Star ArmyⓇ

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Mission 16: Sosei Suru

SirSkully

FM of S6
Game Master
Location 1 > Location 5

"Ready," Wyatt confirmed before they slipped away, trading one volumetric disguise for a more effective one as they moved on to link up with the others at the next target, "You've been doing great so far, Saya, keep it up~" the ginger operative reassured his pink-haired partner with a scrape of his throat as his revolver was withdrawn - Elven ears twitching slightly as he heard Elenor's voice filter through his suit's cyclopean helmet, revolver's cylinder cycling between the armour-obliterating rounds he had loaded and the simple non-lethal ones as he sent through a little notification saying he could help breach if it was needed of him.
 

SpaceEye

Well-Known Member
Location 3

Alastair stood in shock for a moment as the stealth of the team was broken. Very good this new race was able to see the heat coming off the Mindy suits and pinpoint where they were at. This impressed him very much and he hoped after the mission he would be able to spend time with them and learn more about the culture. He always had a fancy for learning about new races and how they can integrate with the Yam Empire. For a moment this reminded Alastair of his most recent pass time he had been enjoying. His time with Nora had been most fun and learning about her was always exciting. Having these thoughts he looked around to find where Nora had wondered off too. Being the smooth guy that he is, decided to send her a winky face to her HUD with the message, "soon", Complete with a winky face. He chuckled as he knew this would get her flustered not knowing what he meant by this message.

He looked to Eden and gave a nod to confirm he got the message to head over to location five. He was hoping to stay behind and mingle with the new race at location three but they had a job to do. That could wait till after the mission. "Be good to our guests." He said over comms to the nekos that would stay behind to guard.

"Lets move out team, we have some liberation left to do." The grin he had was most evil and excited to finally be going toe to toe with the Kuvvies. It was not that he had a hatred for them, they just did things that pissed him off to no end. This station was a shining example of why he joined Star Army in the first place. To put down those who would oppress others to further their ideals.
 

Charaa

Well-Known Member
moving on to Location 5
Kiyo smiled momentarily when she heard Eden’s voice complimenting her observations. The Blue skinned Mindy power armored Neko found herself pleased with it, and thought if she died, she could die happy, of course she won’t remember getting complimented which would suck. She began moving on when at the corner of her eye, she saw the statues move Oh sweet creators! She exclaimed within her mind as she saw the statue point to where she knew Alastair was. She began edging away slowly just in case.

When Eden began speaking to the statue she wanted to advise her caution and to be careful, she didn’t want her hurt but things seem to be calm so far. It appeared that their arrival was known and that they were expected. Soon however, she was ordered to proceed to the next location, so she turned to follow the others moving on ahead.
 

raz

A Princess of Yamatai
Site Supporter
FM of the Kudhacari
Location 1

Aiko's kimono-clad volumetric visage demurely nodded to the departing Star Army soldiers who'd made initial contact, her gesture slow and measured as the grace of her current act demanded. She kept her distance from the handful of leaf-browed aliens mostly due to the size the invisible mech that held her actual body but not so far away as to indicate any disrespect or seem like an unfriendly replacement for the soldiers. After sizing them up for a moment or two, studying their foreign faces to discern their expressions and the intention behind their eyes, the princess bowed as a first introduction. To William and Rei she left the safety and security of their party, though her attuned NH-series brain still monitored their surroundings from within her Kirie's THOUGHT armor pod, too.

"I am Ketsurui Aiko," she began, rising back to a standing position as her smokey voice carried easily across the station's dry recycled air and over whatever commotion her comrades from the Kaiyo II had kicked up. "I am a daughter of the Nekovalkyrja who commands my country's military, and I have come to liberate you from the Interstellar Kingdom of Kuvexia. If you will assist me now, then we will have your brothers and sisters kept here living peacefully among our nation's stars and free from the Kingdom's tyranny. It is the utmost imperative that you tell me anything you know that will make our fight less complicated."
 

Gunhand4171

The Gunman
Location 1

As the Princess added her own sword to the task of cutting through the hull, the panel was quickly cut away allowing William to pull the section out and throw it out into space. Once Aiko had dropped through the opening, his black and red Air 2 dropped through, landing with a tremendous thud. Where as Aiko was able to use volumetrics to project her image, William reamined looking like his intimidating armor. The eyes of the armor glowing red, daring anyone to try anything.

As she began to speak to the gathered crowd, William moved so that he stood behind and to her right. He watched all around them for any signs of enemy movement. He opened a private communication with Rei as Aiko delivered her speech. "Do you see anything Sensei?" He asked, his face appearing in the corner of her HUD.
 

