Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: Yome Ismâopate [Mission 1.1] Whom fortune favors - Recon

Murr clicked twice in acknowledgement as she ran her own scans on emmisions, using the different wavelength to see if they matched up to the knowns ones as fire radiated heat, body radiated heat of the known species.

She looked at the list of alphanumeric codes she had, but none matched she wanted to inform Keyal. It had to be fire that was making the radiated emission of the heat source. She glance her watch checking the time and looking at the position of the sun of this planet to determine the time.

She checked around her and the vegetation around the buildings to see if they was arranged by sentient beings as in garden or fields of grain, or an orchard .

She quickly typed a message and sent it to Keyal.

:: Permission to stop and get a breather. Let Memi out of the Stako and see if he can commune with the plants. Or let me. To determine if these sentient beings are primitive hunter-farmers. Heat emmision source is, I believe is fire. Also the sentient beings here are gathered to eat also. Let them have their last meal if they are hostile. Knowledge is power. Oh Wise Hunt and Pack Leader, Keyal. Murr.::

Last edited:
La'tâ paused a moment at hearing Keyul's reply and then thought about it. It could have been just animals coming and going or it could've been something else and that is what bothered her. So she turned on her comm "Keyul-sar, what if their transmissions are of a weaker variety, and the residual emissions dissipate faster? Maybe someone should keep a wide spectrum scan running to see if they can pick up any activity while we explore?" While she said that she focused her geological scanner on the area ahead, she was checking if there were any foot trails developing from things passing through and if it seemed organized or random.

Installation

Keyul brought his Stako to a halt, and opened the channel to his companions. "Are either of you proficient in Vit'taka? If so feel free to get out of your Stako and see what you can pickup. I will stand watch. We need more information, if we are dealing with just animals we do not need to kill them. If there are hostiles, the sooner we know we can plan accordingly." he said.

Keyul then brought up his Rotygo Acco Stako and surveyed the structures ahead.

Murr smiledat the command of Keyal. She tapped in a quick message to Memi. :: Can you Vit'Taka (talk to plants). Here is a chance for you get out of your Stako for a breather. Brother Pack Member, Memi. Murr ::
She sent it to Memi's Stako to let him know what was going on. She lean back the Stako so it sat on it's haunch. She undid her straps and opened the access hatch.

Oh it felt good to feel the breeze on her face. Stretching mightily she then grabbed her rifle and slung it across her front with the barrel pointed at the ground. She moved and to the nearest plant, bush, tree grass. She leaned Against the tree and let her mind become tuned to the plants around her.

At first she heard the rustling of the breeze moving the vegetation about her. Ears perked for the minute sounds that did not belong. Letting her spirit flow free to commune with the vegatation around her. Letting the plants get the feel of her essence. She showed them warmth and welcome. She was willing to listen and commune.

La'tâ wanted to get out of her Stako and commune with the plants and learn as much as she could about the area, not just for information sake, but it was relaxing. However she didn't feel it was appropriate for most of the squad to be dismounting at a time like this. She also had a scan running so she kept herself inside and continued to process erosion patterns on the ground, raising her Rotygo Acco Stako as well to help keep a look out. "Keyul-Sar, I know these buildings were built by the defilers but do we know what kind of buildings they are?"

Murr softly through Vit’taka…
~~ “who are these beings that stay in structures not of nature?”~~

She waited for a response from the surrounding plants

~~do they harm the plants without care?~~

~~ “what do they look like?… oh ever observant plants with patience I hope to emulate one day”…~~

~~”we would like to avoid fighting if we can avoid it, for it would bring harm to your majestic beauty and nurturing of this place you call home.”~~

She waited letting the essence of the plants become one with her. Her whiskers wiggled up and down as her tail made sweeping curves behind her. As she wait for the answer whether it is pictures and words coming from the plants.

