• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Mission 17: Reikoku

YSS Kaiyo II
Deck 3 - Onsen

One normally wouldn't find Abart'huse in the onsen at this hour, however today it was a rare exception, as he needed a decent soak to assist in his periodic shedding. To separa shedding is a particularly personal ordeal, and doesn't always go well without some extra effort. The onsen was the only room aboard the ship with adequate space and privacy to shed, and the abundance of hot water made the process a lot easier. Not wanting to fill the onsen pool with loads of little scale bits, he took a long hot shower to loosen it up and then carefully slide it all off. It took a small 10 minutes, but ended up pretty good...

While he was here, he'd figured a quick soak couldn't hurt, right? A quick five minutes would do. After disposing of the shed scales in a waste bag, he silently slithered over to the water, slowly slipping the long noodle body inside untill nothing but his head poked out of the water. However, right after he'd finished his long relaxed sigh, Captain Hoshi's call to action blared over the comunicator in his pocket a dozen feet away.....

His face went from calm bliss to highly unamused in a second, briefly pondering if he should go or just wait here and let the others do it. No, that wouldn't do, especially after he'd just been promoted to Nito-Heisho. With an annoyed groan he rose up out of the water, slithering back to the dressing area to dress... Heck,drying off this massive frame would take too long, this was an emergency! With little time to waste he simply slipped out of the onsen's room with a big towel around his waist, communicator and the double gun holster for the two NSP's. One service model and one civillian model, presented to all of the kaiyo crew as gift from Hoshi a few months ago. "For khuscht sake, can't a guy get a soak around here!?!?"

-----

Deck 4 - Officer's cabins

Nerai'tha jerked out of her bed at the sudden call, dropping her spicy literature... and herself, on the floor. "Guiyahh!!! ...ack, and it was just getting good!"
Despite her protests, she was up and out of the cabin in no-time, extended-battery NSP at the ready. Being on deck 4, she was closer to the PA-bay boarders than the megami boarders, so she would focus her attention on them. Still, with no armor and only a pistol to work with, it would be hard to face a board party of PA-personnel.

Last edited:
YSS Kaiyo II
Deck 2

Sutahira nodded as Wulf made his way to the storage room, leaning from behind the corner and firing a few shots at the intruders, ducking back behind the wall. If he could just get to the armory and get a proper weapon, or even better, his MINDY, this would be a much better fight. His teeth began to ache as he ground them slightly in frustration. Peeking from the corner again, he fired off the last few shots before changing the power cell. One more remained on his belt, leaving him with very little ammo. These bastards chose the worst time to board the ship, no one was ready. Save for a few who had better weapons.

As the other medic, who Sutahira had only greeted in passing, came up he answered some of the questions. "No injuries so far, but also no meds. I threw some clean shirts and a few spare belts into my duffel for some basic, old-school triage until we could make our way to the medbay." The medic said, nudging the duffel sitting next to him. Inside the bag were about three shirts and two belts, the shirts could be cut with some scissors he had also thrown in there to help them last longer. There were also some towels and other small miscellaneous items that had been thrown in there, including a sewing kit with needle and a small spool of thread (obviously to repair a ripped uniform as the thread was a light teal).

YSS Kaiyō II
Deck 4

Alastair looked to the team that was forming around him. Many of them were hell bent on taking the ship by force. Exactly what he would expect from his crew of family. This was their house and no bugs were going to invade it. He reached over and put a hand on William's shoulder. "Soon," he said in a cold voice in reply.

Alastair checked the cameras that are placed around the ship. He wanted to confirm as many enemy locations as possible before heading down a level. He seen one of the bugs standing next to a door. It looked to be trying to figure out how to break in. Then he seen it, like time had slowed to a crawl. An ooze dropped from the crotch of the bug and landed on his clean floor. Internally he was screaming a death cry. This built till it could not be contained anymore. "Ahhhhhh!!! That fucking bug is making a mess of my floor. For the love of everything sacred on this ship." Alastair had zoomed in to over 9000 on the spot on the floor. "AHHHHH!!! It keeps dripping like a busted pipe." His face was firmly glued to the monitor.

