• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 10.3] Recovery And Reunion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guest Quarters, station

Nashoba said:
Sune looked at his communicator at the message that had come in from Hanako.

"Well, your food will be here shortly. Meanwhile, there are some people who have agreed to help you for a while. They are a family that we rescued from the Mishhu a few months back. The Knox's will help you until a more permanent situation is worked out...."
Sukeharu just watched Sune, blankly. Attentive, but blankly. Well, at least until the word "family" came up, and moreso when "Mishhu" was mentioned. That earned the Shoi a brief twitch of a frown. The boy didn't seem to keen on the idea those words represented, and it was unlikely he knew that they were being mentioned separately. He heard them said in the same breath, knew what they meant to him, and didn't want anything to do with either (especially not together).

The door chimed, and Sune got up and walked over to it. There was a steward from the wardroom with a cart with several covered plates. He thanked the person and pulled the cart in.

"As I promised, here is your food. I hope you like it, I ordered what the young people on the Bouken liked to eat." He said, with a brief flash of pain.

He positioned the cart next to the small table in the room, lifted one plate off and sat at the table. "There is fried chicken, salad, sliced peaches and chocolate pudding. Help yourself." he said as he picked up a set of utensils and started eating the fried chicken.
The boy's eyes widened as the food was uncovered and quickly grabbed at the chicken. The meat was quickly and neatly cleaned from the bones, the boy ate every bit. Surprisingly, he wasn't messy about it. He even cleaned his fingers with water when he finished (after licking as much as he could from them...kids would be kids).

In the jungle, any trace of a scent could give him away, and scraps would draw scavengers as well as predators. Cleanliness during and after meals had been essential. Dirt was not "dirty" to him, but scraps and crumbs were. He also had learned to eat every little bit that his stomach could handle; it had been difficult to tell how long it would be before the next trap caught something edible back there.

The pudding was frowned at, but after seeing a spoon stuck in it and noticing a similar utensil being used by Sune, Sukeharu stuck a finger in to test the dish, tasting the bit that clung to the finger after he pulled it away.

Ikoi Stateroom

Sune finished his meal, put the used plate and utensils back on the cart. He then walked into the bathroom, and turned on the sink. He picked up the soap and gave them a good scrub. He then turned off the water and dried them with a hand towel.

"Well, Sakeharu I have duties to attend to, and must return to my ship. You might want to see about using the shower and getting clean before the Knox's arrive. While you are here on the base, this room will remain available. In case you need some time alone."

He crossed the room to the door way. "Take care of yourself Sakeharu, I will try to check in on your while I am still here."

He opened the door and stepped out, waved at the young man. He intentionally left the door open so that the boy would realize he had control of the door.

Eucharis Medbay
Sune then made his way back to the Eucharis, and returned once more to the Medbay. The bodies for Pineapple, Cherry, Lime were complete and he set the hemosynth tubes to release them.

He lifted Pineapple out of the first tube while the ANU's handled Cherry and Lime. He carried her over and laid her on the Mental Backup unit. He then draped a sheet over her body and activated the unit, selecting her most recent backup and initiated the mental download.

He turned to the closest ANU, "Nasu-one, recycle tubes one and two and initiate reconstruction of Mango and Konoka." He watched as the ANU moved away from the examination bed that it had placed Chery on and went about its task. He pulled out two more sheets and laid them across Cherry and Lime. He then walked over and pulled out five sets of scrubs. They would serve to let the resurrected crew members to walk to their quarters and get dressed.

He sat and watched the backup continue. Once it completed he walked over to the bed and switched the unit off. He then gave Pineapple a gentle shake, "Pineapple-Heisho, time to wake up." he said in his tenor voice using his bedside voice.

Eucharis Medbay

Sune settled into a routine with the resurrections. It reminded him in a way of those instructions all shampoo bottles seemed to have, 'rinse and repeat'. At that point Sune remembered he had promised to send Yaichiro some stretching exercises to help restore the flexibility in his neck.

He made a quick query to Charisma and found that the occupants of the shower were no longer present.

To: Kage Yaichiro-Chusa

Sir,
Attached to this message are the stretching exercises I promised. They should help restore full flexibility and movement in a few days.

Also, I am not familiar with what the Taisa's rules for sexual activities where when you last were on-board. Her current rules pretty much make her intent clear that such activities should be kept to private areas.

I was about to bring a young traumatized survivor from HX-13 down to the showers so that he could get cleaned up. Fortunately I checked with Charisma before bringing him down to what could have been a very awkward scene.
Message sent Sune turned to his last patient, Konoka lay on the mental backup unit having her memories restored. Once she was done he could go to his cabin gather some civilian clothes and go to his guest quarters he requested. He was looking forward to a good hot shower, and putting on some clean clothes before meeting Hanako for dinner.

