• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 10.1] Finding Freedom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 10] Finding Freedom

Engineering

Yaichiro would have liked to do a lot more repair work, including replacing the pylon CFS conduits, but he couldn't do that...and with the alerts as they were, he was stuck manning Engineering rather than helping with the repairs.

He'd have to design a hull repair drone of some sort later, given all the hull patching they'd been doing lately. He put a note of that in the ship's computer, just in case he failed to return from the mission or something.

As it was, he was optimizing the current configuration for the best and most stable coverage possible, making do with what they had. He didn't dare apply any CFS configuration alterations while they were using it for FTL, so he ran simulations and figured out what he could before the battle. He was operating under the assumption that the stealth element of their mission would fail. This was not only because he suspected an information leak, but also because he couldn't recall a single time he served with Hanako where stealth did not eventually fail them or fall by the wayside.

When he put the note in the computer, Charisma responded by informing him that there were three Mobile Spanner Drones in the Cargo Bay.

Yaichiro literally facepalmed.

If he'd known about that particular non-standard hardware, this would have gone a lot faster...no one else had thought to break those out either, but in the end, he was responsible. He did some communications with Charisma, and the three robots activated...fortunately they were intact, and started to repair the damage in the Cargo Bay straight away, aided by direction of Charisma and the presence of Damage Control Stations for raw hull patching materials.

Re: [Mission 10] Finding Freedom

HX-13 System

Eucharis burst forth from hyperspace in a flash and immediately her volumetric camouflage systems faded back into place, disguising the gunship as the NMX Scout ship.

Immediately, the system defense ship in charge challenged the infiltrator: "NMX XSS Stalker, please state the reason for your presence."

Hanako hung up the phone. The medical bay had not answered, so she would have to wing it without detailed information from the prisoners. She opened voice communications.

"This is the Stalker," Hanako answered. "We were sent to assist at Bizankro but ran into an enemy scout while we were en route and were not able to join the battle before it ended. Our water storage tanks were pierced during the exchange and vented into space. We intend to land on the planet and repair the tank and refill our water supplies."

"Very well," the NMX commander replied.

The disguised Eucharis headed toward the system's warm, blue planet.

Hanako got on the intercom again. "Attention: One minute to atmospheric entry. Deescalate to condition two. Evacuate all hull breach areas. Shoi Voe, form a search team and assemble it at the wardroom. When we reach cruising altitude we will drop the team at the site of the YSS Freedom."

Next, Hanako turned to Nika. "Scan for the wreckage of the YSS Freedom."

Kumiko paused, wishing she wasn't working in the vacuum. All she had left was one more seal, just closing up the last edge, and she'd be done with the power armor bay's breach. she went to wipe her forehead, remembered she was in a suit, and smiled sardonically before getting back to work.

Code:
Thanks, Takeyu-san. I should be finishing up here soon, so I'll meet you back there in just a moment. Let me know if you guys need me somewhere else though.

That said, she started finishing up her work here in the armor bay. At least the accessories weren't lost, even if she didn't have time to get them all back up into the compartment. She collected the tools left over in the bay, got them all stored and stashed where they needed to be, and started back towards the Engineering bay.

Engineering

Takeyu stepped into engineering, looking around first before taking a seat at his station. "How are things Shosa?" he asked as he checked through the ships systems, though he was certain the Shosa was monitoring those himself he just wanted to check them himself.

Stopping briefly; he now wondered whatelse was going to happen on this mission.

Medbay

The AMBU and Konoka completed the surgery to relieve the pressure on his spinal cord. After Konoka had successfully closed the surgical site, Sune had her and the ANU assist him with putting on a tunic and then the back brace with the pressure bandage. Once the brace and bandage was in place he could breath easier, and with out fear of doing himself more harm.

After hearing the announcement that they were in HX-13 he turned to Konoka, "You best prepare yourself to go on the away team. They will want a medic and you are the only able bodied we have." He said with a wink. "I am going to report to the Taisa on the bridge."

Sune made his way to the bridge using his anti-grav as he did not trust his legs to stand or hold his weight. He took a moment to compose his facial expression and turned to face Hanako, "Jalen-Juni reporting for duty Taisa." He said and carefully made his way to the Mission Ops station." Once seated he let out a soft sigh of relief.

