• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 10.1] Finding Freedom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 10] Finding Freedom

Taisa Hanako removed her helmet and rose form her seat to greet Voe. "Welcome aboard the Eucharis, Shoi. I would like to give you the tour, but we are about to head into NMX and, as you know, we are still repairing damage from our last battle. Your space, the cargo area, is one of the damaged areas. A torpedo explosion caused an fully-loaded enemy pod to ram into our hull and it caused a breach down there. I need to know how bad it is. You can enter through the forcefield-sealed access doors in the wall between the cargo bay and fabrication bay."

Hanako pointed to a nearby volumetric projection of the Eucharis' interior that showed the ship's internal spaces and the damage.

Takeyu struggled to calm the Neko down; he didn't know what to really do, he was no medic, and this Neko wasn't a kid so he knew the words he often used to calm his siblings down wouldn't work either.

As he watched her, he received the message from Kumiko and scowled in decision, before sending his reply.

Endoh-hei, I'm sorry but I'm presently unable to assist you. When nothing is going on down here in medical I'll make time to help you with repairs to make up for being unable to help ya right now

The Shoi paled at the sight of the damage, but she didn't panic. She only replied, "I understand, Ketsurui-Taisa. I will go down to the cargo bay and report what damage I find. She bowed again before asking, "Is there anything else, Ketsurui-Taisa?"

Voe was already planning out in her head her next move: acquire an AMES before going to assess the situation in the cargo bay.

While everyone scrambled to get a fix on the situation, Yaichiro rushed to Engineering with the Transponder. He only took a moment for MEGAMI to passively scan it to ensure no obvious bombs or traps were detected -- an active scan may have tripped something off in it. After installing a simple MEGAMI/bridge-controlled switch system to activate and deactivate the transponder's connection to the communications system, he hooked it up. He was careful not to let it lose power, and soon had it running with some effort and bolted down to a rack so it wouldn't get thrown about in combat.

Taisa, this is Yaichiro. The transponder is hooked up and operational. Its interface to the communications array for broadcast can be toggled by the bridge or by MEGAMI when needed. It's also possible to cut power to it, but doing so will erase the codes according to Nayacesen-Hei, so it is not recommended. I'm returning to work on repairs, and will work to patch the hole near the bridge next.

...I also advise we be ready for anything. Given the infinitesimal odds that the enemy scout just happened to collide with us in space, I worry that the scout was planted there. We could be heading into a trap, and that this transponder might just be used to target us.

Aborting the mission might not be an option, but waiting a bit for us to conduct more repairs for battle readiness may be prudent.

Yaichiro hoped he hadn't stepped over any lines or said too much, but he WAS brought on as an adviser. That role was still somewhat ill-defined, so all he could do was the best he could...of course, his suspicions of a mole in the 1st XF or SAINT's command structure only grew with this mission, but he couldn't present such a paranoid idea to Hanako with absolutely no evidence.

Kumiko frowned. She'd been counting on one of the two of them being available to help her out, since it was a relatively quick job. And she couldn't do it herself, because that would slow down the repair process, with her having to go get in a new armor, get outside, remove and store the pod, and than de-suit, all of which took time away from the repairs to the ship, which she was beginning to worry might be more important than they had realized. She sent out a quick message to Hanako now, not wanting to ping everyone on board the ship at once.

Code:
Taisa, is there anyone on board who is not currently occupied who can help me with a Power Armor? Nayascen-Hei and Jalen-Juni are both occupied, and I need a second person to help me finish fixing the PA bay.

Endoh-Hei

"Understood," Hanako told Yaichiro. "Stand by." Hanako hung up the phone and turned to Voe.

"Assist other crew members where possible," Hanako told the Shoi. "Endoh-hei in the power armor bay is requesting assistance. After you inspect the cargo bay please help her." The bridge lockers were well stocked and finding an AMES suit was easy enough for Voe.