~~”we are a species of feline and come from beyond the sky to travel amongst the tiny orbs of light that bring sustenance to your kind every where, my new found friends.”~~

~~”we are a violent species, but we can refrain from unnecessary violence if we can. We know it can hinder our growth as we’ve learned.”~~

~~”I know, and it saddens me to have to use violence in order to survive. I am different from my kind, yet I strive to be accepted.”~~

~~”I was once a caretaker of plants but our species in order to survive we use violence as a way to strengthen our species in order to survive. Doesn’t your kind do the same?”~~

Murr sat there in stillness as if she had fallen asleep, eyes open unseeing. Letting time flow over her like the breeze was ruffling her fur.

Memi Stayed in the in his Stako. Slowly he prowled around the area that they were out playing with their plants. As he walked he responded to the request, "I.. i don't do that... Don't know how, or if I'm able to..."

Instead he continued to recored and make notes, he was hoping to do up a paper of the use of Vit'Taka in combat units.

Keyul pulled up what data he could on this location. The survey team classified it as an Industrial complex. Nature unknown.

"Well the survey team said it was an industrial complex." he said a he looked at the structures. Using his Neural link he sent some images from his memory onto one of the screens. He compared them with some that he had seen when his brother had told him about their battles with the Defilers. One of the images looked very similar.

"I can not say for sure, but I think this is one of their facilities for manufacturing soldiers. Similar to what the Yamatai do." he said to his team.

Murr would first feel the joining as her awareness merged with the grass beneath her feet. After a moment she knew that there were a number of small animals hiding in the grass about 100 yards away.

More data trickled in since the field of grass was rather expansive, she saw from the perspective of the grass hominid creatures that crossed the grass. They originated from the structures and always returned by the same path. The plants could feel these creatures easily because they wore nothing on their feet. But then another image came into Murr's head. The plants did not like the creatures that they showed next to Murr, they had hard shells resembled large insects or crustaceans. What Murr saw made it clear that they were the minor Defilers and there was a small group of them in one of the structures on the left side of the location.

Last edited:
La'tâ got a indication that her scans had completed but Keyul was speaking so she stayed quiet for now and let the leader finish. "Manufacturing soldiers? Well I think I see where they went. The scans completed." She built a quick birds eye view rendition using the scan data and streamed it to the other Stako. "From the facility there are four paths that seem to be used frequently due to the level of erosion in comparison to the rest of the area. They head North-East, East, South-East and South-South-East. There are no noticeable trails heading westward."

Patrol - Planet/ Vit'kata

Murr's ears involuntary perked up and fingers and toes claws shot out as her tail became as stiff as a stick, at a 45 degree angle. She expelled a sharp breath. This Deep in Vit'kata, it would take time to pull out. She had to go deep to commune with these plants as different they were to the ones she was used to. She had to ride the flow till the end. Time passed by, even passed the time Keyal expected for this endeaver to be achieved. Still Murr remained locked in commune with the plants. And if anyone looked at her and know about Tula/Vit'kata connections, Murr was in trouble as she sat there in her spot next to her Stako. It looked like she was having a nightmare, confirming the groups worse nightmare.

Tears fell unheeded as the pictures flew into her from the wild untamed plants telling their story to her by picture by picture. Someone willing to "see/feel" what they saw and felt. The plants around her seam to caress her, Taller plants bending to wrap around her tail. Even though she was of different kind from them, she/he? had an underanding and caring heart beyond the cold dead thing she came out of. Each taking a measure of her. As she took measure of them.

Last edited:
Keyul noticed Murr's stance. He knew something was not right. He punched the commands to open his Stako but leave it powered. With a quick series of tugs he released his restraints and grabbed the Crisis drug pack from his cockpit. As soon as his feet hit the ground he sprinted over to Murr. It was apparent that she was still in link with the plants, but fortunately the link was easily broken. He picked her up and walked with her to a rock that was protruding from the ground. He gave her two ampules, the first was pain medicine, and the second was a stimulant. The combination would help her clear her head and get her functioning quickly.

He leaned down and next to her ear said in a commanding tone, "Sâvyjo Whisk. Give your report."

Murr blinked as the stimulant and the pain meds hit at once. Eyes blazed with fury and subsiding pain from the overload of the wild plants communing, She couldn't think for a few a seconds, looking up at Keyal, she just reach out, raising four fingers and then flipping her hand over to point her fingers to the ground and wiggled them, imitaing a bug. She looked scared up at him as this was the first time she had seen him up close, much less be under his harsh command. Then pointed at the building they was destined to attack. Murr knew he would freak out, seeing her use the barrel of her weapon as a pencil in the dirt.

