• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 19.1] Derelicts (HX-12 System)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Power Armor Bay

Sienna looked around at the stockpile of sleek-looking military hardware of all shapes and sizes, letting a soft, impressed whistle from her lips. This room excited her almost as much as when she'd gotten in the ship's hot shower for the first time, and she was even giddier that she was going to get to utilize some of the equipment already.

When Natsumi brought the spacesuit to her, she gazed at it with detached admiration. It looked strange without a body inside of it, kind of like a formless blob, almost, were it not for the helmet. She wrinkled her nose imperceptibly, suspecting that from its appearance it would be something else of a tight-fitting bodystocking like that horrendous suit she'd wriggled into the night before, but knowing what Natsumi looked like in one, she allowed herself to give it the benefit of the doubt. It would be snug and form-fitting, from what she remembered it looking like on her, but it certainly wouldn't be nearly so revealing as the bodysuit.

She sat down on one of the benches along the locker and unlaced her boots, kicked them off, and pulled her tank top off over her head. She looked the laid-out suit over, analyzing how everything was probably supposed to go together in her head. Standing as she unclasped her belt, she tilted her head and leaned in for a closer look at the seals, clamps, and hoses built into the apparatus. One corner of her mouth turned upwards a bit. She was impressed; this was a sophisticated piece of hardware. She started to notice several telltale signs of intricate survival systems that would have likely eluded someone without a mechanically-oriented eye: water recycling, propulsion, multiple vital monitors, even what she guessed were nano-scale heating cells.

Slipping her pants off, she picked up the suit and stepped in with one leg. The fabric was a tough polymer that hugged her calf and thigh snugly, but it didn't squeeze so hard that it was uncomfortable. It was thick enough as well to keep from looking like she was wearing body paint as well, and she was genuinely astonished as to how flexible it was. Putting her other leg inside, she smirked with the rest of her mouth as she effortlessly pulled it up over her hips. "Man, this is actually kinda comfortable," she commented. "Shoulda given me one of these last night rather than that giant body condom." She pulled it up over her torso, adjusting her bra to keep it from pushing out of place as she slid her arms inside.

She looked at the helmet sitting on the bench as she flexed her fingers, pleased that the arms were no more constrictive than the legs. She could probably figure it out on her own, but decided that it was probably best not to risk it. This suit would be protecting her from the hazards of a vacuum, radiation, hostile atmosphere, and likely a plethora of other dangers she wouldn't normally think about. Better to make sure it was set up properly so it could do its job in keeping her alive. She glanced up and over at Natsumi. "Hey, mind walking me through how you seal and diagnose this thing?" she asked.

PA Bay

Natsumi was down to her undergarments and folding up her uniform when Sienna asked for her attention. "Of course" the white haired Neko replied, setting her folded uniform, boots and socks in her locker. She then walked over to where Sienna was working on getting into her AMES suit.

"Here we go, just like this" Natsumi said as she did up the seals on Sianna's AMES, showing her what she was doing as went along "This suit is pretty easy to put on and very comfy," she added, then helped with hooking up the Back Pod. Once everything was settled, Natsumi handed Sienna her helmet.

"Okay, you are all set, just pop the helmet on once were ready to land and your good" she smiled "I'll just be a minute"

Natsumi went back to her locker, stripping out of her undergarments and putting them away. Then she climbed into her MINDY. She settled herself into the armor's soft fleshy interior, then waited as it sealed itself up, all the armor plates dropping into place and locking down. Then the system powered up and let her move with ease.

"Well, shall we go catch our shuttle and have an adventure?" she asked Sienna as she walked back over to the Nepleslian woman all geared in her power armor.

Without waiting for an answer, Natsumi turned and walked through the hatch that lead from the Power Armor Bay to the Shuttle Bay.

Spotting others getting ready, Natsumi waved to them, then boarded the shuttle designated to them for the mission and began the pre flights

Code:
"Sir, I'm all set and am getting our shuttle ready for launch" she sent a note to Takeyu

Misato lead the way down to the PA-bay. She heard Mimi-chan say that she had a Mindy set-up, so Misato went over to her own Mindy and placed a hand on it face plate's cheek. "We're heading out again, lets do right this time... We have others to worry about." She hit the controls to open the PA up. As it opened Misato stripped down and laid her clothes out on the bench next to her Mindy rack. Once she had stripped down completely, she stepped into the PA.

