Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Mission 20: Baka yarō

Noodlewerfer

Well-Known Member
Krothrol
Planet Surface

"Affirmative!" Chlorate was quick to respond. She perked up quite instantaneously, tank parts acting more like body parts as her turret moved around like it were her head. It was as if Hoshi had been holding down one of the mechanical girl's springs and just released it. There was still something distinctly robotic about her movements, but she was no longer driving around motionlessly unlike a non-sentient tank with its gun locked in the same position. She followed the Reinbe, eventually turning her turret towards the corner of her hull and depressed her gun to look at something she couldn't quite visibly see but knew was there. "Chusa Hoshi... have you possessed wheels and or drive sprockets before?" the tank girl asked, in awe at her own body.

Team Surveillance
Kikios as well rustled her way through the vents, having an even tougher time because her fluffy wings and tall beanpole frame made her even more cramped. At this point, though, that wasn't her concern, even if it was... ow... a squeeze.... She wasn't quite paying full attention either, for when she came to the open vent, she didn't realize the sudden drop was there as she looked away and assumed they would be continuing forward. The cockatoo fell out of the vent and nearly SQUAWKED, had she not stopped herself from making an audible shout. However, she could not stop herself from falling down, and she fell down with quite a scene. Her instincts told her to flap her wings to avoid hitting the floor, but there wasn't enough room to pull out of the descent. Unfortunately for Indira, her flapping feathery wings slapped her a few times in the process. When Kiki realized she was on the ground and no longer falling, she quickly folded her wings up and grimaced as she got back on her feet, looking at Indira and scratching the back of her neck. "Err... sorry..." the white winged bird apologized.
 

SirSkully

Game Master
Kaiyo II
Bridge


Wyatt's features morphed from surprise at the unexpected sensation of someone sitting on his lap, to a frown as he realized the ship's actual sensors operator didn't look like she was in too much of a rush to get off, the scowl she gave him just gave the Minkan even more of an excuse to slip away. He made quick work of carefully floating himself out from between the seat and Asuka's rear with a little cough to clear his throat.

"A medal is not necessary for such a small accomplishment if you ask me," the former half-elf shrugged somewhat towards the assembled personnel, planting his feet firmly on the ground next to Asuka's chair before similarly planting a fist on each hip, "~that being said, is there anything else needed of me here or should I absconder for the time being?" Wyatt sought confirmation, smoothing out the material of his pants over those sturdy-looking legs.
 

demibear

Game Master
Krothrol
Spire Arushen
Team "The Kuvexian called Bhorvoom"


"Roger, thy will shall be done. But... how are you and the others getting hunk of wasted atoms Chusa?" Mikael said mentally back to Eden just before he verbally he started to say something else. "Fine, fine... fine!" he rapidly said in a Kuvexian manner as if he just won something big and he just can't hide it any longer. He handed over the proper amount of coinage that should cover the fees. "Now, do make sure that is enough and briiiiiiiiiiing me back the change."

"Surveillance and computer teams, what is your current status and do answer this time..." Mikael said cooly mentally to the others.
 

SchererSoban

Office of post cheer.
Site Supporter
Convention Veteran
Fourth Cavern
Wulf Soban

Wulf followed Kiyo as they moved prize in hand. As he saw her signal to him he pondered but still looking to part. Motioning back to Kiyo he signed back not to close so as not to give either away.

He now worried internally what happened and there response. The Crew had a victory in sight but it seemed it had all gone sideways. As they where just about to move into the crowd he paused looking around since the store Sakura was just at would be in sight. Pausing enough to gauge the reaction of the crowd he would then direct Kiyo into the mess and sea of people as they made it back to the rendezvous points. Hopefully no one would follow but he still scanned like a predator looking for the bigger fish in the sea of threats.