The mental backup signaled that its task was complete. He placed a pair of scrubs at the foot of the unit, and switched it off, He gave the sheet covered neko a gentle shake.

"Konoka-San, its time to wake up." he called softly.

A very confused Konoka blinked green eyes, realizing she was back in her own medbay again. "Oh! Sune................."

A second glance left Konoka even more confused. ".....Shoi?! That's new, uh,congrats, heh. Where am...." she stopped, sitting up. Noticing her current state and surroundings, she stopped. This was much, much too familar for Konoka. "Well, Shoi....Please tell me I didn't...." She stopped again, she'd always hated this word. The word was, by vocation, a natural enemy to her. In work and life, she tried to never have occasion to use it. Especially in such circumstances, circumstances meaning she hadn't been much of her favorite word as of late- 'help'. She said it anyway. ".....Die, again, did I?"

Not that there was another explanation, of course. Harsh for her idelaism as the realization was, it came and was realized. Now, Konoka simply had to do something about it. That was her usual solution to death- "do something about it". At least, tha's what she had decided the first time she'd been unable to immediately revive someone-Cherry-heisho, wasn't it?-and had had to "do something" and keep going. That was also why she tolerated the erriness of ST tech-it had "done something" about Yaichiro on her first day here, she remembered, and now she wanted to thank Sune for "doing something" about herself.

Now, after all, Konoka could "do something" to help, herself. "Thanks, my friend, anyway." Konoka added. Yes, despite Sune's new status as a Shoi, and Konoka's as a newly ressurected being-both great changes, in Konoka's opinion, Sune would always be a friend. And, Konoka helped friends, of course. All of them....But wait.....

This was about when "worried Konoka" kicked in, right on time.

"S-Sune-Shoi! Wait, if I- if I had to-What's the current situation?! Are there others needing my aid?" Sitting up sharply, she felt her own exaggeration, and the freshness of having a quick-beating heart again-which, here, was never a given. She felt her loose hairs, absent from their usual ribbons as well. Exhaling, she continued, "Sune-Forget it! I ahve to be able to help! Bu, uh, I guess you have to tell me how, and what's going on, so-" She stopped suddenly, remembering how her hyper help-drive had caused her to almost overmedicate Nika last time this happened. Which was only a mission ago, by fish.

She'd have to b of more help, now. "Is anyone injured? Did we succeed in our mission? Sune-Shoi, help me understand! What in the stars is going on?!"

Her breathing rate slowed, she was remembering, now, that medics were supposed to be calm-Konoka, too. Sune, she thought, had always been better at that. Konoka was better at helping, though, whenever she had a clue. Which she needed, now.

Calmer, she added, "I suppose, Sune-Shoi, I'll need to undesratnd what's up if I am to start helping enough to let you go back to your station. Speaking of which, " she added witha sly smile, "This is my place to help, now that I'm back, isn't it?"

She hoped,at least.

Ikoi Brig

Mikael waited a few minutes with the communicator in his hand. He looked at the three prisoners for enough time to ponder their features. He then looked at Kiko, the guards, and Mochizuki. He gave a slight sigh and put the communicator back in its pouch once again after closing it. The silence was as good of an answer. He once again looked at prison management neko.

"The Mishhuvurthyar must find you very tasty if they have gone through all of the trouble to do that." Mikael said shifting his stance to look a little jovial. He put his left hand under his chin and looked slight upward right. "I wonder what their equivalent to ketchup is."

Ikoi Brig

"The Mishhuvurthyar will 'part out' a person they do not feel is useful as a whole. The useful parts are reused in useful ways such as for food and products. The brains, for example, can be mutated into a brain-slave organic computer capable of piloting a battle pod or a Ripper power armor," explained the prisoner handler neko.

Eucharis Medbay

Sune let Konoka go through her normal burst of concern and confusion, once she paused he smiled.

"First, yes you died. But it was quick, a plant they call the death dart. Fires a dart with a paralytic, death is almost instantaneous.

Now as for status, the Eucharis is back in friendly space aboard our dock in orbit over Ronica in the Veronica system. The Taisa has authorized shore leave for everyone, the ship is currently being repaired.

We rescued three survivors from the Freedom. All hands are now restored, so I turn over the Medbay to you. It is of course your domain my friend.

If you wish to help someone, there is a young survivor. Sukeharu, a young man, very traumatized. I made arrangements for quarters for him. And the family we rescued at the last mission agreed to try to help him.

Other than that, you are free to take shore leave when you are ready. The maintenance folks will take care of the mud and dirt Sukeharu trailed around.

Since I am no longer required here, I plan to get some personal items from my quarters, and go to my visitor quarters on the Starbase. I hope to see you around sometime during our leave.

