• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 10.1] Finding Freedom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 10] Finding Freedom

With the burst of radiation and heat, Helen shielded herself for just a moment as the armor appeared within the cabin of her shuttle. Though, her flinch was just momentary before she grasped onto the armor and spoke to the pilot. "Good of you to drop in, now get us the hell out of here." She said as she held on tight, and waited for the teleporter to cycle so she could make her escape.

-----

With the action from the Plumeria-class, the crew of the Raptor-Class were quick to respond as Aves barked her orders in rapid-fire succession as she muted the communications line. "Disruptive missiles! Wide spread! Launch Hawk and Whirlwind units!"

Once the order was given, she opened the communications line again. "Taisa, I will not have you try to fool us while whisking the pilot out from under our noses! I will negotiate, but not while you are taking such reckless actions!"

As Aves spoke, the jamming missiles which were a mix of UOC and Lorath manufacture burst between and near the shuttle and the Plumeria-class. Unknown to the Lorath was the fact that the missiles had no effect upon the teleporter module... but, also as a pleasant surprise, they disrupted the effects of the projection which hid the true identity of the ship, and also resolved the issue of 'which is which' for the shuttle.

"What... is this?" Aves spoke openly as she 'looked' at the sensor display through her cybernetic implant, seeing the flickering of the disguise which the Eucharis used to disguise itself as the Aeon. "YSS Eucharis? Princess Hanakos ship...?" At that point, Aves clenched her jaw as she weighed the options available... and, at the same time, activated the close-range FTL jamming capabilities of the ship... of course, that came too late to prevent the teleporting armor from doing it's job.

As Aves looked upon the empty shuttle, the ship holding one of the most infamous Yamataians, and the display indicating the condition of her own ship, a number of small craft exited the Raptor-Class' launch bay and took holding positions within the boundaries of the ship's shield.

"I want to speak to your Princess." She said at last.

"Some other time, perhaps," Hanako replied to the Lorath ship.

The Eucharis shot off at FTL speeds. Even in an anti-FTL field, Hanako's ship could really move, and it was far faster than the Raptor. She was out of reach in seconds and the ship could now continue on her mission to find the YSS Freedom.

Once safely out of the Lorath range, Hanako got on the intercom. "Set condition two and continue repairs. Taii Helen Klein please report to the bridge."

With the depature of the Eucharis, Aves was left livid and with little option at the moment as she decided to look to the future, instead of dwelling upon what was.

"Looks like in their rush, they forgot something..." Spoke the Sub-commander as she eyed the shuttle which never did receive a burst of weapons fire. "Lock graviton beam, bring it into our bay. Also, send a message to the Matriarchy with logs regarding the situation, request further instruction. For now, plot a course to avoid the detectable travel routes which the NMX have been favoring, and set a course for home. We'll settle the score later... through diplomacy, or conflict." She spoke as the Raptor-Class was left to settle on the prize of the Okii-Neko shuttle.

----

With the order from above, Helen released herself from the power armor which whisked her away, and gave an appreciative nod before she followed the ever so familiar passages and corridors to the bridge, where she stepped before Hanako and gave a bow, waiting to be spoken to. It did irritate her when she had to deal with the brass, especially royal brass, but it was part of her duty... and that was of greater importance than pride, or any other thing which would stand between a bit of humility.

Takeyu gave a weary smile as he watched Helen leave, "Ship's sustained some damage as you may know, so please be careful," he said as Helen disappeared.

Straightening up his armor, he ran a quick check of all of its systems and found that everything was running as it should. He then made his way back to engineering, where he found the Shosa still there.

"Shosa, going to see about helping Endoh-hei with the battlepod, since I'm still in power armor after all. Or do you need me to work on something else?" he asked while standing beside the Engineering bay door entrance.

Yaichiro looked to Takeyu. He was stuck in Engineering due to these combat statuses requiring him to stay in Engineering, so he was managing the Fabrication Bay's production of CFS Conduit, which was nearly done.

"By all means, she's been sending help requests...I don't understand why she hasn't gone out herself though..."

