Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 17.1] Odds and Ends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recon Team

Takeyu grumbled silently and looked around the bridge at the amount of destruction and lack of equipment and supplies. "Whoever it was that attacked this bridge most likely did it without the desire to actually take it over, otherwise they wouldn't damage it to such a degree," at least that's what Takeyu hoped anyway.

The amount of blood he saw made it seem like whoever the original crew had been must've been caught off guard with a few killed just shortly after the doors had been blown off.

When he heard Helen speak of the traps, he glanced at her in thought before looking over at DarkSky. He knew the skills of most everyone who was currently in the group right now, but DarkSky's was an anomalie to him. "DarkSky-hei, are you trained in demolitions?" he asked him and looked over at the console.

He knew anyone trained in demolitions would have the knowledge and know-how to disarm explosives, not to mention, know how to recognize them as well.

Recon Team

Tomomi's search found standard power connectors located under the control panels where they were attached to the consoles. If he could find something to power the control panels, there were at least two to four of them that would probably operate. The portable generators were missing from the damage control stations and corridors on this deck. It was also clear that main engineering was not running.

Further inspection revealed blood smears running from puddles on the bridge connected all the way the escape pods. There were multiple lines that converged at the bridge door on that path. The drones found a security alcove that was picked clean, leaving only empty shelves and gun racks.

There was also a non-functioning lift and a maintenance tunnel access. The drones reported that the tunnels were 0.92 meters high and 0.88 meters wide.

Recon team

"Supprised we haven't seen any bodies" Bors said as the team entred the bridge. Bors had kept quiet about the blood splatters they encountered, thinking more of what caused them rather than the aftermath. "I mean the squids make people into canned foods or something right? So that could explain it."

Bors didn't like the situation the team was in, they had moved all the way to the bridge without hostile contact, and the fact that there was a firefight or maybe a last stand where they were had trap written all over it. As much as he wanted to take off his helmet and smoke to calm his nerves, Bors took a cover behind his shield pointing his rifle down the corridor the team came from. Over hearing Takeyu's comment Bors said "If you want to take a shot at it, what was it Darksky right?, I'll cover ya best I can. You know try to keep you from losing a limb or getting shot if something try's to pop out at ya."

Recon Team

Natsumi was more than a little disturbed by the amounts of blood splattered over the interior of the ship. It was creepy to think, this ship was similar to their own in many ways, but all dark and empty, it was scary. She shook that thought off as she examined one of the bridge control panels.

"If we can get some power we might be able to access the security recordings and see what happened" Natsumi suggested.

Recon Team

"My Kylie has a power output port, find a cable, and I'm sure we can work something out." Helen spoke, as she continued to look around the bridge, shining the light of her NSP here and there, in a search for anything that would tell a tale of which organization the ship was under. Though, as she looked, she spoke in passing "It was not NMX who did this, too clean, and they would not have taken the components. Not one of our jobs either." It was a mystery if she meant SAINT when she referred to 'our jobs', or the Star Army of Yamatai as a whole. "Not a Lorath job either, there would be more collateral damage, same for Nepleslian military... From what it looks like, pirates took down this ship, picked away anything of value, then sold it to our Shosho." There was a sigh from Helen, if she were wearing navy blue panels, her job would have become quite complicated at that point.

Recon Team

"Then check the console please for explosives, if you find any, let us know and then try and disarm them," he said to DarkSky.

He then looked over at Natsumi. "We'll check engineering once we are done here, but if I were to set a trap anywhere, it'd be there. Then again, there's no telling whether this ships main reactor was also stripped out..."

"And not novices either," responded Takeyu to Helen's pirate comments. "Rather specific, take out the crew, then strip it of all of its technology. The fact we see no bodies could mean that either the bodies were removed 'after' the ship was recovered, or the pirates took the bodies as.... trophys..."

//Encrypted Message - Hanako Eyes Only//

Shôshô,

Here is the report you requested.

