• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 15] Gifted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 15.1] Gifted

Zone Two

A batch of fruit caught Ramiro's eye, and it wasn't until he gave them a second glance that he noticed half of the had been harvested. Immediately, he sent a a high-encryption communication to Konoka. "Come here, quickly!" He the transmitted his current grid coordinates to her through his AIES.

Gently bringing his armor down to the ground, he began surveying the area. Harvested fruit, a stream, tree stumps. Either she's here or she was here at some point. Deciding that this had to be the work of Hanako-Two, Ramiro sent a second high-encryption communication to both the Eucharis and Helen.

"Ma'am, I've found signs of sentient habitation. It is my opinion that Hanako-Two is either currently within a click of my current location, or that at one point she resided within a click of my current location. Grid coordinates to follow." Ramiro proceeded to transmit his coordinates, encrypting the transmission, and send it to Helen and the Eucharis.

Zone 5

Takeyu flew toward Zone 5, arriving on its northern edge, he waited a bit until Reika was ready to go. Then he began moving in a pattern that would take him across the zone toward it's east, before moving west.

He scanned for anything that would show signs of life, such as farm-land or recent clearing of trees or plants. "Come on... we know your out there, just give us a sign..." muttered Takeyu to himself.

As soon as Konoka got Ramiro's communication, she sped toward where Ramiro was. Her eyes widened with hope at the sight of the evidence of harvesting. She hoped Himeni was still in the area!
"I assume you've already informed the Eucharis," she communicated to Ramiro. "So what do we do next? Wait for orders on how to proceed?"

She was chomping at the bit.

"No, we're still not entirely sure if she will be cooperative. We don't want to giver her time to flee, but we should at least give her a chance to come out. We proceed in a condensed search area. My guess is she's no more than a mile away." After Ramiro sent his communication back to Konoka, he scanned the area for nearby lifeforms, specifying his systems to prioritize biomechanical and hemosynthetic lifeforms.

Ramiro began moving in the direction that had the most trees cut down. Basic survival skills dictates that you cut down a majority of the trees within a small radius of your dwelling in order to prevent bad storms from tipping trees on you. Also, if you're cutting down trees to build a shelter, you won't want to drag the wood as far and will thus will have thinned the forest near your dwelling. Knowing Hanako, she would have nearly as much survival knowledge as I do.

As Ramiro walked, he used his armor's speakers to communicate so that he could be sure she would hear, "Ketsurui Hanako-Taisa, this is Valencia Ramiro-Juni, Starship Operator of the YSS Eucharis, Star Army of Yamatai. We are here to rescue you, please respond."

Camp - Communications Center

Bors leaned on the door frame as Akemi spoke to him "Was gonna ask if you needed help Akemi-hei, but it seems you got everything under control here." Bors said turning to exit, "I'll go inform Suzume-hei to report here when we leave to help search."

Barracks

Bors quickly entered the barracks and quickly shut the door behind him. "To damn windy out there" he said to himself before updating Misato with the information Akemi told him. After doing so he rifled through the Nepleslian Military Survival Kit again and pulled out the shotgun and began to disassemble and clean it. She said relax and this is the best way i know how. He thought to himself with a slight smile on his face.

Camp - Barracks

Having finished with her adjustments, Akemi picked up the Kylie and carried it into the barracks. "Your suit is ready now," she said plainly. She then got into a fresh Mindy which she had transferred her power armor accessories to beforehand. Bors' special suit didn't look very different from a regular one. The sides and joints just had some armor from a Mindy added to them to make it overall a bit wider and longer. The additional pieces lined up smoothly with the original parts though, making the new appearance seem natural. "Klein-Shosa ordered me to tell you that you are piloting a rarity and should therefore take care to make sure it is not ruined."

Misato waved as Bors headed out the door. She needed to get into another Mindy so that if anything comes up she could be ready. She found a usable Mindy under her cot, smiling she pulled it out and started putting it on. She was just finished putting the last of the chest section on when Bors came back into the building.

