• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: 21st Fighter Sq [Mission 1.3] Letting off Steam

Yaeko quietly got off of a shuttle and quickly found her way to where the new recruits were hanging out. She entered the room an looked around. She saw a large group hanging out together, but there was one sour-pus that was sitting alone. She was about to walk over when she realized the clothing, a SAINT. She thought back to her time aboard the Illustrious, well he can't be any worse than the SAINTs we had there. Yaeko put on her bright giddy smile on and skipped over. "He there, I'm Munkata-Hei. I know, most people are scared of you SAINT operatives. I worked with one several months ago so I learned to get used to it. So may I ask what they need a SAINT here for? Oh, I forgot to ask your name! What's your name? I hope I'm not bothering you, but I really do like talking to people. Is it easy to tell that I like talking? And you still haven't told me your name." Yaeko put on a cheerful, girly-girl smile after she had finished her mile-a-minute speech.

Hachirou couldn't help but grin, looking at his hand. But the smile quickly vanished, hopefully before anyone had picked up on it.

"I'm tossing in some more money." He said, throwing 50 KS worth into the pot.

“I was assigned to the YSS Genei of the First Expeditionary,” replied Nobutora casually to the clerk, organizing his hand. “However, the details of my assignment are still, to my knowledge, classified.” He considered the Shoi’s bet; a relatively aggressive move. Still, he had already written off the 100 KS on the game as an investment in getting to know the crew. “I’ll call,” he said, sliding forward 50 KS worth of chips before turning back to the clerk. “And you? Is this your first shipboard assignment?”

Tai stretched, finishing her drink. "Well, as fun as this is, I think I'm going to go do some sword practice. Never really been one to sit around myself. Enjoy your card game though." she said, standing and giving a polite bow to everyone before trotting out of the room, towards her personal room first.

Kayo watched Atsui walk out of the bar at a quick pace. I hope nothing is wrong, but somehow I have a feeling that they would not have summoned her to say things were going well. she thought.

Turning her attention back to Nobutora, and the card game, she replied. "The Heitan is my first assignment since leaving training. It has been an educational one so far. Especially in the area of acquisitions." Reviewing her cards and seeing the stakes go up, she picked up the required number and added them to the pile. "I am still in."

Having taken to staring a hole in her cards, Saori almost mechanically added in chips to the pot to match the raised bets of others - she was still in for this hand.

SSharp said:
Lynn Yagami played with her fingers in front of her. Pulling, and pushing, and rubbing. It was a nervous gesture that had quickly gone down in Hayachi-Shoi's presence.

"I'm fine. But... ano... I know Hayachi-Shoi yelled at you. I wanted to say... uhm... That you should listen to what he had to say, and improve, but don't work yourself up over it. I've been grilled too, and I felt horrible. But he'll act like it never happened unless someone else brings it up." She shifted her bright yellow eyes to the floor, and then flicked them up to the cieling, and finally laid them to rest again on Ren.

"Tsukino-san, do you want some company over to Medical if you're heading there?"

"Thank you..." Ren said, giving the other girl a hug "I would much appreciate some company, I need to apologise to the soldier who... was probably shot down because of me." she said. She smiled a weak, gentle, and shy smile. "Computer... please show me to the medbay where the man who was shot down is?"

MEGAMI said:
A volumetric green stripe will lead you to the medbay, Ren-Hei.

-----------

Hayachi discarded two cards with a small smile at everyone around the table.

"I got a good feeling about this one." He said.

Nobutora peered at the officer, tilting his head slightly as he watched with no discernable expression on his face. “If you say so, sir.” He leaned back from the table an inch or two before tapping two fingers against the edge. “I'll check.”

Medbay was quiet when Ren and Lynn entered. The medical staff was going about checking patients with the efficiency that comes from years of training.

Yoshi could be seen talking with one of the nurses, who was in the process of checking his vitals. He waved with his free hand to his sqadron mates.

