• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 15] Gifted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 15.1] Gifted

Encampment

Ramiro bowed to Helen and jogged towards the west end of the encampment. As he did, he sent a low-encryption communication to the rest of his team. "Alpha Team, unless you are the two that have been ordered to stay behind, meet at the west end of our encampment immediately."

When he arrived as the west side, Ramiro knelt down and awaited his team. Once they arrived, he informed them of the plan. "So here's the plan, we're going to ascend into low orbit and use the advantage of low gravity to quickly get to zone one. Once we are there we will begin a search pattern, emitting comm-pings. I will determine our search pattern en route."

Bridge

With the Eucharis moving away from the planet Sune switched the sensors from planetary to stellar operation. He monitored them for any indication of FTL transit to the system. He logged a service note in the Engineering queue to have the Ks-MIES-E3013, Ks-MIES-E3022 checked once they were out of here. It was obviously not working properly since the scout was able to approach the star system undetected, and was not running stealth when it emerged. With the systems set to alert if anything changed; he turned towards Hanako.

"Shosho, what will become of the other Hanako once we rescue her?" he inquired.

Base Camp
"You're welcome, Riko-Hei," said Konoka. "It seems you're supposed to stay behind with Akemi-Hei. I, on the other hand, gotta fly!"

She turned and sped off, following Ramiro to the west end of the encampment.
West End of Encampment
Konoka aknowledged Ramiro's orders with a nod. "Let's start ascending, then," she agreed eagerly. Hanako Two-hime needs our help, the sooner the better! she thought. I wonder if she'll need medicine.

Camp

Takeyu exited the comm. building, having just helped finish setting up the equipment with Tomomi and glancing up at the sky aftwards. He had heard her new orders, about them going into a search pattern for two zones and looked at his armor.

"Don't worry girl, I'll service ya when we get back," he said with his comm channel closed so no one would get the wrong impression.

Then, glancing over at Helen, he said. "Ready whenever you are Shosa," and waited to see what the next course of business was.

"Hold up for Suzuke-Hei," Ramiro responded to Konoka. "No soldier gets left behind, and we don't want to arrive and find ourselves one person short for searching a whole continent."

Ramiro glanced behind him to check if he could see Suzuke approaching. Shaking his head at the amount of time it was taking her, he returned his haze forward over the edge of the mountain.

Base Camp - Communications Center

"Sir, I humbly suggest that you leave without Suzume-hei to save time and allow her to get more rest. When I finish modifying Klein Shosa's suit for Bors-hei, I could wake her up and she could search Zone One with us. As you know, Zone One contains slightly more land mass than Zone Two so I don't think having one less person with you will make our overall progress slower."

Ramiro paused to consider what Akemi said before sending a communication back. "You're probably right. Notify the Shosa of the change, and inform me the moment you guys leave." He then turned his head and gave a nod to Konoka before shooting towards the sky.

Once he was at the desired low-orbit altitude, he began moving towards Zone Two and sent a communication to Konoka. "So here's the plan, we'll both start at opposite corners of southern side of Zone Two. You take the south-west corner, I'll take the south-east. From there we will both send comm pings as we move towards each other. When we meet up we move up 1/5 the distance to the top of Zone Two and then move away from each other, before moving vertically another 1/5, and repeating that zig-zag pattern. You understand?"

Base Camp - Communications Center

"Yes sir," Akemi replied. She then contacted Helen. "Ma'am, Valencia-Juni told me to notify you that Suzume-hei will be staying behind with Bors-hei and I to further recover and will be searching Zone One with us. I suggested this so that he would not need to wait for her to depart since she is apparently still out of it and because Zone One has slightly more land mass to search."

Planet H - Encampment

"Alpha Team, I had planned for Suzume to remain behind. Someone has to man the encampment and serve as a middle-person." Helen replied, giving her go-ahead to the concept. She then directed her attention to Takeyu. "Get Reika and get going Takeyu, Tomomi and I will be heading out as well." With that, she gestured to Takeyu in the direction he was supposed to be going on take-off. With the order given, Helen strode to Tomomi before speaking; "Ready to go?" she asked, wanting to be entirely sure that they were not going to end up leaving unprepared.

"Got it," Konoka communicated. "Let's get going." Without further adieu, she sped off south-west, scanning for the elusive clone princess. I'm worried about Hime-ni, Konoka thought. She's all by herself out here. No matter what, I have to find and help her.

("Hime-ni" = "Princess - Two" - because Hanako is a Ketsurui princess, and this is her clone)

Planet H - Encampment

Reika, upon receiving the instructions sent by Helen proceeded to re-equip her armor where she left it. Once suited up the operative vacated the building and moved to Helen's location. There she saw that Takeyu was already present, having left the communications building where she last contacted him.

