• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 18.1] Winter Leave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Kyoto, Yamatai

Eucharis' feet made a loud crunch followed by a thump as her feet touched the snow-covered ground on the tarmac of Kyoto Military Spaceport, and the ship rocked slightly a few times before settling. In was the midst of winter here in Kyoto and the snow was coming down substantially, with about 30cm (1 foot) on the ground already. Around the ship were spaceport facilities in the distances and a few other starships, covered in snow. The rest of the squadron set down nearby. The moons were both full tonight, casting a blue glow over the dark spaceport, punctuated by the flashing strobe lights on Eucharis' underside.

Captain's cabin; The Next Morning

Hanako stretched out in her bed, enjoying the warmth of her fluffy comforter and fur blankets, her arms wrapped around and face pressed into a silk-covered pillow. She remembered staying up too late after the mission and helping decorate the tree. She checked her body's internal clock and saw it was breakfast time. After a moment of snoozing she swung her bare legs out of under the warmth of the covers and headed for the shower.

After washing herself, Hanako put on some pajama pants and a sweater and headed out through the bridge and made her way to the wardroom across the zero-G shaft.

This morning breakfast was being served in the form of warm apple pie, oatmeal, and smoked ham. The golden-eyed Shosho get herself a glass of milk to start with then went for the pie while she waited for the others.

Re: Mission 18.1 - Winter Leave

Cabin 4

After helping Suzume and the others decorate the tree, Mitsuko had returned to her cabin with her roommate. She could tell something was wrong, but didn't want to be too nosy. She just tried to be as supportive and comforting as she could without being too pushy.

Waking up early the next morning, she prepared for their vacation on Yamatai. The summer clothing she'd picked up a few months ago, during their leave on Hanako's World, wasn't at all appropriate. Murakami would have to stick with her uniform. She frowned again at the new uniform she'd been assigned. "This skirt is so short...my legs are going to be freezing." She grumbled. At least she could wear her Dress coat and hat outside. That still didn't give her poor legs any protection, though. Mitsuko didn't look forward to getting rained or snowed on, either.

She pulled out the NMX Snow Coat she'd been gifted, pondering wearing it just for the furred hood. Mitsuko was worried she'd stand out rather badly, though. "...maybe once we're officially off duty..." She nodded to herself, before checking on Misato. She hoped her roommate would be up and ready to go. Murakami was excited about being on Yamatai again. She hadn't been on the planet since finishing training, and had never had the opportunity to properly explore the capital.

If she had to, she'd work up the nerve to drag Suzume out of her bunk, out of her funk, and off to breakfast.

Cabin 2

Natsumi had stayed up late into the night with the others, helping decorate the tree and enjoying copious amounts of apple cider and gingerbread cookies before she had finally shuffled sleepily back to her cabin and collapsed onto her bed and passed out.

She woke decently early the next morning, a hint of excitement for being back on Yamatai tugged at her as she rolled out of bed, grabbed a clean uniform and undergarments and headed for the showers to clean up. A short while later she strolled into the wardroom, greeted by the smell of apple pie ham and oatmeal.

"Mmm smells yummy!" she said as she entered the compartment and made a bee line for the food. "Good morning, Shosho" Natsumi greeted cheerfully as she spotted Hanako already there.

Wardroom

"Good morning," Hanako replied. "We made it safely to Yamatai and we are in Kyoto. That means we can enjoy a little shore leave, celebrating the end of the year, shopping, and going to the onsen again. Kyoto is a relatively safe place but, as always, anyone that leaves the ship should have at least one companion for safety." She sipped at her milk, considering making a rare in-person appearance in the Senate.

Cabin 3

Takeyu stretched his arms as he sat the desk, he was staring at the AAR he had created and already submitted to Hanako. His mind was figuring out his mistakes, figuring what he had to fix, and what he needed to do to get better.

