• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 15] Gifted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 15.1] Gifted

Eucharis Bridge

While Sune waited for the Eucharis to get into position, he recalled that there was data he did not have.

"Eucharis to Away Team, at your soonest upload your AIES logs for the mission. There is possibly sensor data that may help us. Jalen-Shosa out."

Base Camp

"Aye, aye sir." Tomomi simply said as she raised her right index and middle fingers together somewhere near her hooded right eyebrow. She then looked around the camp for the module most likely to be their command center and then proceeded to head towards in.

Once she entered, she took a moment to survey what equipment was sent down and what she needed to do first.

YSS Eucharis

"In position," Blackberry announced as the ship hung over the night side of the planet.

"What area is Bravo Team searching first?" Hanako sent to Helen.

Planet H - Base Encampment - Barracks

"Helen to Eucharis, based on review of the information provided, we will conduct a quick sweep of Zone 5 en route to Zone 6, which will be given an extensive sweep. From Zone 6, we will move to Zone 1, then to Zone 2, then Zone 3. Granted what it really comes down to is that we'll be conducting a sweep along the equator. However, I have assigned Reika to formulate an enhanced search pattern based on probability assessments in relation to terrain, available natural resources, documented psychological profile of Taisa Hanako, and the survival training which would have been available at the time of her going MIA." Helen explained, as she finished tending to medical needs, then went about preparing one of the Mindy units for her usage.

"I do hope though, that perhaps Zones 3 and 2 could perhaps be swept by drones or by the Eucharis once Zone 4 is handled, Shosho, it would make our job a little easier, due to our speed limitations in our armors." Helen transmitted, as she looked over the fresh Mindy unit, not entirely pleased at the fact of not being able to field her Kylie until repairs would be complete.

Camp

With the tower set up, Takeyu connected the lines and checked the feeds to make certain none of the cables had any damage to them from the cold.

Satisfied with the work, he walked around the outside of the center and made a few quick adjustments to the moorings to make certain that the wind didn't blow it away or damage the center in anyway. Then, he walked inside to check on Tomomi-hei's progress. "Everything ok in here?" he asked and sent a message to Rieka-hei to head to him.

Base Camp

Helen received a response from the Eucharis. "I can get a sprite team to search zone three," Hanako replied through the radio. "Now that the NMX are away, this almost might be a good time to send some signals."

"Shosho, we've been trying with the equipment we have available, and our comm-system down here is in the last legs of being brought online. My team has orders to begin transmissions ASAP." Helen explained in a transmission, restraining her irritation at being told the obvious as she slipped into the Mindy armor, finding that she had to squeeze into it a bit to fit properly. Once inside, she released a sigh as she mounted the helmet in place.

"Bravo Team" Helen started; "We need to get to work, pick up the pace, and get your respective assignments in order. Takeyu, Reika, you two will be with me in a search pattern. Tomomi, you will coordinate the group with the comm-system, and conduct transmissions to attempt to get the attention of our objective. Keep it simple, identification and statement of intent accompanied with an IFF signal as well as optimal reply frequency and our current coordinates." Helen ordered, as she stepped out of the barracks quickly, so she would be able to close the door and keep the warm air in, and the cold air out. Once she was out in the cold, she released a soft sigh while looking into the starry night sky above. "It would be beautiful if this place were not so f#$%ing cold." she spoke to no one specific.

Base Camp

Before Bravo Team departed, Akemi exited the communications center, spotted Helen and approached her. "Shosa, your Kylie is ready for use."

Base Camp
Konoka had little to do now that all the medical stuff was settled. She realized that Bors had little to do, either, besides sit around and heal. She wanted to make friends with Bors, and to see how he was doing, both physically and psychologically- he was just a newbie, after all, and his first impressions of life on the Eucharis had been less than welcoming. His first impressions of HER probably hadn't been that great, either....She'd introduced herself to him and then run away. She'd then misdirected him to a shuttle neither of them were supposed to be on. All in all, they'd only really started getting along after his hand got blown up.

