• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 15] Gifted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 15.1] Gifted

Shuttle Bay

"Well back to work." Tomomi said, deciding not to let Bors on her spur of the moment plan. She got up from the seat and exited the rear exit. As she walked around to get a view of her ride, the was amazed at the amount of damage the shuttle had sustained. Taking a few moments to analyze the damage, she continued on her way towards her cabin to change.

Cabin

Once she reached the door to her cabin, she took off her AMES helmet before she walked in and quickly found a clean Type 31 working uniform to change into. She struggled a bit to strip from the AMES but once she finally got it off she was quick to be in her new uniform.

Folding the suit neatly on her bunk, she was on her way to the bridge. Once she arrived, she headed towards her station to began looking over the status of the computer system.

Shuttle bay

Figuring he wasn’t doing any good sitting on a beat to hell shuttle, Bors followed Tomomi out of the shuttle and into the armor bay. Once in the bay he placed his suit on an empty rack, taking extra care to make sure it was in place then headed off to his cabin.

Cabin

After briefly digging though his belongings, Bors threw on a Type 31 Working Uniform somewhat organizing the rest of his clothes as he looked for it. Afterwards Bors headed to the medical bay to get a new prosthetic hand and to get a quick diagnostic to make sure nothing else was broken.

Bridge

With the computer processing Sune's commands he turned back towards Ramiro. "So what about you? What do you plan to do when your contract runs out? For me the decision was a simple one.

Currently there is nothing in civilian life for me. My adoptive family is gone, so my only family and friends are here in the Star Army, most of them on this ship."

He looked at the status board for the Squadron. "Ramiro-San, take us into fold.

"Bridge to Medical, Ketsurui-Shôshô. All shuttles have been retrieved, and the squadron stands ready to fold to Virginia. I have ordered the ships to commence fold. Jalen-Shosa out." he sent to the intercom in medical.

"Folding," came the response from Ramiro. He typed in a quick command to fold along the specified route and then the squadron disappeared the shimmering teal light that accompanies a hyperspace fold.

With the ship now heading towards its destination, Ramiro spun his chair to face Sune. "I'm probably going to be in the same boat as you. I don't really have very much to go home to, and that's if home survived the Battle of Yamatai. I was contemplating taking a few months of leave before returning, but at the height of the war I'm sure the Shosho needs me here. Besides, I spent too much time away from this ship as it is."

Engineering

Takeyu rubbed his shoulder, feeling a bit of a pinch before he left the armor bay and returned to his duties in Engineering. When he stepped inside he looked around for a brief moment, before taking a seat at his station and bring the displays online.

He glanced over at Cherry for a moment, curious, and asked. "How much damage did the ship sustain and is there anything that needs to be repaired right now?"

Medbay
Konoka was very aware that she would soon witness the meeting of Hanako, her beloved Shosho, and her clone, Himeni. It was momentous, and sounded not quite real....and it was going to happen in HER medical bay, of all places. Konoka didn't really know what to think: There was literally nobody she respected more than Ketsurui Hanako. She was actually a bit of a Ketsurui fangirl....she'd once passed out when invited into the Palace.

She didn't think she'd faint this time, but nevertheless, Hanako was there, and she'd helped save her - and there were TWO of her. It didn't sound real, and Konoka felt that she needed a dose of reality. So she was happy when Bors showed up asking for a prosthetic hand: it gave her a chance to bury her surreal anticipations in her work.
"Riko-Hei," she smiled. "I think we can just regrow that hand in hemosynth." She offered him more of it to aid the reconstruction process. "Continue bathing your hand in that stuff," she told him. "It'll be just fine."
Then, she turned to Himeni. "I am very happy that Ramiro-Juni and I found you,Ketsurui-sama," she said softly. "What else can I do for you before the Shosho gets here?" She was still very nervous about how Himeni would react to seeing Hanako walk in wearing her face. Perhaps Himeni would think Hanako was the clone, and not the the other way around. It still didn't seem quite real.