His focus was soon broken by another just as shocking sight. His eyes were looking over the top of the screen when Elenor came into full view. She was wearing a very flirty dress. He had a flash back to the compound and the outfits the neko maids would sometimes wear. It looked exactly like this and had wondered if he had pushed to far. Did his desire to get her to integrate with the crew push her down the path of a lewd maid?

"Oh dear, this situation just isn't getting any better." He said outloud to the crew. "Welp William, soon can't come soon enough. Let us begin the purge." A grin crossing his face.

YSS Kaiyō II
Deck 4

Elenor huffed. 'Not a word to anyone who doesn't see it Gravity, or I will not be a friendly Neko to you for a very long time.' She said in response to Gravity's compliment. Then came the report from BOSS. 'I didn't ask for the Morgue BOSS.' She growled, though not before turning to Saya as she spoke and physically putting a finger to her lips in a silencing gesture. 'Keep to mental channels if possible. Don't give the enemy any more Intel about our actions, plans or movements that absolutely needed.' She sent afterwards, deciding that at least forming up with the rest of those on the deck would be the smartest move. At the very least, there might be info Belmont-chui could be aware of that she wasn't. Using hand signals to accompany her mental instructions, Elenor began to task of leading the so called 'Team Lolitia' to Alastair's location. She wasn't focusing on the camera feeds beyond mentally tracking where hostiles were in relation to the corridors of the ship, so she wasn't as triggered by the bugs dripping all over, just mentally filing away that the floor would be treacherous to tread upon for the duration of the boarding action.

Still, once she rounded the corner of the Engineering and moved up on Alastair, who had apparently adopted the idea of managing his command in clear view of all, she strove very hard to keep the eye twitch off her face at his expression. Thankfully he quickly refocused on the task at hand. 'So long as we can get heavier weapons than our NSPs. The enemy has PA and heavier weapons, we don't.' She pointed out via the mental comm links.

YSS Kaiyo II
Armory

Mikael listened to Elenor before adding to the conversation. "I could make use of the cargo lift to bring weaponry to you. But that will leave the hostile power armor team trying to cut their way into the power armor bay untouched. I believe it will be better if I engage and distract them those on deck 4 can make use of said lift. The blast door is shut and the sound of weaponry should mask the sound of the lift." He said before his eyes laid upon a few scalar grenades.

"If we are not too worried about damage to the ship, I can toss a couple scalar pulse grenades at them and bounce another into their boarding craft. Not ideal, but I do not know how many are still left in their craft."

YSS Kaiyō II
Deck 5
Galley

Chlorate noted the Rixxikor outside and assessed the situation. She processed the information, determining the best course of action. As the Rixxikor were at the blast doors of both the wardroom and the cargo bay, chances were that she was surrounded. The yellow-haired robo-chef clutched her bowl of knives. While she needed to get to the bridge, she hypothesized she would need a better weapon in order to maximize her chances of reaching there and securing it. The armory was near, but she would somehow need to find out how to get there either without the Rixxikor noticing or by fighting them. Viewing the MEGAMI's sensors, she tried to find a way there. She tried to step towards the door of the Galley, but immediately heard the noise of her metal-soled feet. If the Rixxikor heard a loud sound like that, they would notice her immediately. She bent down to look at her feet and put a metal finger over her lips, warning them "Ssshhh!" She took another step and realized that method, of course, did not work at silencing them. In order to prevent them from clanking, the electric girl hovered so that her feet stopped touching the floor. Rather than speaking and potentially allowing the Rixxikor to hear her voice in the kitchen, Chlorate used a much more efficient method and connected to Boss directly to communicate with her. "Boss, I require a route that will allow me to reach the armory and has as few hostiles in the way as possible," she stated digitally.

