• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 15] Gifted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 15.1] Gifted

Alpha, Alone, and Lost

Misato started moving toward Ramiro’s transmissions but refused to respond, he simply didn’t have the challenge answer. He made be telling the truth with the fact he just didn’t know or he could be an enemy radio operator with good voice tech. As she hiked further on she was able to put weight onto her leg it hurt and didn’t feel right, but she needed to be able to get her gun back up to par and have it ready to go in case she did walk in to some NMX. She wanted to be ready just in case.

She started to feel quite exhausted so she sat down and rested for a minute. It was only after she closed her eyes she got two messaged received, both form her team and both with the right answers. Suzume decided to answer the on with the medical question.

“This is Misato, I’m glad to hear a friendly voice, I’m working my way up to the foot hills to find cover, I have a broken leg, it feels like it is knitting but I fear it is not set correctly. My head hurts, and I’m quite exhausted. My Mindy is damaged and barely running at this time, the environmental system is slowly dying, the power assist muscles are out, the my computing systems are in and out, flight systems shows a green light but I worry about if they would work for long.”

It was just as she sent that message, Ramiro sent his about a location in which to meet up with the alpha team. She decided that the direction of his and Miyazawa’s signals where roughly the same. She started to head that way using short mile or two jumps with her flight system. It was getting cold and she was having trouble staying awake. She must have taken a blow to her head in the explosion or the tank got her worst then she first thought. Either way she just hoped that she could arrive at the local soon.

It took to an hour and a half to get to the meet up point, she approached the last quarter mile to it on foot with her gun armed and up. She was very dizzy at this point and she was hearing a constant ringing in her left ear. She sent a quick ping to Ramiro and then hid, fearing that it might be an ambush.

Planet H - Base Encampment

"Ramiro, Alpha Team will have the first down time shift due to your contact with the enemy. Your team needs to be examined, patched up, fed, and rested. Beta team will handle things for the next six hours. Both teams will work off of a search pattern which will be formulated shortly." Helen explained, as she sat beside her Kylie, which she placed in a sitting position beside her on her bunk. In front of her was an empty box, which she was using as a table to review what was left in her medical kit. She figured it would be best to expend the last of the half-used kit in treating the others, so she could substitute a full kit in the butt-pack of her armor. "When six hours pass, Alpha team will pick up where Beta left off, and will switch off six hours after that. We'll continue that pattern until we've completely exhausted the computed search pattern." Helen explained, before she quirked her brow. "Convey those plans to the rest of Alpha team, while I set up to start first aid procedures."

Base

Takeyu gave a nod at the orders and put his rifle away before heading over to the shuttle to help with moving the Mindy's to the barracks. As per Helen's instructions, he placed the armors on the bottom bunks, making certain each one was laid out properly before heading back outside to grab a new one and bring it back.

His mind was multi-tasking, while he was writing up a situational report and constantly updating it as the mission progressed, he was also keeping track of everyone in his squad and also updating himself on what Alpha was doing.

Taking another Mindy out and moving it, he decided to check on the status of the squad. "Reika-hei, how's the unloading going?" he asked before changing over to addressing Tomomi, which he had noticed wasn't back at the camp yet, and that was a bit worrisome.

"Tomomi-hei, what's your status?" he sent, stopping just short to glance up at the sky before proceeding with the mindy movement.

Encampment

"Aye," Ramiro responded before bowing and departing from Helen. He walked outside, at which point he noticed that his IFF was pinging a location, which was where he had directed Misato. Walking to the edge of the mountaintop, he flashed a couple of lights to get the Hei's attention. "We're up on top of the mountain. We're setting up an encampment base here while we search for Hanako Two. Alpha Team has a six hour break for rest and medical attention, so get up here quick."

Ramiro walked back towards the center of the encampment before he sounded off. "Alpha Team, fall in." He waited for the full group to assemble before he conveyed his simple message. "We have a six hour break. Get medical attention if needed, get sleep if needed, and keep warm since it's cold up here. Fall out."

Base

Upon Helen's suggestion upon stepping the whole way outside the barracks Reika appropriated one of the cold-weather outfits that had come in the supply shipment, donning it over her field suit to provide some additional warmth and comfort -- though she did feel a little silly trudging about dressed like a viking.

Once changed, the Neko went about helping in the unloading of the rest of the equipment from the Telemachus. A short while later she was approached by Takeyu.

"We're getting there... I think we'll be finished in another ten to twenty minutes or so." The cyan-haired girl responded with a gritted smile to keep her teeth from chattering -- at least the physical activity was helping to stave off most of the cold.

