Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Miharu Mission 1 "REAR GUARD", Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
He shook his head, "There is currently no power, actually from the look of things though this Yui is scuttled for now. Didn't seem like our pods or any volatile weapons blew up in their bays so that's probably a good sign if any of the other ships need rearmaments. I'm guessing that the emergency beacon's the only thing with power."

He looked about and let go of the corner to float in the direction that Asher was, "I am moving towards Westwood-Hei's location. Evac would be easier in one centralized location, at least for us. Any other survivors would have to be scoured for." he finished as he floated down the corridor.

Yukari shook her head. "Negative, Nishimura-Hei. Please remain where you are for now. You and Westwood-Hei will be retrieved by our team individually while others search for operational munitions. Over."

Munitions ... "Westwood-Hei, copy please," she said, focusing on a small part of the ship near where he was.

Asher was still lost in thought, reassuring himself that everything was good.

"Yeah... I made the right choice." Asher smiled behind the cover of his helmet.

Sazuka Yukari said:
"Westwood-Hei, copy please."

"Yes ma-"

BANG!

Ashers head nailed the wall again as he quickly raised his head to answer. He began grunt and shake his head.

"Dammit! I sw-..." Asher stopped, realising he was still on the channel.

"Um, yes ma'am, this is Asher Westwood. Still in position and awaiting further orders." He said trying to wash off the embarassment.

Yukari blinked, but let the moment pass. "Copy. If you are in range of the armory, please examine it. Our recovery team will be bringing transports for spare ammunition and supplies as necessary."

"Yes ma'am, but it may take me a while, I passed that a long way back from the shuttle bay." Asher replied on the channel. He turned and headed back towards the sternward lift he passed earlier. The path to the lift was much easier to reach since he had cleared through earlier.

Reaching the lift, Asher found it slightly operational, its lights blinked on and off. He opened the door, and found a woman in a AMES suit who looked dead on the floor. He stepped past her and pressed the button go down.

"Damn, everywhere I turn, there's a dead person..." Asher said, the door then opened and he began to walk out.

"Burghl..." gurgled the woman on the floor, her hand moved a little bit, then stopped. Asher spinned on a dime, and was down on the floor to see if she was okay.

"Hey! Are you okay? I'm Santô Hei Asher Orkin Westwood." Asher said, the woman only moved a little. She must have been in the lift the time of the attack, and probably was knocked around so much she lost consciousness.

"Blgh..." She replied in her unintelligible speak.

"Oh boy... Well, at least me and Rys aren't the only people to survive." Asher said, slinging her over his shoulder. He continued on his path to the armory, glad that he had found another person, even if she was barely conscious.

Finally, he had reached the Armory and opened the door, a few dead bodies were floating among the area. The Shikaku's weaponry supply was rather fresh, the ship didn't last long against it's enemy. He checked around for the munitions, and found most of them intact. The ship would have probably had gone up if it were hit. Something else caught his eye, he saw a man leaning over the torpedoes in AMES suit.

"Hey! Are you okay?" Asher said, rushing over, keeping the woman over his shoulder. The man didn't seem to move, so Asher crept closer.

"Hey... Are you..." Asher grabbed the mans shoulder and turned him over.

"SON OF A BITCH!" Asher yelled, floating back a little. The man had his face piled in by the edge of the object he was leaning on during the attack. The glass on his helmet was cracked and pushed in, along with his bloody face.

Asher shook his head and returned to the lift, shaking the woman every once in a while to make sure she was alive. She would usually reply with a moan or a twitch. When he had arrived back at the center point of the ship, he decided it was time to report in what he had found. He put the woman down against a wall, sat next to her and called in.

"This is Santô Hei Asher Orkin Westwood, the Armory is fairly intact, full of munitions and...er... bodies..." Asher stoped, cleared his throat and continued on. "I also found another survivor, she was about half-conscious in an elevator, likely some head trauma, but I'm no doctor."

The woman Asher had found suddenly began to trash, froth coming to her lips as she gurgled in a frenzy. Thanks to her relatively slim environmental suit, he could tell her chest was swelling in places. A lot.

