• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Genei [Mission 1]Finding the hand that feeds

”Agreed.” There was a pause after the burst transmission while Nobutora, having found water, chugged an entire bottle. He glared at the empty vessel, wiping his mouth before setting it down. ”If this bio-weapon is already weaponized, Yamatai may be facing an imminent and critical threat. It is imperative that we retrieve any information with all possible haste, but it may be advisable to stun the traitor, and bring him and the drive to a more secure location. Caution is most certainly the watch-word, particularly if what he claims is true.” Nobutora poked at the bottle for a minute before snatching it up and crushing it in his hand.

Konpeki considered Nobutora's words. What type of secured location? Returning to the Genei with an unconscious person could be problematic. We lack transport at the moment. Rending him unconscious is probably prudent. But I have a greater concern. From Sukimade's comments about the fate of his wife, they may have already deployed this weapon. If so then we have to accept the real possibility that all of the Valkyrja from the ship could be exposed including myself. she sent telepathically.

She got up and walked over to get a bottle of water. She carefully selected a bottle and then went to stand leaning against one of the structural members of the shelter. She was exercising her self-control to keep from showing any emotion at the moment.

Need to think rationally, emotions will not help. The plague of 08 showed that Geshrin biology was vulnerable. So are we looking at a stronger variant? If I have been exposed, what are the symptoms? Sukimade seemed rather fatalist regarding his wife so we must presume the weapon is intended to kill not disable. We need to learn what is the delivery method. Is there an incubation period? How long do the victims have once exposed? What are the symptoms? Is there a treatment or cure? she thought to herself.

”If the weapon is already being deployed operationally, then it is likely too late for this intelligence to affect anything.” He paused, slightly opening his mouth as he turned around. ”In the event that the weapon is not yet ready, we must alert the Shosa immediately. Your concerns about safety are quite reasonable; I will exit the bunker to contact her, if you can prepare one of the ICP's for un-networked operation.” He took one step forward and, whipping out his NSP, fired a stun burst at Sukimade's chest. Stalking off toward the exit he clenched his fist around the pistol's grip, knuckles standing out white for a moment, before he tucked it away and slipped through the bunker's hatch. ”Shosa, Sukimade has revealed some extremely disturbing intelligence. It appears the terrorist cell is working on a bio-weapon targeted at Nekovalkyrja. Eika-Hei is making preparations to confirm this intelligence on site. I will remain in the open briefly in the event you have any directives at the moment; otherwise we will be out of contact again until we can confirm the credibility of the traitor's claims.”

"A bio weapon?" If telepathy were audio, Yoshiko's 'voice' would have sounded rather unimpressed and disappointed. "It doesn't sound that dangerous. If the information is reliable find out as much as you can, let's make sure this isn't something that's going to be akin to trying to hack PANTHEON with a child's datapad." Yoshiko replied. "I just received Eika-Hei's message, do you still want to have Sukimade's wife picked up?" Yoshiko asked.

--------------------------

Time passed slowly closer and closer to the beginning of class, still neither Jime nor Sumai had entered the room. Finally, the clock struck the time for the first class to begin. Angela could hear people whispering back and forth wondering where the instructor was, and who the new girl was. Finally a young Yamataian with straight brown hair moved from a nearby chair to one next to Angela. "I haven't seen you around here before." the Yamataian smirked before continuing, "I'm Kassandra, nice to meet you."

The amount of students filtering into the classroom slowed, just like the clock seemed to slowly crawl by. Angela keep checking her watch, wondering if Jime had any problems. Probably she got stopped by some young frat boys wanting to converse. She was going to wear that “hot” outfit. Naa, she thought to herself. She would’ve contacted me if anything was going astray. Plus she was more than capable of handling any threat. Angela passively listened to the other students, turning a deaf ear to nonsense talk. She wondered if their suspected terrorist would show up today. But if he would happen to show up, she would have to be very civilian like in her manner. It would probably tip him off that something is afoot, especially since a new student and teacher is in his class. Angela heard someone coming in her direction and lifted her head from the datapad she was reading, and she saw a young female Yamataian sitting next to her. After the girl introduce herself, she made a mentally cross-reference of her name, Kassandra wasn’t one of the suspected terrorists. “Hi, nice to meet you. My name is Miranda.” “What’s up with the teacher? Is this suppose to be teach yourself day” she joked. At the same time she spoke telepathically to Jime “Where are you?”

Konpeki after a moment of introspection, Wait, the Geshrin in the 08 Plague were the original inhabitants of Yamatai, not the engineered ones. So this weapon would have to be vastly different. The only option is to insert that device. We need information, if I have been exposed its too late, so I will be damned if I let it spread to others. Besides, there is my backup on the Genei.

Having regained her focus, she walked back over to table and picked up the device. Glancing at Sukimade she thought What kind of man would work on a weapon that would kill the woman he supposedly loved? Unless the only reason he married was to help develop this weapon.

She walked over and picked up an ICP, and powered it up. After ensuring that all external interfaces other than the keyboard were disabled physically, she inserted the device. “Here goes nothing. I wish we had someone with medical training available.”

The rowdy levels of conversation had grown increasingly louder, to the point where Angela would have had slight difficulty hearing Jime's response in her head. "There were matters to resolve." Several seconds later, the door to the lecture hall opened, and Jime came walking through, holding a large, archaic textbook, her PVC boots clicking loudly on the floor. The unprofessional appearance of the woman served only to increase the level of noise in the room, as numerous male students noticed the towering Neko. It was only after she took up position behind the teacher's desk that people began to connect the dots. She turned to face the class, and silence was immediately established as she slammed her book against the table, a thunderous smack echoing through the room.

The students stared at her with varying levels of surprise and disinterest. Jime scanned the room, her large eyes slowly assessing it with cruel calculation. Her natural scowl deepened slightly, then she finally spoke. "Professor Kaneda has traveled to Yamatai to attend to personal matters. He will not be returning for an indeterminate period of time. I am his replacement. You will refer to me merely as 'Mistress.' Dissidence will not be tolerated. Failure to abide by my rules will result in personal disciplinary action. If you are too incompetent to understand what I am saying, I suggest you ask your questions quickly."

Several cocky young men had obviously read into the innuendo of her statement, but they quickly lowered their hands when Jime put her venomous gaze on them.

”Yes, ma'am,” replied Nobutora. ”It is partially his wife's well-being that suggests something more sinister is in the works, ma'am. The traitor has implied that his wife is not safe from this threat. Of course, this may indicate that Sukimade either is very well informed about the threat or not informed at all; either way, confirmation will be forthcoming as soon as we can ascertain it.” His curiosity growing, Nobutora slipped back into the bunker and over to Eika. “Any progress?”

The IPC booted up as normal. When the device was attached an autorun file ran and tried to take control of the system. Unlike the first incident the device wasn't able to nab it, working with the extremely limited resources of the IPC and memory stick had significantly decreased its adaptive abilities. To the experienced eyes of Nobutora it was easy to tell that it was eventually going to get control, it would just take a significant amount of time to do so. In that time they would be able to access most of the information on the device.

-------

Class went smoothly for the next 10 minutes, when Sumai slid into the room as quietly as she could. When Jime wasn't looking Kassandra waved Sumai over to one of the empty chairs near herself and Angela.