Ametheliana

Sensei
Staff Member
Submissions Reviewer
FM of Nepleslia
FM of the Iromakuanhe
Game Master
Station
Location 1


"I see our ward doing what she was born to do," Rei said in a slow tone to William's comms. As she did this, the leafy alien with the speaking electronic shook their head, then turned to those behind and near them, making their heavily robed body swish with movement. Aiko and her entourage could see the other aliens wiggling their brows and shrugging methodically, communicating. They turned back to Aiko, then began to tap out what they had to say on their device.

"It is an honor to meet you," came first. "The Skrumpo have not been in contact with us, but the Litlo said they would turn off their damn machines." The alien raised an arm to point to the large cloning tank that Alastair Belmont had decommissioned for them. "As ours is and as the Rotarge had done, by your people, we are guessing, though they don't really know what happened. We are... not a strong species, none of us really are, when compared to the stories of your race, but we will help however we can."

Location 5

The last location was a steepled sort of wooden building and about as large as the first location. There were some stained glass portions on all four sides of the building, as well as structural additions to make it a bit more ornate than a simple wooden building. Eden looked it up and down, sending some of her NSBs out to scout for openings. Her eyes found one first.

"Send in some of your NSBs through the upper area," Eden said, pointing out the belfry in the HUD of her team. Sanssinia-heisho, take a small team to be ready to enter through different portions of the stained glass, spread yourselves out and wait for my command to move in. Belmont-chui, you take the door with another small team. I'll be going in after the drones through that entrance." She saw feedback from the nodal subbort bits and spoke to the team as they were spreading. "Looks like a hostage situation, at this point. Herrick-hei and all others- that means rules of engagement are to use limited to no force until we can separate the Kuvexians from the aliens. The Kuvexians can be killed, though PoW aren't off the table. We want to de-escalate the situation inside, if at all possible. It doesn't look like a clear shot to get a Kuvvie is going to be easy or at least immediate. Moving in," Eden said, then switched to a comm with Elenor, Wyatt, Kiyo, and Abart after marking them as a part of Eden's group.

"You guys are on my team. I want Abart and Kiyo to be suppressive power bringing up the rear while Elenor and Wyatt, find a stealthy way to get us in through that bell tower. I'll be behind you two."

The visuals that the NSBs had gotten from the inside of the place of worship showed about fifteen colorful and horned aliens in different states of distress. They were located on a balcony that was high above the lower seating area. There was a wide and tall cloning tank at the back of the balcony. Some were on their knees while a good handful were passed out on the floor. All of them had their arms behind their backs, bound somehow, and most of the group had guns of different types trained on them by the three Kuvexians there. The three Kuvexians were sitting or standing, leaned up against the brackish red bubbling cloning tank with an unconscious alien in front of them as a meat shield.

YSS Kaiyō II
Bridge


"Info, Deio-heisho," Hoshi said in a clipped tone, then said, "Gravity and Chlorate, work together on this one."

Asuka replied, "A gunship will be entering the area in a moment, abut three o'clock." She looked to Gravity and Chlorate from her station, "WARMS is picking up several main aether arrays will be set off soon, not just ours. Likely Kuvexian based on those readings."
 

SpaceEye

Well-Known Member
Station
Location 5


Alastair got his orders to kick in the front door. At least this would happen when the time was right. He looked to his left shoulder, followed by his right. He was happy to have some weapons that could stun, kill and overkill. He had on NSB the three Kuvexian about to be road kill. It was bad enough they had made this cloning station. Now they have taken hostages which rubbed Alastair in all the wrong ways. His body was ready for this. To bust down the door like the mission before and save everyone.

"Few on me to bust in the front door while the three Kuvexians are distracted." He said over comms to crew not part of a team. The weapons on his Mindy powered up and aimed forward. Stun was the current setting ready to change to kill at a moments notice.
 

Soban

Game Master
Convention Veteran
Location 5
Windows

Sacre nodded and looked at the windows. "Two to a Window, one on the upper half and on the right, one lower half and to the left. Be ready to breach and clear on Eden's mark. Snipers, hold back from the windows and if we get a Targeting solution, we will take the shot on the mark before the rest of the team goes in." Sacre said, holding back from the windows so her Gauss cannon pointed into the room, waiting for her AIES to obtain a firing solution on one of the three Kuvexians for the AP round she loaded.
 