Hanako rang the power armor bay and told Kumiko, "No one is available right now that I know of, but I have instructed our new crew member, Rascoe-Shoi, to assist you after she inspects the damage to the cargo bay. Taisa out."

Next Hanako called engineering back. "Yaichiro, we will not abort the mission. Secure those hull breaches. It is likely that we will make a water landing. The priorities are now to make sure the engine machinery is water-tight."

- - -

The cargo bay was trashed by an explosion that had tossed cargo containers around, destroying a few. From the scorches and damage, it was clear several missiles had launched exploded when the NMX pod had slammed through the ship's side. Above, all the lights were blown out.

The container with the ship's stock of repair supplies had been blown up and bits and pieces of the remains littered the floor. The ship's store of electronics was also totaled. The anti-grav units, portable, anti-FTL field device, computer pads, active camouflage fabric, and spare control panels had been burned and melted, still sitting in the blackened bottom half of a cargo container as if they were charcoal in a grill. The offending pod's charred hulk was resting inside. A container of food had also been destroyed by the force of the explosion, slinging burger patties, hundreds of frozen fish, spices, cookie boxes, and millions of rice grains all over the cargo area, soaking in a bath of Nepleslian energy soda drinks.

Somewhere Near The HX-23 System

In the area of the HX systems, NMX ships were a common sight... though, there was something peculiar as a group of NMX ships, consisting of a flight of battlepods along with the Tivurthinth that they launched from dropped out from faster-than-light travel. What made them peculiar was the fact that the Tivurthinth was marred and pitted with battle damage, while the battlepods swirled about the ship as if looking for something specific. Though, the peculiar became downright abnormal as a Raptor-Class LSDF ship came out of FTL just behind them, the once pristine hull was scorched and gouged with what seemed to be NMX weapon damage. It seemed, the two ships were exchanging fire with one another while chasing after... 'something'.

That 'something' they were looking for was a lone Okii-neko aeroshuttle which skimmed along the hull of the Tivurthinth, hugging close enough to catch a ride upon its CDD, and close enough to baffle the ship's turrets and the battlepods which swarmed about trying to find the little stealth shuttle, which would have certainly been destroyed if not for the ECM and active camouflage features which kept being put into play. Though... that luck was fading as one of the battle-pods caught sight of the ripple of the star-scape which gave the shuttle away...

“Damn it.” Cursed the shuttle's pilot, a lone purple-haired NH-27 that had come a long way, and did not intend to die to a miserable battlepod in the middle of an Empress forsaken system. Quickly she threw the shuttle into a sharp deceleration, dropping out from behind the Tivurthinth, and now sitting between the Raptor-Class, and the NMX patrol ship. She knew her options were limited... she had to rely on the two still having an ambition to kill each other, instead of to merely capture or kill her first. That hope glimmered a bit as the Raptor-Class unleashed a blistering spray of railgun fire which seemed to be directed at the Tivurthinth... but... it also seemed to be intended for the shuttle. Evasive maneuvers came into play as the shuttle weaved between the hailstorm of weapons fire, only to have her shuttle be hit by one of the rounds which burst into an antimatter explosion that flung her shuttle a few kilometers off course as a group of Cardinal-Class fighters streaked from the Raptor-Class in the direction of her shuttle, which was now very visible, and vulnerable as the battlepods went to intercept her as well.

Her options were dwindled down to nothing as the Cardinal-Class fighters and the NMX Battlepods began to dogfight one another around her shuttle. She only had to worry about the Cardinal-Class ships mostly, as they aimed to shoot her out of the sky, only to have the battlepods interrupt their efforts... they seemed to be aiming to capture her and the shuttle. “Well...” the pilot mused to herself as she weighed her choices... finding only one desperate option available to her at that point, and it made her frown before she carried it out.

”This is Taii Helen Klein of Star Army Intelligence, any ships in the area, please respond, I am under attack by NMX and Lorath Matriarchy forces... my shuttle is damaged, I require immediate assistance. Any friendly ships, please respond.”

