• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 17.1] Odds and Ends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recon Team

"Looks like we can get in through one of the escape pod hatches" Natsumi said as she reviewed the information coming back to her from her drones. She kicked in her suit's thrusters and jetted up to one of the blown escape pod hatches and looked down into the vacant pod bay. All that lay between them and access to the ship was the inner pod airlock.

"Should be pretty easy to cut or blast through" she added

Recon Team

"Hrm... they had time to leave. I don't like that, enough time to leave means there could be some form of trap aboard, that, or they had time to disable their equipment." Helen spoke, delivering a bit of caution as she looked to Takeyu and wondered just what he was going to order the team to do.

Recon Team

Takeyu gave a nod of the head at Helen's message, although he had his concerns about the Shosa, he wasn't going to pass up advice or even assistance. Though, he did hope that nothing major would happen.

Takeyu wasn't liking the details from the drone, and Helen's concern was just making his concerns worse. He agree'd, the fact that the pods had been fired meant that there was a possibility of danger inside, perhaps a trap, or worse - a bomb.

This was taking him a bit back to his old mining days. "Take things slowy," he ordered the team. "We'll use our drones to scout ahead of us to search for any traps that might've been laid, do not take any risks."

He then looked up at Natsumi. "Natsumi-hei, see if you can get through that hatch, we have some det cord on us but given how we'll be taking this ship into orbit soon," he nodded in the direction of the Eucharis, "first examine the hatch to see if you can brute force it open so we can seal it shut. If you can open it without needing the cord, then once we get inside and seal it, we'll attach the cord on the inside and a remote detonator to it, that way there if we have to abandon the ship for any reason we can just ignite the cord and make ourselves an exit."

Takeyu then jumped onto a part of the ship that was low enough for him to grip and made his way up the side and onto the 'roof' and peered down into the hole. "Weapons out, stay alert."

"Shosa? What else can you tell me about the Peacekeepers and what they might do to one of their ships if it's at risk of being taken, despite destroying technology and setting traps." he said via an encrypted telepathic link.

Recon Team

Natsumi examined the empty escape pod bay, using her MINDY's sensors to check for explosives or any other sort of trap. Nothing registering, she hopped down into the empty bay, her armored feet hitting the bulkhead around the inner airlock hatch with a heavy metallic thud.

"Checking for a manual release" she said, scrutinizing the airlock and the area around it. All they needed was an access panel containing pressure lines to the hatch motors or a manual crank and she could force the hatch open. "Worst case, if I cant find anything, I should be able to cut through with my aether blade" she added.

Recon Team

Hovering off the ground, Helen soon landed upon the hull of the wrecked ship, as her hand grasped onto her NSP, drawing it and holding it at the ready as she silently communicated with Takeyu. "If this was an ordinary Peacekeeper ship, we do not have to worry about anything really devious. Just traps designed to keep unauthorized personnel away from sensitive equipment or even the other way around. If this ship was from the Tange, or had Lorath crew on board, it would be safe to assume they would set the whole ship to blow if tampered with or there could be distinctively lethal traps on-board. If we can find some identification markings, I may be able to give you more information."

Surface
"Seeing as how the ship just flew away," Konoka told Jonathan, his cold replies making her frown, "and how any traps on this downed ship could easily make my skill set necessary by injuring the crew, it looks like I'm joining the Recon Team. It's nice to meet you, by the way, Darksky-Hei."

She then fell in behind Takeyu like everyone else was, and wondered if Natsumi would be able to open the hatch without setting off a booby trap.

Ayana-class Cruiser

Natsumi found a manual released. According to her scans it appeared safe and untouched. Inside of the ship it was dark. Immediately the team would see a huge bloodstain in the corridor just outside the escape pod door.

Recon Team

"I found a manual release" Natsumi reported. "Looks safe. I'm going to open it"

She took a moment, popping open the thin cover panel over thje release knob, grabbed it firmly and twisted it until the hatch locks disengaged with a thunk. The hatch popped open enough for her to get her armored gauntlets into the gap and force it open the rest of the way.

