• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 10.1] Finding Freedom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 10] Finding Freedom

Hanako made a sudden noise. "Hooo...."

The ship rattled suddenly, causing anything unsecured creeping towards the nearest ledge. A warning alarm went off in the bridge and the ship's blast shutters automatically closed. The ship was actually tumbling and a residual amount of inertia began pulling the crew towards the fore and aft of the ship. The Taisa fell out of her seat and was bent over her console like she was a man trying to make love to it.

"I think we just hit someone else's CFS bubble," she gasped.

Sune had only just completed his message to engineering, when everything went wrong. Sune found himself propelled out of his seat, but due to the laws of physics found himself not thrown directly towards his console, but at an angle towards the edge of the console nearest the main screen.

He had the wind knocked out of him when his solar-plexus impacted the console corner. He made a desperate grab at the console and failed his fingers sliding across its smooth surface. The end result was Sune found himself on the deck against the base of the main screen.

What are the odds of two ships in CFS colliding? he thought trying to get his breath.

"Hopefully whoever we hit, their systems are just as overloaded. Otherwise we are sitting ducks." he said to Hanako as he noticed the phone in his hand with its cord ripped out.

Takeyu was just about to say something to Kumiko when he suddenly found himself smacking his head on the top of the console, followed then by him flipping over said console and flew at a horizontal angle to the Aether power generator, narrowly missing it and instead smacking the back wall with a 'thud', which left him seeing stars for a few short seconds.

Getting up onto his feet; he shook his head, feeling a headache coming along from what just happened, he looked around before asking a rather dumb question. "What the heck just hit us?"

Kumiko, having gone through a similar set of acrobatics, sat up, shaking her head. "Or what the heck did we hit? It was big, for sure." She slowly stood back up, getting slightly steadier as she went. "Whatever it was, we need to make sure everything is in working condition, because one way or another, that's not a good thing." One hand still on the side of her head, feeling what was most definitely some outer tissue damage, Kumiko started her console on giving her a readout of the Eucharis's systems, with commands to run an auto-diagnostic on anything odd.

Yaichiro was thrown rather violently against the wall, then to the ground while bumping his head against the base of a console. Had he been a foot higher the edge of the console might have done yet more damage, but the double-blow still left Yaichiro a bit slower to rise than the others. The officer, after taking a moment to rub the back of his head and let the spots in front of his eyes fade, started running a check on the CFS. Since accidental CFS collisions had infinitesimal odds, he wasn't so quick to come to consider that solution as the probable one. He checked the engines to see if they were still moving, and if not, would start working to GET them moving and/or shielded again.

Getting back over to his station; Takeyu waited a few moments for his head to clear up a bit. "I'll go ahead and check shield and weapons systems," he said and ran the required commands. He shook his head a few times, then continued his work.

The sudden violent shakes sent the neko tumbling about, finally landing face first on the med bay floor as the shaking subsided.

"Oww... did we actually hit something?!" Nika exclaimed, rubbing her forehead where it hurts, "Miyazawa-Hei, Takeda-Hei, daijiobu?!" She called out, looking among the mess of medical equipments scattered about.

Sune discarded the useless handset and carefully got to his feet. He then made his way to the Starship operations console, pulling himself along the console.

"Taisa, are you injured?" he said as he took a seat.

He took a moment to scan the instrumentation. "That we are in tumble means the automatic systems are not responding."

Before attempting to stabilize their trajectory, he picked up the handset and dialed the ship wide. "All sections this is bridge, Report your status."

"I am going to try the manual controls to bring the tumble to a halt." he said to Hanako as he activate the manual controls. He then started to attempt to counter the rotation.

Hanako spent several seconds scanning the area. "Visual contact! NMX scout. She is locking weapons on us. I am engaging communications jamming systems."

As the scout recovered from the impact, it first opened fire by spraying its anti-armor guns. Still careening sideways a bit, it tried to hit Eucharis with its main cannon but the shot was wildly inaccurate.

The Eucharis's tumble was slowly decreasing as he tried to bring the ship about. He could see the NMX scout ship, but at the moment the gunship was effectively dead in the water.

Sune grabbed the intercom, dialed ship wide. "All hands to BattleStations, we have an NMX Scout engaging. Engineering we need shields, weapons and propulsion immediately. We are a sitting duck at the moment."

Hell of a way to go into a fight, tumbling without the means to maneuver, or fight. he thought.

"Nika-Hei, Takeda-Heisho, are you alright?" called Konoka, worriedly, as she stooped to pick medical supplies up off the floor. Konoka just couldn't stand this sort of chaos, really. At the last second, she'd grabbed hold of a mounted unit. Luckily, despite her klutziness, Konoka was almost always able to stay cool when thown a sharp twist-even a literal sort of one, in this example.

"You two, best get to your stations quick!" Konoka advised. Seeing that Junko and Nika seemed uninjured, Konoka sent to the Taisa: Ketsurui-taisa, This is Miyazawa-Itto Hei, in medbay. I currently have Himeya-Hei and Takeda-Heisho with me. Orders? Taisa, is anyone in your sation injured?

Konoka's mind was leaping faster than a sppeding ship towards any protocol she may have missed. Now was the time to focus, so everyone else had time to get done what the Eucharis needed doing. Now, things were chaos.

And Konoka could never let chaos be. "Let's get prepared for somehting big, friends!" advised Konoka. Sure, she was worried. But, to help her friends, the Eucharis, and anybody else the scout might pose a danger to, Konoka had to whatever was ordered of her, and that was more than just worry, whatever fate would throw at her.