------------------------------------

Kayo looked at her hand after her discard. She had hoped that the new cards would improve her hand. She folded her cards and dropped them on the table. "I am out, Lady Luck is not with me tonight." she said. She picked up her glass and took a sip as she watched and waited to see how the hand would play out.

------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Atsui having changed back into uniform was entering the briefing room. Hiromi's instructions had been brief so she was not sure what to expect. In the room were most of the other squadron commanders. Must be a formal debriefing. Well at least I will find out how the other units faired. she thought taking her chair. She nodded to several that she recognized, and like her peers sat and waited patiently for the meeting to begin.

Tai was soon in the workout area, practice sword in hand. After stretching for several moments, she unsheathed it, and slowly worked her way through several practice katas and forms, before speeding herself up. It was how she learned not to mess up, by taking new things slowly, learning it correctly, and then moving to faster and higher speeds.

On the bed behind Yoshi in the medbay, Ren and Lynn could make out a pair of feet jutting near the end of the bed the rest obscured by a mixture of curtain and people. Unlike many of the other patients, this one was unmoving.

Ren walked over to Yoshi, then gave him a hug "You the one who was shot down because I couldn't control my pilot?" she asked quietly, checking to make sure. "'cause... I'm sorry" she didn't really know what else to say, so she just kept up the hug.

Yoshi returned Ren's hug, and blushed at her question. "No, soldier who was injured and shot down would be Vas-Hei in the next bed. The air line in my fighter was damaged in the initial assault and I was trying to fix it when Solitaire had to make an evasive maneuver. Because I had loosened my harness my helmet was slammed into the canopy. Pretty foolish way to end up in the hospital." After releasing the hug, he looked around the room.

With a conspiratory wink, he slid out of the bed. "I will take you to him, but if any nurses show up, say you forced me." he said holding his hand out to her. He walked with Ren over to Silic's bed. The vital sign monitors appeared to be giving a more positive set of readings from the last time.

"Here he is, I do not know if he will wake up. But you can talk to him." Yoshi said putting a hand on her shoulder.

Expecting a few tubs attached to him, Silic looked comfortable, his face was peaceful and he otherwise appeared to almost be sleeping. It was easy to find the scars of his old trade, his prosthetic arm lay at his side, still attached for decency's sake, a collection of tiny scars on his other hand from home projects or tiny mistakes, faded from age.

Looking at his face, it was fairly clear why the man always wore glasses in public, a nasty trail of scar tissue covered both eyes across the face. He'd never win a beauty contest, that was for sure. His old glasses lay on a small beside table, one of the arms broken, a lens cracked and partially shattered, he'd had them on him during the crash.

Yaeko sauntered over to the table where people were playing poker. She grabbed a chair and sat down behind one of the players so she could watch the game. In the back of her mind she was wondering if Silic was okay. She hadn't seen him since they carted him off and she wasn't even sure if he was still alive.

"Well, if that's all..." said Nobutora quietly, glancing at the remaining players. Everyone apparently having checked he threw down his hand, showing a pair of 10s and a pair of jacks. He pushed his chair back from the table and, taking one last sip from his water glass, stood. "If you'll excuse me, I really have to be off." He turned and made for the exit, sparing neither concern for the game nor a glance for his old SAINT partner. For the former, the winnings would work themselves out and the money would show up in his account or it wouldn't; for the latter, he made a discreet hand signal of his own. Contact protocol [REDACTED]. Exiting the bar, he smiled briefly to himself; with old comrades and new, he was looking forward to this assignment.

Hachirou laid down a King of Clubs, a three of clubs, and three aces: Spades, Diamonds, and Clubs.

"Well then." He said. "I think we're all finished here.

"Yes, we are." Saori agreed as she laid out her own cards. Three 5's: Diamonds, clubs, and hearts with a 9 of clubs and an Ace of hearts high.

Her face twitched a little, having seen everyone else's cards, but she recomposed herself quickly enough, excusing herself from the table and the game.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back