• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Genei [Mission 1]Finding the hand that feeds

Jime searched the shopping district for a few minutes before finding what she was looking for. A long, vertical sign with bright neon lettering: "Britches and Hose Clothing." It hung over a dingy basement entrance that looked like the kind of place where hobos peed. A small flight of stairs led down to a door reinforced by dull iron bars, with a smaller sign on it which repeated the text of the larger one. Beneath it was a reversible placard, which had been flipped to 'Open.'

Jime opened the door, and stepped inside. The air was musty with the smell of some kind of smoked narcotics, a small puff of it escaping out into the street above as she entered. The room was darkly lit, with black lights shining down on the merchandise that lined the walls. The entire room was painted black, adding to the abyssal sensation. Alternative techno buzzed down from unseen speakers. Though the volume wasn't high, the bass was turned all the way up, making her tremor down to the bones with every note. She stepped in, her shoes puckering softly on the rubbery flooring.

The store was mostly unoccupied, two clerks dressed in chains and leather smoking on a beat-up old couch behind the counter. Two customers were pressed against the back wall, partially obscured by a clothing rack. The unseen female's arms gripped tightly to the back of the male's trench coat, and a fishnetted leg hooked around him. The brief lulls in the hum of the music were interspersed by her unambiguous moans.

A female sales associate emerged from the small video section by the door, approaching Jime. The Yamataian was dressed in a latex one-piece, barely. The sides had been cut out, leaving only a small strip over her belly button connecting the two halves. The neck cut sagged precariously down into what was easily distinguishable as at least a D-cup bust. Her garter belt held up her smooth black stockings, which rose up out of a pair of heavy-soled high-top boots. She tilted her head slightly at Jime, seeming to bend at the tight, heart-pinned choker she wore. Her dark, wavy, elbow-length hair flowed down her back, a few strands hanging playfully over her shoulders. Long, narrow eyebrows accentuated her seductive brown eyes, the only things that stood out on her deathly pale face besides the deep blue lipstick her tongue was fervently tasting. One bare arm jutted out as she put a hand on her cocked hip. The other brought her little finger to the edge of her mouth, its short, well-manicured nail seemingly as enticing to her tongue as the lipstick.

She spoke, seemingly more focused on staring into Jime's eyes than what she was actually saying. "Welcome home, darling. Is there anything I can help you find? If you don't see what you're looking for, perhaps we have it in the special back room section." Her soothing, lacy voice took exquisite joy in her words, nonetheless. Jime smirked, her unblinking eyes fixed on those of the other woman. "Perhaps just some work-friendly clothing for now. Latex. Tight." The Yamataian smiled enticingly, tilting her head a bit more. "Mmm, of course. We have our clothing for less, ah, private occasions right over here..."

About an hour later, Jime emerged from the store, dressed in a form-fitting latex shirt and leggings, with a yellow and blue leather race jacket on over it. A pair of leather belts hung diagonally in either direction around her waist. The wardrobe was rounded out by a pair of blue PVC boots and her SACOS. She hung her nondescript brown paper bag of clothing under one arm, and headed back to her apartment.

The store that Angela chose was unlike any other store in the area. Inside it wasn't difficult to determine what fashions were in or out of style. As the Hei entered the store a black haired Yamataian looked up and moved to greet her. "What can I do for you today miss?" the Yamataian woman asked.

-----

"There is no more, honest. I was just asked to bring the device to work, hook it into a computer thats it." For a second it looked as if the man might have been telling the complete truth. Then however his facade slipped, if ever so slightly. The man began to inhale to speak, then decided against it. "T-that's it." he stammered in an attempt to cover up his gaff.