She had to get the info to him some how. She wrote in the dirt and drew in the dirt beside the rock, plugging up the barrel with dirt as she wrote and drew the information she received from the plants around here. She looked up at him when she got done. Praying to the 9 minor dieties of Siama Rayu, hoping he understood her.

La'tâ noticed Keyul get out of the Stako and then Murr's condition and then Murr's condition. She quickly got out herself and headed over. She was ashamed of herself for not noticing sooner, and that Keyul had to give her medication. The young Tula for a momment had a disheartened expression, but soon wiped it off her face as she watched Murr try to communicate with Keyul. La'tâ did not have time to go over the medical files for the entier crew, so she was unaware of Murr being mute, but she could tell that at least right now she was having trouble getting her words out.

She gave her squad mate a light touch on the shoulder. "Whisk-sar would you mind communing with me? I can tell them what you have to say, I can also check your condition while we talk, to make sure there are no lingering effects. I can give you some treatment with an Iginâ Opasu'te as well if you would like that." She moved to down beside Murr to wait for her reply getting her Jodauvit ready for if she accepts.

With everyone jumping out of their mechs, Memi frowned and continued slowly walking around them. He kept the recorders trained on the trio but he focused the scanners out away. With all of them out, he was the only harden target there. And the only heavy weapon.

He was getting quite anxious over the whole situation. His free hand started tapping on a open part of the controls. 'What are they all thinking...'

Keyul tried to piece together what Murr was trying to convey, it was clear that she felt there was a threat. So he was relieved when La'tâ offered to take care of her and commune with her. "Take care of her." he said and returned to his Stako. He climbed up closed it up and secured his restraints.

He opened the mic in his cockpit, "Sar-Sotar, move another 25 meters to the west and keep an eye out. I have a bad feeling there is something ugly out here."

He then brought is rifle up, as well as arming his Stako's weapon systems.

With out replying Memi moved off towards the west arming the Stako's weapons as he did. What the hell was he doing here. Far from his place in a library stockpiling data and copying scroll over.

Murr shook her head, but the Keyal spoke his orders. She slumped abit, nodded in agreement when La'ta placed her hand on her shoulder. She began to clean the dirt from the barrel of her weapon, knowing Keyal was going to remember. She was scared for she had seen the defilers crabs in pictures and gave her nightmares while the family slept. Now she was going to see them for real. She wished she had her childhood charms with her for they always brough her the lucky paw.

La'tâ noticed that Murr seemed a bit reluctant so she spoke what hopefully would be reassuring words as she lightly wrapped part of her Jodauvit vine around Murr's arm. "Sar-Whisk you don't need to worry. Everything will be in your control, just tell me what you can and the connection will stay shallow, no need to go in very deep like before." She kept her voice low and as soothing as she could to try to keep her calm.

Murr nodded allowing La'ta access, projecting the images of four different mish -crabs, and assorted Nekos all barefoot. All gathered in the North building. She was settling down, having shared the burden. She just wanted to be in her Stako. Giving one last shudder as if she was shaking off water. Eyes opening Looking at La'ta, gave her a friendly smile as she placed her paw hand on her shoulder and nodded. She would have to teach her new team sign language.

La'tâ nodded to Murr and smiled back, she felt some empathy with her fellow Tula, since she herself had never been in a combat situation before, and now there were defilers not too far away. "Let's get back into our Stako. Your condition is good right now, but if you need anything just inform me." She pulled the Jodauvit off gently and stood, helping Murr up and then moving to her own Stako. She did not frequently partake in linked communes so she was a little hazy at the moment sorting through the images.

Once back in her own stako she made a few adjustments to the diagram she sent before now with the buildings with the defilers highlighted before sending it to the others. "Thesebuilding, the plants told Sar-Whisk that there were defilers inside. The yellow one has four that look like crabs of some sort and the orange one, an assortment that look like the grown soldiers form Yamatai."

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back