Having already pass this class not just long along before joining Star Army, Angela was barely paying attention to the lecture. But with every now and then Jime’s heavy feline accent would catch her attention. Trying to blend in, she was busy staring at her datapad in front of her, then to Jime, and then to the holographic projector displaying the lesson. For about four minutes into the class, Angela was accessing the students. Seeing who would be daring enough to help a terrorist organization. The person they were after was supposed to bright, probably they might raise through hand or a paw to ask questions to test the new instructor. Or probably they would just ignore the class altogether absorb with some secret meeting they will have to attend. So far half of the class was doing at least one of the two things, the other half mainly guys, were staring at the “Dominatrix substitute” daydreaming of what they can do to her.

She finally thought of the girl beside her, when she did, she noticed a young Yamataian female slipping into the room. Almost at once, Angela knew she could be the one. With being affiliated with a terrorist cell, she would most likely be a rogue type personality, striving to find some way to either prove her point or just getting tired of society’s norm. She must apprehend her for questioning. But falling back on her advanced training, she waited for confirmation of her name and a secure area to do so. She noticed that Kassandra was waving the girl over to an empty seat next to them. Kassandra might be her friend. Ok this might be a little tricky, Angela thought to herself. She look over at the girl and smile and went back to her randomized pattern of “paying attention” She sent telepathically to Jime, I think the high value target is in the class now, two seats over to my left your right. I will confirm her name and gather information about her and her probably friend name Kassandra. By the way nice entrance, I think one guy was about to wet himself.

Jime couldn't help rolling her eyes at angelas message. She caught a glimpse of the girl who was trying to weasel her way along the edge of the classroom. With a tap of the data pad in front of her, Jime sent the holographic image scattering into a glittering dust of ions. The dimmed lights snapped to full intensity, sunblinding a good number of the surprised students. She stared hatefully at the girl whom she knew from her attendance list to be her target. "Himiko Sumai," Jime projected with an aggressively authoritative growl, "You have missed nearly half of my class. Your blatant disregard for the education environment would be pitiable, if you deserved any pity. You will serve two hours of detention in my office after your classes. It would be wise to arrive promptly. Now access segment twenty-three of the Jade Republic unit. You will be responsible for knowing the first twenty-two segments.". With that, Jime snapped off the lights again, and the projector came back to life.

Konpeki turned to Nobutora, "The system seems to be working, but it might be best if you perform the search as this is your area of specialty."

“Mmm,” nodded Nobutora, not really listening. “Hmm? Oh, yes. If you don't mind.” He slid the IPC a little closer to himself and, after puzzling over the attack's weakness, set about implementing a few counter-programs. His goal was merely to play for time though he suspected, given the rate that the autorun program was progressing, that stripping the information from the memory stick was not going to be very hard. Still a little wary from previous experience with the device, he approached the access process carefully, dropping to a diagnostic layer beneath normal user-interface. A brief query to the memory stick's port confirmed that he could slip in, though what exactly might happen was still in question. Deciding there was no reason to mess about, he launched straight in, directly probing the remote memory for information.

A probe of recently accessed files brought up several results:

Recently Accessed said:
Nekovalkyrja.fs
Nekovalkyrja.ds

It was clear that the program native was trying to move the data around so that it would be difficult for Nobutora to access or find any additional file information out. Of course, with its capabilities already being used on taking over the host IPC this was a futile attempt against a trained analyst.

-----------

Sumai's face reddened quite visibly as she was called out by Jime. After Jime's lesson resumed she hurriedly sat down next to Kassandra. "Where is the normal guy?" Himiko whispered while stooping to retrieve her book. "He's gone on a family emergency." Kassandra whispered back. Himiko nodded and then gave a questioning look toward Angela. "Her name's Miranda, she's new to the class." Kassandra filled in for her friend. "Himiko Sumai," Sumai offered, "nice to meet you."

“Nice to meet you too”, Angela whispered back. After an agonizing 90 minutes of listening to Jime talk in her thick accent, the class lecture was coming to an end. Angela mindlessly wrote down her next day’s study assignments and seeing that the rest of the students were beginning to pack up their materials, Angela follow suit. She casually gaze over to her new “friends” and smiled, trying to hide her real intentions. She studied their faces for any psychology giveaways as to their feelings about being released from class and free to do what they want till next class. Of which she had the same class as Sumai, who’s next class is in three hours. A lot of time just idling around, maybe she can tag along with her to see where she will be taken. They might just get lucky and shown where the operating base is located and where all the members meet. Just at that moment Angela remembered what her mother always said, “Hope for the best, and expect the worst”.

Konpeki watched as Nobutora performed his computer magic. She could handle normal computer searches, but scanning for data like this is why an analyst like Nobutora was on the team.

She pondered asking him about the two files that his search found.
Nekovalkyrja.fs Nekovalkyrja.ds those are probably the files we need. Names seem innocuous but then they would hardly name them Killing Neko Weapon now would they. she thought.

Since there was nothing she could to assist her team mate at the moment. She would just have to be content to watch and wait for Nobutora's report.

Eventually the class ended and everyone began to pack up their things. Sumai stuffed her bag full of stuff and darted out the door in the middle of a large group. Kassandra however turned to Angela, "Hey, wanna get a snack together or something? I don't have class for another 20 minutes. I could even show you around a little." Kassandra offered.

Angela noticing that Sumai, had darted out, quickly glanced at Jime to see if she noticed. She directed her attention back at Kassandra, "Yeah, that would be cool". Angela quickly gathered her stuff and begin to fellow Kassandra.

Jime had indeed noticed, she looked as if she were about to give a yell after the student, however her eye caught Angela's. There'll be another chance. Jime thought before nodding toward Angela and sending her a text indicating that she should go on without her for now. As Kassandra and Angela exited the room Himiko joined up with the pair. "Gaah, what a bitch! Doesn't she know that we're out of high school? Jeeez." Himiko sounded more than slightly annoyed. "I know right?" Kassandra said in agreement. "Hey, I'm showing Miranda here around why don't you tag along?" "Sure, that'd be fun. I don't have class until Art 243 in a few hours anyway." Himiko responded before turning to Angela. "So what's your major?"

"Oh, just general studies for right now, I haven't made up my mind yet. What's yours?" Angela said as she was walking along the halls every now and then looking at the pictures of university professors and honored students.

"I'm a political science major, you know...future lawyer and what-not." Himiko said, "Kassandra over here is a comm major." Himiko had begun leading the group before spinning around, "Saa, where to Miranda?" Himiko asked as she walked backwards trying to keep pace with the group.

"Well, I was hoping you tell me because I'm still trying to get my bearings. This place is huge!!" Angela lied. She know what every entrance and hallway lead to after studying the building plans from the datapad early this morning.

Angela noticed that two guys were whispering farther down the hall looking in their direction. They were fairly average looking for students but they had a stalking manner about them. She observed that there was a datapad being passed between them. Keeping that in the back of her mind she continued her walk with the girls.

When they got closer she noticed a small bulge in the back of their waist bands. She tried to focus in on the bulge and immediatley noticed it was reminiscent of a knife silhouette. Angela went into semi-combat mode keeping track of their movement with their own.

The boys was keeping an eye on Kassandra and Himiko barely watching the new girl, Angela. They feel in a short distance behind the trio, keeping a slow but steady pace.