<center>* * *</center>

Miharu gave a notice to Miyoko, Masako and Leutre that Claymere-Juni wished them to come suit up for an extra-vehicular mission in the power armor bays. Both sprite twins left the fold drive for Tom to atend to and went to the power armor bay themselves to outfit the Daisies as the tactical officer had requested.

"Claymere-Juni, we have no suitable container for carrying torpedoes around," the Miharu told him. "You will likely have to manually extract them from the Shikaku and transfer them either to the bays temporarely or hotload them in the torpedo tubes for the loading arms to pick up and store back in the storage racks. Alternatively, there is a hatch on the underside of the module which can be opened to load the torpedoes manually in the compartment."

Yukari frowned; tracking people by communication alone was becoming annoying. She updated Asher's position. "Copy, Westwood-Hei -- our team will include medical supplies in their loadout," she said, relaying the information to Miyoko via text panel.

"Hei-sans -- please switch your individual emergency beacons to pulse every three seconds. It will allow me to track you better. Westwood-Hei, if you are able, you can attempt to join Nishimura-Hei. Do not transport any injured survivors any further; it could worsen their condition. Over."

"If there's nothing suitable then we'll try off loading them from the bay. Can you pick up the torpedoes with the graviton beams while we off load them and tow them back here?" Nyton asked while he listened to Yukari's updates and walked. He made a quick inventory of what he was carrying on his person. Damn, that's right I'm still way out of uniform. "Miharu, remind Kurohoshi, Veressis, and Saito to be fully dressed as well as armed. I'm probably not the only one half dressed. This is still a hot zone so we haven't really secured anything. Is my room safe to approach or did it suffer heavy damage along with the room next to it?" he asked with a slight sigh.

Rys returned to where he was waiting. He had already sent the dead bodies down the access tunnels so he wouldn't have to watch them or see them. He waited there, his beacon now pulsing every three seconds as requested.

Otherwise he did not speak, however he kept his hand upon the holstered sidearm. He never heard of the YSS Miharu so he felt it best to be wary, it could be a Mishhu trap after all.

"You need to get naked to board a Daisy power armor anyways." MEGAMI pointed out to Nyton. "Vestments in zero-G should really be your last concern. As for the graviton beam, I would not recommend it. Handling the torpedoes by hand would be safer: those are aetheric warheads, after all."

There was a pause and then the ship added: "Your room is fine."

Miyoko replied briefly to the two messages she'd received, signalling her understanding of the orders, before sending a message of her own as she stepped into the Hoshi's medlab to grab a few supplies she suspected she might need. "Miharu, please ask Veressis-hei to wait for me by the entrance to the armor bay. I'd like to talk to him briefly."

Escaped the total destruction of a star system, treated one patient with another coming, aided in the destruction of a few ships, and now I'm off to loot explosives from a hulk in space. Busy day.

Breakfast was really starting to sound good.

Sazuka Yukari said:
"Hei-sans -- please switch your individual emergency beacons to pulse every three seconds. It will allow me to track you better. Westwood-Hei, if you are able, you can attempt to join Nishimura-Hei. Do not transport any injured survivors any further; it could worsen their condition. Over."
This communication floated over Ashers mind as something rather strange was happening.

Asher was looking at the woman as her chest swelled, when she began to thrash around he stood up and moved to the other side of the opening. He needed to find out what was going on...

"This is Santô Hei Asher Orkin Westwood, something's wrong with this survivor! I don't think it's head truama anymore, she seems to be gurgling more than usual, she's even thrashing around! and... her chest... er... Is swelling, I think you need to hurry up this rescue!" Asher picked up his rifle, the woman looked like she was going to explode or something.

Leutre looked up from the monitoring console has he received the messages. Armed? Dressed? Head to the Armor bay? He looked down at the AMES he was wearing and blinked. Taking a moment to shrug out of suit and dump it on the deck, he made his way to the main passageway.

'Why would I need to go to the power armor bays, and why armed? Isn't the battle over?' He pondered as he walked. Wait a minute. If they were suiting up to leave the ship, it could only mean an opportunity to... "Salvage!" He squealed with delight and broke into a quick jog. "With a battle like this there has to be billions of credits worth of loot out there! Oooh, I can't wait!"