Yaichiro didn't know how long it'd take to get the CFS back online, but he did know something that might buy some time in what was hopefully a short interim. His fingers danced along a keyboard and he tried to bring up the ship's alternate propulsion, the Turbo Aether Plasma Engines. He then sent a response to Sune.

"The Turbo Aether Plasma Engines were the least effected by the CFS and should work now, but I don't recommend heavy use lest we be detected by more enemies. Quick and extremely light bursts could be used as an old style attitude control to stop our roll and get into a firing position for once we get a weapon online though.

If their shields are down, I could also recommend using the Graviton Beam Projector Array to move their ship and keep them from getting a good lock in the meantime."

Kumiko had already been doing her best to slowly bring all of the systems back online for the sake of safety, but the announcement of a NMX scout more or less decided both what had caused the accident, and just how fast she should try to get their propulsion and shielding back online. "Takeyu, you take care of getting the weapons and other systems back up and running, I'm going to focus on the CFS unit!" Even as she said that, she was already tapping commands into the system, bringing all of the CFS related systems back online as fast as was safely possible.

"Yes Ma'am," replied Takeyu as he switched his screen over to bringing weapons and shields back online. He tapped in commands, and saw the issue, he grumbled at how they had just gotten the ship out of repairs and already it was dinged up a bit.

As he watched the information scroll across his console; he found that working on getting either weapons or shields would present thier own small problems. Nothing he couldn't overcome naturally, just a headache. Though he had to wonder which was more important, shields would increase their survalbility while weapons would allow them to remove the threat. Yet if he prioritized shields over weapons, then it's possible the enemy would escape and that would be his failure right there. Yet if he prioritized weapons over shields, then it's possible they could be destroyed by the enemies next attack - and again his failure to do his job.

It was the type of decisions he enjoyed and smiled at. Weapons are more important, if we are able to disable or destroy them, it'll give us time to repair the systems that are damaged and unresponsive, he looked up at another display and continued to type in commands and was regarded when weapons came online.

"Weapons active," he said to Kumiko as his eyes darted across the screen of information.

Hanako took her place back in the captain's chair and secured herself with a belt. "Good job with the aether engines. Get the holographics systems online next. They cannot hurt us if they cannot see us. Then get those CFS breakers flipped back on so we have shields and main propulsion. In the meantime you may open fire."

Outside, the scout ship fired again. This time it hit the Eucharis in the starboard aux engines, tearing off the upper cone and leaving the section lit up with electrical arcs and trailing smoke. The computer notified the technicians of an imminent loss of anti-matter containment from the positron cannon on that side.

Sune smiled when he saw that the sub-light engines were on line. Bless you engineering... he thought. As the gunship tumbled he waited until the ship was facing the enemy to engage the engines.

The Eucharis no longer flailed helplessly in space and he accelerated the gunship towards the scout. Without the shields online their best defense was speed, and disabling the enemy.

Sune always knew that since he started training on the bridge he might have to fly the Eucharis. But never envisioned that his first time doing so would in combat and under manual control.

"Targeting their drone bay with the Main Weapon Array, targeting the Heavy Dual cannons on their primary weapon systems. Targeting locked...." he waited a few seconds more to close the distance for maximum effectiveness. "Firing all weapon." he said activating them. The pale pink white flare of the main array lanced out towards the Scout with the secondary guns firing at their designated targets.

Even though the Eucharis was not flying at maximum speed, gunship seemed to streak past the enemy scout in a blink. Sune disengaged the aether drives. "Executing 180 degree pitch adjustment." He said as he flipped the gunship on its axis. With the inertial systems still not operating at peak, he felt himself being pulled forward briefly. With the roll complete the Eucharis was now behind the enemy facing her stern for the moment but still moving away.

"Engaging engines to close Taisa." he said. He knew it would take a few moments for the ship's direction of movement to actually change towards the enemy.

Yaichiro held the console as he felt the ship lurch from the hit, then the turn. He noticed the imminent containment failure, and grimaced ever so slightly. As long as that was smoking and sparking, the holographics were pretty much useless to conceal them. Still, he did what he could with the computer, trying both to redirect some power to force-fields and containment systems to postpone the antimatter leak as well as get the camouflage systems back online...

"We'll need someone to prevent the antimatter containment failure from the starboard positron cannon or we'll have to vent it. I think I've bought some time, but it will fail sooner than later." he said, trying to get the camouflage systems back up and running.

Kumiko nodded, finishing bringing the CFS systems back online. "I'll take care of shielding, Takeyu, you get to work on the antimatter containment. Sir, if you could, keep monitoring overall, try and keep everything stable while we're distracted?" Her hands never hesitated, moving continuously over her control panel. Now that they had propulsion and weapons back, the only immediate issues were the antimatter, and keeping the scout ship from hitting them again, and that meant getting all of their shielding back online so they could fix the antimatter fields in (more than they had now, at least) safety.

"I'm on it ma'am," said Takeyu as he shifted his attention away from getting shields back online to getting the anti-matter containment fields stabalized.

"Containment system...." he muttered as he typed in commands. "Blast...." he scowled and looked at the information. "I've transferred power to the containment field but it's not entirely stable, give me a few moments to stabalize it," he said to Kumiko and continued to work on the field.

"I'm good... just a bump on my head." Nika winced as she touched her forehead, "I'm going to head back to the bridge to assist." With that she guide herself out of the med bay, along the corridors until the ship shook again. This time, she had anticipated it and kept her footing, finally reaching the bridge.

She arrived alittle late as Sune had everything much under control, already firing an array of beams towards their target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back