That was it, that was her grand emergency plan, to call for help... it was pathetic, she figured, but it was better than being raped by the NMX, or incinerated by the Lorath. For the moment though, she had a chance of being saved as the NMX and the Lorath fought it out for the opportunity to have at her, as she hoped for some sort of miracle.

"It looks like we have someone to help," Hanako said, dialing the intercom. "Combat Alert, Combat Alert. Set condition one throughout the ship. This is not a drill."

The Eucharis made a nearby instant fold jump to the shuttle's location.

"Initiate communications jamming. Target the NMX ship and open fire," Hanako ordered.

With the appearance of the Eucharis, Helen felt a surge of relief wash through her, and that relief was quickly pushed aside as she quickly went about adjusting her shuttle's course to take her in the direction of the friendly ship.

For the moment, the scuffle continued between the Raptor-Class, and the NMX ship.

While Sune waited for the PMS-1 to report, he pulled out the hypo and gave himself enough of a shot of pain killer to let him function without impairing his judgment.

Medical Scan Complete
Sternum - Hairline Fracture and stress fractures
Ribs 2,3 and 4 Hairline Fracture
Lumbar Vertebra # 4 fractured and stressed, causing pressure on disk and nerve.
Upon hearing the Taisa's voice calling for Condition One, Sune decided that he could no longer wait for Konoka. He needed to perform his duty, he could be treated and healed later.

He used the LASR as a fulcrum to shift the Mindy enough that he could slither from under it. Once free he considered his options. Heading to the bridge was not an option last he knew there was fire in the main hallway. Wait, the Recreation Room, I can do what the Taisa did after the battle in Veritas.

Using his bodies anti-gravity ability, he made his way over to the entrance to the 0-G passageway. He was sweating heavily from the strain he was putting on his body by the time he entered the hallway. In the 0-G moving was easier and he quickly ascended to the next level.

Entering the rec room he went to the holo-chamber, "Charisma, I need a volumetric recreation of the Systems and Safety Monitoring station, and 0 G in the chamber. Synchronize the station with the one on the bridge, and open an audio channel to the bridge."

When the section of the bridge formed in the chamber Sune floated into the chair.

"Taisa, I am using a simulation of my station to assist for as long as possible. Commencing scans of ships in the vicinity." he said. entering the commands

"I understand, Ketsurui-Taisa," Voe replied with another bow before getting to work. She quickly acquired an AMES from one of the bridge lockers, removed her uniform, and put the suit on. The supply officer then made her way towards the ruined cargo bay.

---

Voe arrived at the cargo bay shortly after Hanako had called Condition One. She was now grateful for putting on the AMES suit when she had. The cargo bay was a complete mess. The Geshrin made a mental checklist of everything that was damaged or completely destroyed.

The situation in the cargo bay had distressed Voe a little, but the sight of the pod that had caused such destruction was even more chilling to her. Her report could probably wait until the ship had exited from Condition One, so she began to make her way to the power armor bay in search of Kumiko.

With the NMX ship's shields already disabled by the Lorath ship, it was no match for the suddenly-appearing Yamataian gunship's focused fire. Before it could turn its attention away from the Raptor, Hanako nailed it with all four anti-starship turrets, a rapid burst from the main cannon, and a positron blast from the remaining pylon cannon. The enemy ship was totaled, losing power and tumbling in space, its forward two-thirds now a charred ship-skeleton and its back third without power or control.

"I destroyed the NMX ship but there could be more. It appears the NMX attacked the Lorath ship while it was following the SAINT shuttle. The Lorath ship is way out of its normal space. This could be a good opportunity to get some information on the UOC," Hanako told Sune. "Use the volumetric camouflage to impersonate some other Plumeria and please contact the Lorath. Do not let them know I am aboard. We have...issues."