Medical Lab

"I think I will just sit down for a bit," Hanako 2 said.

Hanako (3) entered the medical lab and went to greet her double. "Welcome aboard the Eucharis. Although tempting to have us in two places at once, I think it would be best if there was only one of us. The NH-33 body has just been made available and we could merge our minds and transfer into one."

The older Hanako nodded. "This is a little sudden."

"I understand," the Shosho replied. "I also need MEGAMI to run some scans on your mind to make sure you are not a plant by Melisson."

Hanako 2 bristled at the mention of her arch-nemesis. "She is still alive?"

"She has been captured by the crew of the YSS Miharu," Hanako (3) explained. "I think merging our minds will be the most efficient way to get you filled in." She turned to Konoka. "After you are done with Bors, would you get her scanned and mentally backed up, please? In the meantime, I will configure one of the HS tanks to build my new body."

- - -

Engineering

"We took a lot of hits from the battleship but the ship is in okay condition now," Cherry told Takeyu. "After we get back to Virginia we should be able to get shipyard-level repairs. Mainly we've been dealing with a lot of electrical issues lately and loss of components from battle damage."

Eucharis - Medbay

After she had stowed her armor, and obtained an ever so traditional black variant of the bodysuit uniform typical of SAINT, Helen strode into the medical bay as she eyed the pair of Hanako. "Greetings Shosho, Taisa." Helen spoke, bowing as she strode over to Hanako-2, then, her eyes went to Hanako-3, preparing the hemosynth tank. She then turned her gaze back to Hanako-2. "You know, Taisa, the NH-33 actually has been designed to imitate organic humanoid physiology. They sweat, they have organs, they even have a slightly less than efficient digestive tract. It could be a lot like stepping into a body you haven't worn in quite some time." Helen spoke while peering over her ornamental wire-framed glasses, with a soft smirk to her purple lips... lipstick, or hologram? It was impossible to tell really.

"I am rather impressed with your ability to survive on that planet, no doubt you've gone through a winter or two there..." Helen trailed off for a moment, before she spoke again; "You know, I almost forgot that the last time you and I spoke, it was while I was still aboard the YC-28, so please, forgive my familiarity in speaking with you, ma'am. Though, I did come down here to perhaps request of you a summary of what took place after contact was lost with you, from your unique perspective as Hanako Two." It seemed, Helen was not there just to buzz about, but to instead do her job, her real job, to gather intelligence.

Sune monitored the squadron's progress. He also started thinking about what he had said earlier. He realized it was probably time for him to consider a hobby. He pulled up some data on his console and reviewed the choices. Thinking about the activities he enjoyed over the years, he made a decision and put in an order for the necessary equipment.

"I wonder what the two Hanako's are talking about. Definitely an interesting psychological experiment in the flesh. They are two of the same people, but their experiences diverged with Planet H." he said to Ramiro.

Ramiro nodded to Sune. "I was trying to decide which one it would be more awkward for. On one hand, you have the older Hanako who, after being marooned on a planet for five years, is rescued only to find that she's been replaced. On the other hand, you have our Hanako who awoke in an unfamiliar body and was told that she had died, only to find out five years later that your former self survived and you've effectively stolen someone else's life. It's weird when you think about it."

"As a person who recently underwent resurrection, I can empathize with Hanako 3. It was disconcerting to awaken, and realize that something had happened. The older one has not had to make some of the painful decisions ours had to. They both have experiences that give them unique outlooks on life." He replied.

Engineering

Takeyu gave a nod and leaned back in his seat. "I see, with all of the stuff this girl's been through I wonder if the Shosho would authorize a complete overhaul of her systems," he tapped his chin curiously before getting up and walking over to ships reactor and stood in front of it.

He folded his arms over his chest, he stood there in thought while he browsed through the list of systems that had been damaged but were repaired while at the same time putting the finishing touches on his AAR.