Deck 2
"Right!" Kiki acknowledged Wulf and Eden. She headed starboard, sticking by the wall. Her movements were swift, but careful, she checked around every corner to make sure there were no hostiles first as she moved toward the side to flank. She held her NSP, knowing she might spot one any second.

YSS Kaiyo II
Deck 2

Wyatt had quickly thrown on the shorts of his exercise uniform and strapped his holster to one thigh, not bothering with shoes, a shirt or even underwear as his NSP was stuffed into his belt and his revolver was reloaded - the ginger operative swapping out a few of the standard cartridges for heavy anti-armour rounds as his shirtless figure flew through the hallways a few paces behind Eden and into combat.

One foot slammed into the ship's flooring as Wyatt joined the fray, transitioning all that forward momentum into upwards momentum as he around gripped the barrel of one Rixxor's rifle and wrenched it skyward, rippling muscles beneath his tanned skin visibly flexing in tandem as he took one step back and brought the revolver up to his side - keeping the purple death-bringer close to his torso in these tight confines as a few shots were discharged into the enemy's upper chest, but the numbers were against him and Wyatt had no delusions of being able to last long in the current situation and so shoved the Rixxor's body back into the other foamy boarders to hopefully slow them if only momentarily before beginning his retreat.

It began with a dash to the side as Wyatt projected a volumetric afterimage of his movements to hopefully throw the enemies off further, dragging the cylinder of his revolver against one beefy thigh with a few satisfying clicks that were drowned out by all the commotion and sounds of battle - but now with the correct round chambered he brought the revolver up with one hand, aiming towards a group of the boarders in gilded armour and calmly depressed the trigger with a slow exhale.

A wad of superheated plasma kicked the barrel of Wyatt's SiZi M38 up towards the roof as it was fired, the immense heat that followed searing the skin and muscle of Wyatt's hand, exposing nerve endings with a grunt of pain as he used the recoil to fly back a few feet - quickly flying the rest of the way into cover behind an overturned maintenance cart, staying low with another low sound of pain as the purple wheelgun was swapped over to his other hand - the mangled and shaking one being held tight to his chest with a deep breath as smoke rose from it, smelling faintly like burnt Akemi burgers for anyone unfortunate enough to get a whiff.

Wyatt gritted his teeth and focused, pushing the pain to the back of his mind in no small part thanks to the man's immense tolerance for that kind of thing before twisting to fire off a few more standard shots towards the boarders, hoping his dumb little trick had enough of a payoff to justify taking one hand out of commission for a bit.

YSS Kaiyō II
Deck 4

After a moment Alastair regained his composure. It had been a very long time that something caused him to get this worked up. He had a crew to protect and a floor that needed cleaning.

"Ok team, we are going to make our way to deck 5 to get us some firepower. I have word we have crew in the PA bay who can help us break in from the cargo lift. I will need a pair to give us a distraction by using the locked down tube lifts. We can override the lock down and give the Kuvvy something to play with. Who wishes to volunteer for the job? I will remind you this is very dangerous but will give your other crew mates valuable time to get suited up in the PA bay. This is just a distraction so try not to be a hero and charge down the hallway."

Alastair flipped up his arm computer and checked the map for the area. We compared this with the computer data and live images. After a moment he sent a message to the crew in the PA bay they would be making a move soon.

YSS Kaiyo II
Armory

Mikael was in the process of grabbing a few of the scalar pulse grenades as he received Alastair's message. "I will have a distraction ready, just give the word when you make the actual move, sir." Mikael mentally responded back in a monotone. He was focused on his both his plan of attack and why the attempt for the power armor bay was being made.
He the proceeds to grab a few GP-12 rifles and places battery packs into his butt pack for whatever crew he encounters.

