• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 15] Gifted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 15.1] Gifted

Alpha Team

After seeing Ramiro take off, Akemi turned to Riko. "Please let me carry you," she said plainly. Assuming he did she would follow her superior to and up the mountain while cradling the Nepleslian in her aching, but healing arms. She didn't mind the idea of carrying him. She was actually eager to do so since it was an opportunity to show initiative and be helpful. The synthetic muscles of her suit would also lessen the load on her own.

Planet H - Encampment

Helen felt she had spent enough time looking into the abyss, as she stepped away from the edge of the mountain top and made her way to the mobile barracks, fighting against wind in the process. As she made her way, she carried on with her communication with the Eucharis and the Shosho. "Shosho, I feel that an armor must be sent down for each individual here, include teleport and shield modules..." Helen's voice seemed detached for the moment, as she stepped into the barracks, and instantly began to notice some distinctive issues, which sent her to the environmental control first thing. "Shosho, the internal liner of the barracks is missing, we need one sent down... perhaps two, we'll be needing the increased insulation." Inwardly, she wondered why they did not send down a 'Sleeper' type structure.

There was a sigh from Helen, barely audible, as she poked at her belly through a hole in her armor as she sat down on the edge of one of the beds. "On the subject of armor again, I am going to need a replacement chest and back piece for my Kylie from my supplies on board, if it is too much trouble, I could manage with a Mindy..." She trailed off, as she looked about the rather modest structure. "If we're taking this in shifts, Shosho, the off-group is going to get restless prior to sack time. Request that one of our Nepleslian Survival Kits be sent down... further requests will be submitted through text based communication, Shosho, I do not wish to keep you for longer than needed... One more thing actually." Helen spoke, before continuing; "See if you could get some nimble handed individuals to start folding paper cranes on their off-time. I think it would do well for the morale of your other self to see the gesture when we find her, and, it just may bring us some luck. I'll keep in touch Shosho, Shosa Klein, out."

Code:
Text Message - Further Material Requests - Wishlist Format

-Need-

Space Heaters

Cold Weather Outfits

Mobile Spanner Drone

Type 29 V-Type Rations

Resupply of ammunition for currently deployed armors

Replacement components for currently deployed armors (AIES-linked diagnostic read-outs attached)

-Want-

Type 29 B-Type Ration Box

Emitter modules to construct a wind-breaking and safety perimeter forcefield

A communications relay antenna and comm system

Daisy Flight Pack

-Would Be Nice-

An engineering team, an aether generator, and a Type 31 Anti-Armor Turret, to be set up in the event of the NMX returning.

Star Army V9 "Nodachi" Assault Fighter x2 - We need faster in-atmosphere flight and better sensor coverage, Shosho, but I realise these would be hard to scrounge up.

As Bors watched Ramiro take off towards their new objective he thought to himself I really need to put in for a suit when i get a chance and readied himself for the long trek up the mountain. As he was about to make his first step he heard a Akami's voice from behind him offering to carry him which caused him to stop mid stride and turn to look at her and said "If your fine with it go ahead, beats the hell outa scaling this damn mountain"

Alpha Team

"Alright then, please excuse me," said Akemi as she picked him up. She was pleased to see he didn't seem bothered by the notion of being carried by her. It made a lot of sense to accept it given the only other alternative, but she reasoned it could still possibly hurt his pride or make him feel awkward. "Feel to hold onto me if you so desire," she said as she began to move onward.

Alpha Team

Reika finally managed to catch up with Alpha team, landing next to Akemi and Riko in time to see Ramiro take flight into the sky. After confirming that Akemi already appeared to have things well in hand with her companion Riko, Reika checked back in with Helen via comms to confirm her present status and that she'd joined up with Alpha team as per her instructions.

"Helen-Shosa -- Reika here. It took a while, but I've managed to meet up with most of team Alpha."

The operative then reactivated her armors flight systems and moved after Ramiro and the others, following them towards the encampment.

Engineering

Cherry took a moment to survey the engineering main space and decide what she wanted to work first. The worst of the damage was the power board, so she would return to that. She pulled the panels back off and took stock of what needed to be replaced. Taking stock the worst items, she crossed back over to the Fabrication area. She queued up a series of switches, induction coils, breakers, and cables to be produced.

While the system was working she returned to Engineering and started the process of removing the burnt and damaged items from the power distribution board. She could smell the scent of some of the surviving control items over heating. She crossed over to the main board and backed the generator off some and decreased the power going through the internal lighting, and reduced internal gravity to .8G to reduce the load.

Satisfied that she avoided another burn out, she returned to the task of removing all the damaged components out of the distribution board. She took the damaged components to fabrication for them to be recycled. And on her return trip brought several of the completed new parts.

Focusing on the primary power grid she installed the new modules and breakers. She then repeated the process until all of the scrap was gone and all the modules were installed. She then set about to installing the replacement cables to the junction boxes and the appropriate breakers and switches.