Konpeki watching the prisoner closely noticed his hesitation. “Obviously you did not understand your options or that it was a limited time. You see I do not believe that you are that naive or stupid. Your position in NovaCorp shows that you are not dimwitted. So it appears that you have chosen to deal with my partner rather than cooperate. That was the wrong choice as it will go harder for you. Now our people will be arresting Otome for treason. I hope you said your farewells this morning because you probably will never see her again. And well, think about how a woman in prison charged as a traitor will fare with major criminals.” Konpeki stood up and took a few steps away. She pulled out her communicator and queued up a message. “Last chance Sukimade. If not to save yourself, cooperate to save your wife. I just have to push this button and the arrest order goes out. So care to change your mind?” She said fixing Sukimade in her gaze with her finger poised over the transmit button.

Sukimade was silent, not because he was unwilling to talk but because he was afraid to do so. Whatever he knew it was enough to scare him into silence. "Lately, my research has revolved around Nekovalkyrja both for NovaCorp in developing products, and for...I've already said too much. Do what you want to us, if I say anything else she'll die." Iro fell silent again, this time he seemed quite determined to remain that way.

Nobutora laughed menacingly, which meant he simply laughed normally, as he leered at Sukimade. “Do you really not get it? Are you that much of an amateur?” he asked slowly, the nasty grin slowly leaving his face. “We already have you. If whoever you work for is going to kill her because you talked to us, she’s already dead.” He walked slowly away from the man nearly speaking in a whisper. “How does that feel, Sukimade? Your treason has condemned her to death. And just think if your friends send an interrogator with my proclivities to find out what she knows before disposing of her…” He turned back toward the traitor, smiling maniacally now. “Does this frighten you Sukimade? Are you quaking in your cowardly little boots?” Pushing his face into the traitors again, his voice rose to a feverish pitch. “You’re scared of the wrong people, little man! You think imprisonment and arrest is the worse I can do to your wife, faced with your friends who could actually kill her.” He pushed off from the man, whipping out his communicator, punctuating each word with a press of a key. “Death isn’t the half of it. Just imagine – Please! Try to imagine! – what exactly they will do when this little message of mine, which describes exactly how cooperative and talkative you are being, oh-so-accidentally finds its way into an unencrypted network.”

Angela looked at the woman and said, “I’m new to the area and I was looking for some hip clothes to wear to school.” The store clerk smiled and told Angela to follow her. She followed the women looking at the various clothes. “Do you know of any cool hang out places, where I can chill?” The woman paused with her hand on a rack containing silk skirts in a variety of colors. “For the most part I’ve heard it was the nightclub about eight blocks from here, but then again they spend most of their day at the arcade.” “Thanks, I’ll check it out later on. But of course after school” Angela said with a girlish grin. The woman went back to the rack, trying to guess her size. After half an hour Angela was able to find five sets of clothes. Once she was out of the store, she shook her head at the thought of her last outfit that she picked out with the help of the very attentive store worker. After thinking that she might have to seduce someone at the night club, she had finally chosen a tight blue latex skirt with white stockings, yellow corset-style top, with matching blue and yellow pumps. Angela looked at the ever-darkening sky and decided to take the bags home and get some sleep. She started walking back to the apartment, casually taking note of any alleys and gathering visual information about the area. She thought about the upcoming day, It’s going to be a long day she sighed to herself.

Konpeki observed Sukimade and his response to Nobutora’s badgering. This approach is not working; it is obvious he is frightened. Not of us but of who he was working for. Perhaps a better approach would be to secure Otome, and remove the immediate threat against her. And use her as leverage to loosen his tongue. she thought.

She walked over to Nobutora after he completed his last rant, and turned him to face her. Yamamoto-Hei, this line of interrogation is counter productive. Threatening Otome is not the key to soliciting his cooperation. We need to have her picked up so that we can ensure her safety and use her as leverage to get his cooperation. She sent telepathically. Taking out her communicator she queued up a message to the commander.

To: Yoshiko-Shosa

Shosa, it is my opinion that we need to have Sukimade Otome picked up as soon as possible. Based on Sukimade Ira behavior during questioning, it is apparent that he fears for her safety if he cooperates. If we get her to a safe location it may help convince him to cooperate.
Eika-Hei.

