• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP (non-canon): D&D Mission 1: Getting "Acquainted"

Eyes wide, Sorri takes another swing, this one bringing the staff down onto the goblin's head, back, or shoulders.

Just after the half-halfling sent her attack, Aurelus would send his own. "AAhhhh!!!" He'd send the sword tip thrusting at the goblin's torso, aiming to stab into it and kill it once and for all.

Damn goblins should've run while they could.

Talarin whipped his spear towards the final goblin. To make sure the goblin didn't survive he made a thrust at the goblin shortly after Aurelus swung his sword.

Denkou stood back up, straightening her back. Not a clue exactly what it was she did, but it worked like a charm! That said, she turned back into combat, taking a swing at the nearest goblin as soon as she could.

In a blur of motion, staffs crushed limbs, swords dismembered body parts, and spears punctured organs as all four attacks landed on the goblin, obliterating any chances it still had at life. The bloodied, barely recognizable pulp of a body dropped to the ground, in several different pieces.

Aurelus panted as he walked away from the group once the last goblin was mutilated. He slashed the sword in mid air, sending a splatter of goblin blood across the floor to clean his blade. Panting, fatigued, he turned around and looked at the corpses.

"Anyone know how the goblins got up here?! An' if they were up here all nigh', how come they di' in hear us comin' up?!" Really, you'd think they would've come down when the cleric got up to the balcony of the second floor, or that they would've heard Aurelus' loud voice talking to Sorri from the ground floor.

Sorri shrugged. "Well...they only had one spear," she noted. "They were all carrying these clubs." She looked over the edge. "The surprise attack would have been a better idea, since those two could probably have picked them off." The healer gestured at the wizard and sorcerer. "Or we could have thrown rocks at them."

The half-n-half (("Hahaha--!" *thwacked with a staff* "--ow...")) looked around at the group, but it seemed that only Denkou suffered any major damage. "Oh yeah!" She pulled out another small pouch and checked the contents. The powdered substance was what she wanted, so she took the skin that had the water that Aurelous didn't finish off in one drought, checked the water level, then measured out some of the powder and shook the result up to mix it thoroughly.

"Here, this should be a good pick-you-up," Sorri said with a helpful smile, offering the mixture to Aurelous. "You and...um...Tale-rin?" Sorri looked at the sorcerer. "Uh, you two can share, if you need it."

Talarin smiled, " Tal-a-rin" he said enuciating each syllable. "but you can call me Tal. Either way works for me." he accepted Sorri's gift. "I'm glad we had ya come along Mend. You sure live up to your namesake." he chuckled as Joanna popped her head out to look at Sorri. She flicked her tounge in Sorri's direction. It wasnt obvious to anyone whether the lizard remembered Sorri or if she even cared. After a moment's inspection she slide back into her warm pocket. During which time, Talarin was gazing around the room, apparently oblivious to the conversations around him.

As the party stands upon the balcony, the last of yellow and pink disappear from the sky as night finally takes over. A full moon can be seen on the horizon, the sound of wolves howling can be heard in the distance. For a moment, all is silent, leaving only the gentle breeze sweeping across the land.

Sorri smiled and nodded at the sorcerer. " 'Talarin'. Got it," she said. "And it's 'Mender'," she added with a nod. Glancing down, Sorri noticed her hands were shaking. She picked up her staff and held it tightly, trying to shake off the effects of post-fight adrenaline. "Um...it's getting pretty dark. I have a lantern, if we need it."

Aurelus just sighed out of frustration and shook his head. "Everyone alright?" It was important to assess their situation before continuing on. The sword was sheathed into it's scabbard at his hip, the shield was put behind his back.

"I've a torch, if ya need it!" The human fighter turned to look at their next obstacle, breathing hard from the previous rush of adrenaline he had gone through. The tower. It was already night time... and so far the disease was still not doing anything to them.

"Denkou, check fer traps 'fore we head in! I've a bad feelin' 'bout this last floor!"

Ghira uttered a few simple words, and a simple flame, like that of a candle, appeared above his hand, illuminating the room just a slight bit more.

"Well, I would suggest up, seeing as that is currently the most difficult place to reach." He replied to the other spellcaster.

"Well, how about we figure out where we're going, and then I'll start checking for traps. Oh, and this first room should be fine. Goblins aren't all that bright, you don't stick them in a room with traps in it if you want them to be around anywhere in the future." Denkou shrugged. "Just common sense, that. So lets get ourselves sorted out before I start risking my neck." That said, she still scanned the room, checking despite herself for anything out of place.

With the aide of Ghira's light the group was able to see their surroundings a little better. Two staircases at either end of the balcony led back to the second floor and a large wooden double-door led into the main complex. Along the balcony's railing were five piles of straw and ripped up pieces of burlap sacks that it appears were meant as the goblins' beds. Upon searching the area Denkou couldn't find anything out of the ordinary. However, Talarin did notice something odd about the makeshift beds, not necessarily a trap, but something was out of place.

Aurelus looked around the balcony. The beds the goblins made were clearly scattered around. He found himself at odds with Denkou's comment. "Denkou, th' goblins were sleepin' out here, I reckon. Look a' the beds out here on th' open. I doubt the lil' basterds were using the room over there for anythin'." Aurelus pointed at the double doors that lead into the third floor. He then pointed up at the tower.

"Climbin' this bit's gonna be way harder'n goin' in an' makin' our way up. I think we're gonna hafta make i' through them traps this time 'round. Even if we get ta climb i', we're still gonna hafta break th' window in to make it to the source!"

Aurelus looked up at the tower, wondering if they could proceed the same way they had with reaching the second floor: climbing up the outside. He searched for any indications of it being so. All the while, he was cursing himself in the head for not having brought his grappling hook.

Upon initial examination of the structure, Aurelus is thoroughly convinced that there isn't a creature in the world that could manage to climb its way up to the next floor and break through the window.

"Errr... right... Denkou, we're goin' in through the door 'ere." Aurelus looked back down. That tower was one of the sleekest, slipperiest, least grabbable of surfaces he'd ever seen in his life.

Denkuo sighed. "I realize both of those things. However, if the goblins hadn't been here, I would assume that there would be traps on this balcony as well, not just on the stairs. And I'm not sure climbing any more would be a good idea in any case. Some of us just aren't cut out like that." Moving decisively to next door way, she sighed yet again. "And why am I getting beat up constantly here? I vote someone else gets to play with the next set of doors. I'm getting all sorts of jumpy here." Nonetheless, she set about searching the door, and disarming anything she found there, picking the lock if necessary.

Upon searching the door, Denkou quickly discovered that there were no traps on the door, although the door appeared to be jammed and would take a considerable push to swing it open.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…