Fourth Cavern
Sakura Sjet

Gosh was she thankful to have run into those two on her escape. Her odds of survival have shot up quite abit and was grateful to have some friendly faces in a world of unknown. As she moved towards to rendezvous point she would speak in as a cowned but purposeful voice "Sorry ! Please move aside very important delivery must be made!". Keeping a smile but keeping her eyes down she tried to find the quickest way through the path hoping that her crew mate would remain asleep in the box and no one would interfere too much.
 

Charaa

Well-Known Member
Fourth Cavern
Kiyo remained silent and calm as she followed Wulf, allowing him to lead her, but she kept an eye on Sakura hoping that she was alright and wondering what was in the box, but getting one idea as she quietly took measurements, and noted that it appeared to be the right size for a Neko to sit in.

Did something happen to Kiana? She wondered silently as she walked through, also using the void caused by Sakura and the box when possible as she walked and returned to their rendezvous points. Her hand was on her hidden and invisible Silverlight, but carefully to not arouse suspicion.

What happened Sakura?’ she sent telepathically as they walked.
 

SpaceEye

Well-Known Member
YSS Kaiyō II
Bridge


"Well when your readings helps save the crew and spend less time in Wyatt's lap, I may put you in for an award also." He could not help but grin as those two untangled themselves from the chair clearly built for one. Alastair then walked over, leaned down and gave Asuka a hug. He did not give her time to return the hug and quickly uprighted himself. He gave her a soft smile but nothing more before his serious look returned to his face. "An unknown race yet to be discovered. Such amazing things still await us in the cold of space. Very exciting we made contact, even if for just a moment, a race far beyond our own. May we one day reach this level of excellence." He walked to the front of the bridge and turned back to the crew. "Till then, I got a cook that dirties my floors with flour and Wyatt who is so sexy girls magically pop out of thin air and into his lap. Feel we are getting there crew, one crazy adventure at a time." He could not help but smirk knowing he would not want it any other way on this ship.

"Wyatt, I'd go suit up. We will be returning to pick up the crew when they are ready. Might need to do a quick evac when we return. Boss, have the helm turn us about and return to within reach of our crew." He walked back and took a seat in the captain's chair. He took his hand and pointed with his finger saying, "onward."
 

Gunhand4171

The Gunman
Krothrol
Spire Arushen
Trial Pools

William fought mercilessly as the enemy trolls charged in. The 2 of them traded blow for blow. William took a glancing blow to the side of his head, and in return William grabbed the monster and drove his knee up into the thing's gut over and over again. It howled in pain, but the ID-SOL was not done. He pushed it back and threw a right cross which landed on the monster's jaw.

As the blow connected, William could feel the bone beneath give way as the jaw broke into pieces. William smiled like a devil as the monster screamed through it's broken mouth. "This is what you get." He said calmly as he reached out like lightning and grabbed the monster's throat and began to squeeze. "Don't worry it won't hurt much longer." He commented nonchalantly as the monster began to fight frantically to escape William's vice like grasp. The ID-SOL kept squeezing till he felt the monster stop struggling, then threw the body into another Kuvexian that was still fighting.

It was then that Rei had landed next to him. He smiled at his mother as he caught his breath. Then everything went to hell. A force field cut William, Aiko, and Saya off from Rei and the way out. Before William could even call out to her, a scream came from the other monster that Rei and felled. He turned around to Aiko and Saya and yelled "Get behind me!" as he charged towards the new challenger.

As he fought with the troll, he was acutely aware as a fog slowly began to seep into the room. He looked back in desperation to Aiko and Saya, then to Rei praying she could get the field down so they could escape. It was then that he began to feel the effects of the fog. His body's reaction began to slow, and his thoughts were becoming more muddled. He mumbled "No..." as the other began to slump to the ground.

Being so much larger than the others, it took a little longer for his body to fully succumb to the effects. However, he fell a few moments after. In his last moments of consciousness he reached out to his friends. "No. Don't hurt them." Was the last thing he thought before his mind fell into blackness.
 
