• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 17.2] Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam's Grill

Tomomi waited for her turn to order before she said anything. She had kept her face buried in the menu so the others wouldn't notice her to much. "I will have the lemon pepper tilapia and some pineapple juice please." Tomomi said. She closed her menu and laid it on the table.

Sam's Grill

Natsumi's pale cheeks reddened a bit "Oh, umh, I was thinking we should talk a bit. Get to know each other better since we are sharing a cabin!" she squeaked and quickly grabbed her spiced rum and took a drink.

Sam's Grill

Since the crew was taking up most of the restaurant, it wasn't hard to sneak into a seat at a table near the others. Mitsuko tried to be nonchalant as she slipped out of her coat and draped it over the back of her chair. She continued to examine the menu while the others spoke, needing time to work up the courage to grab the waiter's attention. Soon enough she had placed her order, and was waiting for her food along with the others.

Mitsuko sipped her drink as she waited. She didn't want to draw any more attention to what she was wearing, so she decided to wait for the others to be distracted before she attempted to attach her new rank pins.

Sam's Grill

The group had some time to mingle and enjoy their drinks while they waited for the food. "I have something interesting for you: The panel on the bridge was able to give us the name of the ship, UCS Fulgora, UPF-4LF-032, part of the Piracy Combat and Investigation Squadron in the UOCPF Pirate Task Force. The DNA we scanned matched the crew members," Hanako informed Helen. "Also, the sensors say we left a black box recorder behind on UX-11 IX, which may have been from the ship."

After a few minutes, the chef would arrive cause a metallic clamor as he did some spatula spinning and then started making the fried rice and meat on teppanyaki grill.

Sam's Grill

Bors had to smile a bit at the Neko's reaction "No need to get yourself flustered, just havin a bit o' fun with ya." Bors took another sip of his drink and relaxed in his char a bit more before addressing Natsumi again. "So what is it you'd like to know? Feel free to ask anything that comes to mind."

Sam's Grill

Misato walking into the restaurant much latter then the others, She spent a bit of time cleaning her pistol and making sure her new rank pins were affixed appropriately to all her uniforms. She wasn't all that thrilled about leaving the ship but she threw on a pair of combat pants, shirt and a dark chocolate leather jacket she picked up on leave. She made sure that her jacket had the appropriate patches and rank pins so that it looked almost like her duty jacket. With her pistol under her jacket she felt confident as walked over to where Mitsuko was sitting.

"Mind if I join you Mitsuko-chan?" Not waiting for an answer Suzume plopped down next to her room mate, "Watcha ordering?"

Sam's Grill - Officer Seating

There was a thoughtful brow raise from Helen as Hanako spoke to her. Certainly, there was a bit of a fumble on her part, for failing to grab the black box. Though, outwardly, Helen did not display the fact that she was berating her self silently. "Well that explains a thing or two about the how and why of the ship. Though, I don't see why pirates would sell the black box to the ship they just destroyed. It is kind of counter intuitive to their long term business." Helen spoke in reply as she turned her head to look to the Elysian waitress which delivered her first beer of the night, as she spoke a brief thanks.

Once she took the first sip of her beer, Helen decided on the best course of how to approach the matter. "Since there is still a quantity of materials to be picked up from UX-11, I imagine that it would be possible to have a trusted private contractor or even a military ship round up the odds and ends which were left behind, including the black box. A ship with a proper fold drive could have the black box here before we're done eating." Helen suggested as she already felt a bit of the warm buzz of intoxication brought on by the rather potent imported Nepleslian beer, which was essentially malt liquor.

As Helen thought on the matter further, she did encounter a small stumbling block in regard to protocol involving such a situation. "Ma'am, the usual procedure involving the discovery of such a ship would be to notify the government which the ship belonged to, while also providing DNA records. Unfortunately, with the collapse of the United Outer Colonies, technically, that ship belongs to our own government now, however, we lack the data which could be used to track down next of kin through crew manifests. Perhaps we should perform a check against the medical records in our network to see if there is a connection to anyone within the Empire? We could put some hearts and minds at ease, and perhaps it could ease some of the nerves of the former colonists to see the effort."