She nodded after he filled her in on what was expected of her. She watched him start pulling the shotgun apart when she started thinking about her own guns look around by the cot she found her rifle and off of her old Mindy she grabbed her pistol. She quickly went over both to make sure they were functioning. The rifle was dirty and had ash smudges over it but it seemed useable.

After a few minutes, her weapon maintained, she stood at clipped her helmet to her waist and headed to the door. “I’m going to walk around the camp to get a feel for it.” She said to Bors as she reached for the door and opened it to head out.

Planet H - Encampment

Helen's end of things were unfortunately slow. She had to make sure that Bors and the others were doing as they were supposed to, before she would go to Reika and speak to her. "Yes, Zone 5, let's move, we're running behind schedule."

Short Time Later

After Helen gave the order to go, she took off, and during that time the other search teams made their progress, which resulted in Helen receiving a message from Ramiro, which was relayed along to her. She then sent a reply over the same encrypted frequency which she had Tomomi set up for the group. "Ramiro, transmission acknowledged. All away team members who are not at base camp, converge on Ramiro's location. Remain in atmosphere, low to the ground." As Helen had spoke before, and informed the others, they could have company. "I want communication silence for the next hour, Ramiro, you are the only one with permission to break silence with a code word in the event you actually find our objective. Code word; first and only person to die on this mission so far. Do not speak anything other than the codeword unless ordered by myself, or a transmission from the Shosho. Klein, out." With that, she rapidly changed trajectory and set course for Ramiro's position, while hugging close to the ground.

En Route to Zone Two

A short time after departing the camp, Akemi received Helen's message and began heading to Zone Two. Given her personality she wouldn't have any trouble keeping quiet. Upon entering the area she'd begin making scans of her own while staying low like her superior.

Bridge

"Ma'am the Away team reports they have discovered a site that shows recent habitation. The coordinates are in Sector 2. The other members of the away team are converging on their location. No report of visual sighting of our objective." Sune called out.

Orbit

The NMX scout ship was now in orbit and conducting scans of the surface, listening for any transmissions. It fired a barrage of its ship guns at the location from which Ramiro had sent his message...

Surface - Zone 2

...turning the farmland into a burning crater. Ramiro and Konoka barely made it. The proximity of the blast sent him tumbling through the air and melted some of their suit's exterior sensors.

Ahead Ramiro, found a well-hidden cave entrance leading into the mountainside. There was a workbench, fire logs, a stone oven, and a primitive iron anvil just inside it.

Base Camp

Moving to one piece of equipment to another, monitored the communications to ensure everything was smooth. She wasn't entirely satisfied with the encrypted channel she had created before. And with the radio silence order it gave her some more time to devise further methods to secure it.

She rushed over to the console she used previously and looked at what she had done. Hopping the sub-channels at synced random times was already the standard. "I wonder if I could increase the bits of the encryption.." Tomomi thought to her self, be she immediately purged the idea for something to do back on the Eucharis. That would require updating all of the communication software of every piece of equipment with it on the ship.

She frowned at the thought the teams had to rely on her ad-hoc setup. Though it did not last as long as started to work up an firmware to update the encryption bit rating a little higher that she can transmit to the teams. But she frowned again as she begun to modify the source code.

The blast from the NMX barrage sent Ramiro flying. He slammed his fist into the ground in anger. Why do those ass holes always have to show up at the worst fucking time!? Looking up, he immediately realized that several of his sensors were melted, but this concern was immediately brushed to the side when he saw the cave entrance. He turned around and motioned to Konoka before rushing into the cave.

He surveyed his surroundings, taking slight appreciation in Hanako's ability to survive in the wild, but he avoided dwelling on any thoughts. Time was of the essence, and he immediately began searching the cave, using his armor's speakers to continue repeating his previous message, but making sure not to output any frequency messages that could be intercepted or detected, "Ketsurui Hanako-Taisa, this is Valencia Ramiro-Juni, Starship Operator of the YSS Eucharis, Star Army of Yamatai. We are here to rescue you, please respond."