There is a pair of scrubs at the foot of the bed for you." He said as he made his way to the door.

Yaichiro was embarrassed at the communication he received from Sune, and sighed before responding. He was glad the other officer was pursuing the matter at least, in spite of the rank difference.

To: Jalen Sune-Shoi

I had actually commented as such to the other party but, due to flaws in my nervous system, my senses of smell and taste have been skewed to the point where certain normally benign scents and tastes change into mood altering elements, and most other things cannot be detected. Plum, such as plum scented shampoo and bodywash in this example, become extremely powerful aphrodisiacs.

It is rather embarrassing, but after exposure, I was not in control of myself. It's a vulnerability I'm not very comfortable with, but not one which has required a new body/genome. I can still smell smoke and perform my day to day duties, and usually avoid using the showers at the same time as others if possible. The only time I needed a new body was a direct body to body transfer where re-sequencing my DNA was not an option due to expediency. This is a known medical issue listed in my file, though I suppose it does not excuse the situation.

In regard to the neck exercises, thank you for sending them, they will be most useful. I am also interested in recommendations to treat or resolve the issue.

The Lorath-made fusion reactors now run through standard checks and maintenance, he carefully sealed them up and brought them back online...everything in the fusion system showed green.

Nashoba said:
Ikoi Stateroom

Sune finished his meal, put the used plate and utensils back on the cart. He then walked into the bathroom, and turned on the sink. He picked up the soap and gave them a good scrub. He then turned off the water and dried them with a hand towel.

"Well, Sakeharu I have duties to attend to, and must return to my ship. You might want to see about using the shower and getting clean before the Knox's arrive. While you are here on the base, this room will remain available. In case you need some time alone."

He crossed the room to the door way. "Take care of yourself Sakeharu, I will try to check in on your while I am still here."

He opened the door and stepped out, waved at the young man. He intentionally left the door open so that the boy would realize he had control of the door.
The door remained open.

Sukeharu scraped what he could from the food plates until there was nothing left. Then he went over to the sink Sune used, studied it, then rinsed his hands and face off. This left them without the dirt he had put on them.

Looking around the room again, he noticed again that everything was clean, nearly absurdly so. This wasn't the jungle, or any other place he had seen while on the planet, so there was no dirt here. And, if there was no dirt, then he was not fitting in. Fitting in was a form of hiding, and being covered in dried mud in a clean place was not hiding.

He washed his arms and face in the sink, then tried washing his feet but failed. It took him a while before noticing that the thing sticking out of the wall in the stall near the sink was similar to the faucet in the sink...maybe water came out of that too.

After some figuring-out, he took a shower but didn't take any of his clothes off. Dirt muddied the floor of the bath, and even after much scrubbing his hair still had a muddy texture to it. He didn't use any of the shampoo or soaps around him, just rinsing himself off in the warm water as best he could.

After washing most of the dirt off, he stood in the shower unsure what to do next. He was soaked, and the water dripping off him was still dirty. Not straight mud now, but still dirty. He looked toward the bathroom door, trying to see into the main room, then sighed to himself and sat down in the bath with his back to the wall. His head drooped down as his breathing slowed and he fell asleep.

Ikoi Brig

"What other parts does the NMX find...useful?" Mikael said emphasizing on useful.

Communal Shower

Gathering up a few things, Takeyu left for the shower and stepped inside. Removing his bloodied AMES suit, he stepped into the shower and allowed the water to pour down onto his face. He stood there for sometime, thinking on the mission and thinking about what may come next.

His mind went back to what he had been doing before this mission; his search for identies and the location of his siblings, a personel mission that he felt would go on for months if not for the next year or two, if not longer depending on how things progressed. He had hoped that more information would've come by now, but that wasn't the case.

"It'll be ironic if we run into one of my siblings, most notably Laven, while on a mission.... no.. it'll be entirely coincidential and if that was to happen I'd have to question whether it was staged," he said while rubbing his face and neck to remove the blood that had dried there.

He took some soap and a cloth; wrapping them both together he began to clean himself, removing the dirt from his last mission. "Will feel nice once this is done," he smiled.

Ikoi Brig
demibear said:
"What other parts does the NMX find...useful?" Mikael said emphasizing on useful.
"The Mishhuvurthyar try to use all the parts, but the most useful are probably the brain, the muscles, and the skin," the prisoner neko replied to Mikael. "If there is nothing more, I would like to get some rest now."

Sune considered Yaichiro's reply as he entered his cabin. He grabbed his backpack and tossed several things into it. He then took a couple of pairs of casual pants and shirts and added them to the back pack. He tossed in his toiletry kit, his ICP and a few other person items.