Sune's scans showed no further NMX or SMX ships in the immediate area so far, but it was likely they would investigate soon.

With the NMX ship destroyed, it left the Raptor-Class LSDF ship to its own devices, while fully knowing just what the situation quite possibly was. It left the crew to a debate on their damaged bridge... along with the task of piecing together what they could before being inevitably shot at or contacted.

"Engine, weapon, and shield status! Report!" Ordered the Sub-Commander from her command chair as her yellow pupils darted from the command interface built into her chair, to the position of the bridge's engineering officer... the engineering officer which was dead on the floor, a victim of an exploding conduit, which left their replacement to relay messages.

"Sublight engines are at eighty-five percent, FTL engines are undamaged... Sunfury cannon number-one is down, number two is operable and charged, solid munition bays are reporting that railguns are still active, with the exception of the 200mm on our port side. Missile systems are undamaged. Our forward shields are down, working on rotating the shield projection now... Sub-commander, engineering also reports that the hull has suffered multiple breaches... Force fields are holding." Came the report from the engineering replacement.

A frown crossed the lips of the Sub-Commander. Lacking forward shields, and a Sunfury being disabled left the Raptor-Class vulnerable to the Plumeria, enough so to give the Lmanel Sub-Commander pause. "Helm, adjust course, bring us broadside starboard to the Plumeria. Weapons station, refrain from active targeting locks but conduct a sensor scan for identification and status of their ship. Maintain ready status, but do not fire, that goes for the fighters too... we'll listen to their talk when it comes, if they did not want to talk, they would have already shot at us. However, ready the Hawk-Class and Whirlwind for launch... we know how things go with their kind... and for Goddess' sake! Someone turn out that console fire and get the bridge lights online! I do not want to look worse off than we are when they contact us!"

------

Meanwhile, on the Okii-Neko shuttle, Helen found herself in quite the situation as the Cardinal-Class fighters which accompanied the Raptor-Class went about flying circles around her shuttle, they had already damaged her engines fairly bad so she could not make a break for it, though, they did hold off, not wanting to incur the wrath of the Plumeria-Class' guns.

"Taii Klein to Plumeria-Class ship, thank you for your assistance, I'm still alive here for now but I will need to be pulled in with a graviton beam once you get the pigeons out of my hair." She spoke as she went about quickly putting on an atmospheric suit, just for the event of having to bail out and get to the Plumeria under her own power.

Sune considered quickly what ship to use, and quickly decided upon the sister ship to the Eucharis. The NG-X1-0409 the Aeon had the same physical characteristics, so it would just be a matter of changing the colors. Better to stick to something as factual as possible.

Accessing the volumetrics Sune fed the necessary parameters and engaged the system. He brought up the communications system, had Charisma prepare an audio modulation subroutine to modify his voice to sound like the other commander if he needed to use her voice.

"Lorath vessel, this is the YSS Aeon, under the command of Ise Katae Taisa.

You are a long way from your home port. Recall your fighters from the Star Army shuttle immediately, or we will open fire."

"To the point... are they not?" Mused the Sub-Commander before she gestured her hand to the communications officer to open the channel.

"Hello Katae, I am Sub-Commander Aves. I'm sorry, but that shuttle is carrying an individual suspected of espionage, and starship theft. We will not simply abandon our pursuit with such a ham-fisted demand from a ship not even in Yamataian space." Came the Sub-Commander's reply.

"Sub-commander..." Came a silent message from the sensor operator. "Visual sensors indicate the ship is the YSS Aeon, though, our other sensor systems are giving conflicting reports, they have some sort of active energy field in place, sensors also indicate battle-damage, ma'am."

