• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 12.1] Encounter At Shara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Medical Bay

Sune caught Helen's arrival out of his peripheral vision. That is right, she said she would need a Hemosynth treatment as a result of her heavy dose of x-rays. He turned towards her and gave a bow commensurate with her greater rank, "I will attend to you in a moment, Klein-Shosa."

He then turned and walked over to Reika and with a tapped his Uno Sunglasses to sync them to the PMS-1.

"This will not hurt a bit Tachihara-Hei." He said pressing the hypospray against the Nekovalkyjra's neck. A moment later an audible hiss indicated that the scanner nanobots were deployed. Across his glasses a stream of data began to appear.

He began his physical check starting with ocular response as he checked pupil dilation. Then using the reflex hammer to check Reika's responses. He checked at the ankle and knee as well as the elbow and wrist. As he expected he found all responses normal. He listened with a stethoscope to her abdomen.

Once he was done Sune reviewed the data streaming in from the, circulation, respiration, organ function all within acceptable limits.

He recorded the data in the scanner, and uploaded it to Charisma as an update to Reika's medical records.

He placed a hand on Reika's shoulder and smiled. "Tachihara-Hei, as expected you are in perfect health. If you wish you can go over to the mental backup unit and create a back at this time."

He then walked over to Helen, "Hemosynth treatment I believe ma'am?"

The YSS Eucharis was directed to C'tualkishaan, the Gartagen Union's capital city. The Euchris was approaching the city just after night fall so the dim lights could bee seen from orbit. It was bustling with activity as the nocturnal Gartagens went about their lives. The city was clearly suffering in the grips of pollution, and over population.

The palace it self was extravagant and clearly of an ancient construction. Modern space age expansions had been added, but the tan stone construction of the Palace was largely unaltered. Like much of the city, it lacked tall spires, and appeared to be a rather squat building. The city surrounding the Palace had large number of sky scrapers making a well defined skyline. But it was quite clear the Gartagens liked their buildings closer to the ground, because this city and its palace were nothing like the glimmering Monolith like towers seen on Yamatai and Nepleslia.

The Euchris was directed to a miniature space-port that was connected directly to the ancient imperial palace. Here the YSS Yggsdrasill could be seen resting on a landing pad with a set of guards diligently defending it. The YSS Eucharis was directed to a much larger landing pad, but was still with in spitting distance of the Yggsdrasill. A small delegate group waited on the grounds of the space port for the Eucharis to land.

On exiting their ship the Yamataian guests would find the the planet it self to be rocky and rather dry, the night air however was cool and crisp on contact with the skin.

Ramiro followed the direction that he has been sent, expertly landing the craft in the designated landing area. Once the ship was down, he deployed the landing ramp and patched into the ship's PA system. "Ladies and gentleman, the ship has touched down, welcome to Gartaga." Ramiro finalized the landing procedures before heading back towards the wardroom. As he went through the zero-gravity passage way, he noticed several pieces of orange melon floating around, which he quickly retrieved. Don't want the Princess to be finding those, now do we. Ramiro then made his way to the wardroom, dumping the food in a trash container along the way. When he arrived he bowed to Hanako. "Taisa, the ship has landed and it is ready for the crew to disembark. We are docked at a small make-shift starport attached to what appears to be their capitol building. Also, based off of the information I overheard from the Chusa, the ship that I assume to be captained by our contact is docked not far from here."

Medical Bay

Nathaniel followed Sune's orders, and sat down on the assigned table. He unfolded his wings a bit to move them around the table, so they wouldn't be trapped under him when he was sitting down.

He quickly loosened his uniform as instructed, and quietly listened to what was said in the room and pondered a bit. Why does he have complaints about requests for a physical check? Isn't it routine to have a checkup as soon as possible when arriving on a ship? Especially when they expect us to fight for them? I hope that they aren't going to complain if I ever request a soul transfer beforehand, to avoid having to do it when everybody is in need of one.The thought of all crew members scrambling to the Medical Bay to be the first one for a transfer gave a slight grin on his face.

He was also amazed by the fact that there was a second Saint operative aboard. That's a sight you don't see everyday. And what is it with Saint operatives and looking unlike any Nekovalkyrja I have seen? He was thinking about the fact that both the Hei and the Shosa looked very distinct to say the least.

He continued to wait for his turn to be checked up. He wondered if there would be something out of the ordinary. But quickly let that thought slide, as he didn't want to doubt his instincts in that area.

