• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 1 Prologue] Regroup and Advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alia did a few short bows, one to each person in the room, as courtesy expected her to. She also noted that they were all her superiors, at least rank wise. All of this she tucked away for future reference. "I'm Tsukiki Alia-Santô hei. I have an interview with the Taii here soon i believe." She glanced at her chronometer again checking the time.

Hoshi Yukimura had slipped in about a fraction of a second before Alia had said the word "interview" and leaned up against the wall next to the door, thinking about the trip to the Star Fortress.

He then realized that the Neko was introducing herself to the crew of the Aeon. Another newbie like me? He wondered. He almost talked aloud, but his pensive nature stopped him. If he could avoid introductions in front of a large group, he would do it.

If not, he'd be called out -- which would be likely.

Hoshi began working on a small introduction "speech", just in case. It felt almost like school all over again.

At that moment two more people came into the lounge. The first was a Neko with straight brown hair. She was pushing a cart with an assortment of little sandwiches, and snack items. "Hi everyone, these are with the compliments of the Ikoi's chef. Something to nibble on while we wait for the Taii." Behind her a Yamataian male pushed a similar cart on which a couple of pitchers of drinks, and cups were place.

Sachi turned towards Hoshi, "Hello, I am Nami Sachi-Ittô Hei, the Aeon's cook. Who are you?"

Meanwhile Alia's communicator beeped.
To: Tsukiki Alia-Santô Hei
Subject: Interview

Tskukki-Hei,
I am current tied up in a meeting with Command. We will conduct your interview tomorrow morning. Meanwhile get to know the crew; after looking at your file I do not anticipate any problem during your interview.

Ise Katae-Taii

Alia glanced at her communicator and felt a burden lifted from her shoulders. "Well I guess I don't the interview until tomorrow. Sorry I was so antsy." She said while smiling and rubbing the back of her head with her hand. She happened to glance over at the hors-d'oeuvre and felt her stomach rumble. So she picked up several of the sandwiches and set them on her lap as she took a seat. After she had swallowed one she realized that she had forgotten her manners. She then turned beat red and slowed down eating the sandwiches.

Haruhi grabbed a sandwich as they passed her before she dropped herself down onto a vacant couch spot and threw her free arm over it's back and a leg over her opposite knee, evidently taking the informality of the setting to heart. “Since it's introductions I'm Haruhi, Santo Juni; recently transferred to the good ship Aeon to be her supply officer, armourer and master of arms,” Haruhi stated before she downed a small bite of her sandwich. “Stay out of trouble, bring back the things you take out of inventory, and keep me well bribed and we'll all get along just fine.”

The number of new crew coming aboard was a small cause for concern to the warrant officer, especially due to the small compliment the ship ran with. Hopefully the Taii was planning to spend time bedding in the crew as well as the ship in the upcoming days.

Taken by surprise, Hoshi merely blinked for a moment before answering the Aeon's cook with a small bow - and then to the rest of the room. "I am Yukimura Hoshi-Santô Hei. I'm new to the Aeon."

He shifted uncomfortably - he had spaced on his "speech". It was exactly like being in a new school again.

He didn't take any sandwiches, and leaned back up against the wall with a weak grin.

Eun-Kyung shook her head gently and smiled as the new starship operator - Tsukiki-hei, was it? - visibly checked her eating habits. In her own eyes Eun-Kyung hardly felt like an adult, but watching some of the nekovalkyrja she had run into always impressed upon her that she was, physical appearance aside, two decades older than most of them. Pushing her thoughts aside, she glanced around at the almost fully assembled crew. She might have worried about the apparent inexperience of most of the replacements, herself included, if it weren't for the obvious competence and confidence exuded by the returning crewmembers and the new supply warrant. With introductions apparently completed for the moment, she felt compelled to say something and, with a smile at Usaga, she rose from her seat.