After transmitting the message she waited for a reply. Yamamoto-Hei, if you wish to proceed with your bad cop, perhaps you might consider a change of tactic. I have sent a message to the Shosa asking for Otome to be picked up as soon as possible. Perhaps threatening her is not the best approach.

Jime arrived back at the apartment with little incident, tossing the clothing on the bed where the rest of her belongings lay in disarray. She loitered about for awhile, considering the security of the apartment. She went about putting the proper surveillance safeguards up; she set motion detectors at all the doors, windows and vents, and placed a microcamera in each room. It was a quick, easy task. When she was finished, Jime pulled out her communicator and set it up so she would be alerted any time the motion detectors were tripped, and could easily access the cameras at a moment's notice. She wrote up a brief message on her communicator and sent it to Angela.

To: Hitomo-Santo Hei

Yamataian-Hei,

I have taken the liberty of securing the apartment. You will be sent an alert any time it is accessed, and have access to video feed.

Attachment: PANT/SA/ST/KRS13/GEN/KOH1.exe

Clearance code is 044-333-9712B

-Karasu

Jime rummaged around on her bed, located her service pistol, and shoved it underneath. She lay down in her mess of sheets on the floor, hidden from view behind her bed. She propped her head up on a hand, the only evidence of her presence the two large cat ears that stuck up over the side of the bed. She sat there, in the dark, thinking. She'd given Angela secondary access codes, which meant Jime had complete control over the system. She smirked grimly. Perhaps I should have mentioned the extra camera I placed in the shower.....

...Nah.

Nobutora continued to stalk about as if unhinged while he listened to Eika’s comment. ”Indeed, her safety provides critical leverage for his cooperation. We have a legal duty to protect her as well. However, the intention in this joint-questioning is to convince him that she is in even greater danger if he doesn’t cooperate and that she is in no danger at all if he does cooperate. So certainly, we ought to insure that she is safe, but my recommendation is to avoid informing him of that. I have made him afraid; now it is best if you offer that alternative, but make it clear that her safety is contingent on his cooperation. I leave it to your discretion, of course, but that is my advice and we can always alter our strategy in the future.”

Konpeki walked over to the prisoner. “Sukimade the fate of your wife Otome lies in the decision you make in the next five minutes.” She sat in front of him. “We can protect Otome, we can have our people pick her up and put her in protective custody. But to do that we need something from you. Cooperate with us, come clean on all aspects of what you were asked to do, and have done. If Otome is innocent then she will have nothing to fear. Time is important though especially if you feel that your employers will come after her. So are you going to sit here, and protect yourself and let her pay for your actions.”

Sukimade laughed a pained laugh for a few seconds before speaking again. Don't kid yourself, you can't protect her anymore than I can. Nobody is safe from this." Sukimade replied before becoming silent again. It appeared that threatening him would not draw the information out of the man.

Konpeki looked at Nobutora, I do not like the sound of that, he change of demeanor is perplexing to say the least. At first his wife seemed to be the fulcrum to work him, now he says she is beyond hope. She sent to him telepathically.

Turning back to Sukimade, "What do you mean, nothing can save her from this? What exactly have you been doing Sukimade?"

"See for yourself, most of it is on that drive." Sukimade said nodding toward the data device that had been recovered. The man sat there in silence waiting for the pair to act, it was clear he wasn't going to give any more information up to them.

Nobutora had stopped leering, stopped pacing, stopped doing just about everything; perhaps more worryingly, he never replied to Eika. He simply stared blankly at the far wall with his back turned towards Sukimade. “We want to know how to access the drive; you tell us you can’t or won’t help us. We want to know why; you tell us the reason is on the drive. I suppose that means this… conversation is concluded.” His turn was fluid and smooth as he drew his NSP and aimed it squarely the traitor’s head, cold eyes narrowing only slightly as he flipped the safety off and pulled in the slack from the trigger. This time, the weapon was not set to stun.