Sam's Grill

"It's possible, however unlikely, that the pirates either forgot about the black-box or the ship possibly had a secondary backup," said Takeyu after taking a swig from his drink. "I do know that outside of lawful areas, some ships 'will' have more than one recorder on their vessel espically when venturing into areas rift with piracy. This is even more the case for local authorities and private security groups."

Sam's Island Grill

After ordering some Hibachi Steak for herself, Reika set down her copy of the menu and took a long sip from her juice, savouring the taste. As she drank, the neko listened attentively to the officers as she overheard them discussing the UCS Fulgora. From time to time, her attention also shifted to watch the peaceful comradery of the rest of the Eucharis' crew.

Sam's Island Grill

"I will send my yacht to get it," Hanako told Helen.

"I wonder if we should continue our celebration with some games," Hanako commented, glancing over at the enlisted table, where the chef was serving up the hibachi food those that had ordered it. "To be honest, I feel like we could stand to know one another better...even if some of the recently promoted crew will be taking transfers. Akemi went to Task Force Lantern, and I wonder if the infantry soldiers are eying a 12th Fleet or Legion assignment.

Venia the waitress briefly came by and dropped off some dishes, including the fried rice that Hanako had ordered.

"Do you have any other suggestions other than Reika for the mission I mentioned earlier?" the Shosho asked Sune.

Sam's Grill

Sune listened to Helen's suggestions, but part of him wondered what were the odds that the crew of the ill fated UOC craft had surviving members. Even if they did it was unlikely, the members of the UOC were split between Yamatai and Nepleslia. Not to mention there was no data on just how many casualties the NMX were responsible for. Though it was a task best left in the hands of the government. The same folks who were analyzing the meat in the NMX rations, would be able to do the necessary DNA work.

He gave his order to the waitress. "I wonder if an analysis of the weapon damage might give some indication of who was responsible. That ship is close to the size of a Plumeria, so these were some really dangerous pirates." he offered to the conversation.

He thought for a moment, "It is hard to recommend when I do not know what positions she has filled. She might need a Medic, so Konoka-San would be a good suggestion. Do you know what staff positions she has open?" he replied to Hanako.

Sam's Grill

Mitsuko squeaked as Misato surprised her, right in the middle of properly attaching her new pins. "I'm not....! Oh. Sure." She made sure to scoot over, making a bit more room for the new arrival. "Um...I ordered the sea bass. It reminded me of our vacation." Murakami grinned...but it soon turned into a pout. "...they don't have frozen margaritas here, though." She sighed...

Sam's Grill

"Sea Bass you say, hmm... I can see that, sounds good. But how often is it that we can order red meat?" Suzume chuckled waving a waiter over to put in an order for a chunk of rare meat. Turning back to Mitsuko "That is a shame but I bet you could always try something else, I bet you could find more and more drinks to your liking." she grabbed for a drink menu off the table and looked it over. "how about I order a bottle of Mead and we can try it out?"

Misato wasn't sure why she was so open and free around her roommate, normally she would have just chatted very little and then only if she had to. She like the feeling about hanging out and feeling free to just be herself.

Sam's Grill

Natsumi took another sip from her drink, then set it down. "Well, what kind of stuff do you like? um.. whats you're favorite thing to do, anything I should know since Im sharing a cabnin with you?" she said, shrugging, not sure what was most important to ask Bors.

Pounding down the rest of his drink, Bors thought on how best to answer his roommates question or rather questions. He held up his glass to a passing waitress and nodded when she asked if he would like another,

"As I'm waiting for that, lets see where should I start? Well l do enjoy a good fist fight now and again, shame i haven't had a decent one in awhile though the punching bag in the gym cant hit back." As he spoke he subconsciously flexed his arm, tightining the already somewhat tight uniform he was already wearing, "I guess you can say it one of my favorite things to do, aside from drinking that is." As if on cue the waitress returned with another mug of mead which he gladly accepted and began to drink.