Pending further orders from Hanako, there was little for Helen to do at that point aside from taking a standing position near the command chair, with her hands clasped behind her back as she looked upon the bridge, and evaluated the situation as she also began to silently communicate with the ship's MEGAMI, mostly catching up on old news, filing back-logged reports, and composing her own report regarding the events of her time in Lorath space. It was a rather welcome moment of being idle within a sea of tension.

Yaichiro responded to Hanako's announcement by sending a message.

Taisa, permission to use force fields on hull breaches? Normally it'd go without saying, but since we're mimicking an intact enemy ship, I want your permission before making detectable energy surges....though they shouldn't be large enough to be detected compared to the heat and friction of the atmosphere, or the CFS if we use it on re-entry. I've got CFS calibration ready for matching the enemy scout's sensor signature as well, and mixing it as best I can with our reduced CFS capabilities.

He then got Takeyu's comment and responded quickly.

Could be better, could be worse. I wish we'd had more time...and that I was aware of these Mobile Spanner Drones sooner. This ship seems to have a lot on non-standard, non-SAoY systems that I'm not yet familiar with.

Bridge

"What do you intend to project the fields with?" Hanako replied to Toshiro.

The planet ahead now dwarfed the disguised Eucharis and was getting larger each moment until it filled the main view screen. Hanako then slowed the ship down abruptly. The ship began to vibrate as it began to descend.

"That looks like a typhoon," Hanako commented, pointing out a swirling mass of cloud cover. She checked their descent path...it went right through it. "This would have been nice to know. Where are those scans, Nika??"

Snapping out of her idle moment, Helen took quick inventory of the situation, it was apparent that the current crew of the Princess' ship were having difficulties... and that left Helen to take an active role, after all, she was a Taii. Of course, only part of her was thinking as a Yamataian officer as she moved to Nika's position, where she promptly grasped onto her sides, pulling her up and out of the chair before standing her beside it, then taking the position, it was more of a Lorath behavior than a Yamataian one, but it came from Helen's long stretch of playing such a part.

"Taisa, conducting scans... relaying airstream currents to MEGAMI for navigation corrections. Now scanning for the YSS Freedom or what is left... detecting wreckage which corresponds to a Plumeria-Class Gunship near and in a river approximately one-hundred kilometers from our position, projecting a local map with an indicator for the position of the wreckage. Also detecting vehicle wreckage... active power cells... and some SMX and NMX activity. Also detecting additional non-synthetic life-signs." Helen reported as she peered through the ship's sensors as if they were her own eyes.

As she made her report, a volumetric window popped up beside Hanako, outside of her line-of-sight so it would not distract her heavily. On the window was a display of a terrain map, with the position of the detected wreckage marked upon it.

Bridge

Nika was distracted by the data provided by Charisma regarding the planet, especially the ones where the ship actually went through the typhoon. It was then Helen 'neko-handled' her off the chair, taking over the position, which immediately brought her face to full red with embarrassment...

Power Armor Bay

After getting lost and consulting MEGAMI multiple times, Voe finally made it to the power armor bay. The Geshrin sighed from within her suit, wondering if she would ever get the hang of getting around this ship. She also hoped that she wasn't too late and sent a message to Kumiko.

Rascoe Voe Shoi said:
Kumiko-Hei, this is Rascoe-Shoi. I have made it to the power armor bay. I am sorry for taking so long, but is there still anything I can do to help?

Bridge

Sune was monitoring the sensor data, and noticed that they were getting not one but two significant readings of materials consistent with the Plumeria class. He adjusted the scans and made some calculations with Charisma's assistance. His analsys left only one conclusion.

"Taisa, not wishing to contradict the Taii, but there is in fact two crash sites, with a trail of debris stretching between them. The debris is spread over a 500 km path.... Ma'am the only conclusion is the Freedom broke up in the atmosphere... most likely while attempting an emergency landing. The site the Taii identified appears to be the aft section." Sune offered from his station.

Engineering

Takeyu tapped the front of his helmet for a moment and sighed. "I wasn't even aware we had those onboard, and I'm a tech too... so much for keeping myself appraised of stuff onboard," he allowed himself to sigh at his own stupidity. Gotta do better... he thought to himself.

Since everything seemed normal; at least according to the data he was getting at his station, minus a small fluctuation here and there that he quickly corrected, he rested his back against his seat and allowed himself to relax just a bit.