Placing his hand on the side of his helmet, Takeyu accessed details about NMX Battle Pods, but some of the stuff that he really wanted to know wasn't listed. "Before I go, do you know if those battle pods have any chance of coming back online after they've crashed? I don't want to risk cutting that thing loose and suddenly having it come online on me," Takeyu said nervously.

As he awaited a reply; he continued to look through the library, memorizing technical symatics of the battle pod just in case.

The stolen and beat-up shuttle, now inside the Lorath ship, overloaded its aether generator and self-destructed with the force of a small nuclear bomb.

- - -

YSS Eucharis Bridge

Watching the large explosion in the rear-view (quantum) mirror she let out a laugh. The Lorath hadn't changed a bit. She turned to Helen.

"It has been a while since we last met. Welcome aboard," Hanako told the agent. "We are currently on a rescue mission and I would like your help. I would also love to know what you did to anger the Lorath," Hanako grinned.

Rec Room

Sune put the tactical systems he was using back into standby. He took a minute to review the recent events to see what he could have done differently. However, after a moment or two he realized that this exercise would be best done when he was in better shape and when he could ask Hanako for her thoughts.

"Taisa, I am going to proceed to Medical to stabilize my injuries. I will report to the bridge when done." he said over the open channel to the bridge.

He pushed himself up in the simulation and drifted to the edge of the 0 g area. Concentrating again on using his anti-grav he made his way to the door that led to the hallway and medical.

Once in the corridor it was a short move to the medical doorway. He opened the door and looked for Konoka.

Nika remained silent all the while as events flew by her. She knew that picking Sune up via graviton beam is risky, but its the faster method since he was in armour and they are in a hurry to move on for their mission. Getting lectured was a pretty good wake-up call, indicating she had not been able to keep up with things happening around her...

Looking upon the princess, Helen could not help but to feel a bit uneasy by the grin she saw. It was different than the way she remembered Hanako from before. From the grin and tone of her laughter it seemed to Helen, that war had matured the girl into a woman that was the spitting image of Yui, at least in her charisma.

"Before I begin to explain, I would like to thank you once more for the rescue and for welcoming me aboard your ship, Taisa." With the thanks, Helen raised from a bow and began to explain what had happened to make such a massive fuss.

"Over the last few months, I have been on assignment conducting a fact finding and data collection operation within the Lorath Matriarchy. Standard ship equipment manifests, fleet numbers, civilian attitudes and the such... along with material acquisitions. Out of all those things, the latter-most was what caused them to be ticked off." Helen spoke, as her own smile came to her lips... she was back with the herd it seemed, as she eased back into the mindset of a Yamataian officer, it was a challenge after such a long assignment.

"I discovered that the 'Maras', a spacecraft of alien origin, which I think you encountered before, was docked in one of their local space-docks for refit. I took the opportunity, and stole it. I intended to make a clean break for the Empire, though, it seemed the owners of the ship programmed some sort of navigation lock-out which kept me from establishing a decisive distance away from the Matriarchy's space. I had the pigeons on my back, those colonial bumpkins from the UOC, and the NMX wanting that ship. Out of all of that, an unknown large power armor unit intervened and damaged the Maras' engines and crippled the ship. I fled to my shuttle which I instructed to tail the Maras, and at that point, the Matriarchy figured out just what kind of ship thief I was, the spying kind. Needless to say, they made it a priority to track me down. I've been dodging them and the NMX for at least a month now, I think the chase was what irritated them most." She said, concluding the bulk of her explanation of just what went on.

"As for your mission, Taisa, I would be glad to help in whatever way I can."

Yaichiro looked to Takeyu, and thought for a brief moment before responding to his question.

"It's always possible. Cut the pod's power if needed, or take out the brain slave inside. Use your good judgment depending on the condition of the pod and the situation. Just don't let them self destruct in on near our hull."

Sune would find a fretting Konoka, worried as always-this time, partially about him. Upon seeing him in Medical, she would quickly bound toward the door, kit in hand: "SUNE -JUNI!" She'd been sick and tired of being unable to help anyone.

