• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: 21st Fighter Sq [Mission 1.3] Letting off Steam

Soon, the door to the canteen slid open, and a younger Yamataian walked in, headed straight for the bar. "Tender, could I get something a bit stronger, like a rum and cola?" she asked, stretching out a little in her workout uniform. "And, if you happen to know where they are, could you point out the 21st Squadron? I'm a new addition and was hoping to meet them off duty." she continued, looking about the lounge.

The blonde female Yamataian glanced around, "That's Solitaire's squadron, she's over there with some of her folks at the far poker table. I'll bring your drink over there. Don't worry about the cost, Solitaire is buying this evening. Welcome aboard." She walked away towards the bar, pausing briefly to check on a few of the other patrons.

"Thank you!" she says, heading over to the card table. "Hello, I'm Kobayashi Tai-Santo Hei, callsign Saber. I just got in today." Tai said, looking for an open seat to take. "I hope I'm not interrupting your poker game."

"More cash in the pot!" Sekai said happily, indicating the seat next to her. "And, you're breaking the first rule of the bar: No Rank here. I am Hibiyashi Sekai, the deck crew chief. I make sure your birds can fly."

She then discarded two cards, and waited.

"I might, but cards aren't really my thing." Tai said as she took the seat happily. "And it's nice to meet you Sekai-san. I do hope you keep our fighters in prime condition, among other things." she said, smiling as she watched the game.

"Ah, I was beginning to worry that I was the newest person here. Was making me..." Saori paused, her brow furrowing as she looked at her remaining two cards, "Itchy."

She glanced up from the remains of her hand. "Kuwashima Saori. A pleasure to meet you, Kobayashi-san."

She nodded to Saori. "It's nice to meet you as well, Kuwahima-san." she replied. "You all look like you just got off work not too long ago. How do the new fighters fly?" she asked, looking a little excited.

Atsui looked at her cards, and picked up a few chips, "I bet 10 KS." she said to the other players.

Looking at the newest member of her squadron, "The Kawarime are an interesting craft, because they are designed to operate in the atmosphere using aerodynamics rather than anti-grave and thrust. It makes it a somewhat unforgiving craft if you decide to make a CFS maneuver at high speed, and then when you return to normal find yourself stalling and trying to recover."

The pilot nodded, watching the game. "Aerodynamics, huh? So thrust is really important to keep the fighter going in atmosphere, especially doing maneuvers. But it can also make things more unpredictable, maybe in our favor. Less energy use by not having antigrav means more energy over all, and more space for armor or weaponry." she said, pondering the systems out loud slightly, leaning back in her seat.

Saori glanced down at her new cards and shook her head, putting her hand down and sitting back from the table. "I fold on this one." She said simply, picking up her mug of barley tea and draining the dregs before ordering up a new mug.

Kayo looked at Atsui, and then seeing Saori fold looked at her cards again. Should I fold? Or stay.... well its not like I need the money right now anyway. She picked up chips and said, "I'm in." adding them to the post, she then looked at Sekai, "So Chief, are you in?" she asked.

Ira had clearly taken his time to get his act together before actually coming to the bar for a little social time with his squadron. After hopping off of his shuttle the first thing he did was hit up the mess hall and pig out on three steaks, and a mixture of vegetables, downing it all with a rich carbonated beverage. He then hit the showers and changed out of his uniform and into his civilian rig which consisted of a full color button down and pair of blue jeans with a pair of slippers. So when he finally showed up to the bar, he was smelling good and looking very comfortable.

Ira wasted no time with idle banter because as he had preformed all of these activities he walked up the poker table. “Ma’am” He said politely as he pulled up a chair and sat down at the table. “Is Vas-Hei gonna make it?” He said in a rather low tone as if he was trying to avoid up setting the squadron, after all they had just come out of a very stressful situation.

The new pilot waved to Ira, wondering if he was one of the more uptight kinds. She continued to watch the game though, wondering what everyone had in their hands.

Atsui covered her cards, "Hello Ramirez-San, it was a very near thing but the doctors at the Ryou Medical Center were able to save him. He was brought up to the Heitan on a medical shuttle and is currently resting in the critical care section of the medical enter. He will be there for a day or two before being released. Arashi-San is still in the medical center but should be released shortly." she said.

----------------------------------

At that moment Yoshi was in the medical center slowly walking over to the bed where Silic lay. He knew that if any of the nurses saw him they would order him back to his bed. But he did not care, he wanted to see his squadron mate, if only to see with his own eyes that Silic was alive.

When he finally made it to the bed where Silic lay he found a chair and let himself sink onto to it. He was no medic, but the medical monitors seemed to be fairly regular in breathing and heart rate. Which Yoshi figured was a good thing.

Silic couldn't move to greet the Joto-Hei as took a seat, despite the patch work done for his rib cage and arms by people wearing white masks and sterile rubber gloves, the injury to the brain was severe. Considering the amount of damage his body had taken it was probably better he was in a coma, because of his implants complete hemosynth submersion wouldn't work. Ever try to regrow your arm around a piece of metal?

So far the doctors had managed to improvise older methods for most of Silic's injuries, and were attempting extremely controlled doses of hemosynth to try and repair the brain tissue. There wasn't much else they for him could do except wait.

The two men themselves probably couldn't be more dissimilar, although they were both dumb enough to leave their shoulder straps loose in flight, and now sported matching bruises on their foreheads to show for it. Maybe the manufacturers would look into that little bug sometime.

Yoshi kept his silent vigil, watching as one of the nurses came to take Silic's vitals. "How is he ma'am?" he asked the blond haired woman.

She turned to Yoshi and smiled, "He's resting comfortably. The doctors have treated his internal injuries, with Laparoscopic surgery. He just needs to rest and let the localized hemosynth treatments do their job. And speaking of rest, shouldn't you be in your bed resting? Let's get you back there."

Nobutora entered the bar and took a slow, deliberative look around its interior. He was a little surprised to see the Chui already present; she had apparently proceeded directly here from their interview a little while before. He had taken a little time after being dismissed to stow his personal gear and attach his new 2XF patch and rank insignia. The rank in particular sat somewhat uncomfortably with him, contrasting sharply both against his black occupational panel and his own self-concept. Still, he knew he would get used to it in time. Not wanting to stall further, we walked toward the Chui's table. He hadn't had much time to peruse the squadron's files, an oversight he bitterly ruminated upon, but he thought he recognized all of the personnel assembled there. “Ma'am. Sir,” he said, inclining his head slightly towards the Chui and the Nepleslian he recognized as a Shoi Kohosei. Straightening back up he glanced at the rest of the crew. “I am Yamamoto Nobutora. A pleasure to make your acquaintances,” he said in greeting, bowing more deeply to the group.

“Well I am glad Vas-San is going to be okay.” Ira said as he waved back at the new female pilot and shifted a small smile in her direction. He opened his mouth to speak when another new crew member showed up. Ira watched as he gave his rather impressive introduction and his mouth drew wide open in awe of the man’s manners.

Rising to his feet Ira began giving Nobutora a standing ovation. “Bravo!” Ira said jokingly. “I would like an encore to that elaborate presentation!” Ira was indeed mocking the man, but it should be pretty clear he was being friendly about it. “I am just messing with yoou.” Ira stated as he held out his hand for Nobutora to shake. ‘Ira Ramirez.”

Tai nodded to the new squad member. "Hello. I'm Kobayashi Tai, and I'm also new here. It's good to meet you, Yamamoto-san." she said happily, smiling at him. He seems a little uptight...I hope that's just due to nervousness. she thought, scratching an ear absentmindedly as she turned her attention back to the betting game.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back