"Scalar Weapons... check
GP-12s... check
Subjects... check
Location... check
Murder... check

Murder...murder, Kuvexian, murder!"
Mikael starts to sing to himself mentally. He may or may not have broadcast that telepathically to his fellow crew members linked to him by Boss as he makes his way to the door closest to the wardroom. He cloaks and opens the door as he has two of his bits float out to scout ahead of him as he leans the rifles on the wall and sneak his way to the two corridor doors between the wardroom and the Kuvexians. When he gets the word, he will have the doors open and toss the grenades at them and into the boarding shuttle.

YSS KAIYO II
DECK 4
CREW CABINS
CABIN 8

Bjorn had only recently been added to the Kaiyo II crew and had hoped that he would have at least one quiet evening to get settled, learn a bit about his crewmates, and maybe better understand what was going to be expected of him during his time aboard the ship. But from the sounds of the fire fights and telepathic comms warning of a boarding party, Bjorn knew that his simple wish was NOT going to be granted.

He did not waste time complaining however, instead he leapt up from his bunk, pulled the duffle bag out from its neatly kept place under the bunk and proceeded to quickly dress himself in the standard star army working uniform that was provided for him.

Granted all he had was the bare-minimum standard issue gear, but it was better than nothing at all.

Once he was fully dressed, he pulled the NSP from its holster, providing a quick weapons-check before moving to leave the Cabin area -weapon ready and confidently held in front of him- hoping to join another group of crew members that were already out and about.

Luckily spotting ‘Team Lolita’ before moving to join up with them, giving plenty of space and time for them to acknowledge his presence without the worry of getting misidentified as an enemy, as he spoke through the telepathic comms to introduce himself as formally as possible ‘Okimoto(Family name) Bjorn(first name), Santo-Hei(rank), Reporting, Where do you need me?

YSS Kaiyō II
Deck 4

Having given his orders he took a moment to reflect back between now and the last mission. Over these past few engagements he had taken much interest in the crew member known as Nora. While it was not uncommon for him to spend time around crew, being around her had a different feel to it. In person he was his normal by the book self, if not slightly more serious. When she was not around he had a certain glow to his smile. He would also make comments about how perfect Nora was. If only the crew could be as well mannered as her. If only the floors could shine as brightly as her tail. Ever so often a comment would slip about her beautiful eyes.

Alastair was completely unaware he was acting like this. For everyone else it was clear he had feelings for the young Daur. For him this was entirely new ground to be walked. Only time would tell if this would bloom into something more than the casual passing of crew mates...

YSS Kaiyo II
Deck 4
Team Lolita

Saya blinked as she heard the words from Ragnar and looked around for a moment before she returned her response.

"I have nothing currently. We are headed toward the armory on deck 5 which hopefully will have at least a medkit, but I currently have nothing on me as I was in my room when the attack happened. I'm sorry..."

Her awareness snapped back as Alistair began to give his plan to the group and inwardly Saya worried about the one that had to stay behind. She wanted to be the one simply because it meant none of the others would get hurt in such a situation, but at the same time, she knew she probably wouldn't be able to pull the trigger.

"I-I can stay with whoever stays, to make sure they are safe and don't get hurt too badly. If nothing else I can at least patch them up quickly, or I could if I had a medkit..." Saya made a mental note to start keeping kits in her room from now on for just such an occasion.

YSS Kaiyō II
Deck 4
Team Belmont

Elenor listened to Alastair's plan, and while it in itself was not bad, it did leave whoever was stuck on tube duty to be fairly vulnerable. And rather than risk those who weren't as used to being unprotected by power armor in a combat situation, Elenor looked at Alastair. "I'll handle tube duty. Ranger's train to fight outside of PA, even against enemy in PA. I can't promise we can keep them busy for long, but we can at least provide enough of a distraction to cover your insertion." Elenor said, taking a breath. "I'll need a power pack or two though, so the single one I have is in mine right now, and to keep a distraction up long enough... One isn't going to cut it." She said, looking at the rest present.

YSS Kaiyo II
Deck 4
Team Lolita

Klaus considered himself, an open-minded individual, accepting of other peoples difference. But, it took every bit of his willpower not to facepalm as he watched Alastair Belmont, wearing nothing but pants and a cape. It was official. The Kaiyo was doomed.