When he noticed the time he stretched his arms one last time before getting into uniform, he had already taken a shower a little over twenty minutes ago so he didn't need to take another. Instead, he made sure his uniform was on properly before grabbing his ICP and heading out to the wardroom.

He had arrived just in time to hear Hanako talk about shopping and the onsen and smiled, it was a good chance for him to shop around for presents for the crew.

"Good Morning, Shosho-Hanako," Takeyu said with a bow.

Wardroom

"That sounds like fun!" Natsumi replied. By now she had aquired a plate full of food. A generous slice of apple pie, a few slices of ham, oatmeal and a large glass of milk.

She set herself in a seat not to far from Hanako, deciding it was best to not isolate herself far away since the wardroom was relatively empty. "Good morning, Nayacesen-Taii" she greeted the engineer cheerfully.

Then turning her attention to her plate, she took a bite of her apple pie and enjoyed the warm sensation and sweet taste. "Oh yum" she said, then took another bite.

She was excited to be back on the home world. Going shopping, visiting the sites would all be fun. She really wanted to visit the onsen again. She and some of her fellow shiny new neko's had visited one in their off time while in training. She had enjoyed the quiet and relaxing atmosphere and the hot water immensly.

Wardroom

Bors groggily shuffled into the wardroom and immediately headed towards the coffee pot, managing to mumble out a quick 'morning to his senior officers. Quickly draining one cup, he poured himself another one as well as a few slices of ham and took his usual seat.

"I have no idea how you can have pie for breakfast" he said to Natsumi taking a sip of his coffee, " Seems almost like eating your meals backwards from dinner to breakfast."

Wardroom

Natsumi paused, eying Bors for a long moment as he sat their, drinking his coffee. "'cause its yummy" she replied then scooped out another piece of her apple pie with her fork and chomped on it. "You can't tell me you've never had something sweet for breakfast before?"

Wardroom

Mitsuko eventually entered, alone for the moment. She was quietly grumbling to herself as she picked up breakfast. The words "Suzume" and "stubborn" were easy to catch.

Soon enough she'd settled in to eat, the food lifting her spirits steadily as it disappeared. Murakami left a seat open for Misato, sitting close to the others, but not greeting anyone yet.

Wardroom

"Good morning, Takeyu!" Hanako grinned, giving him a nod of respect. "Do you wish to join me today? I would like to go shopping this morning and then visit the onsen in the afternoon. I have a hovervan rental arranged, which we can use to go around town. Any Eucharis member that wants to come is welcome. Since it is snowing, we should wear our duty uniforms with the frock coat and cap, and with boots rather than dress shoes."

The Shosho looked over at Natsumi. "It really is delicious, is it not?" she smiled, before returning to her own pie of the sweet and flaky apple pie. Bors was missing out!

When Mitsuko entered Hanako gave her a friendly wave.

Wardroom

"I'd love to," smiled Takeyu as he got himself a glass of milk and some smoked ham and apples. He walked over and sat down at the table, looking at his glass first while thinking about what he should buy.

"Since we're back, I'd also like to check on my little sisters to see how they are doing," he said and cut a slice of ham and took a bite out of it.

Cabin 4

Once Her roommate left the room Misato flipped the covers off of her and quickly moved to the desk. She open a few screens and located all the information for her little side job and responded to the messages. Smiling she saw that she would be able to afford to get her roommate a nice gift. She dug through her cloths and laid out some street cloths, leather jacket and her large aviator glasses. She put on her normal uniform and and headed out the door.

Wardroom

Before entering she put a depressed and miserable look onto her face and mopped into the room. She saw that Murakami has saved a seat for her. She slowly grabbed some food and plopped down in the seat. Picking at the food before her she spoke gruffly "Mimi-chan, Will you join me, I want to get off this ship for a while and I have some things to take care of."

Wardroom

Mitsuko perked up at the question. "Sure...the captain just said, we should travel with someone. Just like last time." She blinked as she caught the rest of that. "What do you need to take care of, Suzume-chan?" She considered what her roommate might be referring to, as she polished off the last of her breakfast. "...mmm, have you guys been here on shore leave before? This is my first time back since training..."

