didn't want to, but as he said before the life of his crew and friends came first.

Kage's shots resulted in blood and fur being torn from the creature. Even thought it his shots killed it with the second one, 500 pounds of animal moving at high speed keeps moving forward. The creature slammed into Kage knocking him down as the carcass plowed into him. From his position on the ground next to it, he could see the animal was clearing dying and would not be a threat to anyone again.

Kage was surprised when the body of the dead ursine hit him. He was now stuck under five hundred pounds of nasty and he didn't like it at all. "Geez. And I thought they smelled bad on the outside." He said. "Could you guys get down and help me get this thing off of me!?"

Kenshin did a quick survey of the area. Then he rappelled down the rope to Kage. "Alice, Sakura come on down and go check with the folks in the CRDM. Once I get Kage out from under this animal, I'll see about cutting a hole in the side to evac them out through." he called up towards the others.

He walked around the creature trying to decide the best way to deal with it. Finding a point that he could get enough leverage he started heaving, it took him several tries before he had the carcass off of Kage. "You okay Kage? That was some quick shooting."

Sakura nervously noddeed and repelled down to the ground, she looked around to see if there was anything frightening and then looked up to see where Alice was before she started to creep toward the CRDM.

"Getting eaten and failing my teammates was not high on my agenda. Besides I said before that if it came down to it I was going to protect me and my teammates first." Kage said as he wiped some bits of flesh and brain that he had splattered on himself. Kage resolved to himself to take a long shower after he returned from his first mission. "I scared off the other one but be careful when you come down Alice. I don't feel as if the danger from those creatures has passed just yet. I'll keep a lookout while we get inside. When we get inside I'll make sure that we are secure before we get the people out."

Alice was finishing suiting up, when the shot came. Hearing over the radio, that Kage was okay, she let out a sigh of relief. She quickly finished strapping into her Emrys suit. She than grabbed her Xaser rifle and put extra battery on her belt. She actually took NSP as sidearm this time though. With that she went down the rope.

"Come with us Satoshi!" She radioed to the android as she grabbed her rifle and walked by the dead ursine. Hopefully the other one ran off for good, but should it show up Alice will shoot it. No reason to risk anything for just an animal. She got through too much to risk her life to safe some dumb animal.

"Let's go Sakura," Alice said and moved for the entrace with raised rifle.

"Right behind you ma'am." Satoshi said hefting the emergency medical supplies followed her to the open airlock. "Watch that first step ma'am." he replied when she looked out.

-------------------

"Never doubted you would have our backs." Kenshin clapping Kage on the shoulder. He walked over to the end of the CRDM, the damage to the unit warped the structure jamming the end door. "I should be able to get this door open in about ten minutes." he said as he ignited the plasma torch and started cutting.

"I'll go first, and thanks Satoshi, I will careful." Alice said with a smile and moved into the airlock. She held her rifle down at 45° angle to make sure she won't shoot anyone by accident and to be able to lift it and be ready to fire fast. Just like that Alice entered the CRDM. "Darn I wish this rifle had more stopping power."

Sakura gave a light nod of the head and cautiously followed Alice through the airlock, she didn't really have her pistol up but more downward with the barrel at an angle. Wonder where everyone is...

The side door to the CRDM was buried under tons of rock and ice. Kenshin was busy cutting the end door to give them easy access. If Alice wanted to check on the scientists she would need to climb up onto the Module and look in the opening that the ursine was trying reach the people inside through.

The blue white glare of Kenshin's plasma torch was slicing through the hatch nicely. He would easily be done in the time he estimated.

Alice frowned and moved back, climbing on top of the CRDM. She carefully walked on top of it towards the opening bear was trying to reach. She also took into count that the seconds bear-thing may yet return and try to eat her. Her weapon was ready though.

Chikai cut for another moment, then turned of the torch. He started pulling on the damaged door, and after a few minutes he had the upper half of the door removed. With the upper door removed, the lower door was able to retract on its own.

Satoshi stood behind Alice, prepared to catch if necessary given that all the surfaces were wet and in someplaces encrusted with melting ice.

"Alice, I have the door is open. You and Sakura go on in, send out any one who is ambulatory and Kage and I can get them lifted up to the Spark."

"Let'S go then," Alice said, sliding back down and making her way to Chikai. "Be careful that other kuma might still be around." She told him before walking inside her weapon ready. "Hello?!?" She shouted inside looking for any response.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back