• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 10.1] Finding Freedom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Engineering

"That works for me." Kumiko tapped herself into a console of her own, getting back into the systems. "If you guys need more volunteers, let me know and I'll come, but for now, I'll stay here. We should probably keep someone home, just in case we have to get out of here in a hurry." That said, she started checking the systems on her own, starting protocols to keep the systems running warm at the very least.

Voe had been in a damaged portion of the ship, so the Taisa's orders had gotten to her rather late, so she decided to volunteer herself for not getting to this sooner. With the help of Charisma, the officer was able to pick out some names from the crew to be part of the search team.

Code:
Kumiko-Hei, Nayacesen-Hei, and Konoka-Hei, this is Rascoe-Shoi. Please report to the cargo bay if you can. I will be heading their myself shortly. I'm sure that you have just heard Jalen-Juni over the intercom, and I apologize for the short notice.

After sending her message, Voe made her way back to the cargo bay. The Geshrin had only been on the Eucharis for a few moments it seemed, and she was already familiar with the ship's maintenance conduits... How quaint.

Near Recreational Area

Takeyu bid the Shosa a farewell, and started making his way to the cargobay. Along the way though, he started to worry about a certain thing the Taisa had said, and a concerned look spread on his face.

As he ran; he decided to send off a quick question to the Shoi, even though he was originally going to wait - that nagging feeling in the back of his head was getting to him.

Code:
Shoi, if it's ok for me to ask. Do you want me to get out of my power armor? It won't take me to long if you want

The Eucharis burst out of the clouds and into the night as it outran the sunlight. The ride became smooth.

"We are clear of the storm and will be passing over the drop zone momentarily." Hanako announced over the intercom. "Sune and Voe: please send me a list of the search team. SAINT indicates that the NMX has aether detection capabilities here, so keep that in mind as you finalize your loadouts."

"You should go with them," Hanako told Helen. "See if you can make contact with the SAINT agent there."

After Hanako spoke, Helen climbed out of her seat before giving a short bow to Hanako. "Yes Taisa, I will head down to the cargo bay, after a short stop through the ship's armory if you would grant access. I am a bit under equipped, since most of my gear was left on the shuttle."

With that, Helen departed from the bridge and made her way through the ship again, headed for the Eucharis' armory. Once there, she keyed in her identification and entered the chamber, where she began to throw together a basic equipment load-out for such an occasion. Mainly she focused upon wanting to maintain as low of a profile as possible, and with the matter of aether detection in mind, she also figured that some of the most recent small arms would be a detection risk, with that in mind, she made her selections. As she picked out her gear she reached into a hemosyntheticly produced pocket on her thigh and pulled a Lorath Handcannon from it, which she dug up ammunition for.

As she left the armory, feeling quite nice to be wearing an actual uniform, she made a note in the MEGAMI as to what equipment she checked out, just so she could possibly be billed later in the event of misplacing anything of special value.

Shortly after she left the armory, Helen arrived in the cargo bay where she let out a soft whistle at the disarray that the area was in, unaware of just how bad it was before it had been repaired, as she surveyed the cargo hold she knelt down and picked up a ration package which was thrown from one of the crates, then went about opening it and eating it rather quickly as she waited for the other rescue team members to show up. Aside from eating while waiting, Helen also went about gathering a few supplies from the crates. Most notably, she took it upon herself to pick and choose equipment from a Type 31 Survival Kit, mostly discarding the 'health related' equipment... though she did tie the bandanna upon her head to keep her hair out of the way.

By the time she was done gearing up, she had started eating yet another ration package as she prepared her energy-hungry body for the mission ahead. As she ate the food, she mused on the notions of the differences between Star Army of Yamatai, and Lorath Self Defense Force supplies, knowing that if the old alliance would have maintained, both groups would have had a lot to gain... though, she was quite happy to be eating from a ration package that did not involve "meat-paste".

