• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 10.1] Finding Freedom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 10] Finding Freedom

Konoka returned Takeyu's smile, eyes still steely, saying, "Thank you, Nacayasen-Hei. I try my best to be of help."

Awaiting the machine's confirmation, she glanced over some charts, 'pathing back: I would not wish to keep you from being of help elsewhere, though. Still, I'm wondering about how cooperative the NMX nekos we've seen so far have been. I'll be attending to the Juni, soon enough, I suppose, so perhaps we should alll best prepare for whatever's next how we best can. In the end, I leave the choice up to you, Nacayasen-hei.

With that, she turned back to her own work. That was all fate really left for her own choice, anyway.

Yaichiro, in his AMES, had gone to the Power Armor Bay and had accessed the Damage Controls station. Like how he'd helped with the damage during the last conflict, he used the Handheld Plasma Cutter to slice off rough and charred edged so the hull patching kits could be properly applied. Luckily, the process had already been started by Konoka, so it wouldn't take too long -- at least in this room. The Starboard Pylon would probably take a while longer to fix though. The Cargo Bay and Wardroom had taken less damage thankfully.

"MEGAMI, in addition to the routing or messages to me for Engineering, please inform me if anyone steps into Engineering looking for any assistance or to help. I still need to keep tabs on what's happening in there."

Eucharis to Jalen-Juni,

We have locked on to your Location Beacon. Picking you up via Graviton Projectors once in range. The Medic will rush over once she is done with the others. Over

The Eucharis steadily made its way towards Sune's location as repairs are on-going within it. Once in range of its target, Nika activated the Graviton Projectors, bringing Sune into the cargo bay.

"Miyazawa-Hei, we recovered Jalen-Juni. If possible, please hurry to the cargo bay." The neko telepathed to Konoka as she turned her head to Hanako.

"Taisa, we have recovered Jalen-Juni. I'm preparing the engines for FTL... Once our hulls are patched, we can proceed."

Sune had begun to wonder if his comm system was actually working when he finally heard Nika's voice saying they were enroute. Seeing the Eucharis approach was one of the best sights that Sune had seen.

As the graviton beam started brining him in, he adjusted his orientation so that once in the cargo bay he would be standing. Once he touched down he checked his suit, and confirmed that the Cargo Bay was still decompressed.

"Bridge, Jalen-Juni, I am aboard, however with the cargo bay decompressed, I will have to make my way to the Fabrication bay so that I can get out of the armor."

He then walked across the bay, he sent a request for Charisma to deploy the blast shutters to seal the area between the cargo hold and the Fabrication area. Once in the Fabricatoin area he had the atmosphere restored, he cracked his helmet open and and found a place to sit and wait for Konoka.

"They've found him!" said a startled Konoka, aloud. She glanced a the ATU unit, then back at Takeyu. Considering, she queried Charisma: Charisma, is Blueberry aboard?She figured if she was, she'd request she handle medbay while Konoka went to handle the Juni. In all honesty, that meant more to her than some NMX'er with an injury. However, leaving her workspace to just Takeyu and two mysterious NMX workers seemed an unhelpful alternative.

However, she figured, if Blueberry turned out to be absent, she figured she'd have to ask exactly that of Takeyu. The Juni, her friend, would need her, after all.

For Konoka, that was a priority.

While she waited for reply, from machine and MEGAMI alike, she 'pathed Takeyu: Worst case scenario, can you handle staying here a while longer for security?

For once, though, Konoka hoped to keep the fate of "worst case scenario" at bay.

Secondly, she queried Takeyu: How bad off do you think Juni is, anyway?

Power Armor Bay

Kumiko was quiet, working on the other side of the room from Yaichiro, patching up hull breaches. She had her computer set to inform her of any anomalies in the systems, especially incoming teleports or new damage. They really didn't need any assistance from the NMX at this point, and she did not look forward to fighting them again. After all, last time she barely made it. As she began another patch, she glanced over at Yaichiro, checking on his progress, not really surprised he was further along than her. It sounded like he'd been around for a while before she came to the ship, and who knew what he was up to after he left. She wouldn't be surprised in the least to know that this was a regular task for him.

Takeyu continued to stare at his butt-pack; before replying to Konoka's question. Odd's are he didn't teleport out of that ship without some kind of injury, considering he ported out into space and not into the fabrication bay with me. Plus, we did get hit with a few rippers, so he's probably got some injuries but I really can't speculate, he shrugged his shoulders and then looked over at the two Nekos.

