• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 10.1] Finding Freedom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 10] Finding Freedom

Takeyu flexed his hand and closed it; then reopened it before putting himself into a stance, ready to pounce on anyone who might be in the area they teleport into. While he lacked a melee weapon, his hands would more than suffice.

Hearing the charge indicator hit full; he was temporarily blinded, before appearing at the targetted coordinates.

NMX Scout

Takeyu and Sune appeared in a flash of light inside the wrecked battle pod launch bay of the NMX scout, surrounded by managed remains of the fighters and equipment, and an overturned shuttle. They were immediately spotted by two Nekovalkyrja technicians in tan-colored clone-brand AMES suits. They immediately took cover behind the trashed shuttle and waited for the Rippers to arrive.

- - -

Eucharis Bridge

Hanako nodded to Nika. "I can run the ship if you want to get a foam hose and get that thing under control," the Taisa said. The ships continued to exchange shots, with Eucharis successfully hitting the scout's engines while the gunship's barely-online shields managed to hold for this round but would probably collapse again soon. "Nika, call Konoka and have her seal some hull breaches."

NMX Scout

Well, we arrived in one piece and not in the middle of something. he thought briefly. Spotting the Nekos he looked at Takeyu.

"Well, if they did not hear our arrival those two will be arranging a reception party. We best get moving. Our objective is supposed to be one deck below. Take out those two so they can not report on our actions. Since we do not know the layout, I suggest we cut through the deck. I will start cutting, once you take them out join me, working together we can get through faster than one of us." he said activating the forearm weapon on his right and selecting energy beam.

He thrust the blade into the deck. As the blade sliced into the deck he started moving so as to cut a hole large enough to fall through, while monitoring his HUD for any signs of hostiles.

Upon determining that no one was in the Bridge Access passageway or the Zero G passageway, Yaichiro checked the functionality of the fire suppression system in those areas. In the places where functional, he would deploy FOAM to try to help fight the fire.

He didn't dare try to help fight the fire on the bridge unless Hanako asked, lest he spray a person or a control panel while they were busy trying to fight. He also didn't dare decompress the areas he COULD access, because the blast shutter was known to be unlocking in unintended and unexpected ways...

Yaichiro kept an eye on that as he struggled to maintain the ship's shields, carefully diverting CFS strength where needed while avoiding overloading the rerouted and weakened starboard conduits. "Bridge, I recommend keeping our port side to the enemy. Our CFS is stronger there."

Takeyu gave a nod and rushed forward, passing by some debris and going around to the backside of the crashed shuttle - where the two techs were. During this process he had switched his forearm weapon to secondary setting, for rapid pulses in a machine gun like fashion and took quick aim at the two techs before opening fire on them.

NMX Scout - Hangar Bay

Both nekos attempted to dodge but the closest neko took a nasty hit in the chest, spraying blood everywhere. "Please, don't shoot! We surrender!" the one behind her shouted. She tossed her tool belt and pistol aside, hoping these Yamataian military was as goodhearted as they claimed.

- - -

Bridge, YSS Eucharis

As the foam filled the burning passageway neat the bridge, the smoke inside began to lessen. Hanako steered the ship so that the port side was facing the NMX scout. With its engines slagged, the scout was unable to turn enough to compensate. The Taisa switched to picking off its anti-ship weapons. They were winning now.

Takeyu stared at the Neko, not taking his eye off the one that surrendered, he rounded her with his weapon still pointed at her. His orders were to remove them as a threat, but one of them 'did' surrender.

He then swithed to laser communications and sent a message to Sune:

One down, but one of them surrendered. Your orders sir?

Though he somehow felt he knew what Sune would say... so he steaded his weapon.

Sune continued his cutting and replied to Takeyu, "Disarm and secure the Neko, we can bring her with us, she might prove useful."

Neko's working with the Mishhu, it does not make sense. I wonder if anyone did an indepth medical study of the last prisoners to see if they could determine if they were willingly working with the enemy, or coerced or brain washed. He thought.

Takeyu nodded and grabbed the Neko's pistol, while still keeping his weapon trained on the Neko. He watched her for a moment then secured her, checking her over quickly to determine any other weapons, before disarming the other neko that he had shot just moments ago, removing the weapons and tool-belts just to be safe.

"Nika, call Konoka and have her seal some hull breaches."

Nika nodded as she made a call to Konoka,

"Miyazawa-hei, where's your current position? Currently none of the crew members needed immediate treatment, but the ship needs to get some quick patches if you are available to help out." She sent her a list on the hulll breaches.

Code:
DECOMPRESSION/HULL BREACHES:
Cargo Bay, Deck 5
Power Armor Bay, Deck 3
Pylon, Starboard, Deck 4
Wardroom, Deck 1

With that done, she grabbed a FOAM extinguisher and looked for the source of the smoke in the Bridge, finding it coming from a shorted console, which looked pretty much needed to be replaced as sparks and smoke emitted from it. A quick spray from the nozzle solved the issue...

Passageway, Deck 3, Outside of Medbay

"Nika-Hei, this is Miyazawa-Hei! I'm outside of medbay on Deck 3. It seems I'm closest to helping power armour bay at the moment. Is there a priority on damage control, or.....I'm not an engineer or such. Please advise on how to assist in patching up this situation!" communicated Konoka anxiously. This chaos was definitely beginning to have a negative effect on her. However, she reminded herself, she'd feel better the second she began helping.

Still, this chaos had made it more difficult to see what she should do to provide "help". Not, of course, that Konoka had any objection to any sort of "helping", whether it be her specification or not. She really just wished right now for the old days of clear-cut answers on what each mission brought in ways of "help." After all, "helping" was something that kept Konoka from feeling she needed "help".

