Star ArmyⓇ

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Mission 16: Sosei Suru

SpaceEye

Well-Known Member
Station
Location 5


Alastair looked to Elenor first then looked over to Klaus. Did they really just request to strap missiles to this tank? A tank they could just reach around to the side and unplug like a normal rational being. His straight face and smile slowly changed into the most evil of evil grins. Lucky for him the crew could not see it through the helm of his mindy else they might think he had gone just a little mad. Though he was mad, completely angry at the fact one of the aliens had to dirty their hands.

He walked over to the tank and slapped the side of it. "Permission granted, though on one condition." He said in a calm cool voice. "Make it five and have our dead kuvvy friend here hugging the fifth." This pleased him to no end to know there would be no coming back for this guy. Alastair was going to make sure not even a cell remained of this filthy animal.
 

Glein

Well-Known Member
Station
Location 5


Giving a nod, Elenor grinned as she slung her rifle off it's strap. "Alright Klaus, let's rig this puppy. We'll go with mister fancy pants for our, figure." She says, walking over to the corpse in question, and dragging it over to hte tank. As soon as Klaus had unloaded the missiles needed, she'd begin carefully cracking them open to access their detonation controls and beginning to re-wire them, setting them up to fire on a remote detonator. She set the detonator to be a signal pulse from her radio kit. "Be very careful rigging these to the tank please. They aren't quite as safe to handle now." She warned as she began setting up the 'rope' to hold the whole affair to the tank.
 

Ametheliana

Sensei
Staff Member
Submissions Reviewer
FM of Nepleslia
FM of the Iromakuanhe
Game Master
Engineering Tunnel

As Eden's small team grouped up, she moved them through the engineering tunnel's entrance and then narrow passageways until they were almost on top of Aiko's group, which outnumbered their own with the addition of the Leinve. Eden signaled for CFS off to the group. The Leinve had been freed moments earlier by the princess' careful work and had grappled with their robes in which their translator was, then put aside the task and gave a graceful motion of the brows as they extended up and out in lieu of words of gratitude that would be said through the device.

When Eden, Kikios, and Wyatt got to the four of them, the Leinve looked over their shoulder as if simply verifying that there was nobody behind them before halting mid-stride, then took a small number of steps forward and put their body between Aiko and the approaching Mindy, though there movement was clunky and not versatile like a trained warrior, so Rei was able to move between them and Aiko quickly enough. They still managed to make eye contact with the princess and wiggle their brows in a feverish, perturbed manner before looking back to Eden's group. the Chusa herself had raised a hand and spoke to Aiko.

"Ketsurui-shoi, you have rapport with this alien. Would you be able to ease their alarm?"

YSS Kaiyō II
Bridge


Hoshi's expression had relaxed into a thin smile. Despite the shots the fighters tried to press past the Kaiyō's shields, she was dodging or deflecting them well while Chlorate showed a prowess Hoshi believed to be unmatched in that seat by anyone else that had sat there. Her bridge crew were showing their capabilities to end a fight where the enemy had found one. Her brow crinkled inward as a lone fighter had narrowly avoided a few rounds directed at its hull, splashing in and out of the fiery wreckage of one of its comrades. It was the only fighter left, but her mind concentrated not on meddling in the pilot and weapon operator's clearheadedness and questioned that of those on the ground.

She spoke into Belmont-chui's comms, tying in Eden, "Remember that these are places of worship to those you just saved. If there is a non-destructive method to decommissioning that tank, choose that over one that eliminates a place of cultural significance to an entire alien species."
 

SpaceEye

Well-Known Member
Station
Location 5


Alastair was grinning ear to ear as he watched the crew set the stage. This would be something they would be remembered by. A clear message to the kuvvy scum not to mess with Yam else you will be purged!

His grin slowly changed into a frown as he heard Hoshi over the comm channel. A personal reminder that he was to be mindful to the fact the locations they stood were places of worship to the aliens. This both confused and angered him as this was nothing but a mirage. A false temple designed to pull the aliens into a false sense of loyalty to the Kuvexians overlords. This place had no more cultural significance than a random rock. He wanted nothing more than to reply back to Hoshi and say how much a coward she was not being able to cleanse this shrine.

