• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 10.3] Recovery And Reunion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sune's communicator beeped with a message. He accessed it via telepathic link. He noted that Hanako had replied using his given name and replied with hers as well. Well, I did say that I would be her friend, so I guess this is her way of saying that I can use her given name in unofficial situations. A promotion as well. he thought with a smile, but if faded when he saw the rest of her note.

Sune then sent telepathic commands to the ANU to start reconstruction of Pineapple, Cherry, Lime. It would take a while for their bodies to be formed, so he could take care of Sukeharu. He then sent a request via Charisma to make dinner reservations for Hanako and himself at Sam's Island Grill for 7pm.

"Well young man, looks like I have a change of plans. Let me get you settled in your quarters, and some money. It would seem that I have more work to take care of now." he said as he started walking towards the nearest airlock. "I think a resourceful young man like your self who survived a year on HX-13 should be able to handle himself on a Starbase for a while."

The boy had watched Sune as the new Shoi seemed to be thinking to himself. While Sune was busy with his telepathic communications, Sukeharu had looked down at the piece of paper in his hand.

Nashoba said:
"Well young man, looks like I have a change of plans. Let me get you settled in your quarters, and some money. It would seem that I have more work to take care of now." he said as he started walking towards the nearest airlock. "I think a resourceful young man like your self who survived a year on HX-13 should be able to handle himself on a Starbase for a while."
Sukeharu followed, still thinking they were going for food and staring at the ticket. The meanings behind the symbols on it slowly coming back, and he whispered them as he sounded out the words. Most of the words, though, were meaningless.

Sune walked with Sukeharu, this was the kind of situation that Konoka would have been perfect for. Her helping attitude would be most useful, but she was not around. When they stepped out of the airlock he stopped at a nearby terminal. He quickly sent a series of commands via the terminal selecting a set of quarters for the young man. He also put in a request for some generic clothes to be delivered to the room as well. He set up a KS Card for Sukeharu to use and transferred 5,000 KS which Sune figured would be sufficient to take care of the boy for a while.

"Ok I have set up a few necessities. I promised you some food, so now we will get something to eat and take it to your quarters." He started making his way to the Ikoi's wardroom. He stopped at a terminal near it. "Sukeharu, do you know how to use a terminal? They are quite useful to help you get around a starbase."

OKay so much for that idea, I will have to see about contacting a member of the station crew to help oversee this young man's reintroduction to society. Sune thought, he smiled at Sukeharu.

"Well that is okay, the station has other ways of taking questions." He opened the door to the Wardroom and looked for a suitable table. "We will sit over there and get something to eat." he said pointing to a table.

He then sent a message via the starbase computer.
To: Galina Kinder-Shoi
Ma'am I have a situation that I would like to ask your assistance with. Its regarding one of the survivors from HX-13. He appears to be an orphan and so far there has been no luck finding any relations.

I have to return to the Eucharis to continue my duties, I would like to turn the young man over to you until such time as you can find a better suited individual.

Jalen Sune-Shoi

Sune crossed over to the table and took a seat.

Message said:
To: Shoi Jalen Sune

I'm sure what to do in such a case but I think that we should try to find him a civilian family back on Yamatai. Failing that, maybe he could work on the station helping out with one of the restaurants or something. I've heard the Ketsurui family adopts sometimes...maybe you should ask Hanako to check if he can live with Michiko or one of the other royals. In the meantime, I will ask the mom and dad that Hanako rescued from Sbuhfaba to take care of him.

Ikoi Wardroom/Mess Hall

The combined mess hall and wardroom on the Ikoi was bigger than the one on the Eucharis; in particular, its ceiling was much higher. It was dinner time so there were several tables of soldiers, mostly Nekovalkyrja, taking up the larger tables. A few of them were former Eucharis crew members now on the Vesper and patches from the Nadeshiko could be spotted too. The air was filled with the sounds of quiet talking, fans running in the nearby galley, clinking dishes, and the scent of fried chicken, pasta, and tomato. A quick glance at the trays revealed they were serving Chicken Parmesan with a Caesar spinach salad, sliced peaches, and chocolate pudding on the side. Large flat-screen monitors on the walls were showing presentations about the UOC, SMX, and Lorath, or they were showing SANDRA newscasts.