Shaking off those thoughts, Klaus listened to Belmont's plan. It would have to do. He watched Saya proposing to help whoever stayed behind and Elenor volunteer. How could he not do the same.

"I'll help with the tubes." said Klaus, stepping up. He turned to Elenor."I have a spare power pack. After that I'll only have these." He gestured towards his katanas.

YSS Kaiyō II
Team Naked Firefighters
Deck 2

Eden noted the supplies Wulf had and sent an alert to those around her mentally to fall back and enter the dojo when the charges were placed.

"Boss?" Eden asked succinctly of the MEGAMI, "I want to know if the airlock on the port side of this deck is operational and not in use by the boarders and if the ship has a large store of water for fire fighting that can be funneled to enemy locale on deck 2."

"Yes to all of your queries, Chusa," the MEGAMI answered.

"Would any crew besides my team on deck 2 be negatively affected by an open airlock?"

"I will make sure nobody is." Boss replied.

Eden asked one more question, "How long between the airlock closing and redistribution of a breathable environment on this deck?"

"Under ten seconds," Boss said. Eden sent her plan to the MEGAMI then and used her knee to shove off of the ground and sprung into the air to reposition to inside of the dojo. Wulf passed her and instead of relocate to the dojo, she followed him.

"I have your three o'clock! Place 'em!" Eden shouted as she made sure she was keeping Rixxikor off of his position and held the Kuvexian's interest, diverting it from the Santô Hei. She sent the plan to those she knew the encryption data for.

"The charges Soban-hei is placing will be followed by a torrent of water sent through the corridors the enemy are in on this deck and the airlock right next to where they are trying to open the wall into MEGAMI and life support will be opened in tandem with a lack of artificial gravity. We're not in suits and need to be behind the blast doors of the dojo to survive this. We'll plan out another wave of attack on those, likely armors, that are not sucked out due to the vacuum of an open airlock after those that can be taken out, are. We'll have ten seconds between closing of the airlock and ability to breathe within the halls! To those crew around without this memo, guide them!"

To Ragnar, Boss said, "Decks 3 and Deck 4 are occupied by only Star Army of Yamatai personnel at this time. Medbay is secure and several routes could be taken to it."

Team Lone Wolves
Deck 5

To Chlorate, Boss said, "Harris-heisho is about to create a diversion for you," and showed Chlorate the feed of Mikael's location and a listing of his supplied, as well as Boss' own synopsis of his intention.

Mikael was clear to begin his assault on his own go-ahead.

YSS Kaiyo II
Deck 4

William turned to Alistair as his orders were given. "I'll handle the diversion." He said letting his blades slid out from his forearms. He then opened his jacket to reveal the two massive hand cannons in their holsters. "I seem to have the most firepower at the moment plus this thing..." He said tugging on his jacket. "Has some tricks I have been meaning to try out." He said with a malicious grin.

He then turned back to Klaus and Eleanor, making sure to slide the blades back into their compartments. "Looks it is us then." He pulled out one of the hand cannons. The metal of the weapon was silver, with an intricate pattern hand carved into the weapon. The handle was also engraved but the handle had his last name engraved into it. "Elenor use this. I have a fair number of rounds for it." He said flipping the gun so that he held the barrel and the handle was pointed to her. "Just make sure to give it back to me." He added with a soft grin.

After handing off the weapon, he look back to the rest of the group. "Now Unless there is anything, I believe I have some killing to do. Coming you two?" He said over his shoulder to Klaus and Elenor.

Last edited:
YSS Kaiyo II
Deck 4

Kiyo moved to join Wulf now that she was away from the enemy power armor. The blue Neko really wanted to get herself into her Mindy and wreck some havoc, but she knew that would take time, but they were getting there, she could be patient. Fortunately, she didn’t see the insect alien or she would have been bothered like Alastair was. Indeed, she didn’t like the idea of some creature making a mess.