Once she completed the task she started closing the circuits one at a time in sequence and made sure the breakers did not throw. She did not bother trying to close the circuit to the main cannon. Only after all the new parts passed the 'smoke' check she put the panels back on the distribution board.

She settled into the chair at the main space console and cycled the generators up to full load to test them. They were functional but could stand some work, she backed them down to 80%.

"Engineering to Hanako-Shosho. The power distribution grid is repaired as well as we can out here. Primary power is restored to all systems except for the main cannon which is dead.

Going to take a few minutes break to get something to drink. Then I am going to work on the generator cooling systems. Cherry out." the red haired neko sent over the intercom. She stood up and made her way to the nearest restroom, to freshen up a bit before getting something to drink.

Alpha Team

Assuming Ramiro allowed his response to Misato to be heard by his subordinates, Akemi responded to her question since he was unable to give an ideal answer. "I don't know if everyone else did, but I received a single bottle of YE 32 Sakura Blush Wine." She sent her message intending for it to only be heard by Misato and the rest of her team.

Akemi privately messaged Reika as they went. "Hello Tachihara-hei. Thank you for coming to check up on us. May I ask how you and your team have been faring?" She did not want to openly be seen as fraternizing during a mission regardless of whether or not others would mind. She only spoke to the SAINT operative because she wished to be polite.

"Glad to see you caught up with us, Tachihara-Hei," smiled Konoka as she flew, following her team towards the mountain base. "Akemi-Hei, are you sure you can handle Riko-Hei with your injuries? I wouldn't want you to make it more difficult on yourself to heal."

She then transmitted to Misato, "Miyazawa-Hei to Suzume-Hei. We got wine. I'm not a squid, I promise. I'd like you to tell me if you need medical attention, please."

Konoka began to wonder if Beta Team had suffered any serious injuries, and since Hakujou was absent, if she'd have to treat them.

Assuming all of them got up the mountain in one piece, of course. Which would certainly be a feat, knowing this crew! Konoka sighed to herself. Missions these days, it seemed, were made for worry.

Beta Team

Flying around in a continuous circle was starting to annoy Tomomi immensely. A few times some dropped immediately below to the ground to pick up some rocks, returned to where she was, and proceeding throwing rocks towards the plant life before she resumed the sensor sweeps. So when she received the message to head to the encampment she was all to happy.

Stopping to gather the coordinates of the transmission's origin, she proceeded to continue her pings and scans for the Hanako copy in the direction of the camp.

Base Camp

After a while, the Eucharis' T7 shuttle Telemachus returned and set down on the flattest surface available near the icy base camp. As the rear door opened, Victory stood dressed in her black frock coat and blue hat worn over an AMES bodysuit. The hat immediately was blown off her head and she had to scramble to retrieve it and put iit back on her head with the chin strap in place. She looked around to see who could help unload, but the base camp seemed to be mostly vacant so far.

Inside the shuttle, there were a variety of items:

10 Sets of Mindy Power Armor (new)
20 Cold Weather Outfits (Viking-style, made of leather and fur)
A Mobile Spanner Drone
100 Type 29 Rations (V type)
Replacement ammunition for all the team's weapons
A Nepleslian Military Survival Kit
35 Blankets
Insulated quilted liners for the CRDM modules
A communications outpost
A comfort module (microwave, minifridge, and coffee maker)

Base Camp

Having safely made it up the mountain and spotted the barracks, Akemi went to it, entered it and stood Riko up. She then got out of her power armor while projecting a hologram of the bodysuit uniform within its buttpack that she was about to change into to conceal her nakedness. After donning it she put on the AMES suit she had also brought with her and joined Victory at the Telemachus to help her unload its cargo. "Hello Victory-hei. I'm glad I get to help you again so soon. You were awful cute chasing your hat a moment ago." While off in the distance and hidden by the effects of the weather, she had seen the incident happen as she approached. She had thought about keeping quiet, but she couldn't resist telling her.

Bors turned to thank Akemi for the lift but soon realized she was changing I'll thank her later He thought before he turned and went out the door he just came in. Seeing the T7 shuttle Bors went over to help unload its cargo and paid close attention to the Nepleslian Military Survival Kit Have to remember where that one goes so i can check it out later he thought as he started to move the T7's cargo into the barracks.

Beta Team, Camp

Takeyu landed just on the edge of the camp, he took a look around and placed his hand on his shoulder aromr. For some reason he was feeling a cramp in his shoulder, and right now, it was hurting. "Aughs," he groaned in protest before making his way into camp.

He caught sight of Victory-hei and the others just out of the corner of his eye. However, when he saw the power armors inside, and noticed an absence of a module to STORE them in.

"Shoi to Shosa, ma'am, we have ten mindy power armors but no place to store them. Can you please put in a request for a Ke-P1-15a and also to bring down a Ke-P1-01a to be used as a storage area."