Junko snagged one of the pancakes the new cook had made and wolfed it down. Gulping down her juice, she give the cook a quick, “thank you,” and a small smile before scooting back out of the wardroom. She slipped into her cabin again and pulled off the EPJ, picking up the formal uniform instead. Once dressed again, she spent a moment straightening her belt and other accessories and then set out.

A moment later she was in Engineering, carefully skirting any protruding equipment to avoid any chance of getting. Ducking into her station, she pulled up the main systems display and settled in to await orders to debark the ship or otherwise assemble for their diplomatic mission.

"Very good," Takeyu nodded with appreciation as he ate the food that Armundo had cooked. He felt that was something that could've been added, but wasn't entirely sure what, and with that he just decided to finish what was left and gulped the rest of it down with a glass of ice-cold water.

"Best be ready Armundo-hei, and don't forget to report to medical, you are new and thus need to be checked up on by our medic," Takeyu said knowingly as he got up from his table, threw his trash away and set the plate down in the galley.

He left the wardroom and quickly made his way to engineering, walking inside he found his fellow Heisho manning a station and took his own. Thinking casually to himself before bringing the console online and running through a series of checks, with the way the area looked outside, he wanted to make certain none of the pollutants outside would be harmful to the ship or even to his fellow crewmen.

Thinking a bit to himself; he was about to speak of his concern before closing his mouth. Now that I think about it, why am I worrying? If there had been any potential dangers to us breathing this air, our contact would’ve told us, with a shake of his though he continued to go about his work. Then again, it never hurts to be thorough.

Medbay

Sune felt the ship's flight profile change as the Euchais had entered the atmosphere. Well, looks like I will not be getting breakfast before we go meet with the Gartagens. he thought.

He took a mental stock of what supplies he had gleaned from the shuttle medical kits then looked back at Helen. "Ma'am, we currently have two liters of hemosynth fluid available in injectors, or if you prefer I can program one of the hemosynth tubes to serve your needs. Your preference Shosa?"

" Yes,sir. Thank you, sir." replied Armundo as Takeyu made his way out. Armundo looked at the large stack of cakes that he had made, not traditional Yamataian fare, but variety was good and he hadn't had time to prepare something a bit more formal. He had arrived on the shuttle in the night and had only had a few hours of sleep on the way. Obviously, he was not on top of his game and he had much to learn..he was fresh out of basic anyway.

Armundo finished up the batter he had , setting them on a warming pad on several different plates so that they would remain warm while he took his dirty utensils and cart into the scullery where he blew through the dishes and utensils as fast as he was able, leaving them clean enough to use . He set his own utensils in his case and closed it . He returned to the main dining area to make sure that there was enough food for anyone that might come in to eat before he made his way out of the wardroom into the zero-g hallway where he floated for a second, trying to remember where exactly the medical bay was.

It took him a few minutes, but he managed to find his way to the medical bay. He peeked inside, two Santo Hei's and two officers. Sheesh, he was outranked at every turn on this ship. He had so many bosses that it wasn't funny anymore, but that was the nature of his rank, everyone was his boss. His eyes widened considerably at the sight of the SAINT officer and, strangely enough, the other Santo Hei. He stepped in quietly and quickly, hoping that he had not been caught gawking..but he could not help himself. He took a moment to observe the SAINT officer. She was very beautiful, especially to him. Her stance spoke of wisdom and confidence and perhaps a hint of aloofness. She was a professional at what she did and Armundo gathered a slight ominous feel from the woman. Still, that was not enough to make him avoid her..though she was a superior and officer and he was a humble Santo Hei who screwed up his first meal in front of the Taisa. Nothing of potential interest aside his physical attributes.

Armundo tore his eyes away to take consider the other SAINT operative. She did not have the bearing of the Officer, but she was confident by what he could tell. He guessed that this was one of her first postings, perhaps even her first posting like his. It was hard to tell much about her laying down. Still, her build spoke of rigorous training. He trained hard himself and had been learning a lot in the way of combat, things he would've given anything to know several years back. He wouldn't mind testing his skill against a SAINT operative, especially this one. Armundo tore his eyes away again, waiting silently for his turn, taking quick, inquisitive glances about the room.