"I'm going to send in my drones" She said a few moments after the hatch was open. The interior of the ship was pitch dark and as her drones glided into the newly opened airlock she activated her floating flashlight and directed it into the darkness.

Thats when she saw it, blood, as if someone had splashed buckets out into the corridor. Natsumi gasped, taken back for a moment.

"Something bad happened in here" she said after she took a moment to collect herself.

Recon team

Tomomi took up a position near Helen. She refrained from sending her own drones since there seemed to be enough out at the moment. She looked over at Konoka for a moment before glancing at the area of the hatch waiting to go in.

Recon Team

"Which means we'll have to check every piece of equipment just to be safe, if you see any of those markings let me know and we'll examine them," he sent back via encrypted telepathy.

Takeyu watched the Eucharis briefly before focusing his attention on Natsumi and keeping his weapon trained on the hole.

His drones flew off into the hole once the hatch was open, but one of the drones didn't even go a few feet before it's systems focused on the blood spatter and relayed an image of it to his HUD.

"Goes without saying," commented Takeyu as he stared at the splatter and then looked down into the corridor for a few moments before looking up at the recon team and thinking to himself on how to do this.

"We'll proceed carefully from here on out, Natsumi has point with Tomomi-hei backing her up, but for the most part we'll stick together as a group. No breaking away to explore on your own, and if someone finds anything out of the ordinary," he thought about that word for a moment and then shook his head, "or rather, if they find anything suspicious, call it out but do not approuch it on your own."

"Konoka," he said though without using her rank. "You'll stay behind the Shosa and myself, you are without armor so if we find a trap I don't want you to be injured."

Then glanced at Reika. "Tachihara-hei, stick close to Konoka and keep her safe."

He then looked over at Misato, "Misato-hei, you and DarkSky-hei have the rear. Once we're all in, close that hatch, as I don't know whether the Shosha is going to have us towed into space right now or after our mission, and I'd rather not get caught with that door open. Once closed, I want someone to attach some Det-Cord around the door and attach a remote detonator to it."

Typically Takeyu didn't like repeating things, but he felt it was a good idea to do so given their newcomer. Though he wondered if the assignments he gave were a bit 'too' much considering all they were doing was exploring a vessel, but the worry of traps and the sight of blood just made him want to do things properly and not skimp on stuff.

He swung his weapon up and peered down the corridor. "Ok, all in," he said, not as an order, but more as a suggestion.

Recon Team

The neko operative who had been following along silently since she had left the Eucharis nodded softly in response to the Shoi's instruction, falling in beside Konoka, behind Helen and Takeyu and in front of Misato and DarkSky.

Hefting her rifle, Reika cast a long wary glance towards the dried blood that stained the deck. She shook her head and said in a faintly sarcastic tone, "Right... and that's not at all creepy..."

Reika followed Takeyu and began to move further into the ship's interior. Hidden beneath the armor of her Daisy's helmet, her violet eyes scanned the details of the ships bulkheads and structural partitions -- looking for any signs of movement, something worthy of salvage, or the slightest forewarning of danger.

Recon Team
Konoka got behind Takeyu and Helen as she was told, eyeing her "protector" Reika. She realized it had been foolish of her to rush out here without armor. Luckily she HAD been smart enough to bring The medical kit she would use to help any crew who caught the wrong end of a booby trap.
Her very first away team mission had involved patching up a friend who had triggered a trap on a rigged escape pod. That was years ago now, but it had made Konoka cautious about traps forever after. She'd grown up a lot since then.
Eyeing the bloodstain, she heard Reika snark about its creepiness. "Do you think it's fresh?" she asked. "If so, whoever made it could still be around here somewhere. Which is creepy indeed."
Her hand tightened around the handle of her medical kit. She wondered if any medic had been around to help whoever had bled all over the walls.

Recon Team

"You heard the man, all in." Helen spoke, waiting for the others who were assigned to go ahead, before she would enter the ship alongside Takeyu. As the armored feet of her Kylie hit the deck, she reached to the drone storage rack on her hip, and tossed one up into the air, before having it steadily circle around her, watching everything, and gathering images from whichever direction she was not focusing her attention to.