Noodlewerfer

Well-Known Member
Station
Location 5

Kikios Leka landed next to Alastair, holding her saber rifle with it on stun mode. The cockatoo deployed her leg NSBs and extended her manipulator arms, ready to jump in and help Alastair on his signal. She also had her shield projector ready in case anything went south and the Kuvexians started shooting. "They're using someone as a shield," Kiki commented, observing through her NSBs. "We need to be careful that they don't notice and get a chance to hurt the hostages." She wanted to burst in and take down the three Kuvexians instantly before they could do anything, but it looked like it wasn't going to be that simple.

YSS Kaiyo II
Bridge

After Hoshi said they weren't really going to use a tank, Chlorate stared at her blankly for a solid minute. Her hair quickly turned from orange to blue and she simply stated "...Affirmative," before slumping in her seat. The android sat up when Hoshi mentioned her again and her hair went back to white, paying attention to what was outside the ship. Glancing at Gravity as if to silently ask if she was ready, she waited to blast the gunship until it was gone and reduced to atoms. Maybe destroying something would take her mind off the tank.
 

Charaa

Well-Known Member
Location 5

As Kiyo looked around the location, she heard Eden’s voice speaking and thus she turned her attention to the woman, and she heard her next set of orders which were to split into teams and the leaders of the teams were Alastair and Sacre. It took her a moment to take her pick of the two and thus, she joined Sacre, deeming I a better choice for her though she wasn’t sure it made much difference.

She soon heard Sacre’s voice next, and then she moved into position on the indicated window. She was on the lower part of the window ready to breach in at the moment's notice. She waited for the order while patient, calm and very collected.
 

Glein

Well-Known Member
Station
Location 5


Elenor looked at the structure, and the data being fed to them by the drones. "I'll elevate and lower a cable." She said, looking at Wyatt, before finding a section of the building that looked sturdy enough to handle her climbing up it. Sure, she could have used the Mindy's abilities to make it easier, but there was risk of accidentally harming those unprotected doing so. But once she was up, she looped the cable she'd brought, the same one used in location 2 to help lower themselves to the main floor after they'd elevated there, to the belfry's frame. Lowering the cable to the ground, she gave a thumbs up, and settled in to see about how to use the belfry without alerting everyone inside they were coming in that way.
 

Wolf626

Well-Known Member
Station
Location 5


Klaus sometimes felt at odds with Belmont-chui. He respected him as an officer and fellow soldier. But he wouldn't call him a friend. They still barely knew each other, and it seemed sometimes their personalities were just incompatible. But in moments like these, he could tell he and Belmont were of the same mind.

"Understood, Chui! Moving to support the breach!" called the Raltian, as he hurried to the door beside the Belmont. Taking stock of his equipment, he turned to Belmont. "I'm ready when you are, sir." A grin found its way to Klaus's mouth. He never could back down from a fight.
 

SirSkully

FM of S6
Game Master
Station, Location 5

Wyatt nodded and wordlessly followed along with with Elenor, climbing up the wall of the building cloaked and really wishing his Mindy had the molecure climbing assistance that the skin-tight bodysuit being worn beneath did but managing to make his way up easily enough, the now-stowed revolver being swapped out for Wyatt's LATR as they set up on the roof - Elenor lowering down the rope as Wyatt maneuvered around to try and peek into the room himself with his precision rifle, still paying attention to the drone feeds though trying to get a clear shot on one of the hostage-takers if he could, laying prone on the roof and poking his cloaked rifle down into the belfry.

"Attempting to line up a shot, will mark target and hold fire until the rest of the team breaches," Wyatt informed the other over comms, his breathing slowing down as the operative tried lining up his scope with the head of one of the hostiles in the room.
 

SageShooter

Well-Known Member
Station
Location 5


Saya looked back and forth between Sacre's group and Alastair's before she left to join Alistair's. With Sacre, there wouldn't be as much of a need for the medic since she could handle that as need be. Instead, Saya landed just behind Alastair, Klaus, and Kikios, her rifle set to stun as well though the weapon shook a little in her head.

"I'm with you, sir... Here for medical back up if anything goes wrong." Her voice was a little unsteady as she stood with the others and gripped her weapon tighter in an attempt to stop the shake and give herself some sort of look of confidence.
 

raz

A Princess of Yamatai
Site Supporter
FM of the Kudhacari
Location 1
The language of these Leinve creatures translated poorly, even through their squawk box, but Aiko could tell that their intention was friendly if nothing else. And their knowledge of the station and its inhabitants had already provided the Kaiyo II's forward unit sufficient information to show their help would be at least passably useful. As the aliens themselves had mentioned, they did not seem like adept fighters from the looks of them but, for now, the Kuvexian resistance here seemed light so Ketsurui-shoi didn't see much risk in sending them out through the station to solidify support from the beings the Yamataians were here to liberate.

