• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 15] Gifted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 15.1] Gifted

Telemachus

As soon as Sune saw Ramiro clear the rear doors, he activated the mechanism for them to close and lifted from the surface. "Strap in we do not have time to do this easy. There are 31 NMX warships approaching the planet. So its a race against time for us to get up to the Eucharis and leave before they can get in range." He called out over his shoulder. He angled the nose of the T7 shuttle and hit the engines for all they were worth. The inertial dampeners inside would keep Konoka and Ramiro from being injured, but Sune was damned if he was going to die a second time on this rock. The Telemachus streaked upwards on the departure angle a sonic boom sounding in its wake.

"Telemachus to Eucharis. Package has been picked up. Returning to the roost." He sent over secure comm.

"Life in the Star Army, got to love it. It surely is never dull." he muttered more to himself than anyone else.

Shuttle

Bors held onto the cockpit door frame with all the energy he could spare as the ship rocketed skyward. I wonder what all the rush is about he thought as he momentarily lost his grip due to a patch of turbulence, though he quickly regained it and let out a brief sigh of relief. Glancing around for something to take his mind off the flight, Bors glanced into the cockpit and wondered if the pilot needed any help flying.

"That's certainly true, Sune-Shosa," Konoka laughed. She smiled to herself. "Sorry, Hanako-hime," Konoka said, "I guess you do know about the Eucharis, don't you?"

I wasn't sure how recent Himeni's memories were, Konoka thought. The Shosho has had many ships, and I'm not sure if "this" Hanako ever captained the Eucharis. I guess I'm not sure at what point in the Shosho's history she was cloned.

"I bet you're ready for a real bed and some good food for a change, eh, Himesama?" Konoka smiled, wanting to stop her darkly exostential train of thought about the clone situation. It wasn't good for an articificial lifeform and ST administrator like herself to think too hard about what made a person the "real" Hanako, or what memories Himeni shared with her original self. "Luckily, the YSS Eucharis has plenty of both, but you already knew that, right, Hanako-hime?," Konoka smiled, her "poker face" back in full force.

She hoped the answer was yes.

Shuttle

As the shuttles raced for the safety of the gunships, swarms of fighters came after them from the enemy fleet. Meanwhile, the ships were firing at one another. Eucharis faced the enemy fleet head-on with its shields directed fully towards the front of the ship and lowered on the back end. The flurry of NMX weapons were impacting against her shields and streaking past as the nimble gunship constantly moved to avoid the heavier weapons.

The shuttles were almost there when they ran into the first of the NMX fighter swarm. They'd have to break through to get home!

Planet H - Beyond The Thermosphere

Certainly it would have been nice if the situation allowed for an easy escape. Never could it be so simple, especially with hindrances and limitations imposed by cost-cutting new generation equipment. Helen mused over the matter, of how simple it would have been in her earlier days to plow through the sources of enemy contact signals which her AIES screamed at her about. That was beside the point though, as she took off along-side the shuttles. Since she had given the order earlier to take a route above the atmosphere of the planet, she had taken the opportunity to loiter in preparation for what was in store for their ride home.

Landing ontop of the lead shuttle, Helen braced herself in the protective shell of the Mindy which she had been forced into using due to circumstances upon the planet, but even though she was stuck with a Mindy, she was not about to let it be a hindrance. A shoulder mounted cannon was hardly sufficient in space in most cases, though, she had taken steps for such a situation. She had loaded the cannon with a spare magazine from her Kylie, packed with ammunition which would have earned frowns during a planetary operation, in each hand she held an aether beam saber rifle. There was no hesitation, as she rode the shuttles into optimal range of the flurry of NMX fighters.

Helen took aim at the fighters directly ahead of the shuttles, and kept her AIES on alert for any sensor variations which would indicate any of the fighters placing a target lock upon her, or the shuttles. Fortunately, one thing had not been downgraded in the recent years, the networking capabilities of AIES and MEGAMI systems, and with that she used the sensors of the supporting gunships to aid her in targeting and tracking as she then opened fire. At each fighter she opened up on, she unleashed beams from both the saber-rifle and the forearm-cannon of whichever arm she was using. When a fighter became a distinctive threat, she opened up on it with both rifles, and both cannons. She watched for fighters pulling into formation, when she spotted two or more in close formation that could be a threat, she unleashed a round from her shoulder cannon, sending an antimatter containment slug at her intended target.