Last edited:

Whisper

Submissions Reviewer
FM of NDC
Game Master
Team Surveillance

Indira grudgingly offered a hand to help Kikios up. Overtly being helpful like that wasn't her usual thing, but they both shared in taking an unseemly spill out of the vent. That earned the bird some kindness from the usually unattached scientist.

Indira set her hands on her hips as she looked at the dock that held their shuttle. She frowned and checked her datapad, wondering where the others were.

"I think we're the first ones here. Let's make our way onto the ship and get ready to leave," she said softly to the others. The quiet wasn't very necessary, as any nearby guards would have been long since alerted by the two 'covert' operatives crashing to the floor, but it seemed like the right thing to do.

With care, Indira and the others made their way back onto the shuttle and began preparations. She took a look at the shuttle door, feeling a little concern for the missing team members. She wanted to radio, but was hesitant. There was too much risk to the others, and herself, to go broadcasting their locations. Instead, she tucked her hands into her lap and tried to suppress her worries. The others would arrive soon enough.
 

Ametheliana

Staff Member
Submissions Reviewer
FM of Nepleslia
Game Master
Krothrol
Spire Arushen
Vents Near Trial Pools

"In pursuit of the captors, maintaining radio silence from here on." Eden informed Mikael.

Valet

After having meandered away and arrived back in a similarly lackadaisical fashion, the valet had brought them the ship that Oleera Boyer had given them. With a toss of the change to Mikael, the valet returned to their station and sat down.

"Take it easy, exxy," the valet said.

A comm device at his station rang out: "4S to 0S, outbound travel is henceforth restricted."

After comming back, "Got it," to whoever 4S was, the valet shouted to the Mikael's departing form. "Looks like you just made it!!"

Surface

Hoshi's blue brows lifted, "Never have I. Your tank body far outmatches my own in the wheels and drive sprockets departments."

YSS Kaiyō II
Bridge


Asuka was irate when she said, "If it weren't for my readings while on an ALIEN INSTALLATION then nobody would have been sa-" The angry sensors operator cut herself off to inform Alastair, "The transport vessel our crew is on is out of the Spire. I've opened a channel from you to them, Captain!"

Boss stayed on the bridge for a moment, but soon departed.
 

demibear

Game Master
Krothrol
Spire Arushen
Mikael and Co.

Mikael catches the change, making sure the volumetics doesn't reveal his true height. As he makes his way to the shuttle, he slows down a bit to turn around to the valet.

"Indeed, just means more profits for me! He then raises an eyebrow as he looks back at the shuttle in response to Eden's message. More information he would have to get later.

When Mikael and Yoshinaga enter the ship, he closes the hatch and looks around. He then drops his volumetics and just nods at the person most qualified to fly them out of there as soon as possible.
 

Ametheliana

Staff Member
Submissions Reviewer
FM of Nepleslia
Game Master
Krothrol
Spire Arushen
Mikael and Co.

The ship was as they left it. If Mikael made his way to the bridge, he would be able to note that one of the seats on the bridge had been moved considerably from its former position. Seriously, who would ever change it that much without thinking to lessen the recline, at least!?
 

SchererSoban

Office of post cheer.
Site Supporter
Convention Veteran
Fourth Cavern
Sakura Sjet

As Sakura moved as calmly as she could through the crowd she thought back on what happened. Responding back to Kiyo telepathically " I don't know, we just talked to the store clerk when she just collasped. I didn't know what to do so I took out the clerk and stuff our poor crewmate in the box". She signed as she was making it finally to the file part "It's almost like a switch went off".

Fourth Cavern - Maybe freedom?
Wulf Soban

As Wulf moved with Kiyo and Sakura he saw the final goal. A chance of freedom with there prize in there palms. As he gently bumped through the crowd he knew this was the most dangerous part. The moment of victory always caused some issue and made you relax but for Wulf he knew this was to be when they where the most guarded. As he scanned as they moved he made sure to grab Kiyo's hand to guide her along "Sorry Ma'am but I don't want you to be late".
 