"Well, when's your next class and where?" Himiko asked. Kassandra looked over at Himiko, "Hey! We were going to grab a bite to eat, gosh give the girl a chance to breath alright?" Himiko laughed. Eventually the trio made it over to the student union and split up briefly to get food. When they all met and sat down Himiko had a bento bought from one of the convenience stores and Kassandra had a slice of pizza. "So, where is your next class?" Himiko asked before delving into the bento box.

"I believe it is in the 400 block building, but I may need breadcrumbs in order to find the right one. All the buildings look the same right." Angela said, before taking a slice of pizza from the box.

"Hahaha, I know what you mean. Directions around here would be hideously complicated. 'Turn left at the red brick building' 'Which one? They're all red brick!'" Himiko joked. "I have a class in there in a few hours, I could show you the way. What do you do for fun?" Himiko asked.

----
Nobutora looked up at Konpeki as he worked. "This will require equipment that is back at base. We still need to do something with Iro, will you be able to manage?" The Yamataian asked.

"So you need to take the data storage device and more importantly those files back to the Genei so that you can properly study them. So that means I will have to take care of Iro." Konpeki replied.

Nobutora nodded in reply, clearly preoccupied by the complex algorithms on the files. They weren't adapting, but it would still take some time for him to decrypt them and hanging around Iro wasn't helping his blood pressure.

Konpeki pondered her next objective. It would be advisable for us to get Otome into custody. If she has been infected by this weapon, then we need to get her into isolation so the medics can study her. If she isn't infected she could very well be a carrier. So either way capturing her eliminates her threat factor. Konpeki walked back over to Sukimade, "What role does your intern Jennifer Dyson have in this despicable act of treason?"

Sukimade ground his teeth in frustration, "Don't lecture me about treason. /This/ is revenge." Sukimade looked over at Nobutora, apparently trying to determine if he could lie or not. "She just did small jobs for me, that's all. Bits of code here and there, nothing more."

Konpeki took out her NSP and walked over to Sukimade and pressed the barrel of the weapon against his temple, "Save me your political claptrap. A bioweapon targetted against the soldiers of Yamatai is treason no matter what reason. Its my job to stop it, and you are going to help me, or else I have no reason to keep you alive."

"Of course, because bio-weapons that target civilians are perfectly legal! That's something we found out 2 years ago isn't it!?" Iro snarled. "I've told you what you asked, all she did was a few sections of code for me."

Konpeki withdrew the weapon and chuckled, "You should know better than to believe everything you hear in the news. So Dyson is of no value to me, I will leave her fate to your associates or mine. It is Otome that I want, and I have the perfect bait to get her you."

"My wife had no part in this!" Iro practically shouted, visibly trying to get out of his restraints. "Leave her alone, she's already in enough danger as it is without you picking her up."

"She has a very big part in this. You said and I quote Don't kid yourself, you can't protect her anymore than I can. Nobody is safe from this. That means she is either infected with your revenge weapon or she's a carrier. Either way she needs to be either captured or eliminated. I'm prepared to do which ever I have to. But I am inclined to capture her and let the med techs examine her....But that depends on how much she cares about you."

Iro laughed, "Well, I certainly can't stop you but let me summarize the results for you. They won't find anything." He responded. "You might want to be careful, if you threaten to kill me she might just go and call the cops. That'd put a pretty little knot in your operation now wouldn't it?" Iro replied.

"Threaten to kill you? Why would I use such an ineffective approach. No I will use something much more appropriate and something that will fit with the events at Novacorp. I will contact her and tell her that you have been injured. I will let her affection for you lead her to where I can get her. From your comments that our scans won't find anything I can only surmise that your collaborators plan to use her as a means of distributing this 'revenge' weapon of yours. And just from a philosophical stand point, killing people who had nothing to do with whatever it is you want to avenge, makes you no different than those you accuse of injustice."

"Heh, hardly. We're merely causing them to watch their creation go down the drain or die. Since the government has decided to grant them immunity for their crimes it is up to the people to judge them. Since we don't have massive fleets to fight slavishly loyal soldiers intent on protecting mass murderers from harm we decided to punish them differently, in a way that will leave them around to watch as their creation dies, just like our families did."

"And what if you are wrong? How may are you willing to kill for your revenge? Don't bother to answer, you'll just make me shoot you." Konpeki double checked the Sukimade's restraints. Then picked up an ICP. She stepped outside the shelter after ensuring there was no one around. She sent a quick status update,
Yamamoto-Hei is enroute to the Genei with data on the weapon. I am planning on capturing Otome Sukimade and bringing her to the shelter where we have Iro. Will need transportation to take both back to the ship. Eika-Hei

Konpeki then attached the ICP to the local infoweb, and ran a query on Otome, looking for her contact information. She also ran a query of medical facilities that she could use as the scene of abducting Otome. Lastly she ran a query to see if it was possible to access station internal cameras to try and get a location on Otome by image scan.

Konpeki didn't have to wait long for a reply from the shosa:

Understood. Don't let anyone see you, we've already had to bail one agent out of prison.

Konpeki's queries came back positively, there was a hospital a few blocks away from the NovaCorp HQ, as for the cameras most of the station cameras were owned and operated by NovaCorp, but there were some there. It would be possible to either directly hack them or to try and get access through SAINT.

About 20 minutes had passed since Konpeki's text to the Shosa before
suddenly the door to the bunker slid open revealing the Shosa with a
Yamataian and a Neko in civilian clothing. "Konpeki-Hei." Yoshiko said
as she shut the door via the control panel on the inside of the room.
"Nobutora-Hei has managed to decrypt part of those files, it doesn't
look good. I've been authorized to activate some of the ICOs for use
in the mission." Yoshiko nodded toward the two operatives. "We'll take
care of Iro, you get his wife. From what little work that Nobutora's
managed to get accomplished it looks like it's a virus built to target
Nekovalkyrja. It's not a biological virus though, it's a computer
virus. If she's infected then we need to get her off the street.
Unfortunately we don't know for sure how it spreads, but we suspect
telepathy is one way so you'll probably need to knock her unconcious
until we can get her to the Genei." Yoshiko turned toward Iro but
continued speaking. "We'll take care of him. There's a black sports
car with a Yamataian driver about a block from here. He'll be
assisting you in her extraction. Remember though, we're still trying
to keep this quiet." Yoshiko finished speaking. Though now it's
probably more to prevent people from finding out and panicking than it
is to keep the terrorists in the dark.

"Well, my intention is to lure her to a medical facility near NovaCorp
under the presence that her husband has been injured. So I will have
to subdue her before she actually enters the facility. Once I get to
the hospital I will acquire some medical clothing to blend in.
Stunning her with an NSP will not be viable, as it would create too
much attention. So I will see about acquiring a hypospray at the
hospital with a sedative. I shall approach her and once in close
proximity, sedate her and move her to the vehicle."

Yoshiko nodded. "Alright. Good luck, Konpeki-Hei. If it goes south let
me know and we'll pull what damage control we can." Yoshiko seemed a
little tense, after all a potential outbreak of an unknown virus with
no known cure could be problematic.

Konpeki gave a quick bow to the Shosa, "Hopefully she will not be
contagious." she said turning to leave. She kept her face neutral to
hide her concern. Okay, just focus on the mission, get the subject
by whatever means, worry about the consequences after.
She paused at the door to make sure no one was looking and then exited. She quickly made her way to the waiting vehicle. Once in the vehicle she instructed the driver as to their destination.

"Alright, let's get going to that next class!" Himiko said excitedly
before standing up and taking her tray over to the trash can. "You
ready, Angela?"'