Hanako retrieved her black double-breasted coat and flat blue hat, careful to make sure the seam at the back was perfectly centered and the ribbon ends were tidy. She then went down to the cargo bay, switching on the overhead lights and walking through the tied-down shipping containers and past the tank and the TASHA tank robot, which watched the rear ramp as she pressed the button to lower it. With a loud hydraulic hum, the heavily-armored ramp pushed away from the main hull and then began lowering into position. A gust of the cool, dry air past the Taisa’s cheeks as she looked out at the Gartagen surface. She picked up a phone and dialed the intercom.

“This is the captain. Delegation please report to the cargo bay for first contact mission. Out.”

“Well that didn’t take too long,” Junko said cheerfully as she rose from her station again, glancing at Takeyu. “See you up there.”

With that, she hurried back out of Engineering and made a pit stop in her quarters, completing her ensemble with the service coat and hat. Once the hat was properly positioned, she hurried back on her way to the cargo bay. She noticed the different smell and feel of the atmosphere the instant she entered the compartment, and just hoped her study of the climate wouldn't reveal anything too worrisome later. A few strides later she was roughly behind the Taisa and a little offset, and she fell into a relaxed parade rest.

“Ready, ma’am.”

Engineering

Takeyu stayed for a few more seconds before getting up from his station and putting his console into standby mode and walking out of engineering where he made a quick check of his uniform, patting it of any possible dirt and grime before fast walking to the cargo bay.

Cargobay

When he arrived, he looked about the bay before casually walking over to where Junko was. "Ready to go Taisa," he said while at parade rest.

Medical Bay

When presented the choice, she decided the best choice for the situation was to keep herself available. Her NH-27 body was not flimsy enough to require something as overboard as a hemosynth tank, not when the crew was about to become deeply involved in an intelligence mission. "I'll take the two liters, four if you can prepare a couple of containers that I could take with me and ingest as the purging and mending process goes on." Helen replied as she looked up from her volumetric screens, and dismissed them in the same motion.

Sune walked over to the cabinet and pulled out four .5 liter Hemosynthetic Material Containers, and brought them over to Helen. He placed them on the counter next to here. "Here you go, ma'am. Kindly bring the empty containers back when you get a chance.

Now I must attend to Kygra-Hei so that I assume my normal duties." He then turned and went over to Nathaniel.

"This will only take a few moment Kygra-Hei." he said to the Elysian. Sune injected the scanner nanobots, and began his physical exam. Not being an NH series meant a lot more work was involved. While the data came in from the scanner bots, he performed the basic reflex examinations, listened to Nathaniels heart and lungs. He checked for equal pupil response from both eyes, and then palpitated Nathaniel's throat to check his Anterior and Posterior cervical lymph nodes. Lastly Sune checked out the Elysian's wings. The internal scan showed that all of Nathaniel's internals were operating normally.

He switched off his Uno Sunglasses and uploaded the medical data to the records for the Elysian.

"All finished Kygra-Hei, you are in perfect physical condition and ready for duty. Now I need to attend to my primary duties as Science Officer and XO." Sune said as he secured the PMS-1.

After sending a message to Cherry to take over Engineering duties, and verifying that Blueberry was manning the bridge, Yaichiro headed to the Cargo Bay Ramp -- stopping off at his quarters to pick up the coat and hat of the Star Army Service Dress Uniform that went over his current uniform, as well as setting his communicator for storing audio and video data. He was careful to make sure that the stove top was listed among the things for Cherry to handle, so it would be done when they returned. The officer soon arrived in the Cargo Bay, dressed in the outfit, noting that the Cargo Bay doors were already down.

Medical Bay

Reika began the mental back-up procedure as instructed by Sune as soon as he finished the examination and continued on to deal with Kygra and Klein. Recalling from memory the devices basic operation, she accessed the transfer units controls and selected the option to duplicate and store her consciousness. The operative laid down on the biometric bed and manipulated the synaptic interface into the correct position so that it would begin the scan.

Because she was quite young, it took barely fifteen minutes for the machine to indicate that the duplication process was finished. In the end, Reika removed herself from the biometric bed just a few minutes after the Taisa's message was issued over the intercom. She would have to hurry to get to get her dress uniform and make it over to the cargo bay in time.

Cargo Bay

After quickly running to her cabin and changing, Reika made for the cargo bay. She slowed to a walk before entering and falling into formation with the rest of the already assembled crew-members.

