• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Genei Mission 1 - Prologue

It sounds like we have a plan? Earle thought grimly to himself, What plan was that? It still sounds like we're taking unnecessary risks for what should be a simple operation. He did get some amusement from Eika's childish attitude at calling them younglings. He was glad that he had annoyed her to that end. She'll be a top agent with reactions like that, he joked to himself as he took his elbows off the table and leaned back in his chair.

"If we're going to be hoofing this, we'll need bodies," Osaru advised, her eyes looking upward as if racking her brain for some piece of information. "I don't see needing ICO involvement since this shouldn't necessitate an extended stay. With a standard surveillance kit would should have all that we need. Any transmitting equipment will be traceable, whether we're sending it through induction coils or not. Think if it was a rogue cell we were up against and think if they'd be able to find and trace it. We might as well use standard equipment that way if some of it is found it will be possible to play it off as the work of some other non-SAINT group." Realizing that he was rambling a bit, Osaru adjusted herself in her seat again and looked around the table at her fellow operatives.

"The problem," Red finalized with a question for them, "of course, will be how we suddenly integrate four new faces into their daily lives without seeming suspicious?"

“Your suggestions sound reasonable, Osaru-hei,” said Nobutora. “I believe some initial analysis might provide us with an avenue for direct HUMINT source insertion.” He turned to face the Shosa. “Ma’am, I can begin immediately if given sufficient PANTHEON access permissions to monitor all networked communications. Beyond that, full-spectral detection equipment for interception of non-networked communications can allow us to fill in any holes. With complete or semi-complete communication and movement data, we can begin analysis directed towards the instigating organization.” He glanced at Adelle briefly before continuing. "I would still advise that we restrict PANTHEON to passive, indirect monitoring for the moment. At this stage, protecting operational integrity should be our primary concern."

"Why would we have to do that?" Konpeki asked "We can survey the building, observe their routine, and then enter the building during whatever period of time provides the best opportunity, install our surveillance and get out. As you implied the likelihood of getting all of us employed is unlikely."

Yoshiko listened to the group discuss a little longer before she signaled for silence. "Eika-Hei, you mention 'the building' where do you mean? Takahashi Shipping? NovaCorp? Both of them? I want to know what companies we're dabbling with before we go and do it. Yamamoto-Hei, I can get you the clearance you'll need for surveilance. It will take some time to get full clearance, but I'm sure you can make do with lower level stuff until that processes. As for the body problem, if that is an avenue you choose to pursue, it's always an issue. I see lots of possibilities though, they all work for different companies except the two students. It wouldn't be hard to have you hired into those companies, or have you 'accepted' as a university student.

Nonetheless, I want to know specifics of who we're tapping specifically, if we're sending agents undercover I want to know where they're going to be going and who they are planning on talking with if anyone. Once I get those answers we can move on." Yoshiko said to the group.

"Ma'am, I would suggest that if we are to install surveillance, we should start with Novacorp since that is where the primary suspects are employed."

Konpeki glanced back at her list and decided to just go ahead and submit it. She keyed the datapad to transmit it. Then she typed a brief note that she sent to the CIES.

To: CIES
Please arrange a private meeting for me with the Shosa at her earliest convenience.

Eika-Hei.

"Very Well." The CIES responded to Eika telepathically before alerting Yoshiko. "She'll meet you in her quarters after the briefing."

"Alright, I'll have access to PANTHEON made available to you by arrival. You'll have limited access to NovaCorp computers. As NovaCorp is a major Yamataian corporation your actions will be heavily monitored while accessing their systems. If that's it, I'll have the gear you'll need available on site. You can spend the rest of the time preparing for the op." Yoshiko responded.

Konpeki flinched a bit in surprise at the CIES telepathic response. Thank you. she sent telepathically. And then continued to listen to the Shosa's discussion.

"If I might ask, ma'am, will we be moving to a ground-side operations center, or will the ship remain as the primary hub?" asked Nobutora. "If we are to remain on the ship, I will, with your permission of course, begin setting up the systems for proper data partitioning and analysis."

"The Genei will be undergoing a small refit, during this operation. Therefore, everything will be handled off-site, which means you'll unfortunately have to handle most of the setup and partitioning when you arrive. You'll receive information on arrival concerning rooming and equipment." Yoshiko said before turning. "If there's anything else, feel free to approach me during the trip, there's a few matters that I need to attend to right now." Yoshiko said before waiting to make sure everyone was okay with that and leaving. Rooms to book, clearances to obtain, my my lots of work to do. Then there's this... Yoshiko thought as she walked off.

((If there are any questions, feel free to ask them in the ooc. I'm trying to get us moving (my fault we slowed down). New thread is: here.))

RPG-D RPGfix
Back