She held her weapon as Wulf placed the charges ready and waiting to go. She smiled somewhat as she heard the plan. “Here’s hoping they don’t know how to swim, she thought silently to herself then glanced to Wulf. “Understood ma’am,” she said to Eden.

YSS Kaiyo II
Deck 5 - Lone Wolf Actual

Mikael getting into position, he leans his scalar sub-machine gun gently on the side to minimize the amount of noise being made. He then pulls out the first of the scalar pulse grenades and maneuvers his 5 remaining bits to get eyes on in a 360 degree field. He would know in a near instant if friends or foes were coming up so he can adjust his suit's CFS accordingly.

He indicates to Boss the parameters that will start his assault:
  1. The Kuvexians start sawing into the Armor Bay's blast door once more.
  2. Chlorate begins making a move out of the wardroom.
  3. The group of individuals above making their move for the cargo lift
  4. The bug boys figure out how to open the first of 2 doors between them.

When either of those occur, Mikael will signal for first the door near them to open in order to make them the sense that they had just made process and then the door next to him. His thought process being that they might just briefly let down their guard as he spins around cloaked towards the increasingly open space of the door next to him to fill the corridor with scalar pulses of his two shoulder mounted Ke-M2-W3902 Scalar Machine Guns and the two bits pointed in the direction of the corridor briefly.

The amount of damage to the ship caused by this huge volume of firepower that likely would make an ID-SOL blush will no doubt give him reprimand and extra duty. But if it cuts their numbers in half (dead or disabled), it was worth the potential cost. And the blast doors to the cargo bay should hold and protect anyone using the lift as the other door likely will not hold.

As he moved back into hiding to minimize his exposure to return fire, he would pull the string of the grenade and do his best to toss it into the hole leading to the boarding craft. He mentally prepares himself to act as an armored meat shield if Chlorate did not make her move and he survives his brief moments of exposure, while his shoulder mounted weapons continuing firing if they have a clear line of sight.

Last edited:
YSS Kaiyō II
Deck 5
Galley

"Affirmative," Chlorate electronically responded to Boss. Carrying the bowl of knives, Chlorate hovered over to the door, and then she stopped. She realized she could use her volumetrics to make herself invisible, and then the Rixxikor wouldn't be able to see her unless they had special vision equipment. Chlorate blinked and beeped, wondering why she didn't think of that before. With that, the robot girl camouflaged herself and became invisible to the eye. Now, it looked like there was a floating bowl of knives with nothing holding it. She saw through the MEGAMI's sensors that Mikael's distraction was about to begin, and she figured no one would notice her while she was invisible if she moved out now anyway. Chlorate opened the galley door, and the poltergeist haunting the bowl of knives floated out of the room.

Deck 2
Kikios was checking the starboard side when she telepathically got Eden's message. She noted that in telepathic form the order sounded more like a recording than normal talking. She hoped her starboard search was good enough because she had to go now. The sulphur-crested cockatoo spread her wings a took off, flapping her wings. She flew to the dojo entrance as fast as she could with her pistol in hand. Along the way she looked for any stragglers who might've missed the plan and not realized the deck was about to be vented.

YSS Kaiyō II
Deck 2

Wulf tucked behind the wall as he heard communicated the plan to the squad. Thinking it was better then his suicidal charge against the power armoured foe, he prepared to fall back with the rest of the unit. As he heard the firefight picking up he knew there needed some one to do the rearguard till everyone made it to the rendezvous point. As he unclipped a flash-bang he called out on the squad's comms "Take cover flash bang incoming". Waiting a few seconds he used his thumb to pull the string on the small grenade.

As he tossed the grenade down the corridor he called out one more time "Flashbang out". Tucking back again behind the wall he waited for the familiar sound. As the flashbang went off he popped out from the wall to fire off a few shots. As he started to lay down fire he waited for the order to fall back with everyone else.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back