With the report, the Sub-commander quirked her brow, curious as to just what the ship was up to, though, she still played things with a cool hand, cooler than that of a Fyunnen. She had to give the cats a reason to give pause, just as she did herself. "Taisa, at this time, I would like to remind you that we are both in enemy territory. An armed confrontation may leave the victor of the conflict in quite a disadvantage. I would suggest you cease your amateurish attempts at intimidation, and conduct a proper dialog, or we can both sit here and wait for a squadron of enemy ships to kill us, you, and the shuttle pilot."

As the Sub-Commander spoke, a steady series of messages were streamed into her cybernetic implant, informing her of the status of her ship as the engineers worked at a frenzied pace below decks, while the reserve crew went about preparing their small craft for launch.

"Gotta go Miyazawa,hei," said Takeyu as he bolted out of the infirmary and headed for engineering, he bounded over some debris but soon ran into a black shutter that wasn't locked into place.

He managed to open it; and continued on his way, but made another note to check these things if they ever get some available time - or if they ever got back to the Ikoi to have the techs on board make certain to check the system out and figure out why some of the blast shutters aren't locking into place.

"Here," said Takeyu as he marched into engieering, still wearing his power armor but he didn't care to get out of it. He brought his station online, and right away he started monitoring weapons and shields.

"By the way Shosa, blast shutters are still not working properly. I was able to get through those that lead straight to engineering from medical. I did run into a few that were locked into place, but the others weren't," said Takeyu as he turned partway toward the engineering door, and then checked his weapon configuration on his armor - just in case they had company, though he had no desire to take on another Ripper.

"Power levels nominal," he said to no one in particular. "Do you want me to monitor any specific system Shosa?" he asked.

The phone in engineering rang. It was Hanako. "I have no intention of starting a shooting war with the Lorath nor will I let them take a Star Army member prisoner. Takeyu, teleport onto that shuttle immediately, get the SAINT agent, and teleport back with her. I will then destroy the shuttle with the main cannon. Be fast about it."

Yaichiro raised an eyebrow when Takeyu arrived. The blast shutters, eh? That could be a problem. He worked to try and nail down the problem, especially since the medbay had those prisoners in it...he listened to the communications to keep aware of the ship's status, and almost facepalmed when he heard the false Taisa...the Lorath wouldn't take that well.

Toshiro noted the phone call and gave a light sympathetic smile. "You're popular today, aren't you?"

Yaichiro sent a communication to the bridge...

Taisa, should the opportunity arise and if it survives, taking THIS NMX craft's transponder may be prudent. This is especially true if we can determine what their mission was...whoever is in that shuttle may be able to tell us enough to bluff our way through to a degree, and it may be better than mimicking a scout that just appeared in our flight path with infinitesimal odds.

It may mean stalling this Lorath ship from whatever it was trying to accomplish though...

Sune tried to figure out what do to next. There was no way he could give the shuttle to the Lorath, especially not on their say.

He started accessing the Type 31 EWS system while he spoke,

"Sub-Commander Aves, regardless of our location. I am honor bound to render aid to any Star Army Personnel. You are correct, this location is hazardous, but I can not simply turn over this person on your say so. If you wish to press charges against this person, the I suggest that you submit a formal request for extradition, through your government channels."

Sune paused, and brought the Graviton Beam Projector online. I hope you enjoy the shell game. he thought as he activated both the systems.

The Type 31 EWS system first emitted a sensor white noise pulse effectively blinding all sensors. At that moment the Graviton Beam Projector gave a brief pull on the shuttle to change its position and movement. As the EWS stopped the white noise, the EWS system projected multiple sensor & volumetric ghosts of the shuttle moving in different directions.

"Indeed, seem's I am," said Takeyu with a grin, though it wasn't noticable behind his helmet. He quickly got out of his chair and walked out into the hallway, just to be on the safe side. "Charisma, need coordinates of that shuttle please," he said and noticed that his teleportation unit was still fully charged.

Once the coordinates were given, he knelt down, unsure of whether there was damage in the shuttle of not. The next thing he was was a blinding light, as the unit came online and teleported him from within Engineering to the shuttle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back