"The honor is mine, brave Reinbe," Aiko said, returning the alien's respectful greeting in kind beneath a thick Yamataian intonation. "All species who stand with my family's Star Empire are strong by virtue of association, so you must not fear the Kuvexians any longer. They lack honor and virtue, and will fold easily when they see you rise against them," she explained without a hint of reservation in her voice. "But do remember that your lives are precious to Yamatai, and do not throw them away in the course of your actions today.

"I need some of your people," the princess continued, gesturing to the Leinve standing behind the one speaking for them all, "to go forth and find their leaders and send them to find me. In turn, have their people free these Skurumpo you speak of." She paused for a moment, glancing back to Rei and William behind her while wondering if they could handle protecting a gaggle of alien tag-alongs should an actual fight present itself. Of course, Aiko outwardly showed nothing but the confidence that she ended up deciding upon, but still took the brief moment to consider their capability. "You will show me and my entourage to this station's command center or, if it lacks one, its main engineering bay," she said at last. "Show me to where the source of energy and power is," she added, just in case the translation issue more had to do with concepts than technology.
 

Blizzard

Well-Known Member
YSS Kaiyo II
Bridge


Gravity felt a wicked smile spread across her face as she listened to the info coming in. Not exactly the response she'd had in mind, considering the supposed importance of the station, but she would never complain about a good fight.

She briefly considered sending the Kuvexian monarchy a thank-you card and chocolates for all of the excellent target practice! Her ego also wondered if the Kuvexians knew who she was, and if she had a cool nickname that they only uttered in terrified whispers.

"...The Blue Baroness... yeah..." Gravity muttered to herself as she gripped the controls.

"Chlobot, focus on missiles and armors. I'm gonna bring us about and broadside them with the main gun. Then, if they send more we'll play rabbit for the ground teams. Ready? Let's go to work!" Gravity explained, already turning the nose starboard and increasing the throttle. She edged the ship out of its hiding spot and gunned it for the enemy ship. She began charging the gun and aiming for where she recalled the reactor being located on that particular class of vessel.

"Konnichiwa!" Greeted the pilot sweetly as she squeezed the trigger and edged up the nose so they would sail past.
 

Ametheliana

Sensei
Staff Member
Submissions Reviewer
FM of Nepleslia
FM of the Iromakuanhe
Game Master
Station
Location 1


The Leinve talking to Aiko said nothing, then turned to their comrades and moved their brows and expression about. When they stopped their movements, those aliens looking on bowed their heads respectfully to their Leinve compatriot and then to Aiko before turning to leave. One stayed with the Leinve near Aiko and moved closer to their heavily robed alien friend. The Leinve that had been talking to Aiko gave several excited brow wiggles and the alien that had come nearer resignedly bowed their head, looked to Aiko, waggled their brows methodically to her, and bowed their head again before leaving.

The Leinve speaking to Aiko said through the device, "My Leinve brothers are going forth to do your calling. This day was unexpected, but hoped for...." They looked at the tank wistfully for a moment before looking back to her. "Thank you. They will come into contact with the other races on this station and bring them back here. There is a way to move the station, an engineering center. I have never been in it, but I know the schematics of this station well enough to lead you to it. The Leinve turned to look at the door of the location, which was open and letting in panels of artificial light from outside, then back to Aiko before they tapped out a way to speak. "If anything happens, it is below us and can be entered through a few small entryways. The nearest is a..." they looked to be searching as they made to type, "shed near the Rotarge's establishment. Let's move fast." The alien bowed once to Aiko, looked to her imposing Nepleslian guard nearby, then nodded and turned to the door and began moving out of it.

Location 5

Eden was quick to enter with the support of the team behind, beside, and under her. The hostages's faces, expressions of fear and trauma became clear to her as she remained stealthed and approached with part of her team. The Kuvexians themselves had an obvious leader judging by the gems and gilded affects of their outfit. What Eden's knowledge of the Kuvexians told her was that there was only one person here that needed to be talked to.

Into team comms, Eden's orders were instantaneous:

"I am marking the targets for Kiyo and Elenor of my team to take out. This third one -designation "Loser"- do not kill him, the other two- take them out, now. Alder-heisho, I am expecting you to take out the firearm in Loser's hand without hitting the alien hostage its muzzle is against. Abart, have a lock on Loser's weapon in case of misfire." She switched to talking about the other teams, not just her own. "Belmont and Sanssinia's teams should enter uncloaked once the weapon is out of Loser's hand and the other two are down. Sanssinia's team is tasked with treating the aliens on the ground and unconscious. Sacre, if you can brief your team in this time, that will help them. Saya, assimilate into Sacre's team's motive once inside. The rest of Belmont's team, you are meant to help question this Kuvexian and find out all we can from him. Guns to stun but keep that imposing presence."