Just as he was about to reply back to Hoshi and Eden he remembered the look of the aliens. It was one of relief when they had been saved by the crew. This quickly changed to hatred that ended with a kuvvy remodeling the room with his brains. While this place was a falsehood, it was still home to them. A home he missed back on the compound where he would find comfort among friends. Enough damage had already been done by the Kuvexian trash. They had left enough filth in this holy site.

"Elenor, find another means to disable the tank. While I want nothing more than to purge this place. We own it to our new alien friends to keep it intact. Klaus, find a way to clean off that kuvvy guts. Just try and not burn down the place in the process."

The grin returned to Alastair as he picture the kuvvy being purged by fire. He looked forward to a mission where he would set ablaze an entire station or ship.
 

Glein

Well-Known Member
Station
Location 5


Pausing as she was given the order to stop, she turned her head very slowly, the worry somehow managing to be etched onto her helmet's blank faceplate. "Are you positive sir? I can't exactly just flip a switch and render these inert now. And the way I rigged them, the slightest accidental jolt will set them off. And I didn't bring my demo kit to disarm explosives with me." She explained, handling the warheads like they were very likely about to jump up and start biting at people. Which, if they were mishandled, they would do and much worse.

One of the good things about Ranger training - they could use pretty basic tools to rig a demo charge. The other bit of good news, they were trained in basic EOD to reverse their own charges, but that needed a toolkit designed for it. Which was the bad news. Which meant that Elenor was now handling 5 very dangerous tubes of explosive power in her arms as she looked at squad leader.
 
  • Like
Reactions: raz

SpaceEye

Well-Known Member
Station
Location 5


As first Alastair thought that she was joking. He had just given the order to rig the missiles. Yet there she stood holding five fully armed missiles in her arms like a mother holding her baby. Only it would not be poop the crew ha to clean up but a room filled with them. He thought to himself how yet again the Kuvexian even when dead cause trouble for him and the crew.

"Don't panic, we can fix this. I am an expert at coming up with plans." He said calmly yet his face told a different story. He reached into his cargo pack and started to pull out what was inside. First came out a bunch of cuffs. Followed by sporks, Flip-Flops and other prisoner related items. Lastly he pulled out a tracking bracelet and showed it to Elenor. "Think we can use this to make a timer trigger?" He asked in a serious tone. "If we can rig to a timer it will buy us time to eject them out into space."
 
  • Like
Reactions: raz

Charaa

Well-Known Member
Station
Location 5


Kiyo’s eyes turned slightly after downing another of her targets, her HuD picked up Saya’s movements, a small part of her allowed to be emotional, and worried for her friend, she loved that girl and hoped she can get through this without something bad happen to her. She knew that as medic Saya would have her ST updated that she wouldn’t have to worry about introducing herself to her. Her HUD picked up Alastair’s movement and his interaction with the Kuvy. She understood his feelings, pre-battle mode Kiyo had heard about what the Kuvexians were doing and she felt saddened and angered that innocents were getting hurt simply because someone has issues, but battle mode Kiyo didn’t care, and she turned away without comment, verbal or otherwise as she proceeded forward again.

The activity around Alastair caught her attention, where she noted the death of the Kuvexian, the head exploding would cause a reaction later, now she had her duty to do, and as she moved on she heard Klaus’s reaction before she followed the others she was given.

She turned her head to Elenor as she spoke to Klaus and blinked her eyes before she understood what she wanted to do. Seemed like an interesting idea to the blue-skinned Neko and thought maybe she should stay close to watch and see what happens. Alastair’s words surprised her, but she watched Elenor. But of course their Captain had to remind them of the cultural significance and she wondered how her comrades felt about that.

She looked to the explosives but remained still since she didn’t have the skill to unrig them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: raz

raz

A Princess of Yamatai
Site Supporter
FM of the Kudhacari
Engineering Tunnel

"Fear not, noble Reinbe," Aiko said when Eden's group approached and the new alien friends showed off their defiant stance in the face of the reinforcing Yamataians. She took her own step forward and stood beside the Leinve liaison so that he could see her face as she spoke to him. "This is a great leader from my peoples' Star Empire and she is here to assist us moving forward."