"Klein to away team, if you are armored, and the personnel in whichever shuttle you are in are suited up properly, come on out, enjoy the vacuum, and provide these shuttles with some supporting fire." Helen ordered, as she began to cut a path for the escaping ships.

"Sune," Ramiro called over as he stood up. "Based on the orders from Klein-Shosa, I think you should seal Ketsurui-Taise in the cockpit with you so we can exit out the rear and provide some cover fire."

Planet H - Beyond The Thermosphere

Akemi always hoped things would go as smoothly as possible. She knew it was wrong to wish for unnecessary conflict. Still, she was elated to hear Helen's order. It was another opportunity to prove herself. Already in her Mindy and near the shuttle's exit, she quickly booted it up and replied to her superior. "I'll be with you in a moment Shosa." She notified the pilot of her desire to depart the ship and did so as soon as the hatch was opened. Before leaving, she did as Helen had and set her suit to coordinate with friendly spacecraft and armors. She flew out and away from her shuttle and began aiming for targets the SAINT operative wasn't covering, firing both of her forearm weapons and her Saber-Rifle in rapid fire mode as well as her Gauss cannons. She naturally took preemptive evasive maneuvers and prioritized enemies specifically targeting her or her shuttle. When she saw no major threats to either she split her fire between several targets.

Telemachus

"First toss an AMES in here so that she can suit up in it as a precaution to a hull breach." Sune replied as he started tracking in bounds. Sune tried to figure out why Hanako chose to close on the enemy rather than cut across the hills sphere and exit perpendicular to the the approach of the enemy. But what was done was done, and now they had to try to survive an attack of fighters in an unarmed fighter and two power armors to try and protect it.

"Initiating evasive maneuvers." he called out as he started programing in a random shifting pattern for the shuttle to make it harder for the enemey.

Shuttle

Tomomi held on for dear life when the shuttle she was in took off with such force. The G-Force nearly caused her to black out. Luckily she only feel a few feet towards the open ramp before she snapped out of it and grabbed onto the next thing she could hold on to. She murmured under her breath not so much because she was annoyed with the situation, but because that was all she was able to come up with.

When the G-Force lessened down, climbed her way towards the storage area of the shuttle to see if an AMES was available for her to wear. Finding one, as quickly as she could, Tomomi changed from the cold weather gear she was wearing into the AMES.

Ramiro nodded and grabbed an AMES suit, tossing it at Hanako Two. "No disrespect meant Taisa, but I need you in this suit and in the cockpit as quickly as you can."

Shuttle

From his vantage point by the cockpit door, Bors looked out the cockpit window and did his best to keep his mind occupied by trying to identify ships. That must be the Eucharis judging from her size He thought to himself as he caught a flicker of light heading toward his shuttle,Though i can't say what those are.... Suddenly a violent lurch almost threw him to the floor, Whatever they are they arn't friendly! As he regained his footing, he dashed into the cockpit "Santô Hei Riko, reporting Sir, and with all do respect I'd like to fly us outa this mess Sir." Granted it's slightly different than what I’m used to but flying for your life is all the same In my book.

Shuttle

"You heard the Shosa," said Takeyu to Reika. He got up out of his seat, which he was forced to quickly get down in when the shuttle had suddenly taken off earlier and he had to strap himself in.

He waited until the pilot opened the back hatch, then unshouldered the aether rifle he had been saving and jumped out the back of shuttle and fell in behind it. When he was clear he lined up and began to take fire at any of the pods that got in the way of the shuttle.

Space

The shuttles' shields were raked with fire from the swarming NMX battle pods strafing them as they pushed through towards the gunships. In front of Helen, fighters took hits to their shields and occasionally burst a hole with a fiery trails left behind as they spun out of control. Behind the shuttle, Akemi's fire helped ward off some of the many fighters taking the fleeing shuttles by hitting them in the "face" or in the engines as they swooped by from the front of the shuttle.