They didn't appear to be a threat, the uninjuried one seemed more concerned about her companion than getting out. I don't think I can stay to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the Taisa is already wondering why this Transponder hasn't been connected. Of course, if need be I will stay as we can't risk leaving the prisoners alone. he had a bit of a worried expression on his face, and hoped that perhaps the Taisa would understand why he hadn't done that yet - considering they now had prisoners on board.

Of course, even though he said he couldn't stay, he still positioned himself near the exit, just in case. He also thought about the trasponder and realized that while removing it was perhaps the easy part, reconnecting to another ship wasn't. With a heavy sigh, he sent off a message to Engineering.

Yaichiro-Shosa, Endoh-Hei! I have the transponder and will be headed back to engineering shortly, I may need some assistance with the transponder and getting it hooked up to the ship.

Yaichiro received the message and sighed before starting to put his tools away. He wasn't comfortable leaving Engineering, but it couldn't be helped with how understaffed they seemed to be for the damage they'd taken.

"Endoh-Hei, I think you recieved that message too. I've got to head back to Engineering and help Nayacesen-Hei. I think you can handle this for now. Please use the Molecure Tape to keep the shards from floating around and escaping by taping them together in a strand and bundling them when you're done. We can use them in the Fabrication Area later and it makes clean up far easier."

Yaichiro put away the tools he was using and went back into the ship, headed toward Engineering while sending a message to Takeyu.

Understood, Nayacesen-Hei. I'm en route. After this, if you aren't needed elsewhere, I'd like your help in sealing hull damage if you're uninjured.

Bridge

With a thought, Hanako brought the Eucharis into a hyperspace fold. The ship flickered bright teal and then vanished in a flash of light.

The Taisa turned to Nika. "Why did you disobey my orders? I specifically told you to pick up Sune in a shuttle. You could have killed him with the graviton beam."

- - -

Medical Lab

"Taisa Hanako ordered all of the former sprites to take shore leave," Charisma told Konoka.

The ATU found that the patient was doing better due to Sune's first aid, but recommended a dip in the HS tank.

Fabrication Bay

'Might as well get out of this armor." Sune said as he stood up. He removed the helmet, and activated the armor's opening sequence. The armor opened upon its normal seams. When Sune tried to step out of his armor a pain like a knife being stuck into his back caused him to lurch and fall out of the armor. He tried to stabilize himself by holding onto the armor, but the unsecured armor merely toppled onto him.

Pain so bad that everything went white for moment wracked Sune's body. He tried to push the armor off him without success, and then he tried to move his legs. Nothing happened... he tried again with the same results.

Medical Emergency in Fabrication Bay.
Advise Konoka to bring a back board.
I can not feel my legs or move them.
he sent telepathically across the ship.

Knew things were going too easy. he thought, while waiting for help to arrive.

"Takeyu-hei, if you could help me move our....guest here, please." gestured Konoka. "I'll put her in an HS tank,and, then......Well, can you get somebody else in Engineering to fetch and work on this....whatever it is.....you so need to handle, and stay here, please, to watch the prisoner?" finished an apprehensive Konoka. It was time for her to get helpful, or get out.

Getting out, or letting the prisoner out, were not good options, either way.

"I'm thinking I should fetch the Juni, then, to be helpful!" said Konoka, half-focused, fetching her kit and a fresh back board. Her mind was down in the Fabrication Bay, with her friend, Sune, not these dratted NMX around here-who shouldn't be, thought Konoka. She was sick of chaos.

"If you think you'll be alright, Hei....that is...." said Konoka. "The Juni will be more useful to us all if he winds up less hurt!"

And, so, she stood in the threshold of the Mebay, nodding. "Alright then, Takeyu-hei?"

Of course he'd be. He had to be. This was the Eucharis: friends staid helping or friends were gone.

And, as far as Konoka was concerned, Fae had not yet quite ordered Sune to the "goner" list.

Takeyu nodded; and assisted Konoka with moving the Neko, once finished he stood by the door. Takeyu thought for a moment but he just couldn't say no, Konoka's personality reminded him of his younger sibling and that is what made it hard on him. It's a transponder that'll need to be installed which will allow us to rescue many more people, we hope anyway, I'll stay, but only until you return with the Juni. We need to get this transponder hooked up as soon as possible, he said telepathically to her and then stayed by the door.

Shosa, I may be awhile. Miyazawa-hei doesn't like leaving two prisoners alone in her infirmary, despite there being containment cells. Can't say I really blame her, even though one of them assisted us. I'll head straight to engineering when I can, unless you want to come down to medical and I'll hand off the transponder to you so you can install after all I don't know how much time we have.... Sorry Shosa! he sent telepathically to Shosa.

Yaichiro received the message as he left the Power Armor bay, and noted the situation. He fully understood, and walked to the Medbay. It was quite literally on the way to Engineering. When he got there, he communicated telepathically, glad the PSC would block the Nekos from the same.