Medical Center
Sune woke up lying on his back looking up at the ceiling. He pondered that fact for a moment. In his peripheral vision he noticed the synaptic interface unit. So he realized he was on the mental backup station but had no idea how he got here. His last memories were of the bridge, updating his mental backup via the SPINE interface. How did I get down here? he thought then he realized that he was lying naked. Resuscitation; that means I must have died on the away team. He swung his legs over the edge of the bed and hopped off the bed. He did a peremptory series of stretches then walked over to one of the supply cabinets to acquire a pair of scrubs. He took a moment to survey the medical center. While it was in a state of disarray, it was clear of any copious amounts of blood.

Where is the medical staff? If the mission is over they should be here. Perhaps Konoka and Hakushi were killed in the mission too? he considered briefly until he noted the empty hemosynth tubes. “Okay, so they are not dead, no one else is being resuscitated.“ he said to himself as he donned the scrubs. He picked up the intercom and tried to dial but there was no response from the handset. He did not dare sending a telepathic message, for all he knew the Eucharis could be in stealth mode and a stray telepathic message would bring the NMX on them.

He stood for a moment and listened. The ship was quiet there was none of the typical sounds of battle, but quieter still many of the ambient background noises were not present. “Seems we are in a bit of a lull in the action; so to basics. First clothing, then find Hanako or whomever is in charge at the moment and get a situation report.”

He left the medical center and made his way to his cabin. He grabbed a Type 31 Working Uniform out of his locker and headed down to the showers. After a quick shower to rinse the residual hemosynth fluid from his body he put on the uniform. He put the towel he had used into the hamper and went back to his room. He grabbed a Type 27 NSP out of his locker, it would do for the time being until he could requisition a Type 30. With his uniform appearance acceptable; he made his way to the bridge and hopefully get some answers.

Beta Team

"Tomomi-hei, what's your status?" Takeyu's voice came over the speakers in her helmet. Since the transmission type was not laser based, she figured that the communication ban was lifted. Not like she was one to speak anyways.

"Sho-i, I am arriving at the base camp right now. Been flying at quarter speed so I do not miss anything. What have I missed?" Tomomi replied back as she slowly descended towards the icy ground. When she was close enough to do so safely, she shut down her propulsion system and dropped to the ground.

Base Camp
On Akemi's suggestion, Konoka grabbed the last box and walked inside with it, putting it down with the others. Upon hearing Ramiro's orders and receiving Misato's transmission, she sighed, "Suzume-Hei is walking up here with a broken leg and a busted armor. Unless anyone else requires medical attention, I'm going to wait to recieve her."

Konoka then fished out her medical kit and grabbed a ration package for Misato; the exhausted neko would probably arrive hungry, and food would do her good. She sat down on a bed, digging through her medical kit for supplies that might be useful in treating Misato's injuries, and waited.

Bors gave a nod of understanding after hearing Ramiro's orders and headed back to the barracks. As soon as he was through the door he popped off his helmet and made a beeline for the Nepleslian Military Survival Kit and started to rifle through it. I know it’s in here somewhere he thought tossing several items aside until he finally found what he was looking for. "I knew you couldn’t hide from me old friend" he said somewhat audibly as he pulled out the gallon jug of whiskey and set it aside and put the other items back into the kit. Picking up the jug he walked over to a bed opposite of Konoka and sat down. "So doc" he said taking a swig from the jug "do we have a med lab down here or should I take the T7 upstairs to the ship? I'd like to get this hand thing taken care of ASAP." Thinking he may have been to abrupt with the medic he held out the jug to her "And uh, thanks for patching me up back there too, here if you’re going back out anytime soon take a drink it will warm you up a bit."

Camp

Takeyu chuckled lightly at Reika's response. "It'll be short lived though sadly," he said before addressing Tomomi's message.

"We've got unloading to do here, however, the Shosa wants you and I to set up the communications building. There's more, but one step at a time," he said before setting down the last armor on the bed, he looked it over briefly then headed out to the area where the communications building was.

YSS Eucharis Medical Lab

Hakujou walked back into the central hub of the medical bay, and paused, while still drying her hands off.

"Hm?" She murmured, "Sune's not here." She muttered as she stuck her hands back into her lab coat. Tilting her head she connected to the medical bay's sensors and watches the security feed. Shrugging she decided to let Sune go about his business.

YSS Eucharis Bridge

"Eucharis to Helen," Hanako radioed to the surface. "Situation report acknowledged and approved. We do not have any CRDMs of the 1A type aboard," Hanako told Helen. "I am sending you a map of places to search and some suggestions. Please stand by."

"Welcome back, Sune," Hanako greeted her first officer. "As you probably guessed, you were killed by the NMX. The good news is that the rest of the team survived...barely. Here is the situation: The NMX withdrew from the area in order to salvage the battleship we ambushed. We do not know when or if they will return or what size elements they will bring. For now the planet appears to be clear of enemy forces. Alpha and Bravo Teams have set up a base camp."