Murakami sipped at her drink as she waited to see what other information Misato might divulge. She wasn't in any hurry to leave. She was going to attempt to plan a bit more thoroughly for this short vacation than she had last time. Helen wasn't going to be there to take care of them, after all.

Wardroom

Suzume looked up at Mitsuko, lening over she wispered,"I have to settle accounts and find a place to house my new business." After deciding the rest of the food wasn't going to sit well she got up and put her dishes away. "I'm going to go and get changed into some street cloths if you want you can come and dig through and grab something, I mostly have tee-shirts and jeans though. Not that I mind you in your uniform." Misto proceeded to mop her way out of the wardroom, He was finding it hard to keep the fake depression on her face. 'Today will be filled with interesting things, my good Mimi-chan.

Wardroom

"Ah. Where are they staying?" Hanako asked Takeyu. "Do you think they would be interested in shopping and going to the onsen?" she asked.

As the crew conversed, Blueberry came in and got breakfast. "May I go out with Pineapple?" she asked Hanako. The Shosho gave Blueberry a nod, causing the blue-haired nekos to grin giddily.

Wardroom

Mitsuko leaned in, copying Misato. "Why are you whispering?" She found she was reflexively whispering as well. "B-business?" She didn't think her roommate was much older than her. When had she found the time to start a business? Were they even allowed to do that? Murakami sat up straight, as she realized that was probably why they were whispering about it.

Even though she'd started with more food than Misato, she'd also had extra time to eat. So she found herself getting up at the same time, following Suzume as they took care of their dishes. "W-wait...Suzume-chan..." She reached out to tug on her shoulder, to keep her from exiting too quickly. "The Shosho just said we should wear our uniforms and boots..." Mitsuko glanced back at Hanako, smiling nervously. Was she responsible for keeping a secret from the captain, now?

Takeyu thought on the Shosho's question for a brief moment. "They are in the city right now, getting ready for the holiday sesson. Presents to buy for friends from their old school, but I'll send them a quick message and ask if they want to join us," smiled the Taii.

Wardroom

"Alright, we can head into the city now and you can contact them while we are on the way," Hanako said. She stood up and brought her plate back to the scullery. "I will meet you in a few minutes in the cargo bay." With that, Hanako went off to her cabin to get dressed.

Cargo Bay

Hanako, now in her black coat, entered the cargo bay and went to the ramp-door at the back and went to the control panel for it. The door let out a long loud groan as it opened, spilling bright white light into the bay dimly lit by red standby lights. As the snow-covered tarmac came into view, a blast of cold air came into the bay, turning Hanako's cheeks red and blowing her hair. She pulled down the black elastic chinstrap from her blue cap and put it on.

Wardroom

Bors eyes flicked between Natsumi and the Captain as he sipped his coffee, choosing his words carefully as to not say anything incredibly stupid.

"I'm not saying its NOT tasty... I'm just saying things like pie shouldn't be eaten for breakfast, lunch maybe, but not breakfast."

Finishing up his cup of coffee he took his plate to the kitchen to be washed and headed back to his room. As he walked down the hall he bumped into Misato,

"So planning some mischief eh? What ya gettin' yourself into this time?"

Wardroom

Natsumi finished her breakfast and returned her dishes. She wanted to get ready and go, but she suddenly didn't know who she was going to go with.

"Um, would anyone like to go shopping with me, then maybe the onsen?" she asked. Last time she had spent with Bors, Konoka and Mitsuko. She felt a sudden pang of sadness that Konoka was no longer on the Eucharis. If she had felt like anyone on the ship was developing into a friend it had been her. Since Konoka left Natsumi had not socialized much with the crew, save for the after party on the star base.

"Or maybe I can tag along with you guys?" she asked Mitsuko, Misato and Bors

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back