"Aside from those I do enjoy messing with vehicles and weapons a bit, seems like I'm always doing that between missions at least." Bors chuckled to himself at his little joke before thinking again, "As for anything important that you should know? Nothing really not like I got a plague or nothin, or I sometimes fancy myself a showgirl and wear a fancy dress on my days off." Taking another swing of his drink he looked at Natsumi out of the corner of his eye "Thats a joke mind you, I really don't do that, so I might return the favor what are your hobbies and the like?"

Sam's Grill

Mitsuko wrinkled her nose at the suggestion, remembering that word from the short research she'd done on alcoholic beverages. It hadn't sounded too appealing. When she noticed Bors ordering a mug nearby, it only made her more confident that this wasn't her type of drink. Still, she didn't want to be rude to her roommate.

"I um...I guess I could try a little. Just a little." She asked for some water, too, before she joined Misato in sampling the drink...

Sam's Grill

"We can send Konoka. Do you have a computer pad or a communicator on you?" Hanako asked Sune. Hanako's thin silk dress barely contained Hanako, let alone any items. "We really should call Taisa Kotori and get her input."

Turning to Helen she said, "Weapon damage analysis shows the UCS Fulgora was hit by NMX weaponry, but the damage to interior doorways is inconsistent with NMX equipment. A piece of an exploded NMX battle pod was found embedded in the hull by the Ikoi technicians. The DNA samples Konoka recovered showed no signs of Mishhu toxins."

Sam's Grill

Before the topic bounced back to work so suddenly, there was a nod from Helen; "Good to keep those which are remaining with the crew in good spirits while things settle after the departures, some games could be of good use... not to mention, it'll be fun." As Helen spoke, her steak and shrimp arrived, which she soon began to steadily consume, starting with the shrimp.

While Helen ate, she listened to Hanako's statements regarding the UCS Fulgora. "Well..." She started, after washing her pallet with a drink of beer "There can be a number of reasons for that. Possibly the Fulgora got into a scuffle with a NMX ship prior to stumbling into the pirates. Alternatively, the pirates could have been using captured NMX technology. Though, what is distinctively possible as well, is that the NMX may have altered their mode of operations and are using new tactics and equipment in light of the thrashing they've been receiving. It's certainly a matter that requires some further investigation, ma'am."

Sam's Grill

"It has to be the former," Hanako postulated. "If the NMX capture a ship, they would most certainly put it toward their war effort. We have seen them use captured ships heavily in the past. Only salvage pirates would pick it over so thoroughly and then sell it onto the open market. My theory is this: The NMX damaged the ship heavily, and while it was helpless, it was boarded by someone like the Reds, who were using their characteristic .45 pistols. Do you agree?"

The Shosho drank more wine. "And what kind of games do you have in mind? It's been five years since my last dare lottery and I do not want to go overboard."

Sam's Grill

Jonathan sat quietly as he slowly, carefully consumed his steak and rice. He refrained from jumping in at the drop of a hat, instead choosing to listen to his crewmates converse. Many things were spoken of, conversational topics changing seemingly at random in some cases. Jonathan politely and discreetly listened to it all, within reason, and for good reason.

He was still 'the new guy,' complete with that 'fresh from boot' smell. He aimed to feel his way into the crew, as he had no specific role aboard the Eucharis beyond being a grunt. As he mentally ticked off faces to names to positions and duties, the lowly infantryman came to an unexpected conclusion. He made a mental note to get with Bors or Suzume about sending this up the chain of command for consideration.

A vessel the size of the Plumeria isn't terribly big insofar as warships go. As such, its crew is limited to just shy of 2 dozen personnel. Each department would be allotted a number of personnel based on crew size, mission specialization, and various other sundry parameters. For a ship who can only comfortably berth 19 personnel, that meant positions were at a premium, and cross-training would prove a beneficial assistance. After all, Eucharis herself only boasted three Engineering types, one of which was software specific. They had the entire ship to maintain, in addition to the contents of the Power Armor Bay.

Given the Infantry's use of PA, and weapons in general, Jonathan surmised that they would be grateful to have another hand willing to learn. It would cut down on maintenance times, and give Jonathan something to do in addition to constant training while waiting for his skills to come in handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back