Once she had arrived at the cargo bay, the supply officer heard Hanako's announcement. Though grateful for the finally smooth ride, she knew it was merely the calm before the storm. Voe thought for a moment before replying to Takeyu's message and then sent a message to both Hanako and Sune.

Code:
I'd say keep it on. We may need the firepower if things get out of hand.

Code:
Ketsurui-Taisa and Jalen-Juni, Rascoe-Shoi here. I have assigned Kumiko-Hei, Nayacesen-Hei, Konoka-Hei, and myself to the search team. We are gathering at the cargo bay.

Near Recreational Area

Takeyu nodded; but then he had to ask himself: Was the Shoi aware that the Mindys were powered by an Atheric Generator? She had to know, she was an officer after all and several pay grades higher than him so she 'had' to have known - but then again - it was 'always' possible to forget those things.

Code:
Roger that ma'am, but I need to remind you that the power armor is powered by an Aetheric Generator, so there might be a risk that it'll get picked up. Regardless, if you stil want me to use it, then what modules do you want me to equip? I'm presently equiped with the Ke-M2-G3001 Leg Capacitor, and Ke-M2-P3000 Power Armor Teleportation Unit.

Voe replied to Takeyu almost immediately. She hoped that her plan could work, but she had never met the man before, so there was risk of Takeyu not being up for the challenge.

Code:
Takeyu-Hei, if you think you're up for it, you may turn off your Aether Generator. It'll put a strain on your body, but I'm sure that you can handle it. As for a module... well, see what you can carry without your generator and go with that. The rest of us will probably be in AMES suits, so you will be our muscle if we need it.

Yaichiro acknowledged the departure of the Technicians, and routed the ship's internal power to favor the Lorath-made and still functional fusion generators. They wouldn't lock out the Aether Generators if needed, but the ship needn't draw power from those generators constantly once they landed, and they'd be harder to detect. Yaichiro had always favored fusion power for stealthy operations.

The trio of Mobile Spanner Drones, which had secured themselves in the cargo bay for the re-entry, reactivated and freed themselves from their restraints. They began to resume repairs, two leaving the cargo bay. One headed for the passageway near the bridge, while the other headed to the Wardroom. Yaichiro worked to monitor the various hull breaches, so no one could enter covertly...he also checked with Charisma to make sure the prisoners were still secure.

Bridge

Sune made a mental note of the personnel who were going on the rescue, though he was still uncertain how they were going to parachute down. He considered the remaining personnel, and what they could do to assist. We need to locate, liberate and evacuate any prisoners. What do we have that can assist on the first? He thought, then pulled up the ship's inventory.

He turned his chair to face Hanako, "Taisa, since the rescue team is in the cargo bay. I recommend that we have them prepare and launch two of the Aerial VCMAD configured with the Whisper and Sky-Eye modules. They will allow us to conduct a search grid from the air. They do not use aether and their carbon composite construction will make them invisible to RADAR. And we will be able to locate any Mishhu patrols by their emissions."

Power Armor Bay

Takeyu stopped in his tracks. D-did I just hear her say to 'turn off' the generator? he asked himself and had to nod. Oh dear... this is one heck of a way to get exercise, he let out a sigh and turned the generator off right there so that he could get used to it.

The difference was immense. Without the generator, he had to actually use his own strength to move the armor, plus he now lacked some of the extra sights the armor gave, such as sensors and such. He would have to rely entirely on his own sight and hearing, and on those around him, but then again - it wasn't like he was completely naked. The armor itself didn't need the generator to really protect him, but it would be harder for him to utilize anything that needed it.

With that in mind he huffed it to the power armor bay; entering into it he walked up to the selection of modules and started checking which of them needed the actual generators and which didn't. Though he knew with the generator off - the capacitor and teleportation unit were effectively dead weight but regardless he decided to keep them - just in case things went sour, but he did make certain they were actually 'off'

He then migrated over to the dorsal rack and equiped a Ke-M2-W3000 General Equipment Pack. Though the Shoi did say he was their muscle, with that the case he walked over to a weapons rack and scanned the available weapons and picked out the standard service pistol. He would've picked up the service rifle, but having that fire might draw to much attention.