No need for apologies, this course of action is the correct one to me. I'll go install this. Can you fill me in on any special details? It seems to require constant power or something bad will happen? I assume this since its hooked up to a power source...make sure to update the Taisa to your situation and the presence of prisoners immediately if you haven't already. Given how we're all needed for hull repairs, she may elect to send someone to relieve you...I'd also recommend that they be searched and scanned THOROUGHLY. They could internally jeopardize the mission.

Eucharis appeared in a teal flash near the lifeless star system known as HX-23. After scanning for other ships, Hanako sent out a coded signal that the gunship had arrived and would not be staying long. She then turned her attention to a nearby volumetric damage control display. Only one breach had been repaired thus far.

Code:
HULL BREACHES:
Cargo Bay, Deck 5
Passageway, Bridge Entrance, Deck 2
Pylon, Starboard, Deck 4
Wardroom, Deck 1

The power armor bay's breach had been difficult for Yaichiro to access. It was actually in the compartment above the bay, where all the power armor accessories were stored. A battle pod had crashed into the hull and its remains were still in the storage compartment. The various power armor accessories were scattered around the power armor bay and some had been lost to space. Luckily all the teleporter units were still accounted for.

- - -

Medical Bay

The Neko with the chest injury finally regained consciousness, and after looking around she started to panic.

Takeyu glanced at Yaichiro. If the transponder losses power, the codes inside of it will be lost. So you'll have to make certain that there is no power loss, other than that there is nothing more I can tell you about it, he told him telepathically. And yea, I forgot to update the Taisa, will do so now, thanks for reminding me Shosa, he added.

He then glanced at the ceiling, before sending a situational report to the Taisa.

Nayacesen-hei here, in medical. Prisoners are here, one is in the containment cell while the other is being tended to. Miyazawa-hei is uncomfortable with the prisoners being left unattended while she leaves sick-bay, so I am handing off the transponder to the Shosa to install while I keep an eye on the prisoners.

As he was about to tell the Shosa something else he noticed the Neko in the tank was starting to panic. He hurried over to the tank and patched into the internal comms.

"Calm down, you are alright," he told her, but continued. "You are safe," though he wondered if she's believe that considering they 'did shoot her a little while ago.

Shoi Rascoe Voe waited patiently aboard a T7 shuttle that one of the Eucharis' crew had apparently ordered. She was waiting as ordered at the coordinates to be picked up. She had already received a message announcing the Eucharis' arrival, and she had replied with her own message stating that she was in the same system waiting for pickup. Voe hadn't been waiting long, and it was rather good timing, the Geshrin officer noted happily.

"Please secure your shuttle's dorsal docking port to our fore ventral docking port located at the base of our zero-gravity passageway," Hanako asked Voe. "Then please report to the bridge."

Hanako had wanted to send someone down to greet the new crew member, but currently everyone aboard was working.

Kumiko had just about finished up the patchwork in the PA bay at this point, and was glancing around the room looking at the scattered accessories. I guess I should stick all that back in here one I finish. She turned back to look at her work. Right after I find someone to help me with this stupid battle pod, that is. Maybe one of the guys who were armored is still suited up? She paused, and sent a quick message out before continuing with the work she could do at the moment.

Code:
To: Jalen Sune-Juni, Nayacesen Takeyu-Hei
Are either of you two still in your armor? I need someone to go outside the hull to pull a Battle Pod out of the hull. Thanks.
Endoh-Hei

"Understood," Voe replied before piloting the shuttle towards the Eucharis and docking it at the aforementioned docking port. Once she was aboard, the supply officer immediately made her way to the bridge.

However, due to a hull breach right outside of the bridge, the Geshrin had to navigate the ship's maintenance conduits to get there. It took her a little while longer for her to get to the bridge, but once she arrived, the Geshrin bowed politely to Hanako and said, "Shoi Rascoe Voe reporting for duty, Ketsurui-Taisa."

Sune still trapped under his armor resisted the urge to laugh when he received Kumiko's question. He sent a telepathic reply to Kumiko since he could not get to his communicator and his power armor was powered off.

"Endoh-Hei
While I am currently trapped under my armor I am not in it, nor am I at the moment capable of getting into it. Perhaps Nayacesen-Hei can assist you.
Jalen-Juni"

After sending his reply, he struggled to pull the butt pack close enough to pull out the medical kit. It took him two tries both of which were painful enough to make his vision gray out, but he succeeded on the second.

He took the PMS-1 scanner and injected himself with the scanner microbots. Now just need to lay here for a minute or so and see what the results are. he thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back