Charaa

Well-Known Member
Fourth Cavern
As Kiyo tried to remain calm as she walked, she listened as she heard from Sakura about what had happened, and how Kiana seemed to have collapsed for no reason. She hoped that they can get back to the ship soon, so they could figure that out. She didn’t know what could cause that to happen to one Nekovalkyrja and not anyone near here. Though whether this had something to do with the fact that Kiana was created as a sprite she didn’t know.

Kiyo continued to walk, with her two friends, trying to look regal like she was someone of importance she glanced to Wulf when he grabbed her hand, and apologized to her, acting in character. She appreciated his concern for being late. “Yes, Mother will not approve of tardiness,” she said in character. To Sakura, she sent another telepathic message. “I’m pretending to be a wealthy woman’s daughter, but I’d say the ‘mother’ will likely be the captain or Eden in this case.”
 

SchererSoban

Office of post cheer.
Site Supporter
Convention Veteran
Shuttle Escape.
Sakura Sjet

Sakura had just made it to the shuttle. Easily waved through as she was carrying a package. She was abit shocked by the lack of security but must be why they where able to get onto the port so easily. As she stepped onto the shuttle she quickly moved to the cargo bay and with it trying to figure out what to do with there downed crewmate.

Shuttle Escape
Wulf Soban.

" No Ma'am we can't keep her waiting". As he moved through the crowd he was surprised by the quickness they got through the check point and back onto the shuttle. Wulf was sweating and felt the bit of pressure as they boarded the transport. As he wondered if there was still a problem but was rewarded with the sound of the transports engines. It seemed they had made it with there prize. As he took a deep breath he wondered if they had gotten lucky.
 

SpaceEye

Well-Known Member
YSS Kaiyō II
Bridge


Alastair knew very well the words Asuka spoke were completely true. Even when captured she managed to do right and assist in saving of the crew. A deed he would not allow to go unrewarded. He stood once more and walked over to her. He reached down and moved his hand under her chin. He placed his pointed finger against her chin and lifted it up while learning closer to her. "I will be sure to personally put in the good word." He said with a glint in his eye and smile so bright. He then removed his hand and gave her a pat on the head. An action uncommon for Alastair but after this mission, many things felt different.

"This is Alastair, please respond." He called out on the communications to the ship the rest of his crew was on.
 

Charaa

Well-Known Member
Shuttle Escape

Having now made it into the Shuttle they were supposed to go to, she sunk into her seat and rested her body, as she tried to calm her heart before moving to the back to check on Sakura and their downed comrade. When safe, the Kuvexian disguise disappeared to be replaced by Kiyo. “I hope she’s ok” she said worry and concern in her voice as she waited for them.
 

demibear

Game Master
Shuttle

"Belmont-Taii, Surveillance and Stock Market teams are accounted. Proceeding to rendezvous with the Kaiyo II at pre-assigned coordinates as ordered." Mikael said largely in a monotone voice. He did not know how the the others manage to survive this unscathed, but he was not going to question it. He just wanted to get back to the ship.
 

Noodlewerfer

Well-Known Member
Krothrol
Surface

Chloey made an almost disappointed beep. "I have similar parts in my gynoid body, but they are inside of me. I have not felt them rolling on the ground before."

Team Surveillance
"Okay," the yellow-haired cockatoo responded, grimacing and looking around to see if there was anyone else around she might've alerted. When she saw, thankfully, that no one had rushed in to investigate, she proceeded to follow Indira. Not long after, she saw the others return, including Mikael, Sakura, Wulf, and Kiyo. It was becoming increasingly obvious, however, that some were missing and they weren't going to be here. Not to mention there was Kiana, who was apparently unconscious. What happened here? Kikios fidgetted. There wasn't anything else that could be done. She didn't like that. She would just have to hope they'd return safely on their own. Kiki reached back and tugged on one of her white feathers.
 
Top