Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Mission 16: Sosei Suru

Blizzard

Well-Known Member
YSS Kaiyo II
Bridge


"Copy all. Kaiyo moving to rendezvous." Said the helmswoman in a steady voice as the adrenaline began to wear off. God damn, she loved her job!

Gravity glanced over at Chlorate and sighed quietly. The girl was upset. About what? Unknown. But having her off her game like that was dangerous. Cookies were in order. Maybe a glass of milk as well.

But that was for another time. Gravity returned her gaze to the station in the distance and did some pilot-math before announcing over the comms:

"ETA: forty seconds."
 

Charaa

Well-Known Member
Location 5

Kiyo watched the activity around her, and especially the bomb once more before she decided that perhaps she should be leaving at that moment. She knew that once the battle was over, she’ll be back to her normal self and she knew that her emotions would overcome her knowing that she just shot and killed beings that she didn’t know.

Kiyo found herself behind Elenor and she heard the sound yup, she peeked and she could see the damage, It was impressive to be sure, and surprising that something could do that level of damage.
 
Last edited:

raz

SAINT Director
FM of the Kudhacari
Location 1

Following quick farewells to the Leinve and a telepathic acknowledgement of Eden's orders, Aiko made her way back to the cathedral with William and Rei in tow. When they arrived, the myriad of aliens assembled there hung around the rows of seating and around her volumetric likeness projected from the otherwise invisible Kirie armor she'd climbed out of just earlier. The thought to sneak in some alternate entrance and slip back into the mech unnoticed crossed her mind, but only for a fleeting moment. This situation simply didn't call for that degree of delicacy anymore, and doing so would be obviously imprudent, so the princess simply shot a telepathic order of her own to the Kirie as she approached with her entourage and deactivated the kimono'd projection standing there to greet any wayward allies who came along.

"Friends!" Aiko announced as she stepped in hurriedly, her brisk pace not affecting the rigid and regal posture as she slid across the hall's floor, thick black ribbons of black hair hanging just in her wake. Her voice commanded their attention, and the room's eyes made their way to where she'd entered, both meandering and with quickness depending on the species listening. "My people have gained control of this station and are preparing to free you from the Kingdom of Kuvexia!"

She looked at the various aliens that had come here from across the station, examining each in turn. There were more Leinve, the hulking Skrumpo lording over all the others, a grouping of double-eared humanoids with gray skin and red striping, and the Rotarge with their amorphously-bound bodies. A group of diminutive moth-like humanoids with green eyes, three fingers, and short, thick gray fur that was adorned with white and dark blue triagnular markings was also present.

"The Reinbe who aided us in taking the station's control center," Aiko explained, her thick Yamataian accent carrying easily throughout the room, "have decided to make refuge within the Yamatai Star Empire. And while not all of your number were consulted, you can rest assured that the choice to stay with us or go your own way will always be in your hands!

"Please! Make yourselves ready for the journey!" she announced, unsure if any among their number even knew what faster-than-light travel was. "We will be moving this great construct across the starts soon enough!"
 

Ametheliana

Staff Member
Submissions Reviewer
FM of Nepleslia
Game Master
YSS Kaiyō II
Bridge


From her sensors station, Asuka looked over at Chlorate, then spoke to Hoshi over a direct telepathic link, "Good thing I am not picking up any more enemies."

The Chusa slumped in her seat marginally, then focused her eyes on Nerai and spoke.

"Keep it up, Thesilis-heisho."

Station
Location 1


Species like the Skrumpo and Leinve were on a ride of elation as they listened. Some of the former had watched with rapture and joy as the windows near the cloning tank of their pseudo-temple were blown out. It wasn't the all out destruction and demolishment that they were hoping for, but the symbolism of the end of a time of enslavement and the psychological torture of having their cultural icons of the past reborn was not lost on them. They had jumped and cheered while on the path to this Leinve temple and to its grassy side. Now, in the Leinve's place of worship- which was crowded beyond capacity and more than it ever had before, the Skrumpo's excitement did not wane.

The Leinve, who had gone out and spoken as best as they could with species they had lived alongside but not with for so long, waved their arms at the mention of their brethren that was below and at the acknowledgements of their future, filled with freedom. The species beside them soaked in the excitement, attaining a contacted emotion as well as feeling within them a hope that was old, burning, and -to some- surprisingly resilient throughout all they had been through.

Engineering Tunnel

To Kikios, Eden said, "The aliens reported that the location we did not attend turned theirs off and we destroyed the other cloning tanks abilities. Given that, it will be safe to reroute the power now, Leka-hei."

The Leinve continued to direct Kikios despite her question and even reiterated instructions once to be sure she knew what came next.

Eden said a few quick things on lines.

The black haired Nekovalkyrja said, "Good work, Elenor Herrick-hei. That was a very controlled demolition. Its containment speaks of your discipline."

To Alastair, with Nerai looped in, she said, "Belmont-chui, your group of crew is close to the entrance point, I believe you should prepare for extraction there. Leka-hei and I will join you as soon as possible. If there is a problem, I will alert you to ask for backup."
 

SpaceEye

Well-Known Member
Station
Location 1


Alastair got the word he had been waiting for. It was time to head back home to the ship he loved so dearly. "On it Eden, I shall round up the troops promptly." He said in a happy tone. He switched to all comms and gave out orders for the crew to meet up at the designated extraction point. They had a very successful mission with no one getting hurt. Well unless you want to count the Kuvvy but does one count the amount of bugs they smash as they walk? Only when you have to scrape them off your boots. He chucked to himself as he looked to round up the team and head back to the ship.
 
Last edited:

SageShooter

Staff Member
Game Master
Station
Saya had followed the others when they had left the fifth location, silent after she made sure after a double sweep of the room that the aliens they had rescued had all gotten out and away to safety. At the first location, Saya had milled about and helped whoever had needed it, but as the orders came through to return to the ship she was all smiles behind her helmet. She wanted to go home to the familiar corridors of the Kaiyo, where she felt comfortable at now. After she made sure she was far and enough way at the extraction point where she wouldn't hurt any unarmored civilians, she lifted off from the ground and waited to follow the others back to the ship, silently but swaying left and right happily at a successful and safe mission.
 

Noodlewerfer

Well-Known Member
Engineering Tunnel
"Understood," Kikios said, getting to work. With the limiters programmed, she rerouted the power conduits, diverting them to the engines. The winged woman watched her diagnostic tool monitor the conduits to make sure the connection was stable.

YSS Kaiyō II
Bridge

The automaton girl looked around at everyone else on the bridge. She noticed some of the others’ glances, but the oblivious robot didn’t realize the looks on their faces.With her hair still yellow, Chloey wondered if they, and most of all, Hoshi, had seen her minor aiming mistakes.
 

Ametheliana

Staff Member
Submissions Reviewer
FM of Nepleslia
Game Master
Engineering Tunnel

Eden watched the adjustments on the monitor as Kikio's rerouting worked. She looked to the Leinve, who had stowed the electronic communicator and was hurriedly going back the same way that they had entered.

"Time for us to make our leave," Eden said to Kikios as she followed the alien's path and made her way to crew, soon to be disembarking.
 
Top