Slinging his pack over his shoulder, he made his way off the ship. As he did he notified Charisma of his status and location, and sent a message to Yaichiro.

To: Kage Yaichiro-Chusa

Have you spoken to Konoka-Hei about this problem?

I plans for the evening so perhaps we can discuss your situation tomorrow, see what possible treatments we can try.

After arriving in his visitor's quarters Sune peeled off the current uniform he had been wearing. He deposited them on the floor in the bathroom of to the side.

He walked into the shower and turned it on as hot as he preferred. He spent a good ten minutes just letting the water rinse away the dirt, blood and chemicals that were on his body. The time in the medbay had given his body sufficient time for his injuries enroute to HX-13 to heal. Grabbing his bar of soap he scrubbed away all the grime that rinsing just was not able to remove. He shampooed his hair, rinsed and finally declared himself sufficiently clean.

He stepped out of the shower. Towel dried himself and dried his hair. He hung up the towel to dry and stepped back into the room. He examined his choices and selected a pair of black jeans, and a white button up shirt. He looked at the clock to ensure that he would not be late to his dinner.

He sat at the terminal in his room and put in a small order back to Yamatai for delivery to the ship here.

Sune attached his communicator to his belt, and put what few essentials he would need in his pockets. Lastly he picked up a small box and carried it in his hand. His next stop was Sam's Island Grill.

Ikoi Brig

"You can rest in a moment. How are the skin and muscles of prisoners used by the Mishhuvurthyar?" Mikael asked the neko.

Ikoi Brig

The NMX prisoner crossed her arms before answering. "The skin is turned into leather for clothing and the muscles are of course used for food. Most meat is processed into rations for later use. Lately leather and meat seem to be abundant in the fleet. I guess that means we're winning."

Ikoi Brig

Mikael just gave a predatory grin when he heard the last part of the prisioners answer. Thoughts of SAINT properly putting her in her place came across his mind. Maybe I should sign up with them when I re-enlist..hmmm... When he was done fantasizing, he realized his right hand was under his chin again and the prisoner was staring him down.

"Oh you are free to do what ever the guards will let you do. Have a nice life." Mikael said as he turned around and headed towards the exit. "Anything else we need to do before we go?" he asked, his question directed towards the brig chief.

Eucharis Cabin

As Takeyu finished up his shower, he stepped out and wrapped himself in the towel, then grabbed his things and headed back to the cabin. He changed quickly into some clean uniform, glad to be out of the suit for the time being but knowing he would be right back in it before long.

"Guess I'll take care of some business then," he said as he made certain he had everything - then removed a small disk from the desk and looked it over before placing it into a pocket. He updated Charisma on what he was going to do, then headed off the ship for time being, he also asked her to relay any messages to him directly.

Eucharis medbay

Konoka settled into the scrubs sune had left her, the news that they were in safer climes causing her to allow herself to fall into a spazzed-out reverie of deep thought. Mostly, she was thinking of how little help she'd be if she kept dying like this.

Brushing back a strand of baby-pink hair, she snapped out of her spazziness, remembering again that the loss of her old body had caused her to lose another set of her trademark hair ribbons. She seemed to notice a lot of more her surroundings, and about herslef, lately, she thought.

Shge hoped she didn't die enough to stop entirely being a spazz-that sort of thing was saved for her idelaistic moments, when she can afford it. lately, though, she'd had to work more.

Noticing the reflection of her medic-time "poker face" in the medicine cabinet, she broke away from her own reflected, unproductive gaze, and used a spare strip of gauze to fix her hair. Witha little neko ingenuity, she felt herslef again, now.

And, now, she could help others feel better, too. But first, she needed clothes.

Thusly, she made a mad if helpful skip to her quarters so she could start helping again.

Crew Quarters

Now ina fresh uniform, and prepared, Konoka was meditative again. She wondered if she should return to "her domain", but remembered Sune had said something about a young survivor.

Thinking that would be useful, and thinking she wnated to be useful, too, she asked Charisma: Charisma, Konoka-hei here. Where would I be able to find our youngest survivor? i want to help him .
Helping was life-and now Konoka was alive.

Out at the outer edge of the Veronica system, a series of bright blue hyperspace fold flashes appeared. As they faded, the Chiharu no Iori, and carrier group 2X-TF-O02 of 2XF vessels were visible.

Once all ships had checked in with the star fortress they began moving in system to take a position in high orbit over Ronica. A group of smaller ships consisting of Nozomi and Midori Scouts launched from the star fortress and accelerated out at FTL in various directions.

Yaichiro responded to the communication from Sune, trying to think back to when he first met Konoka.

To: Jalen Sune-Shoi

I believe she was aware two years ago possibly, but she has had plenty of opportunity to forget in that time.

But yes, a discussion tomorrow might be a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back