Klein-Shosa is an anachronism. While her tactics may have worked in the past, or even in a SAINT environment. They do not work on a normal Star Army warship.

Klein-Shosa has demonstrated that her methods are not conducive to working in a group and developing an integrated team. She is a loose cannon who prefers to operate as a lone wolf.

She very nearly killed the entire away team during the mission at Ether. When she chose to discharge an anti-matter weapon while the away team was escaping through a cavern. Her weapon discharge not only nearly brought down the cavern on the team, but the shock wave and radiation could have been fatal as well.

Also after that she has demonstrated that she is perfectly willing to sacrifice portions of the crew so long as she can succeed with her mission. Both of these incidents resulted in a number of the Eucharis crew being killed when there was every chance that had she brought her team to the fight, the deaths could have been avoided.

Klein-Shosa is a maverick, whose Machiavellian attitude in her quest for success and glory is a detriment to the effective operation of the Eucharis.

That she still remains aboard the ship, in itself is baffling. After you ordered off the Eucharis. During the terrorist attack on Kyoto, despite her constantly vaunted superior body, she chose to flee from the fight and returned to the Eucharis.

You have asked for my opinion of Klein-Shosa and I have respectfully complied. Other than having my opinion on the record, I must admit that I do no truly see the need for this, since it is readily apparent that you see some value in her continuing time aboard the ship.

Respectfully,
Jalen Sune-Shosa
First Officer, YSS Eucharis

//End Message - Encryption Ends//

Recon Team

With not much she can do until the check for explosives is complete, Tomomi started to focus on all of the blood. She looked at the different trails leading away from the bridge door. Thinking of some forensics show she once watched, she pulled out the science scanner. Staying in view of the others, she knelt down to one of the trails. She used both the chemical and lifeform attachments in an attempt to gather dna and any other other pertinent information from the blood.

Recon Team

Explosive residue was present from ammunition and from explosives used on the door but there were no signs of traps on the bridge. The scans of the blood revealed it to be Yamataian in chemical composition. Looking around they found a brass shell casing with "ZEN ARMS .45" on the bottom. Outside, the storm had come in and it was pouring. The thunder rumbled through the hull of the lifeless cruiser.

Takeyu got a message from Shosho Hanako. "Will it fly?" she asked.

As Bors had taken up position covering the entrance to the bridge, Jonathan turned to look at the Bridge itself. "By your command, Shoi." With both his MINDY sensor suite as well as the science scanner, fitted with the Ke-G1-E3101 - Chemical Scanner Unit, Jonathan swept the bridge, beginning with the consoles identified as potentially usable. After a thorough search, he made his report.

"Shoi. The only explosives used in this chamber were those that breached the door and weapons weilded during the fight. There are no traps that I can discover." He held up the spent cartridge. "This was missed by whoever cleaned house."

Recon Team

"The blood is Yamataian." Tomomi said as she got back on her feet. "Guessing the crew were peacekeepers. But that could just as easily be blood from the pirates. I would like to gather DNA samples, but this scanner isn't cut out for it."

"If we could find some swabs or something else that is absorbant that might do the trick of collecting it. Just need to make sure they are stored separately." She thought to get herself while she waited to see if Helen would power up he consoles.

Recon Team

"Surprising..." muttered Takeyu before he gave a nod. "Ok, someone find a cable then for the Shosa so we can get some power to these consoles, I want them online and checked for any information related to this ship or it's operations."

When he received the message from Hanako though, he frowned a bit, they hadn't even gotten to engineering just yet and already she was asking if it could fly. The Chief Engineer thought for a few moments with a sigh before replying back to her.

"Not without some serious repairs Shosho, just from the look of the bridge whoever attacked this ship came here with the intent of stripping it. No supplies, majority of the equipment is gone as well. I'll have a better idea of it's flight worthiness once my team gets to engineering," he sent to Hanako.