The car was a slick black sportscar with black leather interiors and
looked quite expensive. "You got it." he replied before pulling out.
"I'm David, you are?" the man asked as they drove.

Angela followed suit and put her tray into the trashcan, and follow
the girls to the next building. With every building on campus basically the same, it was no wonder freshman gets last so easily. If it wasn't for Angela's memory of the layouts a couple days before she would be just as lost.

The pair of girls exited the student union and began their trek across
campus. "So, Angela what do you think of the military?" Sumai asked as
she led.

"Sorry, my name is Konpeki. I was thinking of the mission. When we
arrive at the hospital park near the hospital but not in the parking
deck. We will need an unobstructed departure path."

David grinned, "Are we going to be peeling out of there pretty quickly?" David asked.

Konpeki shook her head, "Depends on how the capture goes. If it goes quietly we will depart in a nondescript fashion. If it goes badly, then yes, we will need to leave post haste."

Sensing a ploy to find out what type of person she is she calmly said, " I was thinking about it after high school but decided to go to college instead. I mean I think like people yelling in my face." The trio passes other students coming and going to their classes in the cool autumn breeze. Angela so wish she wasn't working now.

A small chuckle escaped David's lips. "Well then, I suppose I hope this goes quietly. Though a little excitement wouldn't be too bad."

Konpeki smiled, "I believe I had enough excitement with the last vehicle operator, I could determine what moved faster, the vehicle or his mouth. However, given the way this operation has been
going, you will probably get your wish."

Suddenly Himiko stopped dead in her tracks and her eyes widened. The neko's hand flew to her mouth, covering it up for some unknown reason, shortly thereafter however the reason became quite clear as Himiko doubled over and emptied her stomach of her previous meal.

David remained quiet the rest of the way to the hospital. "Here we are Konpeki-san. I'll keep an ear out for you." David said as he pulled the car up next to a curb about a block away from the hospital. "Will this do?"

Konpeki took a moment to survey the area; "This will do, I will signal you via communicator when I am ready for pickup, and if you need to come to us or we will come to you." She slid out of the vehicle and quickly blended into the pedestrians walking down the sidewalk. She entered the hospital following a pair of employees. Once in the building she let them get a bit ahead of her, and followed them looking for the locker room where the medical personnel would change clothes. Once in the room she grabbed a pair of scrubs and found an empty row to change into the clothing.

As Konpeki was changing another woman entered the room. "Hey honey!" the woman said eying Konpeki. "You new around here?" the
woman asked as she started to change into scrubs herself.

Everybody around Himiko stepped clear of the vomit coming out of the young woman, to avoid the splash on their clothes. Angela asked Himiko was she feeling okay while she visually eyed the vomit for any chemical substances that would stand out in her programming.

Konpeki made sure that her removed clothes covered her weapon, "Yes, I just transfered in. I've got ER duty. You know how it goes, baptism of fire and blood."

Himiko heaved for a few more minutes after her stomach was empty. From what Angela could tell there was nothing wrong with the vomit other than the fact that it was vomit. "I" Himiko dry-heaved again before rolling onto her back on the ground. "I think I'll be okay." the neko said, breathing heavily. "It must have been something I ate." Passerby's glanced down with small amounts of surprise as they walked
past, though most just avoided the area because of its unappealing
smell and appearance.

"Ah, where'd you come from, if you don't mind my asking?" the woman finished putting on her scrubs and began to tie her hair up.

Konpeki recalled the search she had run earlier and chose one of the other hospitals listed. "I completed my residency at North Mercy General."

"Oh, that's a good hospital." the woman said before closing one of the lockers. "Have fun in the ER, I don't envy you."

Angela asked Himiko, "Is something the matter?". Angela knowing that Nekos don't usually get sick begin to ponder all the possiblities that could make her vomit like that.

Konpeki smiled warmly, "Thanks, I'm sure it will be okay. Perhaps we can have lunch sometime when our schedules coincide."

\"No, nothing." Himiko replied. "I just think I ate something that disagreed with me..." Himiko shivered a little as the cool autumn breeze gently ran over her skin. "I'm not feeling so good, maybe I should just skip class."

"Maybe we could, unfortunately I'm running late for my shift. See you later okay?" The woman headed out, waving as she left. "Sounds good," Konpeki said giving a wave. She then retrieved her equipment and placed it under the scrubs. Then she made her way out of the changing room and headed towards the ER. She looked for a communications stations from which she could make a call to Otome.

There was a nurse's station off to the right of the hallway Konpeki was walking down, further down the hall she could see some pay phones through the windows of doors leading to a waiting room.

Konpeki opted for the pay phones, as she would be less likely overheard making her call. She quickly punched in Otome's communication number and waited for an answer.

"Maybe we can go with you." Angela said , trying to find a way into the girls' lifestyle.

After a few rings a woman answers the phone. "Moshi moshi."

Besides I can always make up my class, my folks say that I'm pretty smart anyway.

"Is this Sukimade Otome?" Konpeki asked.

"I...I'll be okay." Himiko replied. "Don't worry about it. You go on ahead. You're new here so it'd be bad to miss class."

"Hai. Who is this?" Otome sounded surprised.

"Oh but I insist, I mean what are friends for anyway." Angela said. She tried to think of a backup plan in case her plan did not go as according o plan.

"Ma'am, my name is Okani, I work at Chiharu's Hand Hospital. I'm calling about your husband Sukimade Iro. There was an accident at his place of work and he has been brought to us. He's unconscious and we need you to come and give your consent to the doctors to treat him."

"Alright, if you insist." Himiko grudgingly agreed. Himiko shakily stood up before allowing Angela to escort her back to her home. "Arigatou." Himiko said telepathically.

There was a stunned silence on the other end of the line before Otome spoke again. "H-hai. I'm on my way in." the neko sounded quite upset about the perceived situation.

Yoshiko looked over the data again that Nobutora had provided. "Excuse me for a moment." Yoshiko said before walking off to a private location. About 10 minutes later the Nekovalkyrja came back. "We've had a change in mission parameters." Yoshiko announced before sitting down at a computer. "Nobutora-Hei, get into the NovaCorp system. You're access rights have been expanded temporarily. You need to find ourcontact and then head to his location and extract him immediately.
We've been ordered to nab the entire cell." Yoshiko said with some
degree of finality as her fingers flew across the keyboard.

After placing the call Konpeki made her way to the medicine cabinet in the ER to find a suitable drug to use to immobalize Otome. The trick of course was to find one strong enough to incapacitate quickly but not kill her.

Message to all operatives in field said:
Due to
recent developments all operatives are ordered to capture all members
of the terrorist cell. Be as discrete as possible as we lack military
force and do not wish to alert members of the cell to our actions
before they have all been captured. Additionally, all forms of
telepathic communications are restricted for all personnel as the cell has access to a potentially debilitating virus that is transmitted in that
manner."

Upon receiving the message Angela quickly began to ascertain methods of capturing Himiko an possibly her friend as well. She needed to find a way to contact Jime and fast.

Konpeki looked through the medical cabinet, sadly since
she lacked much medical training she wasn't quite sure what drugs
would do the trick.