Hanako pulled up a map of the surface.

"It is on top of this mountain, here. MEGAMI and I have also estimated that my duplicate is in one of the following six zones and that she is most likely within 2 kilometers of a source of fresh water. It is likely that she is growing food so we are conducting an orbital view looking for signs of farmland, although the small size needed makes patches hard to find. Is it likely she is in a home that is camouflaged and at least partially underground and that it built with stone if possible. It is likely that she is near a source of wood or burnable materials. Do you want to rejoin the teams? We have shuttles going back and forth."

Base Camp

Victory gave Akemi a smile in regards to the complement. Soon, with the efforts of Victory, Akemi, and Reika, the shuttle's contents were stuffed into the now-crowded barracks module and when Konoka asked to help, Victory suggested she get the quilted insulation sheets set up inside the barracks.

Attachments

• planet h search.png
    planet h search.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 94

Bridge

"Thank you ma'am." He replied with an awkward smile. He surveyed the damage to bridge. It was apparent that the Eucharis had taken quite a pounding.

"I am relieved to hear that the two away teams survived. With your permission, I believe at least for the moment my talents are more useful here on the Eucharis. That is a lot of surface area to cover. A conservative estimate of more than 24,000,000 square miles, and we are looking for one person."

He crossed over to his station, and moved some of the debris off the console. "You said we have had shuttles making runs to and from the surface. We may be able to eliminate some of the area by taking their sensor data and running a comparison. Thermographic imaging would allow us to eliminated areas where there are no static thermal anomalies."

Planet H - Encampment - Inside Barracks

"Message received and acknowledged Shosho, will begin to formulate a search pattern based off of the enclosed data. I will keep you appraised as to the situation, Shosa Klein out." Helen ended the message, before she began to review the data which was patched from the Eucharis. Oh wow... just like I originally thought, look around the equator and hope a miracle happens. Thanks Hanako, a lot of help here, really. Helen scowled a bit at her own thoughts, before she broke her attention away and back to what was right in front of her.

"Konoka." Helen spoke, looking over to the medic. "I can handle the minor injuries, it'll leave you free to tend to Suzume." As she spoke on the matter, she got up from her seat and began to conduct a quick visual inspection of those gathered, looking for those which were injured and just not outspoken enough to make a point of seeking treatment.

Planet H - Encampment - Inside Barracks

Having finished installing the insulation, Akemi moved on to setting up the comfort module. Afterwards she would discreetly eat one of the type V rations away from the others. Her injuries were naturally concealed by her uniform and she did her utmost to make sure they were not seen through her actions.

Planet H - Base Encampment - Barracks

Surveying the team and the barracks, Helen stepped along between bunks, and as she moved she spotted Akemi eating away from the others. It was an odd sight to see the average soldier eating apart from the others, it brought a question to the front of Helen's mind, along with a memory of an earlier report. "Akemi." Helen spoke, as she stepped over. "I recall you mentioning a power armor malfunction earlier. Did your armor or you take enemy fire or sustain some sort of other damage?" She asked, and with all honesty, she was more concerned about the armor at that point, since it was a potentially mission critical asset, which she knew was possibly going to fail.

Akemi quickly put her food aside and wiped her mouth with a napkin. She hastily stood to answer her superior. "Yes ma'am, my armor and I did. I was hit by the main canon of a spider tank while I had a forearm shield up. I sustained fractures to my neck and arms. I'm fine now though. I intended to examine and repair it. May I work with Nayacesen-Shoi to repair the armors?"

There was a moment of thought from Helen, she weighed the matter before responding; "Let me examine you first. If you've recovered properly, I'll allow it. However, you'll have to wait a short bit if you're not fully recovered, since I'll have to administer treatment. It'll likely be little to fuss over even if you do need treatment." she spoke, before gesturing for Akemi to follow her to the bunk where she had set up shop with her first aid supplies.

"Of course ma'am. Thank you." Akemi followed Helen to the bed and complied with any further instructions.

"You know, field personnel have it a lot easier than when I was first starting out in the Star Army." Helen spoke, as she sat down and picked up the PMS-1M unit from her medkit, which she activated and began to scan Akemi with. "We used to have to use some basic methods for diagnosing injuries." As she spoke, the scanner gathered all the data required, which resulted in Helen concluding the proper course of treatment. "You're lucky you're a 29 model, easier bone to knit." she spoke, as she picked up the hypo of anti-inflammatory medication. "This will help you avoid persisting soreness or possible agitation of the muscles around your injuries." she explained, before pressing the hypo against Akemi's arm, where she administered the injection. "I want you to take a hour break, then you can resume light duty until your search rotation comes up if you choose to. If it were just your arm, it would be no major issue, but that neck injury requires time to properly heal and I'd rather you not aggravate it. Understood?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back