The princess turned to Eden and gave a slight bow, preferring it to a salute even though they were in a technical combat zone as to enhance the Leinve's edification regarding Yamataian customs and gestures. Were this not a diplomatic situation, Aiko would be incensed by the constant interruptions that blocked her from her objective. But she knew her job and duty today, and stuffed those feelings away from her steely surface.

"Chusa," she said with a nod before looking back to the Leinve.

"Please, let us continue toward the freedom of your people and the others trapped here," the princess urged, though her voice remained steady and stern. "We must make it to the station's engineering area quickly!"
 

Ametheliana

Sensei
Staff Member
Submissions Reviewer
FM of Nepleslia
FM of the Iromakuanhe
Game Master
Station
Location 5


An alien pulled away from their group, pushing towards the Kaiyō personnel, while keeping a keen eye on the explosives and also their distance from the Mindy-clad and dangerous-looking Yamataians. Their spindly fingers were interlaced over their sagging, lowermost mammary glands before they held out their hands, which were widespread and almost flamboyant as their fingers splayed.

"Poofsh," they said slowly as they fingers fell downwards, then lifted both hands to point to what Elenor held, then looked around. Spinning to look behind them and up, then at the tank, they pointed once more to the tank, then to the windows and to the walls of location 5. "Poofsh!" They said again, hands raised a bit more and a bit louder now to show their excitement. Teal fangs showed behind a near-lipless smile while their hunched posture and widened yellow pupils within blue eyes showed a concern. "Bo-..." The alien said slowly while gesturing in a similar fashion as before. "Boowoom!" They fol

A few bright aliens had become enraptured by the alien, watching, then when the alien was done, they snapped their thumbs clapped against the rest of their fingers on either hand and they spoke a strange, clicking dialect that utilized vowel sounds while looking to one another. Those that agreed looked about at one another before looking to those that had not been watching and poked or prodded their fellow alien species to speak in the vowel-heavy and click-laden language. Those shaken to look at the standing, watchful alien were quiet in anticipation to see the next move from the armored individuals that had come to change their way of life.

Engineering Tunnel

The Leinve looked less than assured for a moment as they stared at Eden, then Aiko's words pushed past their fear and they turned to her while their brows did two nod-like gestures, bobbing up and down. Eden pushed on with her team when the Leinve had done so, and the group, Leinve, samurai, and Star Army personnel alike, moved deeper into engineering.

On the way, Eden explained herself through a voice comm to those who could hear over their Mindy units and telepathy.

"There is no way this station can defend itself against an attempt by Kuvexians. The thing about it that can be its own saving measure, though, is the utility of this class of station. They are not meant to be lived in, worshipped in, as this one is used for. Rather, this is a cargo station. It may seem odd to us, but it is small enough to move at FTL speeds with little prep time and for extended periods. Its conversion to what it is now didn't come without detriment to that ability. Leka-hei, rerouting power from their cloning power conduits to the engines will be necessary, as well as making sure that transfer is going to be stable for a few months. The ultimate goal is for this station to be allowed to flee. To freedom.

"Ketsurui-shoi, if this alien you are with is able, they will need to make the decision where they go. Where this station reaches harbor isn't up to us, but them. But you know as well as I do that Yamataian space will provide them with protection and aid in incalculable measures."
 

Glein

Well-Known Member
Station
Location 5


Elenor was about to explain to Belmont-chui that she had already set a remote detonator, when one of the people they'd come to help came up, and began gesturing and making the sounds they were making. It looked to her, kind of like they were saying to get it outside then blow up the tank. But that was mainly her read on the actions of the being. Of course, the fact that most of them seemed to agree with this idea, was interesting. Changing her comm settings to keep her words only to the team net, she returned her gaze to Alastair. "I've set them to a remote detonator, with one of our unused channels as the triggering method. I'm not against setting up a redundancy, I didn't have anything to rig one myself, just letting you know what has been set up, Sir." She said, letting Alastair make the final decision now.
 

SageShooter

Well-Known Member
Station
Location 5


Saya watched as Wyatt followed off with Eden and bit her lip for a moment before she sent him a private message

"Please be careful. Come back safe."