"Hello, everyone. I'm Kim Eun-Kyung Shoi Kohosei, and I guess that makes me the senior officer present. But I don't want to give the impression I have delusions of grandeur. This ship is too small for anyone to play tin god. Those of us who are new to the fleet," she said, looking pointedly at the various Santo Hei newcomers, "will rely on those of you with more experience to point us in the right direction. At any rate, I personally am looking forward to serving aboard the Aeon and under Ise-Taii, and I hope that I can play my part aside all of you to make this cruise successful."

About thirty minutes later Ise-Taii walked into the lounge along with a long dark blue haired Nekovalkyrja. Once in the room Katae turned to her, “Thank you for making those deliveries Shina-Hei. The other commanders appreciated those supplies.” Shina-Hei bowed, “It was my pleasure Taii.” Kim made her way over to the other crew members, stopping to pick up a glass of tea.

Katae looked around the room. “Okay, I see all of you are present. I hope you have spent this time to get to know each other. I have a few announcements to make before we head out for dinner.” She turned to Haruhi, “Effective immediately no open entrance to a ship in the 7th Squadron will be left unguarded even at friendly ports. With all this talk of saboteurs, zombies and spies, I want to ensure our ships are protected. Haruhi-Juni I will leave assignment of guards as needed to you. Fortunately for the moment, we do not need to worry about the Aeon while she is in the repair bay.”

She paused to scan the faces of the crew. “No one travels alone unless they clear it with me. Until we have a better idea of what is going on, you should travel in groups of two or more. Stay alert and be mindful of your surroundings. Any questions before we head out for dinner?”

"Yes, ma'am," said Eun-Kyung. "Regarding the fleet-wide alert, are new crewmembers still expected to undergo medical screening, or have those provisions expired?" She didn't enjoy medical examinations, though their necessity in light of recent events made undergoing them a duty she would gladly abide. The thought brought a grim realization to the forefront of her mind: this cruise, at this stage of her career, was supposed to be about learning the responsibilities held by junior officers and how to assimilate into the active fleet. But the entire nation was on a war footing and the environment was not going to be conducive to mistakes, however otherwise understandable they might be from a Mid straight out of the Academy. She glanced at the other new additions to the crew, wondering whether or not they felt the same pressure.

Katae smiled at the midshipmen. “Actually Kim-Shoi Kohosei the examinations are still required for all new personnel. Taisho Yui has directed that any crew members that have been off-ship recently get a thorough physical exam. So as a matter of policy I will expect all personnel to be checked when they have been off ship. At least until we have a better understanding of this new Mishhuvurthyar bio-weapon.”

Katae looked around reading the expressions of the crew. “All of you know that things have changed, with the advent of this new war. I am sure that some of you may not have expected a war to come upon us. But regardless of that, we are at war, and the Aeon will do whatever is necessary to preserve the Empire. However for that to occur all of you must do your best. War or no I would not have selected you to serve aboard the Aeon if I did not think you had what it takes. All this war changes is the rate at which you may be called upon to take more responsibility.”

Katae paused and let her words sink in. “Tomorrow afternoon the ship’s repairs will be complete and we will start training. Any other questions?”

Alia had perked up when the Taii had entered the room. After she had bowed deeply, she listened intently and then raised her own question. "Ise-taii, Ma'am, I have two questions. First, I had an examination a month ago. Do I need to take a new one? Also I wanted you to know that I can't wait to be on board the Aeon, I heard she is bulkier then the old Sakura-class. Obviously I wanna see how she feels, so my second question is when do you think she will be ready?" Her voice had changed from the shy voice she used when she was around those she didn't know to the faster and more twangy casual voice she used when she talked about ships. The difference was obvious and easily notable to any in the room.

Katae looked at Alia it took her a moment to recognize the unfamiliar Valkyrja. “Tsukiki Alia-Santô Hei I presume. As for the matter of examinations, when we return to the Aeon everyone will undergo an examination by the new medical equipment being installed. Then everyone is going to have a mental backup performed. Three of the fatalities that we sustained on our last mission were permanent because they had no backups. We had just left port when we received word of the attack. I will not have that happen again.”