“Understood, ma’am,” said Nobutora, already moving to prepare for his attack. The equipment he had collected before was still in place and it took only a few minutes to secure the hardwired router and firewall connections. Double-checking the connections, he nodded once in satisfaction and turned back toward the Shosa “I’m ready to begin, ma’am. I intend to proceed using maximum force to seize control of their systems. The attack will be obvious but it is our best chance to rapidly secure the data we require. With your permission?”

Himiko looked away as Angela's communicator chirped, once it was clear Angela was done reading the message Himiko looked back at Angela. "I-I think I'll be okay, but could you help me get to my next
class?" Himiko asked obviously looking for an armt o lean on.

Angela ask Hitomo, "Do you want to go somewhere to sit down and have a litttle water to wash out that awful taste?". Hopefully she can knock out both in private and stash them somewhere safely until evac or with assistance from Jime. "Are you sure you don't want anything?" Angela asked.

"Maybe a little something would be good." Himiko said, obviously not wanting to taste what was in her mouth too much.

Konpeki look around the medical center, Okay, the easiest way to solve this dilema is to find an intern and pose the question as a test. She looked around to find a suitable victim.

"Do what you need to." Yoshiko replied to Nobutora. "Worst comes to worst we say it was requisitioned for the sake of national security. Best case we brush it under the rug and they never know who did it."

She helped the girl up and scanned the area to see if her partner was close. She spotted Jime looking from one of the windows in the building. She pretend to message her mother and secretly told Jime to meet them in the other building.

'Victims' weren't too hard to find. Konpeki had seen several people with 'intern' stamped on their badge walking the halls. There was one at a nearby nurse's stand, one had just walked past her in the last hallway, and there was probably one next door.

Konpeki followed the intern who walked past her. In an authoritative voice, "Intern, come here." she called out with a serious expression on her face.

Jime skillfully closed her class with the next day's assignment and pack up her papers, keeping with the role of her disguise. She checked the time and proceeded to go the Literature Building across from the manicured lawn.

Angela recieved an affirmative message as she helped Himiko into the nearest building with the girl's armed wrapped around her shoulder, helping her move. After turning down a long hallway the pair came upon a drinking fountain positioned right next to a women's restroom.
Himiko motioned toward the drinking fountain as the pair approached it.

The intern froze and turned around slowly. "Ma'am?" the intern asked, clearly afraid of being repremanded for something he may or may not have done.

Angela carefully looked around making sure to spot any would be interferers or potential terrorist henchmen. And hoped that the plan will go to plan.

“Aye, ma’am.” Nobutora glanced briefly at the terminal screen he had pulled up and then resolutely hit ‘execute.’ The effects were innocuous enough on his side of the connection; data began trickling in and the attack program’s status updates began shifting. NovaCorps’s network reacted slightly differently. All logged on users were booted off, with monitors blanking or shutting down while full control of the network was given to Nobutora’s program. Sophisticated decryption and offensive
packages, backed by the weighty computational power of PANTHEON, began to burn through security and firewall layers. For the moment, the attack appeared to be successful and Nobutora sat back as analysis algorithms began to sift through the data now arriving in torrential streams.

Konpeki closed the gap, "I have an oral evaluation for you," She glanced at a clip board that she had picked up earlier. "A patient is brought into the facility. Patient is an NH-29 series and is emotionally distraught, which medications would be most effective to sedate the patient, what would the proper dosage be, and what risks are associated with each.."

Sastified that no one was within ear or eye shot. She carefully withdraw a tranquilizer needle from her backpack. As soon as Himiko took a sip of water, she presses it against the Nekos neck.

The intern pauses and draws in a breath before slowly listing several kinds of medications with effects from general sedation to rendering the subject unconcious. For the most part the side effects range from a light headache to a migraine upon waking up.

Konpeki nodded and appeared to make an annotation on the clipboard. "Very good, proceed to where you were going. " Konpeki then went to the medicine cabinet and quickly found the appropriate medicine, and loaded a hypospray. She then slipped it into her pocket and casually walked through the emergency room to the exit to wait for Otome.

Nobutora's search had mixed results. He easily located most members of the cell in real time, however there seemed to be no abnormal correspondance between any of them. Although, he did discover that while Daichi Koshiru piloted or was aboard ships belonging to Takahashi Shipping they repeatedly experienced breakdowns in deep space. Further search revealed that either Akio Todame or Seymoure Stonnigan were on duty whenever said broken down ship came into port.

The needle slid easily into Himiko's back. The young neko visibly jumped in pain as she felt it slide in, wrenching herself around to look at Angela. A look of pain and betrayal showed on her face as she pulled the needle out from her back, tears forming at her eyes. "Why?" suddenly the Nekovalkyrja collapsed, obviously unconcious.

Konpeki didn't have to wait very long. A car screeched up to the entrance of the hospital and a very visibly distraught Otome came running in with tears flowing from her eyes and headed straight for the reception desk. Sadly, this caused quite a bit of commotion and was turning more than a few heads.

As Himiko quickly subsided to the tranq, Angela said, "Just business". She smoothly caught the girl from falling to the floor and started to carry her to a carry her over to an empty classroom. She quickly scanned the area inside and placed the sleeping Neko in a chair with her head on the desk. Just in case someone happen to walk by, they would think she was just sleeping. Angela sent Yuki a message. "I need exfil, I have the package and is secure and uncompromised for the moment."

Konpeki made her way to intercept Otome, "Sukimade Otome." she called out in a loud voice. "A moment of your time."

Angela made a more detail recon of her surroundings, going back on the school grounds map she memorized. She looked out the windows looking for an avenue to stealthly carried the unconscious Neko out without drawing attention. She ever so often checked back on Himiko and the closed door.

With all of the immediately pertinent information already filtered out, Nobutora let the analysis systems continue on while he pulled up a separate search on the cell members and the contact. Using their last reported network access locations and across reference with law enforcement and intelligence databases, he tapped into local surveillance systems.

Waiting for the results to pop up, he turned back to the Shosa. “I have the information on the cell members, ma’am. I am running a search for visual confirmation of their locations as we speak. The rest of the attack can continue autonomously. With your permission, I will proceed to extract our contact once the secondary search is complete.”

Yuki's response came back quickly. Obviously the ship's AI had a bit of an advantage in terms of typing speed. "No units are available. You'll have to withdraw the package on your own. Recommend withdraw to primary or secondary base of operations."

Otome spun around, still emotional. "My h-h-husband? Is he okay!?" Otome asked still quite emotional,

"Hai. You have permission." Yoshiko responded, her fingers still flying as she activated 'sleeper' operatives and tasked them out. Nobutora had no problem getting visual on most of the cell members, and Yoshiko was assigning folks as fast as visuals were confirmed. Sadly, Koshiru was registered as being on a Takahashi ship at the moment, and Kunoichi Tanaka was nowhere to be found either. The system quickly
began tasking a search for his last known location but it could take a
significant amount of time. In the meantime, it had located both
Samuel Smith and Jonathan Henderson were identified as currently being at the Quick-E Eats where they were both employed.

Angela, swore silently to herself. Already knowing that it takes 10 minutes to get from the campus to the apartments, from her earlier jogs, she mentally prepared herself for the physical and mental challenge. Angela scooped up the neko and went out the side door of the Literature Building, beelining it to the next avenue. She smoothly played it off, so as not draw too much attention to them.

Konpeki gave a quick nod to Otome, "His condition is improved, but he is still in guarded condition. I will take you to see him in a minute." Konpeki placed a hand on Otome's shoulder in a reassuring manner. "Has your husband been exhibiting any unusual behavior over the past few days?" Konpeki removed her hand briefly and slipped it into her pocket. Using her sleight of hand she palmed the hypospray and waited for Otome to reply.