It was short and sent only to him, but she didn't want to distract him too much. Instead, she had something at her location to distract her with worry, mainly in the form of several bombs the team was about to set up. Saya found her hands on her head with eyes wide in concern as she began to bounce back and forth on her feet in worry. She had been about to say something before Alastair thankfully thought better of his idea and decided to change it. She had small flashbacks of the start of their incursion into the base and the last tank she had been around to be destroyed, and the injured alien she had to more or less bring back to life.

Then the alien came forward and began to make motions with their hands, all too like the aliens from the first location. She took a few steps forward after she had checked over the other aliens and made sure there was nothing wrong with them outside of some bumps and bruises and waited beside Alastair and Elenor. She was bottom of the rung in terms of rank on this mission so it certainly wasn't her place to speak, but she was curious about the hand motions and had already started to wrack her brain over what they meant.
 

Wolf626

Well-Known Member
Station
Location 5


It was careful work unloading each of the five missiles and help Herrick-hei rig them all together, especially the added load of a dead body. But in the end they managed to do it. Klaus felt pride in his achievement.

So it was only natural that the universe would bring it down on his head. It was a foolish oversight on Klaus's part that this was a holy place for the locals. And that it would not be for the best to begin relations with ruined churches.

"Ohhhhh, bollocks. We better find a way to deal with this," said Klaus as he gestured towards the bomb/funeral explosive they had created. Seeing one the aliens approaching, Klaus paused and listened.

Klaus was no expert, but it seemed as long as they didn't destroy the place, they were free to blast the kuvexian away. Seeing this, Klaus decided he liked these people. Flashing the one that gestured a thumbs-up, he turned to Belmont-chui.

"Looks to me, like they're ok with blasting this sucker outside this location sir."
 

SpaceEye

Well-Known Member
Station
Location 5


Alastair looked across at his team. He then looked over to the alien race who acted very excited. He had to make the right call on this. Granted every call he made was the right call as he ran by the numbers. Never one to do anything that would be in violation of any rule. This location was unclean and required to be shut down and purged.

"Alright team, you heard the aliens. Lets Boowoom this place into next week. I will leave it up between yourselves to decide on who gets to push the button." He then walked over, head held high, to where the aliens stood. "Come, let us be off to a safe location." He said in a calm voice to them as he reached his arm out to point towards the exit.
 

Noodlewerfer

Well-Known Member
Engineering Tunnel
The crested engineer nodded in her Mindy. "Understood, Chusa. Where are the power conduits located, and, is there anything that must be done before rerouting the power?" The tall winged woman knew how to reroute the power in a Yamataian ship or a ship of similar design, however, this station was foreign to her and could have a different power system.

YSS Kaiyō II
Bridge

The mechanical weapons operator squinted and looked at the lone escaping fighter, confused as to how it had managed to avoid her fire. Seeing it was enough to (metaphorically) throw a tiny wrench in her gears, making her doubt herself. She made a worried error beep. Was she doing something wrong? Was she glitching? Was she broken? Did she need to be fixed?! Coupled with her adoptive father recently leaving, she couldn't maintain a perfect aim anymore. She aimed all the quad anti-mecha turrets at the lone fighter, and while her shots were still accurate, it could just barely be seen in their firing pattern that her aim was slightly less than perfect. Immediately noticing the minuscule margin of error, Chlorate would've sweated, but her inability to prevented her from doing so. It was not right. She wasn't supposed to be close to perfect, she was supposed to be perfect. To anyone else, her aim would still seem good, but to her, it was all wrong. She was a robot, this wasn't supposed to happen! Her hair turned yellow out of worry that something might be wrong with her.
 

raz

A Princess of Yamatai
Site Supporter
FM of the Kudhacari
Engineering Tunnel

Aiko took Eden's telepathic question and relayed it to the Leinve without delay. She repeated the Chusa's words with the appropriate fidelity despite wanting to simply tell the alien that they were now subjects of Yamatai, wistful to the fact that she couldn't simply conquer new friends for the Empire like in the stories she'd read about Yui and Irim and all of the other Neko whose efforts made their nation what it was today.

"There are certain rights that your people will be afforded if you choose to make refuge in Yamatai," Aiko added after explaining Eden's choice for the aliens as the now-hefty group made its way down the narrow tunnel to engineering. "All of the details there can be reviewed later, and you will have unlimited time to decide whether or not to remain in contact with our empire while having access to our historical records of the galaxy and life as we know it. And obviously, you will be protected during your time associated with Yamatai. Shall you come with us, then, or will your people make their destinies elsewhere in the galaxy?"
 