Didn’t I say that the repairs were going to be complete tomorrow afternoon? Katae thought. She sighed mentally, “The repairs are scheduled to be complete at 1500hrs, at which point we will go aboard. As for performance, the original Plumeria-class had flight performance comparable to the Sakura-Class. Though after her refit to the 1D, the Aeon has a greater STL capability for combat purposes. Any one else have any questions? If not, let’s head out to the restaurant.”

Haruhi perked up when Ise entered the room, when brass entered the room it usually meant preceeded a dampner on whatever festivities happened to be going on, and certainly enough this was shortly confirmed when the captain started to speak on matters of security. She gave a sage nod in acknowledgement of her task, not having anything to add to the subject at the present moment.

The captain's little pep-talk about war almost brought about a response from the armourer, though for the sake of the newly-reformed crew and the imminant prospect of dinner she held back. It wasn't the first time she had faced the Mishhu and parts of her had hoped that it would not be last, the axe she had carried all this time needed to be ground after all.

"So... your shout?" The ever pragmatic Haruhi deadpanned.

Katae paused a moment to decypher Haruhi's cryptic comment. I need to ask her what she said when we get to the restaraunt. she thought.

"For those of you that are new, it is a standing tradition aboard the Aeon that the dinner before we launch is on me. So I hope you are all hungry. Unfortunately being new to Virgo I had to resort to asking a few friends of mine for a recommendation. They recommend a steak and seafood place called The Seaside just in case we get separated. It is located about two klicks towards the core. Kim-Shoi Kohosei walk with me.” She said turning, and heading out of the lounge towards the airlock to the Star Fortress. Before exiting the airlock she did a quick check of her NSP, and then holstered it. She exited the airlock and started walking towards the slidewalk.

Alia glanced around the room and stood up and stretched her lithe body. She took a long look at each crew member as they walked out. She then lightly walked over to the shy young yamataian and said, "Yukimura-Hei would you like to walk with me to the restaurant? You and i seem to be the newest people here," she ended with a little wink.

Hoshi had been waiting to slip in as the last one out, thinking it was polite to the more experienced crew members, and that it would allow him to hopefully avoid some uncomfortable conversations. They had taken losses, who knew how they would react to a newbie like him?

That thought ran through his mind a half-second before Alia's offer to walk with him.

Taken aback, he looked at the blond Neko for a moment before replying.
"Uh... Sure, why not Tsukiki-Hei?" He said quietly with a weak smile.

He then began walking out the door, hoping he wouldn't get lost on the way to the restaurant.

"Aye, ma'am," replied Eun-Kyung. She sped up her pace, hurrying ahead to catch up. Nodding at the enlisted crew she passed, she arrived at the airlock in time to cycle through the airlock right behind her superior. Another moment of speeding forward later and she fell into step beside the Captain but remained silent. She wasn't sure about the purpose of the Taii's request and decided that waiting to speak until spoken to was likely the best choice.

Alia walked over closer to Hoshi. "So Yukimura-San, is this your first time on the Ikoi? Because if it is then you should have no fear of getting lost. I was born and raised here. I know this station better then the back of my hand." she said with her customary grin. Then she threw her arms behind her head and laced her fingers. "By the way you can call me Alia, my first name is kind of long and hard for some people to say."

"Yes, it is my first time on the Ikoi..." He blinked, wondering if the Neko had read his mind. "Though, I've been on stations before."

He turned his head to Alia when she told Hoshi to use her name. "Ah... Very well, Tsu-" He stopped himself for a half-second "Alia-san." Hoshi finished. "You can call me Hoshi, as well. I'm technically a Medic, but I can work in a Daisy or a Mindy." He blinked again. "I guess, I'm something of a Combat Medic."

"And you?" He questioned Alia.

"You are nervous aren't you?" She said while giving Hoshi a strange look. She then outlined her curves while saying, "I'm a girl, Hoshi San so call me Alia Misu or Ms. Alia but do not call me Alia San." She said playfully. "Oh and combat medic eh? Well I will soon be the Aeon's Starship Operator, or pilot in laymen terms. So I'll be on the bridge while your in medical bay. Speaking of which, no offense, but I'd rather not go under your knife if i don't have to. Heck you can't tell a man from a woman." She said with a sly wink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back