She herself moved out of line of fire from her team while still approaching her target- Loser.

YSS Kaiyō II

The gunship appeared almost as quickly as it was pushed out of existence by Gravity. The aether array of the Kaiyō II had been warming not just for the time that the pilot had been priming it, but for the many months since leaving Yamatai. The fight was over before it could start, at least the fight between the gunships. With the entrance of the gunship came several fighters, a half dozen. They began shooting on the Yamtaian vessel immediately, utilizing aether and anti-ship guns.
 

Soban

Game Master
Convention Veteran
Sacre nodded silently as she listened to the order. "Kiyo, Elenor, and Alder are going to be taking the shots. Soon as they do, we will enter and help secure the room. I will help secure 'loser'. Once the room is secure, move everyone who needs medical attention to the same area, the front right corner of the church where I will be setting up a medical station.

Sacre said, the gauss cannon moving to it's inactive state. She prepared herself, her hand sliding to Vera, the knife she had carried with herself for years. It had never been far beyond arm's reach. Most of the time, Vera was in a low profile sheath in the shadow of her breasts. Vera never came out unless Sacre really meant it. She hadn't even pulled it during many of the knife fights she had been in.

The shots rang out in unison, and Sacre bolted from her spot and went through the stained glass window like a bat out of hell. The glass shattered, forming a colorful halo as she streaked directly towards 'loser' who had just lost his weapon. The surprised Kuvexian didn't even have a chance as Sacre slammed into the gap between him and his hostage. With a fluid motion, she levered the hostage out of loser's grip and wrapped herself around him in a well practiced Hesskara move, completely immobilizing him. Sacre could have plunged her knife into his ribs or any other of a dozen fatal locations. Instead there was a snap-hiss as Vera's powered blade sprang to life and gently tickled the Kuvexian's neck. "Don't move." Sacre warned him, not that he could anyway with the Separa'Shan wrapped around him like a living rope.
 

Glein

Well-Known Member
Station
Location 5


With the Eden team in place now, Elenor settled into a spot to get a good aim into the space. While looking at the scene below them, Elenor was busying herself with changing out the magazine on her LASR from non-lethal to standard rounds, noting the lack of armor on the Kuvvies. Placing some markers on the two targets that were not marked as 'Loser', owing it was easy to tell with how fancy that outfit was. Once loaded, she settled in and took aim. "I'll engage Target 1. Aim for disabling, if unable to get a good disabling shot, take them out." Elenor stated over the comm, settling in for a shot. "Fire on Three." She stated, finger going from the weapon's body to the trigger, her breathing calming down, and her focus narrowing for the moment on her target.

"One." She said, letting a breath out and stabilizing her rifle, while flicking the fire selector to single shot. "Two." Finger began to squeeze the trigger as the sight picture lined up on the shoulder of her target, however her's began to turn to shift his aim to a different hostage, which turned Elenor's aim to disable to one to kill. Not that the ranger was gonna complain, she did specify the option after all. "Three, fire." She finished, the trigger squeeze finishing to get the weapon to send it's kick through the stock, into her shoulder, and through her suit which all helped to reduce how much of it she felt. As the single LASR Mk1 round left the barrel, it flew straight and true, and thanks to the Kuvvie's turn, bored straight through the back of his neck and out the front of it. It's hands dropped the weapon it had been holding, clutching at it's throat, obviously gurgling something or maybe trying to breath, as it dropped to it's knees and finally slumped forward, twitching slightly as it bled out.

"Target down." She reported, letting her focus return to the whole scene to see how the rest of the targets fared.
 

Charaa

Well-Known Member
Station
Location 5

From the coms, the azure Neko had heard Eden’s voice, and immediately her hud picked up the mark of her target that Eden had mentioned to them. She chose her weapon that she wished to use on her target, then she began to breathe inwards, into her body and hold I, for a moment as she took aim, and then through the communication, she heard Elenor speaking, and then she fired when Elenor had said three.

She watched her target go down, but felt nothing, as she switched to her next target and watched as they too fell down. The Neko proceeded forward with Sacre and the rest of the team, ready to fire upon her next target as she did so. Her lungs expanded once more with the released breath.
 
Top