She stepped forward and stretched around a bit making sure everything was work correctly. "Well Mimi-chan, I'll be waiting in the shuttlebay."

Right Shoulder: Gauss Rifle
Left Shoulder: Ke-M2-W2913 Aether/Scalar Submachine Gun
Legs: NSB Launchers
Hand Carried: type 33 Auto Grenade Launcher
Slung Duffel bag: 4 blocks of plastic explosive, 5 yards of det-cord, 3 satchel charges, and enough detonators for all of it. Also in the bag is a second ammo box for the Gernade launcher.

Fabrication Bay

"Personal preference for shields really, I haven't had much luck with them and prefer hard cover to protect me rather than some sciencey device that I'm still a bit foggy on how it actually operates. Itto Juni Ramiro apparently has a fetish for them judging from the last time I saw his configuration when I was poking around in the armory.... Don't tell him I said that though he might get a bit miffed." Pulling out his E-cig he took a quick drag before putting it away and continued talking. "I wouldn't worry about making a hole for the Gauss, it a nice little number and can do a decent amount of damage on its own though the missiles still have their uses more boom, as you put it, is always a good thing. Now if you excuse me I'm gonna go suit up myself, need to make sure those repairs I made after the last time I wore my MCAS are functional."

Strolling out of the Fabrication bay he made his way over to the PA bay running his usual pre mission checklist though his head.

PA Bay

Once inside Bors went directly to his personal MCAS and began the process of putting it on. After donning his suit he did a quick diagnostic before heading to the armory to grab his trusty pulse rifle, making sure to grab a few extra grenades incase they ran into anything serious on the planet below.

PA Bay

Sienna tested all of her joints, bending her knees, flexing her fingers and rotating her wrists and elbows, bending at the waist and twisting her torso, pleased with how the sealed suit fit. Every bit of her felt covered and protected, yet at the same time she didn't feel the least bit limited in her movement or constricted. She worked her neck back and forth, trying to see if the polymer collar that encircled her neck, stopping just short of covering her throat, would scrape her or bind up when she turned her head. Still nothing. Picking up the helmet and tucking it under her arm, she grinned, glancing up at Natsumi. She was about to comment when she noticed the suit of armor that the Neko was climbing into.

Her eyes bulged slightly and her jaw went slack. If she was impressed with the space suit, she was absolutely astounded by the power armor. She'd only caught momentary glimpses of such technological marvels from a distance a handful of times thoughout her life. Suddenly she didn't feel so impressive in the AMES. After Natsumi slid the last locking joint into place on her body, the thus-far pleasant and sweet-tempered Nekovalkyrja actually looked imposing, even a little intimidating. Sienna had no words; she could only try not to feel too jealous.

As Natsumi turned to head out of the armor bay, Sienna gathered up her clothes in a heap and strode out behind her. "We going back to the same shuttle bay we landed in yesterday?" she asked her. "I gotta toss these in my cabin and grab my tools, I can meet y'all there."

Armor bay

Sune removed his belt, tunic and boots. Stored them in a bin next to his armor. One of the things he appreciated about this armor was quicker getting in since getting fully undressed was not required. He entered the armor, and closed it up. He waited for the system to complete self-check and power up of his Mindy 2-3A. He disengaged from the rank. Did a few basic moves to assure himself that the unit was good. He picked up a the Type 31C Medical Kit he brought and stowed it in armor's butt pack. He was uncertain what to expect, so he wanted his people to have a diverse load to cover more contingencies.

The armor signaled an incoming message. He looked at Conrad's message.

Code:
Sune-Chusa,

I am currently working on creating my MCAS setup along with Bors. However, what are your preferences for the mission? How much time do I have to complete the design? Will I be able to join you in time? ....

Sune shook is head at the wrong name usage, Some things never seem to change. he thought to himself.

Hightower-Hei,
Complete the fabrication of the core armor. Then report to the armory where you can select from available modules. That should ensure we can leave on time.

As for your last request, my door is open anytime for crew members who want to talk.

Jalen-Chusa.

He looked at Misato, "Suzume-Hei, since you are suited up, kindly start pre-flighting the Chatoyancy. So that we can depart as soon as the others suit and and load."

"It's just through the doorway here" Natsumi replied to Sienna's question. "Also, you can just put your stuff in one of the lockers in the Power Armor bay, no ones going to mess with it" she added with a smile.