Engineering

Akemi silently stood behind Takeyu and Cherry and listened to them as they spoke. Hearing that there was nothing to be done at the moment she turned to leave.

"Akemi hold on," spoke Takeyu, he neglected to use her rank for some reason or another, perhaps because he was thinking about a few things.

He then turned to Akemi and said, "when we get to port, we might have to leave on short-notice again depending on what the Shosho wants to do, so we may have need of your services in repairing the girl."

"Alright sir," Akemi replied. She then headed to the power armor bay to begin repairing what did need fixing.

Med-bay

"Whatever you say Doc" Bors said studying the hemosynth that Konoka handed, "just gonna be a little weird having a mostly organic hand again". Realizing that he was the lowest ranking person in the room, Bors began to feel a bit uneasy and started to make his way towards the exit. "I'm going to make myself useful; I'll be in the Armory calibrating something if anyone needs me." He said with a quick bow and salute and exited as quick as he could.

Armory

After entering the armory Bors quickly got to work, grabbing the Xaser he used earlier and started disassembling it on a nearby workbench. This should keep me busy for awhile He thought, disassembling the firing mechanism, making sure not to lose any small parts, And there’s always plenty more where this came from.

Med-bay
"Yes, Shosho," Konoka nodded, looking down. Her head was sort of spinning: Hanako had technically just had a conversation with herself. She was eager to consolidate the two Hanakos....things were getting way too existential for her digital brain at the moment. This was really the best option.

"Step this way, Ketsurui-sama," she told Himeni. "I'm going to do a scan on you using something called a PMS-1. It probably wasn't invented last time you were here, but it's simple enough. I just inject some nanothings into you and they tell me whether or not you're an evil plant, and then they dissolve." She readied the PMS-1 scanner. "After that, we can begin the backup procedure and get you up to speed and consolidated, OK?"
She eyed the ST machine warily. An excellent reminder of its dangers stood before her. Silently, she vowed to always use ST technology with the utmost caution. She wondered who had brought back Hanako (3) with it all that time ago, and if they would feel guilty or responsible for Himeni's existence. She hoped this never happened to her.

Medical Lab

“There was not much after I was captured. After a few days, Melisson left me on the planet with nothing. I had to survive with whatever I could find. Over time, began farming and mining in an attempt to gather enough metal to build an antenna array,” Hanako 2 told Helen.

“Body transfer has been effective against mental ‘seeds’ planted in people by Melisson. We learned about these from the Miharu’s files. The ship was destroyed in a successful mission to kill Amaya and Eve, and Melisson is in the Empire’s custody,” Hanako 3 explained. “You will know it all once we merge. My point is that we are safer this way.”

“I see,” Hanako 2 nodded. She followed Konoka, a smile forming on her face as she has a naughty thought. “There is something we should do while we have two bodies,” she told the other Hanako with a laugh and a wink.

Med Bay
Oh, yes, things were getting VERY surreal for Konoka. She briefly flashed back to when a drunken Hanako(3), then still a Taisa, had kissed her. Hanako-hime is so....free-spirited, she thought. Both of her. "I-I-I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that, Ketsurui-sama," she said, visibly blushing. "Come on, let's get your scan over with."

She shook her head, scanned Himeni with the PMS-1, and then waited for the results to come up. "I guess we can begin the backup procedure now," she said, readying the ST machine with a sigh.

It was high time to get back to normal, Konoka figured. Reality was being to feel like a very strange dream!

This is the weirdest mission ever,
she thought to herself, eyes on her machines.

Engineering

Tapping his chin further, Takeyu let out a frustrated sigh before he turned toward Cherry. "Heisho? I'm going to the Power Armor bay to inspect my armor, had a few problems with it during the mission and want to check and see if it took damage or if there's a possible fault in the hardware or software. Keep me appraised, I want to be notified if anything happens," he then turned toward the door.

Before leaving he sent a brief message to Akemi, inviting her to join him in the power armor bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…