As soon as she reached the avenue, she flagged down a taxi and carry the girl into the waiting car and get in. "My friend had a rough day" Angela said, as the driver looked them over questioningly and dismissively turned back around. She gave him the address to the apartments.

Otome sniffled and shook her head no, using her hand to wipe a tear off of her face. "I don't think so." the neko said as she rubbed her eyes, slightly inflaming them. "What's wrong with him?" she asked looking into Konpeki's eyes.

As Angela dragged Himiko across the campus she got a few strange looks, but nobody approached her. Once she was in the safety
of the cab it didn't take long for the cab to arrive at the apartments. "That'll be 12.50KS ma'am." the drive said as he pulled up.

Nobutora grimaced at the failure to locate one of the cell members, but there was little he could do about it. Instead, he gathered up the field gear he had deposited near the door after returning from the interrogation and, checking his NSP once again, secured it all about his person. “Very well, ma’am. I will proceed to the Quick-E Eats.” Offering a brief bow, he turned and exited the room. Flagging down a cab posed little problem, though the concept of employing such mundane transportation on a clandestine mission amused him. Arriving momentarily outside the store, he quickly forked over the KS payment and proceeded inside, looking about firstly for the informant.

Spotting the man, Nobutora walked directly over. “Hello,” he began, looking for any signs of recognition in the man’s eyes. “I’m here about a computer network error. Could you direct me toward your manager?” Out of sight, his hand tightened around the grip of his NSP. There was too little time for subtlety.

Konpeki looked at Otome, "He collapsed at work, after saying something about 'their in my head'." While the young woman was distracted by her conversation, Konpeki pressed the hypospray against her arm and triggered the injector.

While driving back to the apartments, ever so often she checked to make sure they weren't being followed or boxed in. Shortly after they made it to their destination. She promptly paid and tip the driver and thank him for his services. "Come on, why made it home." Angela said keeping up the rouse. She pick the girl up and got out of the car, still keeping her senses sharp to her surroundings.

After a short trip up the elevator, she arrived to her apartment on the 12th floor and hurriedly put the neko on her bed. "So far so good" Angela said. She messaged Jime, how is it going with Kassandra? I'm already at the base of operations.

The man looked at Nobutora and only showed a very faint hint of recognition. "One second, let me call him." He picked up a phone near his register and talked for a few minutes before his manager showed up. "What can I help you with sir?" the manager asked leading Nobutora to his office.

Otome was so overwhelmed she didn't even feel the prick. Seconds later the girl fell forward into Angela's arms.

Konpeki held Otome so that it appeared she was consoling the woman while in fact she was holding her with one arm. She then used the other arm to activate her communicator and contacted her pickup, she then lifted the woman and made her way towards the curb.

There was no response from Jime. About five minutes later however Jime walked in with Kassandra close behind her. "Welcome to our place." Jime said as she shut the door.

As soon as the manager’s back was turned toward him, without saying a word Nobutora drew his NSP and triggered a stun round into the terrorist. He whirled about, NSP still at the ready as he checked the rest of his surroundings for immediate threats. Satisfied, he turned back toward the informant, lowering his weapon only slightly. “I know who you are and who this man is. I recommend you assist me with getting him into a vehicle right away. Do you own one?”

Konpeki's ride pulled up as she stepped up to the curb. Some folks looked at Otome with a small amount of sympathy for the woman's problem. Her ride's black slick black car pulled up to the curb.

Angela was just coming from the bathroom, when Jime come in the front door followed by Kassandra. Angela immediately seeing that her cover was blown with the unconscious neko on the bed, move with lightning quick precision and hit Kassandra on the side of the neck. The force of the blow was strong enough to render the neko unconscious but not too strong to kill her.

Konpeki made her to the car. Opened the door, and carefully put the unconscious woman into the back seat. She then got into the car and closed the door, "Start driving back to the shelter where Sukimade-San is being held. " She picked up her communicator "Yoshiko-Shosa, Otome has been acquired, do we have locations for any of the other cell members that need rounding up?"

Kassandra went down, definetly unconscious and probably with a concussion. "You didn't have to hit her so hard..." Jime said disapprovingly. Still the neko motioned for Angela to help her carry the Yamataian to the other bed. "We should probably report in to the Shosa and get further orders. I'll keep an eye on these two while you do that." Jime said indicating both Himiko and Kassandra. "How long has she been out?"

Angela shrug her shoulders, "I got over anxious at the thought of her sending a telepathic communication to her higher HQ." She helped Jime carry the Yamataian to the bed and laid her besides Himiko. Angela sent a coded message to the ship's avatar, "Both packages is secure at our base of operations, waiting on further orders"

Obviously someone is taking this threat a lot more seriously than before for them to want the entire cell captured. Konpeki thought. The only problem is grabbing the cell will only make the other groups go deeper underground, and we still do not really know who is funding all this. Oh well, that is for someone else to worry about.

Jime sighed. "You do realize that she's only a suspect by association right? She wasn't even listed in the data file that we got during our brief." A few seconds later Angela would receive a response from Yuki. "Bring both to the Genei, we'll keep them there until further notice. Make sure they both remain unconcious. As usual, you'll need to secure your own transportation."

"We have locations for our informant, his wife, and several others. We've been ordered to activate all active operatives in the area, even our sleeper agents. Most are being recovered, though we still have one major issue. There are a few of the terrorists that are unaccounted for. I'll be sending you what data we have on them, you'll need to see if you can locate and then capture them." Yoshiko responded. The attachment contained information about Lawson (the III) and Kunoichi who were both last seen entering a warehouse located in the shipping districts of Shita no Kohana roughly 5 hours ago. The information consisted of video evidence and location on a map of Shita no Kohana.

"You're right, but who knows the intel was said to be sketchy. She might be in the recruitment phase of the organization. Just being cautious." Angela said. But she know that she really wanted to hit somebody at least once during this whole operation. She notice that they was being contacted. To make up for her assault on the Yamataian she shared her communicator with Jime as the avatar spoke.

Jime frowned, she was obviously unhappy with this development. Unprofessional...as usual. the Neko thought unhappily. "Alright, got any ideas?"

"Well, first let's drop off this two" indicating to the two still forms on the bed, "and then recon the place first, they may have been alerted that something is happening. Especially when they began to notice their people are coming in missing." Angela quickly stowed the communicator. And begin to look out the window to look for a prime vehicle to hijack.

Konepki turned to the driver, "Change of plans, drop me off at this location, I need to perform surveillance on a warehouse for some possible players in this charade. You can drop Otome off with her husband."

He nodded taking the closest subterranean ramp available. "Alrighty." About 45 minutes later the car was about a block away from the warehouse. "Do you want me drop you off here or up front?" he asked.

"Alright, so how are we going to get them there, take the cab again?" Jime asked sarcastically.

"I've just spotted the perfect vehicle" Angela said spotting a black four door sedan, common to this world. The driver had just pulled up the alley beside their building, [/i] Probably a janitor. she thought.She grab her NSP off the counter and went downstairs to acquire the vehicle.

Konpeki looked at the location, "This will be satisfactory. I can make my way discretely to survey the location. While hopefully some backup will arrive." She opened the door and stepped out. "Good luck."