It seemed like high time to be lot a more welcoming to Bors. "Riko-Hei," she said softly. "How are you doing? Is your hand feeling any better?" She sighed. "Oh, stars. This is only your first mission, isn't it?"

Konoka remembered that her first day on the job consisted of raising the dead and then crawling through an alien jungle that had killed all but her and three other people, none of which were still stationed on the Eucharis. She wanted to do something to make sure Bors' first few days on the Eucharis were much better than hers. "Can I do anything for you, Riko-Hei?" she offered. "Don't be afraid to ask." Like I was.

Planet H - Encampment

"Akemi, I should put you in for a medal." Helen replied to the news, as she skimmed along the ground in the Mindy before landing at the comm-center. There was a moment of thought though, as Helen realized something; there was a better use for her Kylie than her own selfish nostalgia. "Akemi, change of plan..." Helen spoke as she stepped up to the miracle-worker. "I want you to try to let out the seams on it a little. Two inches. I want that armor ready for Bors. He won't be able to use the Mindy, and the Kylie is optimized for non-synthetic lifeforms. If you have to borrow parts from a Mindy to make it happen, I authorize it. When Bors is ready to deploy, I want you to make it clear to him that what he is piloting is a rarity, and he should take care not to get it blown up."

As she gave that order, she sent a non-priority message to the Eucharis' computer, to be transmitted when it would be safe and secure to do so. It was a message to be relayed through the appropriate channels to have a replacement Kylie dispatched to the Eucharis when it would be back in port. She was not about to go without one of those machines for long.

Base Camp

Akemi smiled radiantly at Helen and gave her another little bow. "Thank you ma'am. I am very grateful for your praise. I will start working on modifying it immediately." With that said, she jogged over to the barracks to grab a new Mindy. Before she actually picked one up she quickly walked over to Bors and bent down to speak to him. "Please excuse me, I wish to inform you that at Klein Shosa's order, I will be working on modifying her Kylie so that you will be able to use it." Without waiting for a reply she turned around and headed back to the communications center with a Mindy slung over her shoulder. She planned to remove a large amount of its armor and weld it onto Helen's unit. Not just to compensate for the lengthening of it, but to increase its overall durability.

Bridge

The Shosho looked over the planet on the main viewscreen, pacing the bridge as she transmitted a message:

"Hanako, are you here? I am your successor. I have come to rescue you and bring you back to Yamatai. Please respond if you are here. This telepathic message will repeat along with the following verification codes..."

"Contact!" Blackberry announced. "NMX defolding!"

Hanako returned to her seat. "Report the enemy's size and position."

"A single scout ship on the outskirts of the system, beyond firing range of the other gunships."

Hanako frowned a little. "They want to know if we are still here. They want to know if we are interested in this system. Since we have not left to avoid their counterattack, they can infer we have a purpose here," she grimly analyzed. "The scout will not attack, but it is a sign that the NMX will return if we do not leave."

Eucharis Bridge

Having gotten no reply from the Away team for his data request, Sune had Charisma send a command down to the CRDM and initiate a complete log upload from the various AIES in the away teams armors. Once the data started coming in he set about to overlaying the sensor data.

He paused when he saw an image that struck him. His finger hit the control on his console and rewound the playback a few seconds. After watching it a second time he let the data continue to stream.

When he saw that sensor data flare of a ship arriving. He listened to Hanako's analysis while he completed his.

"Zone 2, no indications present in the sensor logs of Alpha team when we flew over it." He called out.

He made note of the location of Beta team in relation to where Alpha team was being overrun. When he played the data he just shook his head, made note of the information and continued with his work.

Using a tight beam transmission he sent a single to the Away team's location.

"Eucharis to Away team.
Time may be running out. A NMX Scout has entered the system. Likelihood of other ships arriving high."

Encampment

Ramiro rolled over and examined a message that came was forwarded to his personal comm. His eyes shot open as he scrambled out of his bed and towards his armor.

"Alpha Team, suit up and fall in outside the barracks in five minutes," he called as loud as he could. He jumped into his armor and immediately started it up, checking the IFF for Helen's location.