"I'll let you know the moment I spot anything." Helen spoke to Takeyu silently, before looking to Konoka. "Happen to have a scanner Konoka? Perhaps it could be helpful to the group to know the source of that blood." Helen gently suggested, as she returned her attention to her surroundings, using the light from her NSP to examine the area, from ceiling to deck-plate. "We should be right by the bridge." Helen spoke, recalling what she had seen in regard to deck layouts. "If it is not badly damaged, from what I understand, we should be able to access everything from there. This ship was designed for a small crew, so most interfaces are designed for multiple tasks."

Recon Team
"Good idea, Shosa," smiled Konoka as she dug out her scanner and commenced a scan of the ominous wall blood.
Why didn't I think of that? she thought to herself as she waited for the results to come up on the scanner screen.
She wondered about the fate of the ship's crew with a sad, perhaps morbid, curiosity.

Recon Team

The blood seemed old and the scans didn't show any signs of life. The ship seemed to be in bad shape. Immediately as they began to move through the ship they could see it had been looted. Emergency lockers, supplies, and, in general, anything not bolted down was missing. The bridge had been the site of a firefight. The doors were blown open with explosive charges and the interior was damaged by grenade shrapnel and bulletholes, and smeared with more blood.

Recon Team

"Bridge is our first stop," Takeyu told the team.

Once the group was close to the bridge, Takeyu took a peek inside. "Wonder what happened here..." muttered the Shoi as he leaned backwards.

"Ok, search the bridge and see what you can find, but be mindful..." warned the Shoi as he stepped into the bridge and looked around.

After Takeyu has passed out boarding instructions, Jonathan took up a defensive position next to the escape pod hatch, maintaining a general over-watch while the remainder of the party boarded the ship. He waited for Misato to enter before he stepped in backwards, shield out towards the open air. Only once he was fully inside did he lower his guard; it took both hands to close the escape pod bay's inner hatch, as well as set up the detonation cord and remote detonator as Takeyu had instructed.

He paid the sight of the buckets of tried blood little mind. The infantryman had been exposed to plenty of such sights during his training, and the fact that someone had quite literally dropped the wreck on the planet meant it couldn't possibly be fresh. The signs of looting merely confirmed it in his mind.

Once on the bridge, Jonathan took up station just inside the bridge entry, his shield positioned to face the empty corridor, floating flashlight illuminating the passageway. There were only so many places one could physically look around on this bridge before getting in the way of someone else; his skills were devoted towards combat and not computer interrogation techniques.

Recon Team

Once the team arrived on the bridge, Helen looked around and gave a soft whistle. "They put up a fight, that is for sure." she spoke aloud, mulling over how the events must have transpired. Though, what she did immediately notice, was the fact that a number of items were missing. "Someone picked this place clean. There are supposed to be more supplies and equipment. I think whoever the Shosho bought this from must have picked through it already." Helen explained, before she strode to the port forward station, but stopped short a couple of meters. "If I were going to set any traps, they'd be at the console." She spoke, before she looked to Takeyu, with hopes that he'd order someone of lower rank and with a proper skill to investigate for traps.

Recon Team
"My scans showed that the blood is old and the ship is lifeless," Konoka reported. "Golly, this place is a wreck. I wonder how it came to be in this state?"
The sight of so much blood made her sad, because it caused her to hypothesize that the crew had suffered quite violent ends...but by whose hands? she wondered.
She moved a good distance away from the console, fearful of traps and knowing that if any were sprung by the crew, her assistance might be needed.
That was what she was here for, but that didn't mean she was hoping for it. The bloody, deserted wreck of a bridge where she and the others stood creeped her out.

Recon Team

Tomomi took up the position Takeyu ordered her to take. She launched two of her drones so she could have eyes on the corridors ahead. The looks of the corridors kinda creeped her out a little bit, but there was little she could do about it. When they reached the bridge, she looked around for any surprises before she proceeded with Takeyu's orders to search the bridge. She was no ship's engineer, but she carefully and slowly looked for any slots in the equipment where they could locally power the consoles with an external source of power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…