"Sounds like you're gonna need it more than I am. Catch ya later." the man said before pulling away, heading back toward the bunker.

Once she reached the ground floor she spotted a guy coming in through the side door and going into one of the rooms nearby. Angela walked outside on look around for any eyewitnesses and did a quick scan of the vehicle, inside and out. Noticing that the door was locked, she went back inside to "obtain" the keys. Breaking the windows would draw unnecessary attention to them while driving and hotwiring will not be fast enough.

It didn't take Konpeki long to make it the last block before she came to a massive warehouse block. The warehouse in question was easily located. Soon enough Konpeki found herself in sight of the front door. From a distance it looked like a normal steel door, not much special about it. There seemed to be a security camera, but judging by every other warehouse around it seemed like it was a pretty standard piece of equipment.

Konpeki found a position and activated her listening device, before approaching the building she wanted to ensure there was someone in there, and get an idea of how many people were present.

The inside of the warehouse was...quiet. At least that's all Konpeki could tell from the listening device. There didn't seem to be any noise at all going on inside it.

Konpeki removed the medical smock and using her natural holographic ability, changed her appearance to look like that of Otome including making the illusion of clothing like the woman was wearing. Once satisfied with her appearance she walked across the street, and walked up to he door. Just out curiousity she gave the door knob an experimental twist.

Angela approached the entrance that the Janitor had used, and found it to be locked. It looked like it was an employee entrance to the building.

The knob turned freely and the door offered no resistance. As Konpeki stepped through she entered into a full warehouse with stacks of boxes everywhere but still paths to walk. Lights in the warehouse were on, but there were no noises coming from within.

Konpeki sent a brief message to the Shosa, "Investigating warehouse, building unsecured, and no apparent sign of activity. Eika-Hei." Walk down a narrow pathway between the boxes, I do not think so. She looked at one of the stacks of boxes, and using her antigrav to assist she quickly scaled the crates, then proceeded to move across the tops of them looking for any sign of activity.

The warehouse was desolate. It looked like there hadn't been much movement throughout it. Though due to Konpeki being in the air she noticed a rather odd arrangement of crates. It looked as if they had been placed to obscure an area from view.

Upon noticing that she left her lockpicking tools in the apartment upstairs and not risking losing the vehicle, she pulled out her NSP and level it at the door Angela changed the setting and fired one burst into the doorknob, causing it to feel onto the floor and the foor swinging open slightly. She proceeded to go inside, where she found just the owner of the vehicle inside. She pointed her pistol in the man's general direstion and approached him. She asked "Hand over the keys to your vehicle, NOW!!! government business!!!" She gestured with her NSP to assert her seriousness of the situation.

The man could do nothing but comply as he shakily reached into his pockets and pulled out his keys and threw them to angela. "Please don't kill me." the man kept repeating.

Konpeki took several images with her SACOS and then made her way down to the ground. She cautiously approached the area, looking for trip wires, or any other simple trigger device that could be around the area. As she approachd she transmitted the images back to the Genei.

She quickly took the keys and was just about to turn and leave, when she picked up a discard piece of plastic and wrote a number down for the man to called to be reimburse for his services. "Call this number in two days to be reimburse, and thanks sir you did a good deed your empire"

The man, still shaking, took the number but never let his eyes leave her weapon. "O-O-Okay." he said shakily.

There were no tripwires, or lasers, or anything of that sort on the ground. Though there was something interesting. There seemed to be an edge in the floor, as Konpeki looked closer at it, it became obvious it was a trap door.

Angela went back outside to secure the vehicle and warm the engine. She pulled out her communicator, "Jime, I have secured a vehicle bring the captives and our equipment downstairs to the side entrance."

Noticing that Jime might need a hand, she quickly went to work on changing the pass number on the electronic locks. Once done she stood outside the car, waiting for Jime to arrive.

Jime made it down with Otome and placed her in the car and then retrieved Kassandra. "Our equipment iss not going to fit. It'll be better to leave it here for the time being." Jime replied before getting into the car.

Konpeki first examined the floor around the apparent opening to see if she could discern a pattern to movement in and or out of the doorway. She also started looking for something that could be used to open it. She looked around for any switches, figuring they might use a light switch to conceal the switch or some other switch in the area.

Jime slid into the drivers seat and started up the car. "Hop in." She told Angela.

Angela got in and check to make sure the captives was still knocked out.

It didn't seem like it was possible to see any movement underneath the door, there seemed to be a ledge of some kind that prevented that. After a little searching, Konpeki did manage to find a metal stoke that seemed to be just the right size to fit into the trapdoor.

Jime started the car up, and pulled off. The car had been driving for a few minutes before the distinct sound of sirens were heard in the background. "Tell me that's not for us." Jime said flatly.

"I sure as hope not" Angela replied. She looked in the sideview mirror to see if any local law enforcement were behind them. As an afterthought she search for something to cover up the unconcious pair in the backseat.

How quaint, a manual trap door... well hopefully a single Valkyrja can raise it with this bar. Konpeki thought, she carefully sliped the 'stoke' into the trap door.

Spying a couple of towels on the floor of the backseat she placed them over them as a blanket. For further precaution she placed her NSP within easy out of sight reach.

Unfortunately for the pair, it was for them. Two police cars became visible behind the black sedan, slowly gaining ground.

Konpeki applied downward pressure to the poker in an effort to raise the trapdoor enough to try to get a grip with her hands. Back up would be nice, I wonder what happened to Nobutora or those other recruits. With the lip raised she placed her foot on the bar to hold it in place while she attempted to lift the door with her arms.

Konpeki had no trouble at all lifting the door. The floor below the whole didn't appear to be that deep, just deep enough for an average person to walk without having to duck. From above it looked like it was a small passage that proceeded a little ways, as there was any light other than the light from the whole.

Once Konpeki got the door up, a message came from Yoshiko. "Unfortunately, we've got now backup available. Nobutora-Hei is still out on assignment, and Hitomo-Hei and Karasu-Hei are both en route to the Genei and it seems they have local law enforcement after them..." Came the messaged response. "As soon as we have additional agents available, they'll be sent to you."

Konpeki swore mentally, she braced the trap door with the stoke to ensure it would not fall down. This mission has been a real pain the ass. Well no option but to persevere. she thought. Pulling her NSP she switched on the lamp and angled it down the hole and cautiously looked where the beam illuminated, ready to stun anyone that happened to menace her.

"Go faster and lose them quickly we have no time to spare with legal actions", Angela said. She pulled up the GPS function in the car to help with the navigation. Afterwards she communicated with the avatar.
can you tap into the local law enforcement vehicles/ she asked the avatar.

The tunnel was about 100 meters long and fairly featureless. At the end of it there was a room, casting a dim glow into the tunnel. From what Konpeki could tell there was nobody there, this was confirmed more and more the closer she got to the room.

Jime accelerated in happy compliance. "It is something I'm capable of....why?" Yuki asked

"To get those under rated boys off our backs. I plan for you to scramble their communications to stop them from giving away our location, and if possible cutting off their engines, and locking their doors to prevent them taking potshots at us from behind and continuing this pursuit." Angela said still checking the sideview and the captives.

Konpeki continued down the passage, Damn it, 100 meters is far enough to take them into another building, why do I think they made a clean get away. she thought. Not willing to give up without trying she quickened her pace, stopping just short of the room, she scanned in with her Multi-Function Bracelet for life signs before stepping in.