Instead, Takeyu picked up the Aether Beam Sabre Rifle, his intention was to just use the bladed part - and utilize the service pistol for distance kills if needed. Though the blade didn't have an edge to it, as he discovered, all it would take was enough force and it would still go through a person's body and do enough damage to kill, or otherwise incapacitate the person. With that he put the weapon in his equipment bag for later use and took one last look at the weapons.

"Nothing eles to equip, pretty much everything requires the generator in some fashion or another," said Takeyu thoughtfully as he rubbed his chin, or rather, the area of his helmet that covered his chin.

He pocketed the service pistol; he would rely almost entirely on either that or his fists if it came to it.

Takeyu headed out of the armor bay and quickly descended down to the cargo bay deck, and into the bay itself. It was obvious his generator was off, and by now Takeyu was already getting used to that fact.

Kumiko shrugged, and made her way to the cargo bay. She'd intended to stay behind, monitor the systems, but presumably Voe had already thought this through, so no point in wasting time.

Code:
Yaichiro-Shosa
I'm being called to join the landing team again. I've already got a few programs in place to keep the systems running warm, but if you could keep an eye on everything and make sure it doesn't put the ship in danger of being detected, I'd appreciate it.
Kumiko-Hei

She walked into the cargo bay, still in her AMES suit from earlier, and looked around to see how many people were going to be coming along.

When Helen saw Takeyu descend into the cargo bay, clad in a semi-useless power armor, she could not help but to face-palm before she walked over to the armor clad figure, grasping onto the underside of the helmet of the armor and holding it firmly. "What do you think you're doing?" She asked firmly, while giving the pilot within a scowl. "You're going to be dead-weight with this thing on you and unpowered. You'd be better off in a standard uniform with a cargo container lid strapped to your chest! Either rig up a battery pack, or get out of that damned thing. You don't need the temptation to turn on an aether generator if we get in a bind, just to have the NMX get a fix on us." With that, she released the helmet and continued to scowl, waiting for the pilot to ditch the dead-weight and do something useful, such as grab a survival kit and uniform.

Cargo Bay

Takeyu thought on Helens words; she had a valid point and her concern was genuine. He hadn't at all thought about rigging up a battery pack, possibly because he hadn't seen anyone else do it before.

It stung, to be told something that he as a tech should've known, but he would learn from it. Takeyu wasn't about to argue with the Taii, he knew that with her rank she had to know her stuff.

But she had given him an option; to use a battery pack, or abandon the armor. He knew that he could rig up a battery pack quickly which would provide him with enough power to hopefully get through the mission, but there was also probably no time to do so, there was no way to know when the Taisa would tell them to drop.

With that on his mind, he thought quickly on what he should do. "Very well Taii, I will go ahead and leave the armor behind. Honestly, I was starting to get worried about the rather small chance that the NMX might be able to detect the armor while it's falling through the air, or by some blind luck they spot it while we are moving across the ground," he sighed at his own stupidity. "It was stupid of me to even attempt this, my apologies, I shall go change at once," with that he gave her a curt bow of his head out of respect and left.

He had to consider the safety of those around him, it was a rescue mission after all. He wondered changing right here, but thought better of that - he had always been told before to return any and all armor to the power armor bay and to never leave it out in the open, at least that's what he was taught back in basic, what ya learn in basic doesn't always apply out in the field but he figured he had 'just' enough time to run back, put the armor away, and head back. Though he figured that same amount of time could be used to rig up a battery pack - but there was no way to know whether the armor would be useful or not, and he didn't want to run the risk of utilizing the armor and then having the NMX suddenly find them.