After sending his concern, he started recording the items that Victory-hei had brought along, he also unshouldered his rifle again to keep watch of the perimeter while he did his work.

Alpha Team

Reika responded to Akemi in kind, via telepathy. "The rest of Beta team was still mostly whole last time I checked -- a little singed after an all to close encounter with an Aether bomb, though." Reika shuddered softly in remembrance of how close the team came to being vaporized.

"If not for some last minute teleporting we'd probably be dead and gone."

Base Camp

When the Neko finally landed in the camp she proceeded to the barracks along with Akemi, stripped over her Daisy and changed clothes into the SAINT Operative Field Suit contained within her armors butt-pack. Reika then spent a few minutes examining the armor -- checking it for signs of wear and tear -- before proceeding to join the others in off-loading the Telemachus and getting its cargo properly stowed away in the barracks.

Base Camp

"We too nearly got hit by an aether bomb, but we had more time to avoid it so we didn't need to teleport," Akemi replied using the same method.

Planet-H Base Encampment

When the shuttle arrived with supplies, Helen was quick to step back out of the barracks to help unload, as she walked in with the first batch of supplies, she passed Reika before shaking her head softly; "Reika, you'll freeze to death, literally, if you go out like that." she warned, "Its either dress in layers or a power armor out there." she stated, before popping back outside.

Once outside of the barracks building again, she was confronted with the issue about the armors and storage. "Takeyu, lay them down in the beds in the barracks. Bottom bunks. Armors that are getting cycled out for the new ones can go under the beds." Helen explained, putting her head around the most practical solution she could think of as she further added; "That makes the 15a moot, but the 01a will be useful." Helen spoke, as she sent the message requesting the Ke-P1-01a along to the Eucharis in a text.

Helen then began to quickly evaluate a to-do list for the team. "Takeyu, once those armors are laid out on the beds, I want you to get to setting up that communications building along with Tomomi and get her to set up an encrypted comm-frequency for our search party, then get around to patching up the damaged armor." she ordered, before moving on to the next assignments; "Alpha Team, get into the barracks as soon as we're done unloading. Get the CRDM insulation set up, and the comfort module, then get out of your armors and take a down-time shift. I will be with you shortly to check on your physical conditions." She figured that Alpha Team could use the down-time first, due to their rather intense contact with the enemy.

"Reika..." Helen started, speaking over telepathy since she was not in her armor. "I want you to work with Tomomi in the communications building. Once connected with the Eucharis, get some topographical data and figure out some most-likely locations where someone with the training available at the time of Taisa Hanako becoming MIA would find shelter. Work up a probability list, we'll form a search pattern off of that."

While speaking telepathically, the Shosa went about checking the contents of one of the boxes she was unloading, looking upon the cold-weather attire that was sent, she gained a sense of bewilderment before shouting over the wind to Victory. "Fur and leather? What is this? YE 14?" she said, in a casual tone, amused by the attire that seemed rather nostalgic to the earlier days of the Empire's rather nordic roots. In truth, she was rather sure she owned a set of clothes made of fur and leather when she was sixteen, but certainly a bit more fashionable.

As she got over her nostalgia, Helen carried the box of cold weather gear inside, before she would go about claiming a bunk as her own, where she went about climbing out of her Kylie. "Helen to Shosho, first batch of supplies received. We appreciate the timely arrival. Beta Team will be ready to resume search procedures in about two-hours. We need a short down-time to confirm physical needs are met, and to set up a search strategy. Speaking of strategies, Shosho, if you were MIA on a planet, uncertain of when you'd be found... what do you think you would have done? What should we expect from the Taisa Hanako?"

Alpha Team

Konoka flew faster to catch up to Akemi and Reika and get to the base.

Base Camp

After Konoka arrived at the base an got herself in uniform, she went to where the others were unloading the Telemachus."How can I help?" she smiled....her favorite question.

Alpha Team

Ramiro was halfway up the mountain when he realized that he had never heard back from Misato. Shaking his head, he looked back behind him. He didn't want to openly transmit the coordinates for the encampment, but didn't want to leave any of his team stranded out in the wilderness.

"Suzume-Hei. Continue towards the direction of this communication. Contact me when you reach the following coordinates." Ramiro had is AIES transmit coordinates to Misato that would lead her about a quarter mile away from the mountain, at which point he would update her with a proper location. Ramiro then proceeded to fly his way up the rest of the mountain.

Base Encampment

As Ramiro landed he immediately sought out Helen. Once he found her, he made his way over and bowed. "Shosa, do you have any updates on our orders? We were instructed to wait for you to find the Taisa version of Hanako and then create a distraction, however given the change of circumstances I feel it may be best for Alpha Team to aid your search."

Base Camp

Akemi looked to Konoka while holding a box. "Well we're just about finished unloading everything into the barracks, so you can grab what's left and then we can set up the insulation for it together." She then brought her load in and did as Helen had ordered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back