Eucharis Bridge

Hanako scrolled through the Star Army's updated equipment and uniform lists and saw that the black weather coat was being standardized, along with the tricorne hat she'd used ages ago for dare parties. Another artifact for the militaria collection, Hanako thought. She ordered updated standard issue gear for the crew, to include the new caps and coats. Next, Hanako ordered something larger...a tank.

Ikoi Wardroom/Mess Hall

To: Shoi Galina Kinder

Thank you for your suggestion. I will speak to the Taisa about this matter at my earliest convenience. Right now I am taking him for a decent meal and will leave him in the quarters I arranged for him.

After checking the trays of the other persons in the Wardroom, he identified several items that he thought would appeal to the young man. However he waited for Sukeharu to take a seat so that he could point to what others were eating that he wanted to try. Once he knew what the young man wanted he would go and bring him back a tray.

To: Ketsurui Hanako Taisa

Ma'am, one of the survivors is an orphan who was evacuated. Do you know anyone who would be capable of taking him in?

Also I have made reservations for us at Sam's Island Grill for 7pm. Shall I come to your quarters, or meet you there?

Sukeharu stopped at the doorway to the mess hall and looked around before entering. After being on his own for a year, a room of people was a strange sight to him, the sounds also only vaguely familiar. They were being so loud, and gathered so close together...they shouldn't be close together, they were targets that way...

Many incidents played out; primary among them was the first day after the crash. Everyone had stuck together and that was when the enemy came. More recently, the same thing had happened at the pick-up: friendlies had gathered and the enemy had begun killing them. Sukeharu's stomach tightened and his appetite vanished despite the smells wafting out from the kitchen. His eyes narrowed in worry before he turned and walked back down the corridor a little ways while looking for somewhere to hide, trying to distance and conceal himself from the group without losing sight of them, as he had always done. Hide, and watch.

Sune watched the young rescuee exhibit classic fight or flight, and opt for flight. He mentally sighed and got up and walked out into the hallway.

"Sukeharu, come back. I will take you to your room and have food brought to you there." He called out as he looked around for his charge. He started walking down the passage way in the direction that he had seen the boy bolt. While making a mental note to update Sukeharu's file to include Agoraphobia.

The boy wasn't far from the door. Failing to locate anything to hide behind, he was huddled against the wall, head ducked down and watching the doorway carefully. When Sune came out Sukeharu focused on him while his gaze flickered past the newly-promoted Shoi down the hall and at the doorway.

Meanwhile, the sounds coming from the mess hall hadn't changed. No screams, no explosions. He frowned, then looked back at Sune and slowly got up as he was beckoned and let Sune lead him away.

"Sorry about that, guess that was kind of intimidating. The Wardroom on the Eucharis is smaller and a lot more quiet." Sune said as he made his way to the room he had arranged for Sukeharu.

Once they got to the room, Sune opened the door and stepped in. Lying on the bed in neat piles were 3 sets of clothes, a light weight blue coat, and a ball cap. A KS card was sitting on the table.

"This will be your room for now, I ordered you some clean clothes. They should fit for a while, that is until you start eating regularly and put some weight on." he said pointing to them on the bed.

Sune picked up the KS card, "This is a KS card, it has 5,000 KS on it so you can make purchases when you want, it is in your name so only you can use it." He put the card back down on the table.

He walked to the rear of the room, "This is the bathroom, you have a shower to clean up in, there is shampoo and soap in the shower. You also have a sink and a toilet."

Sune walked back and took a seat in one of the chairs. "Your food should be here in about fifteen minutes, so feel free to check out the room, or go get cleaned up. I'm sure a hot shower will feel good after so long on that planet."

Message said:
To: Shoi Jalen Sune

I will write to Michiko at the palace and see if she is willing to take him in or knows someone who can. I have just spoken with Shoi Kinder and she told me that Fabio and Keisha Knox, the two Nepleslian parents rescued from Sbuhfaba, are willing to care for him in the meantime. I think that being with their children will be good for his psyche as well.