Ametheliana

Sensei
Staff Member
Submissions Reviewer
FM of Nepleslia
FM of the Iromakuanhe
Game Master
YSS Kaiyō II
Bridge


The Chusa opened her mouth to speak out to the pilot, ready to ask for the main weapon to be used to take out a simple and lone fighter. Chlorate's aim was less than the captain was used to, but she closed her mouth after a long sigh after she saw that even Chlorate's less than optimal was still enough to down the small craft, surely and finally.

"Good work," Hoshi said simply. "Thesilis-heisho, it looks like the crew will be needing an extraction in the coming minutes. Work with Gravity and the team leads to make that happen. Gravity-heisho, the station will be moving of its own volition for Yamataian space, but the Kaiyō will act as her sister ship for the next 48 hours in order to make sure the station will not be outright attacked immediately. A quarter of the way through that two day period, we should be off Condition One. If you need Deio-hei or myself on the bridge or to take your place at helm in that time, let one of us know. Otherwise, I want to be sure this was not done for nothing."

The Chusa looked around, her calculated expression softening slightly as she said, "It is nice to have done the best you could under circumstances and to have your best be enough. That fortune is not one always bestowed in wartime." Her eyes settled on Chlorate, "But when it is, I am thankful."

Station
Location 1


More and more alien species were beginning to gather at the location of the Leinve's pseudo-worship.

Engineering Tunnel


Eden watched as the Leinve listened intently to Aiko. The Shoi had ended speaking by the time they got to the engineering room's entrance, their hazel eyes were clouded with thoughts as the Leinve tasked themselves with opening the door methodically, then, the Leinve paused and looked to Aiko, then Eden, Wyatt, Kikios, and Aiko's pair of bodyguards one by one. Finally, looking back to Aiko, the Leinve held their brows at a solid line, parallel to the line of their mouth, which moved to open as if laughing as their brows loosed their straightened trait and they dug in their robes for the electronic device. They spoke through it.

"We will go to your Empire. The places of my people and those that are on this station are not the safe homeworlds they once were to all of us. Maybe one day, we can go back to them. But, for now, we will need your Empire's refuge."

Eden nodded tersely, then spoke in Trade over speakers, "Aliens are gathering at your location of worship. Ketsurui Aiko-shoi will need to speak to them about this decision and the decisions going forward. My team and I need you to deduce how to work the engines best. Will you help us while she does her duty on the station's ground level?"

The Leinve smiled more widely, a forlorn but understanding smile, while moving their brows up and down to Aiko.

They said over the device, "I will forever remember you and what you have brought to all on. Thank you."

Eden nodded to Aiko, sending her an order to her Nekovalkyrja mind to follow through with what Eden had told the alien the princess would be doing.

The Chusa asked the Leinve, "Where are the power conduits located?" The alien moved their brows before moving their feet and sauntered into the engine room, giving Aiko a short wiggle of their leafy brows before doing so. Eden turned to the engineer, giving her answer, "The alien will show us the power conduits. I would assume that a limiter would need to be reprogramed or added before the transfer."

Location 5

"Heh, hu," laughed the horned alien that had been talking to the crew. He looked around, pointing to a group of beams, then to a statue that resembled his own kind that was in an alcove, then with both hands, spread them around to indicate the whole ceiling and said, "Buh-woom! Hu heh!" This was coupled with the same explosion-like gesturing from earlier. He followed Alastair out, but was not the first to do so. He was also not the last to make the gestures. One alien got within a couple of feet of the explosive materials and was pointing violently to the once-perfect missiles while making similar gestures and sounds before being swept away with their brethren.

Not too long after, all of the aliens had left the premises and were following the march of Alastair and others to the first location. Even those being administered medical care took hold of their own liberties and moved out, though those being worked on by Sacre found their own body autonomy was not as easily relinquished as it was from a medic such as Saya. Soon enough, the whole of the colorful, horned, and many-mammaried aliens were out of the location, though many looked behind themselves to see if and when the explosion would come.
 