Now Sune looked quite sick and quite tired. Looking over his injuries while grabbing some replacement blood and fidgeting around for a painkiller, if he hadn't had any, or a stimulant, which he might need soon, she blathered, " Are you alright? No, of course-you couldn't be!Heh. But, Sune-Juni....." She glanced at him, then at the NMX nekos. "I really need you to be alright right now.Let's try to make it that way, huh?" Konoka, for one, was done with people being fated for doom, for one. As such, she was fighting fate. Not being able to tell if she'd win,he warned Sune, "We're going to need everybody up and ready before long."

Guiding him to a bed, she proceeded to see if she could get a look at him, and began using a laser scalpel to precisely cut him out of his armor,and began asking him, "How is your condition, Sune-Juni? I know you were a medic, once, I'd like you, if you can, to help me figure out how to help you, because enough help has been left undone today."

Waiting to see if he was able to speak a self-diagnosis, she prepped an IV full of replacement blood and got some liquid bandage ready, in case.

"This isn't going to be good, or easy." she said to nobody in particular. Then, she gave an order to the ANU: "Na-su 1, please see if you can get a good fix for his sternum ready, please." Then, her face became oddly calm. Finally, her work meant something important. thatw as all she asked, really.

"Well, let's just hope that thing doesn't come back to life, wouldn't want to be on the recieving end of one of those barrels," Said Takeyu as he left engineering and started down the corridor heading straight for the shuttle bay.

Endoh-hei, Nayacesen here, do you still need assistance with the Battle Pod or shall I switch off to normal repairs?

Of course, Takeyu realized he probably should've asked that 'before' he had told the Shosa that he was going to help her, but it just wasn't on his mind at the time.

"Oh, thank god." Kumiko paused in getting everything reorganized and secured up against a wall to answer Takeyu.

Code:
I could definitely still use the help, Takeyu-san. What I need is for someone to go around the outside of the ship, roughly above of the PA bay, and remove the battlepod stuck in the hull. Once that's done, I can finish up the hull repairs in here and you can move on to other things as well.

She checked the seals on her suit, and finished up securing the scattered accessories against the wall. No point in getting them all back together to have them scatter when Takeyu popped the hull back open, after all.

Medbay

Sune handed Konoka the medical scanner, "Here is the PMS-1 I used to diagnose my injuries. I gave myself as much pain medication as I dare without impairing my judgement.

The sternum and ribs while considerably painful are secondary. A pressure bandage to keep them in place while they heal is about all we can do for them.

The bigger problem is the L4 Vertebra, its out of position and causing paralysis in my legs. You will need to work with the AMBU and manipulate it into its proper position. Once you put it into place I would suggest injecting hemosynth into the injury to accelerate the healing.

Once complete I will need your assistance putting on a tunic and then a back brace with the pressure bandages. It will allow me to get to the bridge and man my station. It is doubtful that my injuries will be healed by the time we reach our destination. By getting to the bridge I can assist the Taisa, and Himeya-Hei will be free to assist with the away team."

Sune then carefully laid on his stomach so that the AMBU and Konoka would be able to work on his back.

"You're right." said Konoka sedately. "I'll be happy to see everyone ready to help," she added, then ordered to the AMBU:"Right! As Sune-Juni said, let's get some help done, AMBU! I'd like to get the l4 vertebra set in its proper way, already." said Konoka. She wanted to get all of this all better before the day was done. Thinking on this, she grabbed the brace out of her supplies for next moment.

However, that moment wasn't ther eyet, and Kokoka reminded herself she had work to do, or Sune wouldn't get ready or able, or well. So do it, Miyazawa! she told herslef, thinking.

She figured the faster she got Sune fixed, the faster he could work witht the crew to fix this whole mess. At that thought, she grabbed some HS blood and got it ready for use. Enough time was wasteed, already. And ,here, time wS LIFE. Life for other lives in need, as Konoka saw it.

As such, she began assessing her comrade's injuries from the useful if dirty scanner. She'd have to clean it, but..later. She was needed now, but, then, that was better than the alternative, wasn't it?

More than ever, Konoka knew it was.

Thusly, she double-checked and checked again the unit's progress, and wondered aloud, "Will a stimulant shot be needed, you think? I am so sick of walking wounded. Hopefully, we''l fix everything in the end. Everything."