When the cargo bay door of the Eucharis’ lowered the attending crew would see a small group of Gartagens standing there with curious expressions on their faces. Two of them were clearly female, and the other three were males. One of the males male Gartagens fearlessly approached the group and bowed to them. He wore a humble set of robes over his plump body, and kept his thick black hair into a well kept topknot. Despite his weight, he appeared to be a handsome creature and his movements were very fluid and controlled. “Greetings, attending crew of the YSS Eucharis, I am Operative Tarsk, your official representative of the Gartagen Union. I am happy to welcome you to our home world.” He said as he came up from his bow.
Toshiro mentioned that the Yamatians bow, but the action is common on Gartaga as well. The Gartagen bow involves placing their hands together, and tilting slightly forward. The four Gartagens behind Tarsk followed suit. One of the other males was a mottled slender fellow and wore an ornate naval uniform, his purple skin was dry and flaky, and his hair was a fine platinum color. The Female that stood next to him wore a similar uniform, but it lacked the pendants and medals that the old man had on his. The other two were clearly civilians, for they wore little more than loin cloths and scraps of cloth to cover their private areas. They were younger, but had identical tribal like tattoos rippling up their left for arms.
“Standing with us today are two high ranking members of the navy, and a bonded pair that currently sits on the council of advisors.”

Armundo guessed that he had come in a litttle too later to get his examination right then. He could not hold up the entire ship on account of a routine physical. He still had to freshen up and don the proper clothing. He slipped out as quietly as he could ,moving down the hallway with a sense or urgency to the Lounge where he had stashed his duffelbag until he was assigned a cabin. He would be damned if he was going to be the one to scew up first impressions by strolling in late, looking like a bum. He snatched up his duffel bag nd uniform and made his way into the changing room where he quickly switched uniforms and donning his service dress coat , but not his hat quite yet. He gathered up his things and returned them to his duffel bag, stowing it out of the way, under the bench for the moment, seeing as he did not have quarters as of yet.

He made his way out of the changing room, feeling a bit worried when he noticed the lack of traffic in the passageways. He made his way down the zero-G passageway to the loading dock, putting on his cap as he entered . He noticed the main ramp was already lowered and a chill went down his spine. He wondered how deep in it he was now that he was late, but then he noticed another crew member, a officer no less, entering roughly around the same time he did..so, if he was int trouble, maybe it wouldn't just be him. He slipped to the back quietly, cursing his height, which might draw attention to him and lack of punctuality.

"Remember to have your communicators running the translate app and linked to your minds," Hanako reminded the others, before walking down the heavy ramp and returning the bow.

"Greetings. I am Hanako, a representative of Yamatai. We are a nation of many star systems that are governed by the people and an appointed Empress, supported by a large military called the Star Army. We are members of the Star Army on a peaceful mission to learn more about your people. I have brought with me several of my crew members. Each has an area of study they will ask you about. Please excuse any errors in translations as we are still learning your language."

Hanako briefly looked back to see if Sune was done yet and then approached the one with the fanciest uniform. "Would you like to be my partner for some exchanges of questions?"

Tarsk smiled and nodded at Hanako "It is a pleasure, and mistakes in translation can happen...our own translation software is based on information gained by interacting with Commodore Toshiro." Tarsk said softly.

The older Gartagen stepped forward and bowed to Hanako. "I am honored." He said with a gravelly voice. I am Fleet Marshal Asceiros Tam of the Union Solar Navy. I was handpicked by the leader himself to offer my insight to any questions you and your crew may have about us.” The Fleet Marshal seemed flustered as he got a close look at Hanako. “This…is the first time I have ever seen an alien…I did not expect your people to be so…striking.” He then turned “Let us walk Lady Hanako…” He said not knowing the proper way to address her.

Solar Commander Di stood to the right of the old Gartagen, her tiny frame making her have the stature of a child as she looked up at the taller Yamatians. She advanced towards the cargo bay door and halted before stepping into the cargo bay “Permission to board the ship?” She said looking around for anybody to answer.

Outside Eucharis

Takeyu watched and listen to the conversation and couldn't help but smile mentally at the 'striking' comment, putting on a good first impression worked as far as he knew, and hoped it would remain that way for awhile.

He was about to speak up, asking whom he should talk to about his own questions, when heard the question spoken by one of the Gartegans. It wasn't his place to answer, not being an officer and all, she he exchanged glances between Sune and Yaichiro, the only other two officers other than Hanako who could grant that permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back