"I don't know the specifics of what it is, or how it works, but we're making a targeted virus. Something designed to hurt nekos, that's why nobody is safe from it." Iro sighed and gazed at the floor, "The information on the drive will confirm it. If you hook it up to a computer with limited access rights to the hardware and no network connectivity at all you should be able to get to the information. It gets its strength from the size of the network it's connected to." Iro looked away from the pistol, contemplating whether or not he should just ask to be shot now. After all, if it were ever discovered by the rest of the cell what he had done he would be killed. Now that SAINT knew, he'd probably die too, treason isn't exactly a crime you live through.

Konpeki took a moment to look at Nobutora, trying to figure out if his change in demeanor was an act or a sign of instability. Standing slowly, she placed a hand on his shoulder. In a calm voice she said softly, "Perhaps it would be better to attach the device in the manner he said to one of the isolated computers, to ascertain if he is telling the truth before you splatter him on the floor? If you kill him and it turns out he is telling the truth you will deny us the opportunity to get any more information from him."

The two Heis managed to find their way back to the apartment without a problem and finish preparations for the coming day. Once all their preparations were complete the Heis eventually went to sleep, awaiting the rise of the 'sun' over the skyline of Kohana City. At about 5 am Angela's alarm clock pierced the quiet peace that had settled over the room.

Jime twitched awake, her hand halfway to her service pistol before she realized what was happening. Stretching on all fours like, well, a cat, her joints crackled quietly.

Jime stood, and strolled across the room to Angela's bed. She stood there for a moment, staring at the still-sleeping girl, before kicking the side of the bed unceremoniously. "HEY! Yamataian! Get up, and shut off that damn clock."

Angela quickly reached over and silenced the alarm, straining to stretch and yawn.

Jime huffed angrily, looking at the clock "0500... why on Yamatai? What, do you take 2 hour showers?" She grumbled once more before shaking her head, and heading into the kitchen.

She sat up looking at Jime though half closed eyes watching her moved to the kitchen. "What are you fixing for breakfast?"

"Why?" Jime called over her shoulder, "Do you plan on sticking your greasy fingers in my food?" She opened the refrigeration unit, and looked around, grabbing a big can of processed tuna and a jar of ma-yawn-aise.

She got up and fixed her bed, like she done during her training periods. Angela began doing isometric exercise, preparing to get into an intense regime.

Jime threw the food on the counter, searching the cupboards for a plate, knife, and bread. After having located these, she proceeded to make herself two triple-decker tuna sandwiches.

After feeling quick loose and limber, she began her 100 count situps and pushups, crunches, and five different exercises. Once done with one set she'l do another. All the way thinking about how breakfast will taste. Hey it's Jime that's cooking, she thought to herself.

Jime rammed a sandwich into her mouth, stepping to one edge of the counter. It hung out in front of the doorway to the bedroom, and she leaned back against it, staring at Angela with vague disdain as she ate her sandwich.

After finishing her second set, she paused long enough to notice Jime. "Oh, how is it? I'm feeling hunger now". She got up and wipe the sweat of her forehead heading to the counter.

Angela quickly made her a tuna sandwich, with the mayo and added cheese to the mix. Hmm. "Not bad, this is my first tuna sandwich you know."

Jime didn't respond, simply continuing to stare at Angela with her stoic cat eyes. She finished putting down her first sandwich, and proceeded to eat the second.

"What do you eat on Yamatai? Pickled radish?" Jime muttered, her mouth full of food.

Angela laughed at the comment. "Not really. I prefer eggs and anchioves on a seaweed bun. Like my mom used to make. Maybe sometime you should try some"

Jime wrinkled her nose slightly at the mention of the food. Who would ruin perfectly good fish with seaweed? Growing gruesomely tired of staring at Angela, she headed back into the bedroom, taking the last bites of her sandwich on the way.

Angela looked at the clock, and decided maybe she have time to go for a run before taking getting ready for school. She fixed another sandwich and set it in the refrigator till after she's done. She put on her running shoes on headed out the door.

Jime, at a loss for what to do with all the spare time she now had, decided she'd head off to the school. Perhaps she could 'stroll' past whatever dorm her targets were residing in...