Natsumi smiled and continued on to her work. The shuttle needed to be ready quick so they could get going and get to their mission. They had a derelict ship to explore!

"Aye Sir... Uhh Am I going to be flying it?" Not really waiting for an answer She tore off to go get the shuttle up and running. She had never flown one before, sure she had trained basic shuttle operations, but they never let her get behind the stick.

Once she boarded the shuttle she slung the grenade launcher onto the seat next to her and sat down at the controls. She started activating the systems one by one. Mostly on automatic, the information to do so was in there, but it didn't mean she really was sure that she knew what she was doing. As the systems kicked up she started downloading the information from the briefing to the shuttles computers so that it could help come up with a flight plan. Once everything was up and running she sat back and waited.

A shiver run down her spine, the thoughts of the past combat operation left her concerned for the current on. Sure Takeyu helped a little by taking her to that planet and finding the ID-sol, but she still had the jitters.

Mitsuko made a face, cheeks puffed up. Frustrated. "...oh...fine." She hmphed. "...I guess I'm coming along." Her head was telling her to stay put, where it was mostly safe, since she hadn't been ordered to go along. Her training was reminding her that Logistics tended to handle the shuttles, especially when no pilots were officially assigned. She still hadn't forgotten the way Hanako had chewed her out when she'd stayed behind last mission, either.

Armor Bay

Murakami still lagged behind her roommate, obviously not thrilled about the mission she'd somehow wound up volunteering for. The Neko still didn't like the look of the nasty scar across her Mindy's helmet, nor the memories it brought back. She took her time suiting up, triple-checking everything. Misato had already gotten into her armor and headed to the shuttle by the time she'd finished.

Shuttle Bay

Soon enough Mitsuko settled her armored form into the other pilot's seat, up front with her roommate. "Thank you for getting it warmed up for me, Suzume-chan. I can handle the flight. This won't be my first time, after all..."

PA Bay

Sienna slightly pursed her lips at Natsumi's suggestion. She felt reasonably confident that the Neko actually did feel that her shipmates were that trustworthy, but her own experience wasn't so quick to agree. Even though she deduced that at least the captain, if not part of the crew, could access any part of the ship they wanted to, including private bunks, she still felt funny leaving her belongings in a common area. "Still, if it's all the same," she replied with a nonchalant shrug, "I'll meet you at the shuttle."

She backtracked through the corridors to the wardroom, then traversed the staircase to the cabins. It took her a brief moment's thought to remember which was hers, but other than that, finding her way around was surprisingly easy.

Cabin 6

Tossing her sloppily rolled-together clothing on the unmade bunk bed, Sienna walked to the desk on which her backpack, holding every last belonging she owned, sat. She held her breath as she searched through it, hopeful that whoever had "decontaminated" her belongings didn't confiscate anything. Her hand brushed cold metal, and she breathed a sigh of relief. She closed her hand around it, withdrawing her boot knife in its sheath. It hadn't been polished, but the grit and grime was gone now at least. Out of habit, she started to shove it into her boot, but quickly realized that such a thing was impossible in the flesh-hugging, sealed spacesuit.

She frowned, tapping her fingers on her thigh pensively for a moment. In seconds she realized she was drumming on a strap hitched to the suit's leg. It was obviously intended for a weapon holster, but it would more than suffice as a harness for her knife. She slid the strap through the sheath's slots, testing its hold, and nodded to herself. Digging through one of the outer pockets, she found her electronic multitool, in the event she needed to test, bypass, or otherwise manipulate any working circuitry, and a utility knife. Finding pockets on her AMES's belt, she stashed them, and turned to leave the cabin and meet up with everyone in the shuttle bay.

Shuttle Bay

After suiting up Bors made his way to the shuttle bay and towards his designated shuttle. It almost felt weird to be back in power armor again, though it may have just been the new chest piece that was irking him either way he was happy to be on another mission where he could shoot things. He soon found himself aboard the shuttle where he was surprised to see Mitsuko suited up for the mission.

"Gettin tired of being stuck on the ship eh? Hopefully it will be a bit exciting for ya." He said giving her a friendly jab in the shoulder before heading toward his seat.

PA Bay

Takeyu had made his way to the power armor bay, suiting up in his PA and checking all systems. He didn't change his loadout, keeping it the same as before, he double checked the teleportation module and nodded.