When he ascertained the Helen was near the comm-center, Ramiro popped out of the barracks and sprinted over to her. When he was about five feet away he stopped and bowed.

"Ma'am, given the new circumstances, I would like to request that Alpha Team forgoes your orders to rest and instead helps with the search effort."

Base Camp

Akemi stopped what she was doing, put away her tools and started running towards the barracks to fulfill Ramiro's order. She wasn't really disappointed by the interruption of her work. She looked forward to setting out again and seeing more action.

Planet H - Encampment

"Called it." Helen spoke aloud as she gestured to Akemi. "Whoa whoa, finish your job. We need to get Bors mobile or he is going to be a sitting duck when the shit hits the fan. Don't make it pretty, just make it compatible with his body." Helen ordered, before she stepped over to Ramiro.

"Ramiro, this is the plan. I want your team to get out of the atmosphere and use the space-speed advantage to move to Zone One and Zone Two. On re-entry, send out comm-pings to the area and hope for the best and conduct a series of high speed sweeps. Beta team will handle Zone Five and Zone Six. For now though, since Bors is about as mobile as a brick, and Akemi is elbow deep in work, stick to checking Zone Two, and Akemi and Bors will launch and check out Zone One once they are able." There was something of a logistical nightmare present, considering that they were merely two squad-sized groups tasked with sweeping the equator of an entire planet.

"Tomomi, patch me through to the Eucharis, maximum encryption, I don't mind the buffer-time." Helen spoke, as she opened a freshly encrypted comm-link with the Eucharis before speaking. "Klein to Eucharis, in light of the NMX return, I recommend that the Eucharis and the rest of the group departs the system and folds to the nebula to the stellar East of this system. Our ground team will be able to easily hide out until the NMX lose interest, or, until a suitable group of ships can be assembled to properly claim this system for the Empire. Long term prospects for this system are favorable to justify the effort to create a foot-hold, Shosho. I'd put my name on the paperwork as an official intelligence review if need be."

Eucharis Bridge

"In any case, we need to take the ship out of the hill sphere so we are not trapped in the event of NMX attack," Hanako agreed with Helen. She broke orbit and headed for open space.

Planet H - Encampment

"See you soon Shosho, Klein out." Helen transmitted, before she turned to Ramiro, and opened a short-range comm-link with everyone in the encampment. "I figure the departure of the gunship group will buy us about an hour. Then, that scoutship will come and start to snoop around. I want Bors mobile before then. I also want our respective teams in designated search locations. Reika and Takeyu will handle Zone 5, Tomomi and I will handle Zone 6. Alpha team has already been given their assignments. We'll use the communication building as a relay for our comms. Tomomi, set up a unique frequency for our groups to communicate on." Helen ordered as she mulled over the situation for a moment more. "Since the Eucharis has left, that kind of leaves us S.O.L in regard to Zone 4... we'll just have to put that one off til last." she figured, before she gestured to Ramiro. "Move out with your assigned partner and get to work, Beta team needs a few more minutes then we'll head out as well."

With the orders given, Helen silently thought on the matter of having to fare on the planet, much like the Hanako they were looking for. They had plenty more than her, so it was immensely likely that they'd manage better and longer than her. Odds were in their favor that they'd come away with a favorable mission outcome... that was assuming that they were not captured, imprisoned, raped, then eaten.

it doesn't really hurt anymore if that’s anything. As for this being my first mission, it is well in the SAoY anyway." Bors paused for a quick breath before answering her final question. "No I don't believe there is anything you can currently do for me, but thanks for the consideration." Bors wasn’t really used to people taking care of him, or really talking to him for that matter and he couldn’t help but think that it would take some getting used to but it may grow on him. Before he could voice his opinion on the matter Akemi told him that he was supposed to use Helen's Kylie suit, "Noted thanks for the info Akemi" he said before hearing Ramiro's orders to suit up.Well time to to get back into the swing of things Bors thought to himself while glancing around for the new set of armor he was supposed to wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back