Still, as she waited for a reply, she began a slow, uncertain sort of trot closer to the power armor bay, via her usual route. Her usual way of helping was conveniently next-door, after all. Was that some sort of sign?

At least she'd still be of some help!

NMX Warship

Sune continued cutting through the floor while waiting for Takeyu to return and assist. He sent a quick message to him.

Make sure the prisoner understands her survival depends on her behavior. She makes any attempt to alert the NMX or communicate with them telepathically will go badly for her.

He resumed his cutting increasing his pace and working to make a hole large enough for them to enter with their Mindy's but too small for the Rippers that they had encountered on the last mission.

Yaichiro used scanners to determine the causes of the fires in the Bridge Access and the 0G Passageway during times when the shields were more stable, and rerouted around any damaged electrical conduits to eliminate those sources. Between that and a little time, the fire finally went out...after a few moments and some scans, Yaichiro sighed a little.

"Bridge, the fire in the Bridge Passageway and 0G Passageway is out should you need to evacuate. Working to stabilize shields further."

With that, he worked to repair and stabilize the shields yet further. Hopefully they could get parts from the enemy craft for field repairs -- or at least stuff that the Fabrication Area could use to make new couplings.

NMX Warship

As Takeyu placed the pistol in his pack and stowed the tool bag away; he turned toward the Neko and said, in an authoritive tone. "Do not try anything rash, if you make any attempt to communicate with the NMX, that includs using telepathy, you're life is forfiet. You understand this right?" he asked, but wasn't entirely expecting a reply and instead gestured for her to come with him toward where Sune was.

He had half the thought of flashing his aether blade, but he felt that wasn't needed.

NMX Scout

"She needs a doctor!" the NMX neko cried, still kneeling over her bloodied sister. The downed neko had a gory crater in her chest and was convulsing.

It wasn't easy, but Sune was able to cut through the floor. Luckily this ship's computer area wasn't armored heavily like the ones on Star Army ships. Below him he could make out a dimly lit chamber full of wires and flashing lights.

Just then Sune and Takeyu's AIES wall-penetrating radar reported that there was some sort of growing mass of enemies outside the nearby door into the ship.

NMX Warship

Thank you Charisma. Sune thought, he had been fully prepared to have to drop to the next level and then gain entrance to the computer room. However he was not about to complain about a stroke of good luck.

Hearing the Neko's exclamation Sune thought, I'm sure the people on the Bouken could have used a Doctor, or the people on that starbase... he thought with a flash of anger.

"Nayacesen-Hei, we got a bit of luck looks like I cut into the ceiling of the computer room. Take the one prisoner and get in there as start pulling their transponder. And be quick about it, we have party crashers forming at the door. I will see what I can do for the other Neko." he said snapping off the aether beam and heading over to the Neko.

He pulled out the medical kit that he had in the Butt Pack from the last mission. "I can not believe I am going to try to save the life of a NMX soldier." he muttered as he opened it.

No time to be delicate or neat he thought as he withdrew the Healing Blood Injector, and injected a liberal amount into the wound. He then covered the wound with Liquid Bandage to temporarily seal the wound while the Hemosynth did its work. He considered and rejected the idea of giving the Neko any pain or sedation for fear that it would kill her.

"Come on," he said to the Neko and gestured to the hole. "The sooner we get in and retrieve what we've come for, the sooner your companion can get onboard help," he said though he wasn't entirely certain whether that would be true or not - but then again, if it meant getting the transponder then he would lie through his teeth.

"Down into the floor below us," he said in a casual and kindful way. Probably wouldn't convince her since he 'did' have his weapon trained on her.

Engineering

Kumiko sighed, finally pausing in her work. "Bridge, Life Support systems have all been diverted or fixed, as necessary. If you can, let us know before you do anything too stressful on the systems; Everything we've done so far needs to be checked before I'd guarantee it's permanence." She looked over to Toshiro. "Do you need any help? If not, I think I'll grab an AMES suit and get to work on anything I can reach."

NMX Warship

Seeing Sune helping her sister, the NMX Neko was able to turn her attention to the other Star Army soldier and his commands. The NMX technician carefully floated down into the hole, careful not to touch the hot edges where the aether blade had cut.

With the bleeding stopped, the other neko now had a chance, but was still in bad shape and very unconscious but still breathing, albeit barely.

Just then the bay doors burst open and Ripper armors began to push into the launch bay with guns blazing.

- - -

YSS Eucharis

"The enemy ship is disabled," Hanako announced, picking off the last of the scout's weaponry. She got on the horn to Sune. "Try not to stay long, they know they are beat and may try to prevent capture by...drastic means."

NMX Warship

Just as Sune determined that the wounded Neko might survive, he saw the Rippers. I knew it was too good to be true. he thought, grabbing up the Neko.

"Nayacesen-Hei be quick about it, we got Rippers. Once you get it free, we are leaving." he said as he used his suits propulsion to fly to the hole and in shielding the prisoner with his body.

After receiving Hanako's message, "Roger that Taisa, Nayacesen-Hei is in the process of disconnecting the transponder. We have hostiles closing on our position. Requesting coordinates for teleport to Medical or some other environmentally sound compartment. We will be bringing prisoners." he sent.

He laid the wounded Neko on the floor and took a up position with both of his fore arms raised, his left set to machine gun mode, and the right in shield, he deployed his Nodal Drones to orbit within the hole, and to fire upon anything hostile that presented itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back