Konoka just about fell out of the fishing sky when the NMX showed up, but she was a neko, so she was better off than Ramiro. Her armor was already patching her up.
Which made her more able to patch up Himeni once they found her, she realized, if Himeni was hurt. But following Ramiro to the cave, she noticed that Himeni seemed to have a pretty nice set-up in there. Konoka was impressed. Survival skills.....just another of Hanako-himesama's plethora of talents, she thought, smiling. She began to help Ramiro search the cave. "Hanako-hime," she communicated stealthily, adding to Ramiro's encrypted, undetectable transmission, "We have been sent to rescue you. I am Miyazawa Konoka, Itto Hei, of Star Army Medical. Do you require medical attention, or are you capable of coming towards us so we can get you off this planet? Please respond. "

Surface - Zone 2

Hanako (2) emerged from the shadows carrying a torch. She had roughly trimmed short hair and was wearing a cotton-like tunic and sandals and was armed with a tomahawk. She looked at Ramiro in wonder, then past him at the explosion. "I assume there is a hurry to leave?" she asked Konoka, a little bit of sadness in her voice. She had worked long and hard to make a life for herself on this remote world. It had been very peaceful.

YSS Eucharis Bridge

"I am turning us around to go back and sink the NMX scout. We need to hurry because it will call for reinforcements. Do you want to pilot the extraction shuttle?" Hanako asked Sune.

After a brief pause, Hanako also added in a quiet voice: "Sorry I did not respond to your question earlier; I really do not know what will happen with the other me. The important thing is to keep her out of the Mishhu's tentacles."

Surface Zone 5

Takeyu scowled angrily at himself, still no sign or any response to his pings. "Nothing at all," he said as he came to a stop above the water. The bottom of his armored boot lightly touched the water, sending ripples outwards while he looked around.

He then craned his head up at the sky for a moment before continuing the search, blasting back up into the air so he could get a clear view of the area again. "Reika, you still with me?" he asked

Bridge

"I will take care of it." Sune said as he locked down his console. We already had someone flying the shuttles.... so Hanako asks me to take one down. So help me if another NMX warship arrives and shoots me down... he thought. He left the bridge a moment later. First place was the fabrication area to pick up the newly manufactured Mindy 2-3A armor. He hefted it and gave it a check. After seeing the video of his death, he had less confidence in its capabilities than before. Regardless of his confidence, having an extra layer of protection while he flew the shuttle, could make a difference in being alive or a casualty.

He put the armor on and initiated its power up and self-diagnostics. Once it was complete he grabbed a Ke-M2-W2901 Aether Beam Saber-Rifle from the armory and went to the shuttle bay. He climbed into the Telemachus IV. Place his weapon in the cockpit and powered up the shuttle.

"Telemachus IV ready for launch, waiting for the Scout to be disabled." he sent via Charisma. I really do not want to try dogfighting in the T7. Its not like I am a member of a fighting group like the Fighting Diamonds. he thought.

Seeing Hanako Two, Ramiro stood and attention and bowed. "Ketsurui-sama, it is urgent that we leave immediately. The mishu are bombarding the planet as we speak and have already whipped out half of you agriculture." He extended a hand towards her, as an indication for her to grab on so he could transport her to a safe location. As he did, he took a good look at her. There were noticeable differences to the current Hanako, such as the hair color, and hair length, but she still had that powerful Hanako aura about her.

Barracks

Bors was disassembling the shotgun for the fifth time and was thinking about trying it blindfolded before his nepliesian blood started to get the better of him. I know i was supposed to relax but I think I’ve relaxed enough He thought snapping the last few pieces of the shotgun together and set it on his bunk and started to get into the kylie that was loaned to him. After a few minutes of fitting into the suit ors grabbed his Rifle and slung the shotgun over his shoulder and walked outside to get a feel for the suit keeping what Akemi told him in mind.

Misato wonder around the camp, despite finding the cold air refreshing she put her helmet on. She patched into the camps main comms so she would be able to keep on the ball if any thing changed. as she finished her second lap she saw Bors coming out of the barracks. waving she watched him wonder about in the armor, after a few minutes she walked over, "It works better if you stop thinking about running it, just ware it like clothes."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back