In his excitement he had nearly nearly forgot Miyoko's message, but recalled it at the last minute. He came to a stop as he reached the entrance and leaned against the wall. Leutre couldn't help but laugh loudly in joy as visions of salvage and loot dancing through his head. 'I haven't been this excited since picking through my first pirate kill. Oh I hope the others won't take too long.'

Kotori's golden eyes narrowed. "Yukari, tell this Westwood person to draw his service pistol, set it to grenade burst mode, to stand clear from the trashing woman and fire three shots in her middle."

"Nani?" Masako mumbled as she turned her head back and listened to the message. "Armed Rescue and Salvage Operation, ne? In Daisys?" the young warrant officer blinked before sighing. "I guess recalibrating the Hoshi's CFS unit will have to wait." she mumbled before heading back. She wasn't very far from the Power Armor Bays. In fact, it was only a few meters to the Power Armor Bays from her last position.

"Miharu-san....with the majority of the personnel away, wouldn't it be prudent to create more sprites for internal repair and security efforts?" the warrant officer asked as she crossed into the Miharu and turned towards the starboard Power Armor Bay, passing through the armory as she did.

"There is still a deal of work to be done and with our current situation, it would be wise to be ready for anything."

Can't use gravitron rays? Guess we'll just have to grunt work it. Nyton thought. When Miharu reminded him of the Daisy's suit requirements he mentally sighed. "That's right. I'm so used to PHALANX's I forgot this one requires me to strip." he said. He continued to move towards the Armor Bay until he heard the feed from the communication updates about the woman's condition. What!? Shit, sounds like Mishhu infiltration. he thought and began to run to the bay. "Miharu, let the others know that this is no longer just a rescue and salvage but possible enemy neutralization mission as well. I want them at the bay immediately, we launch as soon as we're ready." he said and had begun to unbutton his shirt as he dashed.

"I will need a couple more hours to complete Hinoto in the Hoshi's medical room," the ship (the Hoshi? there didn't seem to be much of a difference) replied to Masako. "Further creation of personnel is something you should bring up to the executive officer; she is in charge of personnel management."

<center>* * *</center>

"Understood, Claymere-Juni," came the computer's reply to Nyton before she transmitted the message to Leutre, Miyoko and not Masako since the latter would have overheard anyways.

"Hai, arigato, Miharu-san," Masako replied before stalling slightly at the report of a possible Mishu infiltration. Her first and last combat with SMX had been nearly a year and a half ago, which had ended with a desperate and successful attempt to escape by holding their ship hostage. The fact that they were about to go out in Daisies against this threat when she and the other enlisted man with her had barely halted an ambush with a Mindy E and a Kylie made the warrant officer pensive about the upcoming sortie. She half wanted to tell Miharu to prepare a Mindy II for sortie, but the fact that they only had a handful of them aboard made her sit on that panicked thought. A Daisy would be fine if they weren't going up against Mishu pods.

Finally down in the Power Armor Bay proper, Masako began to strip herself of her AMES and sleeping attire to begin suiting herself up in one of the prepared Daisies. As she did, Masako sent a telepathic message to Yukari. "Suzuka-Chui, I'd like to suggest the creation of a small force of sprites to provide Freeman-Heisho with an appropriate work force while the majority of our personnel is attending to business. I would also like some of those sprites prepared for internal security efforts...with problems happening over at the GSS Shikaku I think it would be wise to be prepared for the worse."

The word stung within Yukari's brain. Occasionally torpedoes carry eggs ...

Mishhuvurthyar!

Yukari worked quickly. "Westwood-Hei, listen carefully. Set your NSP to grenade effect and step at least five meters away from the injured woman. Put three rounds into the area that is swelling. Do you understand? Three rounds, center of the swelling mass."

"Yukari, have the Miharu close in within four-hundred meters of the Shikaku with her starboard power armor bay facing the opened hull section of the destroyer." Kotori looked back at her instrumentation and added: "I'd like you to expand our CFS bubble - make sure to turn the scalar field off - and prepare another interphase inversion pulse."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back