When he was done sending his message he glanced over at the blood. "Konoka? Do we have anything that could be used to collect blood samples?" he asked, hearing what Tomomi had said and turning to their medic for answers.

Recon Team

"Attempt to restore power," was Hanako's text reply from the Eucharis.

Outside, the Eucharis floated in the air over the damaged cruiser, moving ever so slightly as it was buffeted by the storm winds. Sheets of rain moved across the freshly-painted hull.

Down below, the "Troll" tank was waiting. Hanako directed Ramiro: "Use the tank to start pushing whatever you think would be most useful over towards the Ayana's cargo bay doors."

"Actually, yes I do, Shoi," replied Konoka with a smile. "In addition to my medical kit, I had the foresight to bring along a Type 31 Science Kit, which has a sample collection kit in it. Would you like you like me to start taking samples of that blood?"

Konoka was actually pretty curious about the blood - was it from the crew, or the pirates? She hoped it would lead to clues about the fate of those who had been downed with the ship.

Her medic's scientific curiosity was showing, which was unusal for her. Of course, so was her worry about what the poor crew had suffered.
She couldn't wait to study it all in the MedLab!

Recon team
Natsumi had been scrounging around the bridge for an appropriate cable. she checked under various access panels, most of which had been scavanged pretty well already.

Popping open a floor panel she peered inside, her floating flashlight providing illumination. into the small service compartment.

"Ahhah!" she grinned and reached in, grabbing onto what she wanted. she withdrew a roughly three meter length of heavy shielded power conduit from what looked to be part of the lighting system.

"Will this work?" she asked, holding up the length of cable.

Recon Team

While Helen was not an engineer, she did know her Kylie, she had served with it for some time, enough to know as she looked upon the power cable, that it could be fitted to the power connection socket. "Yeah, that will work, just be sure to confirm that you don't get a short. I'll regulate the power output from my reactor manually. I know enough about these systems to know the power tolerances, so I'll be able to put out enough to at least get the computing systems online, then we'll go from there. Thank KFY for putting a reactor on this thing suitable for a small ship." Helen spoke, before she took a seat at the console, and sat with the power connection port exposed so the cable could be fitted, and ran to the proper access point on the console.

As Helen sat, there was a sneeze that sounded over the communication line. It was a minor oddity, since she was in a NH-27 body. It made her press her lips together and wonder just why she'd do such a thing, as her mind wandered over old Nepleslian and Yamataian myths about sneezing.

Recon Team

Some how it worked and the console projected a volumetric window casting a faint glow in the dark bridge. "SHRINE-OS. No connection to MIKO," it displayed. "No SQUID interface detected. Touch screen to continue."

After this, the display noted it could not contact engineering, sensors, weapons, or any internal systems monitors.

Recon Team

"Hrm... what a freaking mess..." Helen mumbled as she looked upon the volumetric display. "Either the subsystems are gone and-or destroyed, or, the data lines have been damaged." she explained, as she frowned a little. "Or, it could not be plugged in properly, or the computer is damaged. I'm not an engineer." Helen had to once again state, as she decided to spend some time later on with a connection to PANTHEON to teach herself to be an engineer. "Though... I'm not sure about what level of MIKO it is unable to connect to. Either the shipboard MIKO is unavailable, or, it may be encountering an error due to failing to connect to the old United Outer Colonies servers."

Recon Team

As the recon team went about their assigned task Bors found himself a broken console to sit on.

"Pirates eh?" He said, tracing his finger around in one of the blood smears decorating one of the computer screens, "They've gotten more effective since the last time I saw 'em. A lot more accurate judging by the mess."

Getting off off his ad hoc chair he made his way over to Takeyu, being careful not to damage anything that could be of potential use or looked fragile.

"Still gotta check out engineering right?" Bors said checking his Particle Beam Rifle's magazine for good measure. " I'm ready to move when you want, I'm being a big help up here." He added with a low laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back