She threw on her racer jacket and headed out the door, locking it up thoroughly. Leaving the building, she pulled out her communicator, checking for her expected update on all the mission data she needed - the residence of her targets included.

She walked down the steps and upon reaching the bottom did a jog in place for a few minutes. Feeling energized by the rising morning sun and slight breeze, she took off at an easy pace. After 20 minutes she return back to the apartment sweating and tired. She made her way up to the apartment and prepare to get ready.

Angela unlocked the door, noticed that Jime have left already. She went over to the bathroom, now that is free, and quickly and efficiently got ready to go to school.

The air outside was brisk and a slight wind gusted occasionally bringing in the chill. Winter was close if not already on the doorstep. There was an update sent to the Hei, it contained the living locations of the two students on the terrorist list. Both of them seemed to live with their parents in completely different districts. Sumai was in the same district as the school while William was in a neighboring district to the Gaki Ward.

Jime frowned sharply, her brow furrowing over her unblinking eyes. She had been expecting them to live on campus. The fact that they both lived with their parents further concerned her. What kind of pathetic terrorists were these? Her thoughts were eventually interrupted by the soft vibration of her communicator as it alerted her to an intrusion in the apartment. She flicked on the video feed, seeing it was only Angela. She was about to

Angela was finishing putting on her newly brought school clothes when the updates were sent to her SACOS. She read over the information and then a thought occured to her. Can I carry a sidearm on school grounds? What if someone notices it. Especially in this uniform. She put that out of my mind by trusting in her martial skills. There shouldn't be any activity that requires shooting.

Seeing that there was enough time to walk to school she hurried out the door, being careful to make sure all the electronic gear was in place and performing ok. Angela locked the door and began walking to the campus. She was about to put her communicator back in her pocket, when she saw the girl enter the bathroom. Raising an eyebrow, she turned on the feed for her shower camera.......

Jime, likewise, had been forced to discard her service pistol due to choices in wardrobe. Her outfit left about zero room for ANYTHING extra.

If Nobutora had actually heard Sukimade's words, he showed no sign of it. Indeed, he continued to stand perfectly still - NSP still trained on the traitor's head. Even Eika's touch and words failed to result in a reaction for moments afterward. The silence stretching on, he suddenly switched the setting to stun and safed the weapon. Sparing a nod and tight smile at Eika he stepped forward and crouched down in front of the bound man. Looking up, directly into the prisoner's eyes, Nobutora still was emotionally void as he began to speak. “You need to understand exactly how close you just came to dying. Interrogation theatrics aside, I was about a second away from pulling that trigger. You may be thinking right now that dying wouldn't be so bad, but in a little while, when you're out of this bunker and start thinking about the options you have, because you are still alive, you'll realize you're wrong. And then you will understand exactly what just happened here.” He stood and walked off to grab a bottle of water.

Finally reaching the campus grounds, Angela began walking to her first class of the day. She keep a constant watch for anything out of the ordinary. She sighed to herself, as the cool autumn wind blew through her brushed hair. Upon arriving at a granite three story building with marble pillars, she joined the crowd of students walking into the building. She glanced down at her datapad to confirm the classroom number. Inside the hall was sparsely crowded with various races of aliens from all over the galaxy. Angela began walking to the classroom, making mental notes of any conversation that she overheard. She slung off her pack and took a seat at the back at the room. Only wanting to observe and not wanting to draw any unwanted attention to herself. She pulled out her textbook and appear to be reading, but in actuallity reaching the students as the file in to the classroom.

Konpeki kept an eye on Sukimade while Nobutora cooled off. She picked up the device turned it over in her hand. A weapon specifically targeting Nekovalkyrja. I do not like the idea of that. Such a thing if successful could cripple the empire. She looked at Nobutora for a moment as she considered whether or not to plug the device into one of the isolated computers. Yamamoto-Hei I believe we should connect this to one of the ICP's. We need to accertain if he is telling the truth, especially if this research into some sort of bioweapon against Valkyjra. she sent telepathically.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back