Yes, that was Konoka's hope. fate was too chaotic these days , anyhow. Days were bleeding into a literally bloody mess of late.

Konoka hated chaos. She was a fixer: she'd fix this. And Sune would help, when he was fixed.

Power Armor Bay

Takeyu passed by the entrance to the PA bay, and into the shuttle bay, once inside he made one last check on his power armor - and made certain nothing was damaged. Considering how much use it was getting, he would have to service the poor armor once they got back to the Ikoi, as it doubted he'd have a chance to do that during this mission.

"Charimsa, please depressurize the shuttle bay, once done open the shuttle bay doors with fifteen feet of clearance in either side. Once done keep them open for me please," he smiled as he heard the distinct sound of a pump pulling the air out of the bay. Then there was silence as the doors parted way and opened up a thirty foot gap between them.

Eucharis External Hull

Takeyu pushed off the deck plate, then grabbed hold of the doors and attached himself to the hull. He ignited his aether blade just to be sure, he would need it after all to cut an opening in the battle pod to disconnect its power supply.

The battlepod jutted out like a sore thumb, two of its main cannons were warped, one was nearly unrecognizable while the other was bent around like a pretzel. He maneuvered himself toward the pod, then got under it as much as he could. Igniting his aether blade, he sliced into the pods armor and cut away a five by five foot square section, then grabbed the now free plate and placed it under him.

"Theres more than enough debris out in space, no need to add to it," he told himself and looked around inside the pod. He felt around inside the pod, and also glanced inside of it as well before he found what he felt was the power supply - at least according to what was in the library. "This thing looks dead, here's hoping it doesn't have a backup," he snipped the wires that lead to the pods power supply.

Endoh-hei? I'm ready on this end, I don't know what might happen when I pull this pod out so I would advise caution

With that done Takeyu gripped the edges of the pod and then started cutting it away.

Bridge

Hanako reset the ship's volumetric disguise to make the ship appear an NMX Scout...the same one they had taken the transponder from. Next, she set coordinates to HX-13. In a flash of teal light, the Eucharis entered hyperspace.

Again, Hanako's voice came over the ship's intercom. "Combat alert. Set condition one. We will enter the enemy star system shortly."

Next, the Taisa called down to the medical lab.

Medbay

Sune lay awake while the AMBU proceeded to perform the necessary procedure to correct the vertebra. The AMBU was using local anesthesia, at his request.

No, not yet... Sune thought upon hearing the Condition One called out. He turned to Konoka, "Konoka, once the unit is done, close me up with liquid bandage, and please give me a stimulant. Its risky, but I need to be able to function."

Takeyu worked feverishly on getting the pod disconnected from the ships hull, his suits intercom whirled with what the Taisa had just said, and he also saw the results. He stopped for a moment and looked around.

"Hyperspace looks so different from inside the ship; out here, there's a sense of beauty to behold," he glanced behind him, before turning his attention back to the battlepod. He made certain that he was well attached to the ships hull, as he did 'not' want to suddenly go flying off.

The blade cut deep into the hull, slicing offf sections of the battlepod that just wouldn't cooperate with him. "Almost there...." he said as he started a circular cut around the lower part of where the pod was stuck in. Then he started noticing that the areas of the pod he had already cut out of the ship were starting to 'peel' away, and he knew he had to finish up quick or else the pod might detach in a fashion he doesn't want.

Finally, his cut was nearly completed and he did notice that the pod was partly out of the hull now but it still wasn't 'off' the ship, so he reignited his aether blade and started work on areas of the pod that were still attached to the ship, slicing off a barrel here and a winglet there, the pod finally gave way and fell behind the ship and disappeared.

He allowed himself a momentary pause for breath, he double checked his cuts, all clean and precise and down the point - should make it easy for Kumiko to patch up this hole as she won't have to worry about jagged edges.

With that he headed back to the shuttle bay, and tapped sent a message to Kumiko.

Done Endoh-hei! You should have no problems sealing up that hole, let me know if you need any further assistance, I'll be heading back to engineering

He slipped back into the shuttlebay and the doors closed behind him; the bay repressurized and though he wanted to take a breather, he knew that just wasn't going to be allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back