Glein

Well-Known Member
Station
Location 5


As they finalized the preparations for the demo charge, Elenor waited by one of the windows as Alastair lead the group of folk away from the building. Once she was sure they were well away from any risk of injury from the glass, Elenor gave Klaus a nod once his Mindy came out. "Here we go. FIRE IN THE HOLE!" She stated, the second sentence called over the team net. As she finished giving the call out, she triggered the signal on the unused channel, detonating the charge. There was a loud whomp sound as the charge detonated, the sound of things flying around in the room, as well as the shattering of the glass nearest the tank. It was definitely not the massive explosion with lots of flames typically depicted in movies and games. It was really quite unimpressive. Didn't make it any less dangerous though.

Once she'd counted to 15 seconds, she stepped inside, and nodded at her work. "Hope the folks weren't wanting to keep the balcony. It and the tank are now so much splinters and shrapnel." She reported, noting the entire balcony was gone, the tank was just scrap metal scattered through the main space, what hadn't lodged into the walls (not a lot to be fair), and the windows that'd framed the tank from behind were now open holes as opposed to glassed affairs. Opening the comm channel. "Demo report, target has been confirmed destroyed. Collateral consists of windows by target and the balcony it was one no longer present. Advise caution when moving through main space due to shrapnel from both tank and balcony." She said, turning around and stepping out of the temple. "Moving to link up now."
 

Noodlewerfer

Well-Known Member
Engineering Tunnel
After the Leinve showed her to the power conduits, Kiki used her diagnostic tool to check how much power they were putting out and determined the correct amount to program the limiters to. Knowing disastrous results could ensue for anyone inside the cloning machines if they shut down mid-process, she asked "Is it alright to reroute the power now? Is anyone using the cloning machines right now?"

YSS Kaiyō II
Bridge

With her hair still yellow, Chlorate sighed. She looked at her hands, wondering if something had gone wrong mechanically. Maybe Aunt Kiki could just fix something and it would all be back to normal. No, it seemed to her that her errors in aiming came from her own mind and consciousness. She wanted to talk to someone about it when this mission was over, but she didn't know who. She would've talked to Mark, but he was gone, and that was the problem- that was what made her aim less accurate.
 

Wolf626

Well-Known Member
Station
Location 5


After working with Elenor to finish the charges, Klaus was left with the dubious honor of making sure that no one would be near the bomb when it went off. Watching as Belmont led all the aliens outside, Klaus made sure to check that none were inside.

Making his final sweep, he exited into to the outside, where he gave Elenor the all clear sign. The ensuing explosion wasn't the most awe-inspiring, but it did its job.

"Well, that's one problem taken care of. Shame about the balcony though." he said. Hitting the comm channel, he spoke, "This is Kurogane-hei, also moving to link up."
 

BRindustries

Well-Known Member
YSS Kaiyo II - Bridge
Even from the corner of her eye, it was hard to miss Chlorate's yellow predicament. Even under that stoic blank stare something aboutChlo-chan seemed off. Her gestures and motions, even if jerky and mechanical, gave off that unmistakable feel of doubt or regret. Nerai'tha was about to say something when Hoshi-chusa's order for extraction came in.

"Hai, extraction coming up." With one more passing glange at chlorate, Nerai turned back to her screen to pat away at some keys, opening a channel to the team leaders. "Eden-shosa, Belmont-chui, Hoshi-chusa has ordered for an extraction, please proceed to the designated point once tasks are complete." A second later their HUD's gave a pip, marking the extraction point just above location 1. All that was left now was to get the Kaiyo into position. "Sifsdottir-hei, bring 'er in as close as you can, our new friends might appreciate the view~"

--------------------

Station - moving far away from Location 5
The snake assisted in escorting the civvie aliens out of the imminent blast zone, thick heavy tail proving quite usefulfor the task. As per usual he as well as Sacre got a couple of curious glances here and there, the kinds that he got just about anywhere outside of Essia. Even with so many different species, some more bizarre than the rest, having amassive tailin place of some legs was still considered bizarre above the bizarre. Ass the current situation on top of all that, and Abart'huse could only imagine what was going through those heads of theirs..... As long as it wasn't shrapnel from the explosion, things were going to be alright.
 
Top