Shuttle Bay

As he walked out into the shuttle bay and noticed that Sienna was wearing a regular AMES, that was something that just wouldn't do. "Sienna, please get yourself equiped in a Daisy Armor. That AMES won't provide you much protection in the event we get into trouble. Also, grab yourself a pulse rifle please."

Shuttle Bay and Power Armor Bay

"Takeyu," Hanako's voice came from the intercom. The irritation in her voice was clear. "What are you thinking? Please remember that Sienna is not a Star Army soldier. She is not authorized to use our weapons and armor."

YSS Firebird

The shuttle for Team 2 was idling with a hum in the Nozomi-class scout's shuttlebay, which was somehow even more cramped than that of the Eucharis. Blueberry had come down to see Takeyu off and she stood waiting on the glossy black floor looking out the open bay door to see if she could spot Team 2 coming across the docking tube.

Shuttle

Takeyu grumbled. How the hell is she supposed to protect herself then.... the Taii shook his head. "Forget it Sienna, use the AMES instead and boarded the Golden Apple."

With a heavy sigh, he looked up. "Sorry ma'am, I thought you had given permission due to the potential dangers of this mission."

Shuttle Bay

Sienna's eyebrows shot up in surprise when Takeyu instructed her to get suited up in one of those wicked-looking power armor suits, and even further when he asked her to arm herself with a rifle. She almost swooned with excitement at first, but she wondered if he actually was within his authority to ask her to do such a thing. The ship's captain had been pretty specific about pointing out she was a civilian guest aboard a military ship, and wouldn't have access to many things. Surely she meant to include cutting-edge weaponry like those. Not that she would have any qualms about jumping into one; she'd easily be able to point the blame at Takeyu if someone got onto her about it.

She stood there for a second, awestruck, and didn't have time to ask any questions or ponder very long on how she wouldn't have the slightest idea how to load and operate a Yamataian pulse rifle before Hanako's voice came over the intercom, chastising Takeyu for his violation of her decree. A frown darkened her face as she looked up toward the high ceiling of the shuttle bay. Was every inch of the ship monitored like that? Had she exchanged her life of indenture to live under constant surveillance? At the very least, she would have to be careful about what she said and did from now on, even when she thought she was alone.

After Takeyu replied to the disembodied voice, her eyes drifted back down to him. "Don't worry about it," she said, her demeanor changing from muted excitement and anticipation to a cool, detached aloofness. "I can take care of myself."

With that, her helmet under her arm, she strode over to the waiting shuttle and boarded.

Shuttle bay

Sune stepped into the shuttle in time to hear Mitsuko say she would pilot the shuttle.

"Suzume-Hei, you take the sensor station in the cockpit as co-pilot. Monitor the communications channels for any signals, and use the Science scanners as we approach look for any energy emissions, and use the ground penetrating radar to get us an idea of what is beneath the surface." he instructed.

Eucharis Shuttle Bay

"Then I am sorry for the confusion," Hanako apologized to Takeyu. "When ready, you are cleared to open the shuttle bay doors and launch."

Shuttle Chatoyancy

Even before the shuttle left the bay, Hanako called it. "We are getting some energy readings from the old NMX base. There appear to be aether generators running down there. Be alert, if there is power there could be survivors."

Shuttle Chatoyancy

"Yes Sir." Misato's voice didn't show any disappointment at all, the idea of flying was fun but if there was going to be combat she would have be ready to go quickly. She slid over to secondary seat, and started going over everything the XO said to do.

Wes said:
"We are getting some energy readings from the old NMX base. There appear to be aether generators running down there. Be alert, if there is power there could be survivors."

"Yes Ma'am, thank you," Misato brought up the sensor readings of the Eucharis, adding them in to the combined sensors of the shuttle.

Natsumi leaned back in the pilots chair as she waited for the others. She spotted Takeyu board and nodded to the Engineer.

"All set for launch, sir" she said, turning her attention back to her control board, triple checking the shuttle's status.

She glanced back into the main compartment again as someone entered and smiled as she saw Sienna board. "Excited to go exploring?" she asked Sienna.

Shuttle 1

Mitsuko was quiet inside of her helmet. She had almost moved past worrying. The Neko was still taking things carefully, but the captain's announcement made things clear. She was about to wind up in another hostile environment, and this time she'd had to volunteer herself for it. Murakami shook her head, preparing for the worst as she readied the shuttle for launch, just waiting on the last members to arrive before heading out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back