"I'm all set, ma'am -- sorry for the wait." The Neko hefted her weapon and fell in next to Takeyu. She turned her gaze to the engineer and spoke in a soft voice. "Zone 5 wasn't it? At least it's not that far. Still, we'd better get started now or the NMX will arrive whilst we're all scattered across the planet searching..."

Base Camp

With what felt like an eternity setting up the equipment alone, Tomomi was glad to have the Sho-i's assistance when he came. She bowed silently after he left and went around the room double checking each piece of equipment. She finished just in time before Helen required the use of the equipment.

She sighed as she realized there wasn't a chair in the module. If she was going to play commo she needed that at least. She simply shrugged in defeat once she logged her mental protested silently and monitored the frequency she scanned for all of the away team to use.

The Barracks

The first bit of reality that hit her was the pain in her head, followed quickly by her leg hurting. She slowly opened her eyes. Masato panned her eyes around without moving her head, taking in where she might be. She remembered the explosion and her PA being knock out, but the rest was quite foggy.as far as she could tell she was in a temporary barracks. She tried to move her left arm but there was a heavy weight preventing it from moving, same with the rest of her. She slowly lifted her head to look down to her body. It hurt a lot and the world swam a little. She saw that she was still in her Mindy, so she tried to lift her left arm again, this time with more force a managed to lift it. After going over the rest of her limbs, and finding only her left leg hurt to move she fought to sit up and swing her legs off the cot she was on.

Sitting up she was able to see the area better and saw fresh suits, She noticed that Bors was here working on getting into a set of armor.
“Hello Bors, how long have I been out and what has been happening?” she asked, as she tried to stand up. It hurt but at least she was vertical. The first order of business was to get out of the damaged suit and into a new one. She started slowly removing herself from the suit.

Approaching Zone Two

As Ramiro approached Zone Two, he began descent approach back into the atmosphere. When his descent was about halfway finished, he sent a communication to Konoka. "Alright, take your post at the specified zone corner and begin the search pattern." As he said this, he adjusted his trajectory to the south-east corner of the zone and increased his speed.

Zone Two

When Ramiro reached the south-east corner of Zone Two, he paused a couple minutes to allow Konoka to get in place before moving horizontally on the search pattern that he had laid out for the two of them. As he moved, he sent IFF pings as well as long-range, low-encryption radio communications that simply stated, "This is the Star Army of Yamatai, please respond."

Camp

"At least being shattered would mean they'd have to dedicate more resources to finding us," commented Takeyu as he engaged his armor's systems and levitated off the ground. "Alright, let's get going, becareful and keep an eye out for NMX, find any - report in," he then blasted off in the direction Helen told them to go, engaging his suits sensors and listening for communication pings and returns.

Konoka commenced the search as she had been instructed. As she flew, she sent IFF pings and a long-range, low-encryption communication, saying, "This is the Star Army of Yamatai. Please respond. Do you require medical attention?"

I hope we find Himeni soon, Konoka thought. I don't know how anyone could survive all alone out here.

Barracks
"Ah she’s awake" Bors said in a mildly amused tone as he noticed Masato getting to her feet, "you were out for a bit, but you didn't miss anything important really, the others just left a little bit ago to search for our target again." As she started changing Bors turned so his back was to her to give her privacy and begain to get his own jacket back on. "I'm headed outside for a minute if you need me for anything" He said as he put on a set of cold weather gear and walked out the door quickly shutting it behind him. Now to find that Akemi to see if she needs any help with that armor. Bors thought as he walked into the communications center.

Camp - Communications Center

As Bors entered the building Akemi turned off her welding laser, raised her face mask and looked to him. "I'll be finished soon. Please just relax and wait. Also, please notify Suzume-hei that she will be staying to man this facility if you haven't already."

Bridge

While he waited for an answer, Sune monitored the sensors. Looking for anything that would give them advanced warning of any forces threatening to enter the system. He also did his best to track the away team activity as possible from the gunship as it moved away from the planet.

Space

As recommended by Helen, the Eucharis and her sister ships blinked out of sight in flashes of shimmering teal light once they were in open space. The idea was to make the star system look less interesting. However, the NMX scout was still suspicious and moved in closer to the planet to investigate. It decided to enter the system's Hill sphere and get in orbit above Planet H, listening for communications signals or other signs of remaining Star Army presence.

Planet Surface

In Zone 2, near a flowing stream, Ramiro happened to see what appeared to be a garden of red, fruiting plants. Half of the planet had their fruits and the other seemed to have been harvested. There were also an unusual number of tree stumps in the area and some stacks of stones that caught his eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back