Tonight I will meet you at the restaurant.

-Hanako

The boy more or less ignored what Sune was saying. This place didn't smell like the other place, which was disappointing, especially for his stomach. He looked at the clothes when Sune pointed at them, then at the card when that was presented. He had never used one before, nor did it appear edible, so the card was not interesting.

Sukeharu poked around the rest of the room as Sune presented the bathroom, looking at things. It was quiet here, with an aura of several sounds that pervaded this part of the station, something more felt or on the edge of his vision than heard. It wasn't the direct sounds of the jungle, and it bothered him but he didn't know if it was good or bad. After a while it became calming to him, almost like feeling a cat purr would to someone else. Which was good, because the walls were beginning to make him feel trapped.

With his investigation of the room complete Sukeharu got up on the bed and sat in his half-crouching way, fingers gripping the edge, positioned nearest to where Sune was seated. The mattress gave under his small weight, but he maintained his balance well. So seated, he watched Sune.

Sune looked at his communicator at the message that had come in from Hanako.

"Well, your food will be here shortly. Meanwhile, there are some people who have agreed to help you for a while. They are a family that we rescued from the Mishhu a few months back. The Knox's will help you until a more permanent situation is worked out...."

The door chimed, and Sune got up and walked over to it. There was a steward from the wardroom with a cart with several covered plates. He thanked the person and pulled the cart in.

"As I promised, here is your food. I hope you like it, I ordered what the young people on the Bouken liked to eat." He said, with a brief flash of pain.

He positioned the cart next to the small table in the room, lifted one plate off and sat at the table. "There is fried chicken, salad, sliced peaches and chocolate pudding. Help yourself." he said as he picked up a set of utensils and started eating the fried chicken.

Ikoi Brig

demibear said:
"How high were you within Prison Management?" Mikael said in his neutral voice again.

"I wasn't in charge, if that's what you are asking. I handled things according to my orders. I oversaw the prisoner containment cells of my block and operated a tentacle system that would transport the prisoners to place such as the rail transport to the butcher room. I also drugged the prisoners when required," the neko replied.

Mikael knew that asking them anything without a real plan was pointless. He grabbed and opened his communicator and proceeded to send a message to the Hanako just for that guidance.

Code:
Ketsurui Hanako Taisa,
 I am currently questioning the NMX prisoners the Eucharis captured. Anything you would like to know, ma'am?

Harris-Hei

"Tentacle system?" Mikael asked, raising his right eyebrow as he closed and put his communicator in its pouch.

Ikoi Brig

"The prisoner storage area had a large cluster of tentacles on the ceiling, used similarly to the way a crane would be used to move objects around a warehouse."

Code:
To: Harris-Hei

1. Specifically, what is the purpose of the butchering of our citizens?

Man those things love tenacles, he thought to himself as he listened to the answer of his question. He felt his communicator vibrate and pulled it out to look at the recieved message.

Code:
To: Harris-Hei

1. Specifically, what is the purpose of the butchering of our citizens?

Mikael kinda half smiled for a sec while he sent a response.

Code:
To: Taisa Hanako

Roger, anything else ma'am?

Starbase Brig

Kiko watched impassively. Butchered? Does he mean that literally or as a metaphor for pointless killing? Probably the second one; the purpose of the first is obviously to eat them.

Yaichiro, having finished his extended shower, walked out notably clean and with some extra color to his cheeks as he wore his new Chusa rank patch. The advisor had work to do, however, and started an accounting of what was lost on the last mission given the sensors in that room which had been repaired by Ikoi technicians.
Someone had to do it, especially with the Shoi who was responsible for it being dead.

Yaichiro went to Engineering and reset the power draw priorities from fusion first to aether first before shutting the fusion reactors down. He flushed them for radioactive material and started the inspection and any maintenance needed as he texted Hanako.

Code:
Taisa, have you already placed requests to Logistics to replace the items lost in the cargo bay?  I'm wondering if I still need to look into that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back