Sune's Shuttle

Sparks flew in the cockpit as the shuttle took more hits to its battered shields, which were not going to last much longer. Violent explosions rocked the shuttle, slamming the occupants around. Hanako 2 braced herself against the wall as she struggled to pull her skin-tight AMES suit on.

Riko's Shuttle

After a second, Riko realized the pilot of his shuttle was dead. Blood was all over the cockpit and a hole in the cockpit window was leaking air. An alarm was going off in the cockpit that he recognized from basic training as "Shield Failure."

Space

When Takeyu emerged, he could see it was a real furball with dozens and dozens of NMX fighters picking at the shuttles like angry wasps. They were getting closer to the ship, though - Eucharis' guns were picking off enemy fighters too.

Shuttle

Tomomi walked up behind Riko and looked at the carnage that was the cockpit. She slapped him on the back. "Guess you got your wish." She said in a slightly mocking voice. The only thing she was going to regret in her impending death is that her self will have no clue how much it sucked on that camp.

Space

As the shuttles plowed through the swarm of pods, Helen stuck to her duty. She knew that if she were to back down even slightly, their chances would be cut down drastically. There was no space for even considering having the shuttles evade, it would just increase their travel time to the ship, which would certainly mark them all for death at the hands of the enemy, there was only one way she could think of to cut down on travel time. "Klein to team, as soon as our VIP has her AMES on, someone get into her shuttle, grab her, and teleport the rest of the way to the ship. The shuttles themselves are expendable, she is not. Once she is secured, we can all teleport the rest of the way." Helen ordered, as she continued to lay into the swarming pods with a mix of rapid pulses of aether fire, and the occasional charged beam.

There was something of an after thought to cross Helen's mind as she spoke again; "Anyone without an armor on, get in an AMES, and make it known you need a teleport. If you feel secure with dying and being brought back, make that clear, we have mass limitations to our transport systems."

Space

Though the situation was grim, Akemi was glad she was performing much better in space than she had on land. She was also happy to be working directly alongside Helen and doing a good job of helping the fellow soldier since she had recently praised her. Maybe if she did well enough she'd be praised again. Seeing that the other two ships were faring much worse than her own, she queried them for their manifests to check which one contained the mission objective. Now that she knew which did, she shifted her focus to defending it.

Telemachus

Sune sealed the cockpit of the T7, "Ramiro, you and Konoka best start dealing with some of those fighters or we are going to be without a shuttle." he sent across the PA comms. He then transferred any free power starting with the life support into the flagging shields.

Shuttle

"Well this isn't good"

Bors said as he saw the pilot flop over onto the floor with a splat. Taking immediate action, Bors hopped into the pilot seat and did a quick overview of the gauges, wiping as much of the blood as he could off the control console and sent a quick message to the Eucharis giving a quick update on vital stats before locking his helmet into place.

"Yeah I guess I did Tomomi, though I wish it was under better circumstances"

Bors said through gritted teeth as he tried to avoid as much enemy fire as possible.

All right Bors,your pilot is dead,shields are down, ships leaking air and you’re getting shot at by military grade aircraft, He thought taking a deep breath, no pressure no pressure at all..

Bors then increased the ships speed and continued evasive maneuvers.

Ramiro didn't even hear Sune's words, because once he heard the sounds of the cockpit vacuum sealing, he slammed the button to open the rear door. Once it was open, he bounded out and flipped on his weapon in Sword mode, dashing at a battlepod and slicing at it.

Outside Shuttle

Takeyu dove to avoid incoming fire, then fired off a series of shots, when he heard Helen's response he was tempted to go over and do the job but noticed he was a bit far from the ship. He then queried the squad to see who had a teleportation module but he couldn't get the data for some reason. "Damn it all, suit must've suffered damage that I'm unaware of," he scowled angrily as he dove once more then flew ahead of the shuttle. "Reika, I need you out here please," ordered Takeyu as he started a diagnostic on his suits internal systems.

He spun around onto his back, lighting up fire on the backside of a battlepod before spinning back around. Takeyu watched the team to see who would go after Sune's shuttle, if no made a move, he'd go and he positioned himself to that he could get to the shuttle very quickly. Though he was also wondering just how many of the team actually HAD teleportation modules on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back