The room was fairly simple, there were a few couches and another door on the left wall though there were no detectable lifesigns in the room itself, though the room next door seemed to have 2 lifesigns. . As Konpeki stepped in a sickening wave suddenly washed over the nekovalkyrja (feel free to interpret the extent to your hearts content.

"I'll do you one better. I'll have them pulled off." the AI replied. Seconds later one of the cars flipped off its lights and pulled away, the second car however remained on their tail.

Seeing that one of the cars had given up the pursuit and the second car still sticking in, Angela almost cursed the avatar. She thought about it, and send the avatar her thanks. She went back to concentrating on the task at hand.

Konpeki experience something new to her, as a violent wave of nausea wracked her body. Sadly the only thing in her stomach was the water she drank during the interrogation, and that was ejected forcibly from her body. After straightening she forced herself forward. If I'm infected nothing I can do about it, but try to complete my mission. She approached the door, fighting to maintain her balance and kicked it with her foot.

The door buckled under the force of Konpeki's kick and flew open, barely remaining on its hinges. As the door flew open two Yamataians, Kunoichi and Lawson III, were clearly visible and clearly surprised and began to scramble for something, something Konpeki couldn't see.

Turning her attention back to the passengers in the car, Angela noticed that Kassandra was beginning to stir. The Yamataian's eyes slowly flickered open, obviously confused and unaware of the other passengers in the car.

Not giving the people a chance to shoot at her, Konpeki fired a series of shots from her NSP in rapid succession hoping to take the two down. She know that given her current compromised condition her aim was not going to be precise.

Angela let down the window and pulled out her NSP. Changing the selector to burst she turned around and stuck her head out the window and she took aim the ever on coming car. She studied her aim and fired off four short bursts. Each burst found their marks; two aimed at both front tires, one to the radiator, and the last one slightly above the driver's head forcing him to duck behind the steering wheel.

"GO, GO, GO!!" Angela said, as the sedan quickly began to pull away from the disabled vehicle. She took her seat and check on their ETA to the Genei.

Konpeki's hail of fire took out Kunoichi and Lawson III just as another wave of nasuea rushed on her.

Angela's shots rang true and gave the vehicle precious time it needed to get closer to the Genei. Unfortunately it was still another 5 minutes away. Kassandra slowly sat up and looked around slowly starting to understand the situation in which she now found herself. Suddenly the Yamataian grabbed Angela's from behind and started to choke the Neko.

Konpeki tried to brace herself by grabbing the door frame but missed and fell to the floor. She lay there for a moment while her body betrayed her, and then when the worst of the wave passed, crawled over to where the two lay to see what they were trying for.

Across the room Konpeki found a control of some sort with several buttons on it. They were not labeled but Konpeki had managed to see what one had been pressed before being overcome with nausea. As she looked around there was a large case, with the letters DRACO printed on it, it appeared to have wires running in and out of it and was hooked up to a computer.

Angela relaxed her posture, falling back on her advanced training, and let her seat back as far as it will go. trapping the Yamataian in her seat. With Kassandra still maintaining a choke hold, she slid down the chair a little and push up with her legs driving the top of head under the chin of the Yamataian.

With her head swirling from the impact the girl lossened her hold. Angela falling the hold loosened quickly took the opportunity to swat her hands away with her free hand. She pivoted in her seat, took aim, change the selector to stun and shoot Kassandra.

Konpeki tried pressing the button that was pressed to see if it would reset, and pulled out her communicator.

When Konpeki pressed the button, another wave of nausea washed over her, this one was considerably weaker than the last one.

With Kassandra out cold and bleeding from a cut in her lip, Angela checked on Himiko again. Noticing that she was still out cold from the tranqs she fixed her chair and turned around to observe her surroundings for any more hostiles.

Kassandra's body suddenly went limp when hit by the blast, stunned and unconscious. Minutes later the sedan whipped to a stop at the loading ramp of the Genei, with a police force audibly behind them. "Hurry!" Jime shouted as she moved to the back and drug Himiko out of the car and started moving up the loading ramp of the genei.

Konpeki sat up to get a better look at the device, she sent a text to the Shosa, "Targets subdued... experiencing physiological problems. She then looked at how the wires connected to the computer to see if she could easily disconnect the device.

Angela got out and picked Kassandra, she quickly got up the loading ramp of the Genei just steps behind Jime.

As the pair of nekos climbed the ramp with their charges in tow the police skidded to a stop and exited their vehicles, arms drawn. "Halt!" the officers yelled in an authoritative voice.

The device hadn't changed any. Something on the computer screen however was moving around rapidly. Upon further inspection the wires seemed like they could be pulled out easily enough, though some of them seemed to be wired into the interior of the big box and they would need to be cut to be removed.

Angela hurried inside the ship. She found where the other captives where located and placed her charge next on the line up.

Konpeki disconnected the wires from the computer. Not wanting to damage it so that Nobutora could analyze it laster.

Spotting a Mindy M2-2A she don the deadly armor and prepare herself for what was coming next. After going through the system checks she felt integrated with the power armor, as if they were one. Walking to the edge of the ramp just out of visible range, she used the loudspeakers to say the horde of law enforcement on the docks, "Leave now and now one will get hurt, stay and I cannot guarantee you will live."

As Angela and Jime ran into the bay the police opened fire. Luckily both of the operatives managed to make it into the safety of the Genei before they were hit, the bay's forcefield protecting them from damage. The police ceased firing as they realized that they couldn't assail the craft without additional aide. Someone scurried to the main officer and their arms slowly fell just as Angela stepped out and made her threat.

The screen on the computer shut off as Konpeki pulled the cords off. "Hey! You okay? Okano-Shosa said you were down here and needed assistance." Came a male voice from behind Konpeki.

"I've got two of the terrorists unconscious, some unusual equipment. I am also suffering fron bouts of extreme nausea. Worst case scenario I've been infected with the weapon."

"Maybe we should get you back to the ship then." he suggested as he looked at the equipment. "I'll have some of my team get down here as soon as they can to clean this up." he replied, "but for now...do you know what kind of weapon?"

Konpeki turned to the person, "Not sure if that is advisable, at least without putting the rest of the crew at possible risk. They were working on a virus of some sort to disable Nekos, and after coming in here, I have been having severe disabling nausea."

Angela somehow feeling that she led the law enforcers to the ship, decided to keep watch at the ramp for more fellow operatives coming through and to deter any unwanted passengers who happened to work up the guts to board the Genei.

"Alright, if you insist." the man replied before looking at the scene. "Well, what do you recommend we do then?" he asked.

"Before taking me to the ship, best take me to the bunker where we are holding Ira and Otome. I can be checked out there, and depending on the results then return to the ship." Konpeki said.

Slowly but surely, the agents reported to the Genei with their precious cargo. They assisted in restraining most of the agents and keeping Himiko under sedation. Mysteriously the police moved aside to let the vehicles through and slowly started to thin out before eventually there were none left.

"If you're infections then moving you probably isn't the best idea, that'd be a lot of civilians that'd be exposed to it. Besides, I've already arranged for both Ira and Otome to be transferred to the Genei under Okano-Shosa's orders."

"Then bring someone with medical training here who can check me out."

As they time draw on, and the police began to lessened Angela relaxed her state. And went back inside the armor bay to remove her armor. She went to a work area afterward and started to began her after action review report.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back