Code:
Voe-Shoi, I've been instructed by Klein-Taii to either leave the armor behind, or rig a battery pack. I honestly don't think there is enough time for me to rig a pack, plus she has given me cause for concern in some things that I hadn't considered before. I'm going to go ahead and leave the armor behind, my apologies ma'am, but I don't want to risk possibly having it cause problems on this mission

Voe bit her lip at her own foolishness. If a Taii decided a Power Armor was too much of a hassle to bring along, then she probably should've considered the risk first. Oh well... the supply officer thought to herself. Maybe I'm just not cut out to lead... She quickly cast such thoughts away and responded to Takeyu's message, not seeing Kumiko enter the cargo bay.

Code:
Takeyu-Hei, That is fine. If Klein-Taii told you to get out of the Power Armor, then I have no right to question it. Please make your way to the cargo bay as soon as can, though. We will be leaving any moment now.

Power Armor Bay

Takeyu nodded at the Shoi's response as he arrived on the upper level and was just now stepping into the power armor bay. He decided to time himself, mostly as a challenge and not something he would let anyone know. He went about putting the rifle back on its rack, then turned toward the armor racks and bounded over to them.

He allowed the automated sequence to do its job and he was quickly out of the armor, and ran over and slid into an AMES suit, zipping it up and making certain it was on properly before removing the service pistol from the holster on the armor. He replaced it into his own holster, then quickly ran out of the bay, down the cargo lift and then into the cargobay.

Cargobay

It didn't take him as long as he thought, though he knew he would have to cut that time back a bit more. He was just glad he arrived in time for the party.

Bridge

Sune taking Hanako's silence as approval picked up the intercom and dialed the speakers in the cargo bay. "Rescure team, prior to your drop please prepare two Aerial VCMAD for deployment with Whisper and Sky-Eye modules. We will use them to monitor your progress and conduct an aerial search for the survivors. Advise when the drones are ready for launch."

Yaichiro acknowledged the transmission from Endoh-Hei, bringing up those programs on his screens and keeping an eye on them as well. Mobile Spanner Drones arrived at the Bridge Access Passageway and the Wardroom and started to resume working to patch the hull.

While this happened, he continued to multitask, and ran calculations on Maintenance Conduit sizes to see if he could get any of them to the pylon from inside the ship...he couldn't actually leave Engineering since the other technicians and Engineers were gone, but that didn't mean he couldn't coordinate.

Cargobay

While waiting for the go ahead, Takeyu went about searching one of the crates, finding a survival kit inside, he set it aside to wear when they dropped.

When he heard Sune's message, he thought to himself for a moment. "I'll go ahead and get the drones prepped for the mission," before disappearing into the vehicle bay, inside he searched around for the rack with the Aerial Drones, and found it quickly. The drones were laying there in their folded up state. He carefully picked one up and brought it back into the cargobay, then returned to retrieve a Whisper and Sky-Eye Module.

He then made a second trip, retrieving the second drone followed by the same two modules he had gotten for the other drone. He set the two drones on a nearby crate, "If anyone wants to lend a hand getting these set up, that would be great," he gave a professional smile before turning his attention to the whisper module and then went about starting the calibration. This is what he enjoyed doing, if it wasn't repairing something, it was setting things up.

Cargo Bay

"Anything I can do, Takeyu-Hei?" asked a previously unnoticed Konoka, carrying her kit and looking to be somehow useful. "I'll be happy to help with whatever you think I can handle. It'll be good to get ready to go, then." she added witha wry smile of resigned patience.

She wanted to get this operation moving, so to speak. It actually seemed she might just be essential, this time, if they could get the overly cliche metaphorical ball rolling. In all honesty, she was happy anytime shw was at all useful to anybody-crew, refugees, or these friends of hers she kept losing somehow.

She was sick of not being useful-it wasn't like her. Thinking to herslef, she added, "How'd you think I could help you? I'll be happy, at least, sooner we got started."

And Konoka, of course, would see that "started" was, well,......started.

This really was getting cliche, after all. But the helpfulness, of course, was just routine. Konoka hoped there was a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…