Bridge

"We are entering the storm," Hanako said, strapping herself in. The Eucharis was wildly buffeted as she descended further into the atmosphere and into the rain bands of the mega-storm. The flames and pressure flowing into the ship through the hull breaches became intense suction as the pressure equalized. The ship jerked back and forth and went through sudden lifts and stomach-bothering drops as it passed through sheets of wind and rain, cracking with lightning.

"Once we are clear of the storm, the search team will parachute out of the cargo bay to the beach near the site of the vehicle wreckage," Hanako explained over the intercom.

Yaichiro had done what he could for the Cargo Bay in the short time he had...what containers and vehicles that weren't tied down, he had those drones rush to secure before securing themselves...the pressurization was violent, but he hoped that most of the remaining items would be alright...he sighed, making another note to himself in the computer.

Consider force field emitters installed in frame of ship in cargo bay and perhaps other areas for future designs.

Engineering

Kumiko stepped through the door into engineering, and paused upon receiving Voe's message. Of course, now... She sighed. At this point, she should be used to this, since it was standard on this ship.

Code:
Thank you for offering, Rascoe-Shoi. We've finished up the repairs I needed someone outside for, and I've headed back to engineering for now. If you still wish to help, I'm sure we can use another pair of hands for something, but I just got back myself.

That said, she looked up. "Takeyu-san! Is there anything that we need to get done before we touch down? Rascoe-Shoi might be coming to help us."

Bridge

Sune was grateful that he had strapped himself in, but even still the wild ride of the Eucharis through the storm was a nightmare for him. His injuries made him acutely aware of every bump, jostle and jar.

He did what was best for him, and focused on the task before him. Sensors were critical so he monitored them, while also monitoring the ship status. He was definitely concerned about the already damaged pylon.

He cocked his head to ensure that he heard properly. Parachute? Surely she does not propose that the rescue team is going to drop into the area on cloth. Power armor would provide all the landing control.... unless the Taisa was afraid the armor would be detected.

He dialed the ship wide intercom, "Volunteers for the rescue team report to the cargo bay immediately."

En-route to Cargo Bay

Glad to have been able to help Sune, by the time her comrade had made the announcement, Konoka, full of a renewed sense of enthusiasm, had prepared a medical kit and begun a trek to the cargo bay.

It helped to think ahead-especially when fishy things like this happened.

She hoped the rest of the crew would be ready soon. As Sune had sugggested, it would be could to be of some help. To be honest, the idea of rescuing the crew of the Freedom from NMX actually sounded exciting. Konoka was really necessary today, and she'd be glad to be able to keep everyone she could find able. She liked helping: now she had an opportunity.

She'd be a fish-head not to take it. Entering the cargo bay, she decided she'd have to get ready until everybody else was ready to help, too. That, of course, was her goal, after all.

But, she'd still try to help most-and first. It was needed. Konoka, though, loved being needed.

"Meh, take your time, everybody, only a mission of rescue and recovery...in a freaky, stormy place full of foes....." Great. Now, Konoka was worried.

Well, somebody had to be.

Engineering

Takeyu blinked at the message from the Taisa, then from the Juni. He could only assume that they were unaware that no search party had yet been formed.

"Nothing that I'm aware of, but no search party has yet to be formed... though the Juni 'did' just request Volunteers to assemble in the cargo bay, guess I'll head out and see if I can be of any help," he said curiously. He then tapped his lower chin thoughtfully before taking the risk and sent off a message to the Taisa, but at the same time he got up and walked over to the door and stopped short of it. He was considering actually taking his power armor off and switching into an AMES, but he would wait to see what the word was at the cargo bay.

Code:
Taisa, Nayacesen-hei here.

No search team has yet to be formed, there was no call for people to assemble in the Wardroom. I don't know if the Shoi receieved your message or not, with the damage to the ship, it's possible she never recieved your message

Helen continued to operate the console that she had commandeered, and as she continued to conduct scans she decided to ask the question which sprang to mind at the request for volunteers. "Taisa, where do you think I would be of most use to the mission?" She asked, unsure of if Hanako wished for more help with the ship, or with the actual ground operation. Helen was quite fine with either task though, considering that if the ship was detected for what it truly was, it would certainly be just as risky to be aboard as it would be to be on the ground below, and in either case she knew she could be of use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back